• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Pensacola/Panhandle, Florida gamers here?

Pritch

Smash Lord
Rice, Drumma Boi, Ram, and Boomstick are all in the Ft Walton/Navarre/etc area. There's a few of us over in Panama City as well, but that's a pretty good drive (that and we mostly just play melee here).

ragnarock

Smash Lord
ME and another smasher are in mobile, thats about a 1 hour drive away and i don't mind coming to you.

Sariku

Smash Master
Alright, we'll I do have good news. A thread will be up today on what will be going on, but we have a few dates in mind.

The beginning of August at the earliest, which would be August 1-2 and August 8-9. We may have a place to hold it at, and if so, it will be a two day tournament. GameStop has not got back to us whether they will sponsor it or not, but the place will be free to use all weekend. The catch to that is some of the money will go to the D'Iberville Special Needs Soccer Team, set up for disabled and handicapped kids to play soccer and have fun. It will be a two day tournament, the first being Super Smash Bros. Brawl and the second being Melee. You will be able to sleep inside the place all night, and there are restaurants such as Taco Bell, Hooters, Applebees, Outback, Beef O' Bradees, and a few other places close by to the location of the tournament. We will have a Brawl Singles and Doubles and a Melee singles and doubles, each costing 10 dollars to enter. Prizes will consist of the entry fees and possibly others such as gift cards to Wal-Mart and GameStop, and possibly a new 32" TV. The better prizes will be in the tournament the most people express interest in, so weather it be Brawl or Melee, we do not know.

If you have any questions or concerns, you may post it here. We know it's a long way from most Mississippi Smashers, but assuming the prizes are good I don't think that it should matter that much. If most of you want Melee, then we will make the Melee Tournaments the ones worth the prizes. Just tell me what you guys want, as I hope all of you up north will want to come down here and meet the few smashers, like myself, secluded from everyone who is really playing the game. I will have the thread up, but also invite people yourself. People in the Melee scene don't know me nearly as well as they probably know all of you guys, so please help make this a successful tournament.

Thanks.

This was originally posted in the MS Thread.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I used to live in Pensacola when I went to UWF. Now I'm in Tampa, but there's also a chance that I'll move back.

My girl friend is in the process of interviewing with UWF right now for a job. If she gets it, I'm back in a few weeks.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'll be starting on getting my masters in the fall at UNO, so sometime mid/late august.

Though I'll be in boston/maine for the first half of the month with family, so for all intents and purposes I leave sometime near the start of august.

Top Bottom