• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone care to rate my Falcon?

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
you know what, it wasn't that bad, in fact if your just picking up Falcon very good, you seem to know a bit. Things to keep in mind are that A) Falcon Kick has priority B) Nairs are very good if spaced correctly and can be SHFFL'ed on fat people C) Tilts are better than smashes, make good use of them. D) Dair auto canceled is still wicked E) SPOT DODGE!!!!

quality of video footage is really the only thing I can critique on (if your just picking up Falcon)

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
good falcon.
C)Up tilt is a great move to use
E)You can also come back to a stage with a raptor boost instead of always using UpB. Raptor Boost is also a good spike

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
You should really take advantage of Falcon's insane speed. Especially against the slower characters like DK. Often it seemed like you just waited for your opponent to do something. Instead of that you should simply overcome them with Falcon's great speed and strings.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
You should really take advantage of Falcon's insane speed. Especially against the slower characters like DK. Often it seemed like you just waited for your opponent to do something. Instead of that you should simply overcome them with Falcon's great speed and strings.
approaching is dangerous, on DK i would spot dodge then use the opening for a Nair

Iwan

Smash Ace
approaching is dangerous, on DK i would spot dodge then use the opening for a Nair
Yea, approaching in general with falcon is tough, but approaching a DK? That's insane...lol. Good DK's tend to just WAIT to grab you. And if you let DK grab you enough you'll have no chance of winning....his grabs are so **** strong.....

Try to fit a Nair chain in against big characters like DK. And when he uses his recovery, drop from directly above him....

and spike his ***.
haha.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Not too bad. The two knee kills were sweet to see.

Falcon is fast so you need to take advantage of big opponents' down time. Like when DK botches a d-air or you shield his front-b. Though it's good you didn't make any giant mistakes like running in to try and interrupt DK when he was charging his f-smash.

CriticalToast

Smash Rookie
you know what, it wasn't that bad, in fact if your just picking up Falcon very good, you seem to know a bit
Yeah, I am pretty new to Falcon. I mean, I usually use him as my "**** around" character, running around PAUNCHing people in FFAs and all that, but this was one of the first times I used him seriously.

Tilts are better than smashes, make good use of them.
Hmm... Would I benefit from changing my C-Stick from Smash to Attack?

We can't really say how good you are from one game though.
Very true. I'll try to get another video up within the next few days.

Thanks guys!

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Hmm... Would I benefit from changing my C-Stick from Smash to Attack?
My stick is on attack, which I did so that I could use UTilt (I had tap jumping on till about a week ago). The problems I have is that sometimes (I'm pretty sure its me not holding the controller straight and hitting the stick at a diagonal) I jump instead of UTilt/UAir (I use the stick for UAir out of habit still from tap jumping, because it would waste my second jump if it did it normally), and sometimes I do Jab/NAir instead of DTilt/DAir (the stick for DAir so I don't fastfall accidentally). But as I said, it's probably just me hitting the stick at a diagonal.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I wouldn't switch smashes to attack, just learn to tilt properly, because tech chasing is important with Falcon, and you may need the C-Stick for a quick Dsmash of Fsmash

TokiDoki

Smash Journeyman
If you aim your f-tilts up then they won't be able to shield grab you as easy.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Good Falcon, I haven't seen many good ones in brawl. I liked it!

P.S: I totally misread the topic title as something else.... >.<

Top Bottom