• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Smashers from York University - Toronto

KK321

Smash Rookie
hey, I've been playing smash for a couple of years and just learned advance techniques late last year. I haven't attended any tournaments since I think they stopped hosting them (probably cause Brawl is around the corner). Anyways, I want to improve my game and obviously the only way is to expose myself to other veteran smash players. Are their any smash players that attend York University? If so, I would like a one-on-one to enhance my game so I can beat my friends (who don't use advance techniques, but are aware of them).

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
hey, I've been playing smash for a couple of years and just learned advance techniques late last year. I haven't attended any tournaments since I think they stopped hosting them (probably cause Brawl is around the corner). Anyways, I want to improve my game and obviously the only way is to expose myself to other veteran smash players. Are their any smash players that attend York University? If so, I would like a one-on-one to enhance my game so I can beat my friends (who don't use advance techniques, but are aware of them).
I go to york university :)
What character do u use?
There are still lot of tournaments being hosted, just look at the other GTA threads, like Smashturbation, the GTA bi-weeklies.

idea

Smash Master
I go to York too! And yeah, my friends don't really use advanced techniques either (not that I'm very good with them) so I'd like to have some outrageously skilled people to practice with.

KK321

Smash Rookie
I go to york university :)
What character do u use?
There are still lot of tournaments being hosted, just look at the other GTA threads, like Smashturbation, the GTA bi-weeklies.
I go to York too! And yeah, my friends don't really use advanced techniques either (not that I'm very good with them) so I'd like to have some outrageously skilled people to practice with.
I main as fox and have a couple secondary characters. Are you guys willing to have a friendly game of smash? If so, how and where would we play?

idea

Smash Master
Can anyone go to those? I don't really know anyone in the smash community yet, and I couldn't tell if either of those were just between friends or not.

Desh.

Smash Lord
lol it is the "gta" as in. greater toronto AREA lol xD
plus even if your not your welcome =/ but yea u can def come to the biweeklies...theres one on the 8th =D i think its gonna be a lonely weekend on the boards cuz everyones in ottawa and wouldnt let me hide in the trunk D=

but yea everyone is welcome to tournaments...i dont know of any rule saying certain people can come to the tournament...unless of course they say that >.> <.< <.>

onegoal...heaven

Smash Journeyman
LOL how do you guys find time to play ssb in flippin college??? Ugh, at least it's making me a bit happier bout college XD. Oh and your friends reminds me of the term "homegrown heroes" Lol, they know bout advanced techs but don't want to use em XDDD.

idea

Smash Master
eh, i actually have more time to play now than in high school...since i have way less time actually spent in class, i pretty much get to choose when my free time is. and i know about all my assignments weeks or months in advance. it's nice =)

and desh (or whatever your real name is =P) i don't think i can come on the 8th. i'm sure i'll come to one of the bi-weeklies, though. heh, it'll kind of suck the first time, going and spending $10 and then probably losing against the first or second person i fight. but i bet just watching others play will be fun enough. and there's always free play.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
eh, i actually have more time to play now than in high school...since i have way less time actually spent in class, i pretty much get to choose when my free time is. and i know about all my assignments weeks or months in advance. it's nice =)

and desh (or whatever your real name is =P) i don't think i can come on the 8th. i'm sure i'll come to one of the bi-weeklies, though. heh, it'll kind of suck the first time, going and spending $10 and then probably losing against the first or second person i fight. but i bet just watching others play will be fun enough. and there's always free play.
Most of the time, the way our singles tournament works is that we play by pools into bracket round. You would be in a pool of 6 and you would face everyone of them in a set (potentially 18 games) and you gotta start somewhere. Most of the current smasher's first tournaments were them going and getting absolutely *****, I sure remember my assraping.

idea

Smash Master
ah, okay. that's much better. it wasn't so much the getting ***** i minded as the not having much of a chance to play. hey, do you guys ever order pizza or anything?

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
I've recently joined the board and in a similar situation to you.
I don't attend York U but I am at seneca @york so pretty much the same thing.
I am definately up for a match! We can even have it in my studio space.
Reply for details.

idea

Smash Master
I've recently joined the board and in a similar situation to you.
I don't attend York U but I am at seneca @york so pretty much the same thing.
I am definately up for a match! We can even have it in my studio space.
Reply for details.
how about him, you and i, and we rotate for matches? and anyone else who reads this...and ambrose, if he's in the mood for destroying some comparative noobs =P

idea

Smash Master
uhh...when's good for you? i have the most time after classes on wednesdays and a bit less on tuesdays, and fridays completely off. well, and weekends. so now we just need kk321 to see this...

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
uhh...when's good for you? i have the most time after classes on wednesdays and a bit less on tuesdays, and fridays completely off. well, and weekends. so now we just need kk321 to see this...
wednesdays and fridays i actually finish around 12 30 so those days are pretty good ....
we can play in my studio or if you know another place that doesnt have a really small tv that would be a little bit better to play on, it's like a 15-17inch tv in my studio. i can bring a cube + smash and if you need i can bring controllers but if you're bringing your own let me know so i dont have to carry extra weight =]
i'll PM you my contact info

idea

Smash Master
hmm...wednesdays i finish at 2:30, how's that? and no, sorry, i don't know another place right now, but i can definitely bring my own controller. the joystick is kind of worn down and a bit more sensitive, so i'd probably feel weird using a different one =P

by the way, what exactly do you mean by studio space?

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
I'm in the animation program so we have a studio with our little cubicles to work in... i usually just use the tv we use for testing the animations and try not to piss anyone who needs it off, but there's other free tv's in other rooms
if you don't know where it is, it's on the fourth floor of the TEL building, in the corner of the SOUTH side of the building.

idea

Smash Master
mmk...so now i guess we should see when kk321 responds again. i private messaged him asking where he was. i might be able to get one or two friends to come, by the way, but it doesn't look that likely and depends on when it is anyway

KK321

Smash Rookie
sorry for the late respond guys. Just to let you know I'm in. Has a date and time been arranged? I can pretty much do it anytime. I'm ahead in my classes so i'll just skip them if necessary. Anyways, I can bring a couple of controllers if needed.

Top Bottom