• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any smashers that listen to METAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Love metal!!!! (as in I Love metal and also the genre Love Metal (HIM))
But seriously, Dimmu Borgir, Children of Bodom, Slayer, Cradle of Filth. All that good ****.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
It may just be, but I've never really been able to get into Children of Bodom .Maybe I haven't listened to large enough scope of their work. I do like Finntroll though

Symphony X

Smash Lord

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
:cry:
Man In The Box got corrupted. I'm going to have to find my copy of Facelift... I have no idea where that would be.

edit:
OH no... it apear to be the entire CD. Wait nevermind, some of the songs are fine. I wonder if my external hdd is screwing up.

appears to just be Man In The Box & Would

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
METAL is definitely the best music to play Brawl to. Children of Bodom, Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Finntroll, Ozzy. METAL just gets me in the mood for killing.

I wish you could add your own songs to stages you create. How awesome would it be to have Hallowed Be Thy Name as the music for a stage.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
METAL is definitely the best music to play Brawl to. Children of Bodom, Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Finntroll, Ozzy. METAL just gets me in the mood for killing.

I wish you could add your own songs to stages you create. How awesome would it be to have Hallowed Be Thy Name as the music for a stage.
I wet myself

_X_

Smash Lord
Looks like a fair amount of Smashers listen to Metal.

The song on my myspace says it all (And yes, I know, myspace is ghey)

www.myspace.com/_X__

You kids should all be listening to bands like

Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Soilwork, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Opeth, Machinehead, In Flames, Lamb Of God ETC.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Metal is ****ing incredible. Metalcore does not count at all. Cookie Monster and Pterodactyl vocals absolutely kill ANY song. Heavy Metal and Power Metal is where it's at.

The Holy Trinity:
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Black Sabbath

Other awesome metal bands:
Dio
Ozzy Osbourne
Megadeth
Motorhead
Helloween
Scorpions
Guns N Roses
Kiss
Hammerfall
Accept
Saxon
Dragonforce
Avantasia
Edguy
Van Halen
Manowar

etc etc etc...

Seriously, screamo hardcore jerks who call themselves metal give metalheads a bad name. Also, if you don't like metal, I bet you listen to talentless rap and pop ****.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Seems a little random for the Brawl boards, but yeah, I do.

Granted, I've 'grown' out of heavy metal and death metal and all that stuff, more Iron Maiden and power metal now.

Cinatas

Smash Cadet
NNID
cinatas
oh yes, i love metal
cannibal corpse
job for a cow boy
necrophagist

to name a few of my favorite bands

Exovel

Smash Ace
I listen to about anything.

In the metal genre though, I have a lot of 80's metal and some newer progressive metal.

Older Stuff - Ozzy, Queensryche, and lots of bands like Ratt and Cinderella
New - Ayreon, Symphony X, Blind Guardian, Dream Theater, Deadsoul Tribe, Devin Townsend, and Shadow Gallery

- to name a few...

Symphony X

Smash Lord
****, I just remembered Something else. Everyone knows Dragonforce, right? Well, who'd like to hear Dragonforce with an even better Singer? Personally, I don't think the video does the song justice, but it's freaking HOT.

Also, if anyone's wondering about the accent, these guys are from Norway. Kind of like in the instruction manual for Guitar Hero II...
I don't know why people always hating on Dragonforce's lead singer. I like him. He just puts that good old fantasy feel to their music.

Granted he does suck live, but so does the whole band.

Razed

Smash Ace
Maiden really ISN'T THAT GOOD! Maiden = flocking centre for the people who are new to metal. Granted, they're good, but they're not all you guys are making them out to be.

AznHalfCaucasian

Smash Journeyman
Listen to all kinds of music execpt for Country........don't seem to enjoy it...maybe just me

Also as Bill Cosby says about the rap music "Causes the brain damage, you see"....lol

marioxmaiden

Smash Cadet
sorry for double post but are there any super smash bros pros that like metal (like for example gimpyfish , ken hoang ect)

Fumigator

Smash Rookie
Metal

Metal is one of the best things in my life. I consider Iron Maiden to be the best band in the world and I like (nearly) all types of metal. Some of my favorites include:

Folk Metal- Ensiferum, Skyclad, Eluveitie, Finntroll
Power Metal-Freedom Call (love them to death), Helloween, Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian, Avantasia, Dragonforce, Dark Moor, Edguy
Death Metal-Wintersun, Children of Bodom, Slayer, Falkenbach

I also like Progressive, Thrash, Black, White, Speed, and basically any other genre or subgenre of metal (including pirate metal bands Battleheart, Alestorm and Running Wild :) )

I love to talk about metal so if you have any questions or want a recommendation or anything just say so.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
i like a lot of different stuff but metal is definitely one of my favorite genres. Between the buried and me, metallica, megadeth, killswitch engage, trivium, and protest the hero are all awesome.

My favorite band, although not really metal, is coheed & cambria. they have so many amazing songs

Project Occasus

Smash Cadet
I started listening to classic rock music before metal. Lots of stuff like GnR, Queen, Rush, Motley Crue.

I don't download any music due to my stone age equipment, so I only use CDs. But I did eventually discover some really great metal bands. Iron Maiden is great. I only have the greatest hits CD, but that's usually how it goes for me. I don't usually have to CDs from on band. The only one I do have more than one of is Rush, because they're my favourite band. Anyways, I also like Metallica, but only have a couple songs by them, while hearing some other stuff from friends. The same goes for Ozzy and Black Sabbath.

My favourite metal band is gonna have to be Judas Priest, though. I love Hellion/Electric Eye, Ram it Down, Metal Meltdown(of course lol) and I think my favourite guitar solo of all my songs is the one from You've Got Another Thing Coming. Does anyone else LOVE the solo from that song?

The rest of the bands I like are Def Leppard, Led zep, Styx and ACDC. I'm probably forgetting some, though.

Krew~!

Smash Rookie
i love every type of rock metal being favorite thrash and glam lol cuz theyr so far apart

top 5 fav metal bands in order:
Ozzy Osbourne
Motley Crue
Pantera
Iron Maiden
Megadeth and Metallica tie for 5th, ironic eh lol

all time favorite:
VAN MOTHER F***ING HALEN (van halen)

srry for tha outburst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom