• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any pembroke pines/miramar smashers??

gangsta66

Smash Journeyman
beta: its up 2 u. we can start like around 2 or 3 if every1 is free that early. but if not we can always do it later it doesnt mak a difference 2 me. i'll start it at the best time for every1 to show up.

nicaboy: ya man wenever ur down here jus pm me and we can play no prob.

BETA

Smash Ace
Yeah, let's see when Honors and Ryusiodo can make it. I can come as early or as late as needed.

So we've got two Wiis/Cubes thus far? Alright... we should try and get two more. Only having two would only be enough for FFAs. Who else can bring one? I can't bring mine unfortunately.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
beta: its up 2 u. we can start like around 2 or 3 if every1 is free that early. but if not we can always do it later it doesnt mak a difference 2 me. i'll start it at the best time for every1 to show up.

nicaboy: ya man wenever ur down here jus pm me and we can play no prob.
awesome i know there are some competive people in fort lauderdale too but i dont think they use smashboards. but ya i'll keep in contact

Ryusiodo

Smash Apprentice
So it's this Friday (9/28/07)? I can't get there till like 5-6 PM at least. I get out of school at like freaking 4:30 PM. >_> I could bring a copy of smash if needed and a controller and maybe my memory card if we really need it. Then again you only have 2 TVs...

BETA

Smash Ace
Could someone try and bring an extra TV? There's going to be around 8 people, right? Me and Ryusiodo need to get some 1vs.1 practice for Smash Bash IV.

I'll probably be over there a bit after noon if that's alright.

Ryusiodo

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. You have to remember that while skill is a defining factor between two players, there are sometimers where the character does matter. Every character has it's limits. Granted, a good Yoshi would own a bad Fox, Falco, Sheik or Marth. However, even a perfect Yoshi can't compete with the perfect Fox.

Edit: Technically, no character played perfectly could...unless it was another Fox.

BETA

Smash Ace
I'll take my chances. There have been Yoshi players that have been able to do really well against high-level top-tier players.

Personally though, I haven't had any true competitive experience, so I've been stuck as a scrub for a long time.

Ryusiodo

Smash Apprentice
Lol same here. =/ Most of my friends are fans of the overrated and "cooler/more violent" Halo series. Granted, I like Halo too but I tend to dislike somethings when everybody and there mom starts to follow the fad.

gangsta66

Smash Journeyman
So it's this Friday (9/28/07)? I can't get there till like 5-6 PM at least. I get out of school at like freaking 4:30 PM. >_> I could bring a copy of smash if needed and a controller and maybe my memory card if we really need it. Then again you only have 2 TVs...

ya this friday. come at watever time u want im gona already be there by 2 so from 2 - wenever ppl can start showin up. o ya and bring ur game, memory, ect. and wat ever else u can so we dont have 2 worry bout anything else except for jus 1 more t.v. i think 3 shuld be plenty so ppl arent sitting around waiting 4ever 2 play.

1-up

Smash Journeyman
hey i didnt know animal control and wes live in the landings. im over there all the time. chops have them pm me a cell number or something

edit: also beta im at my friends house on university and pines smashing it up right now.. pm a number for you too and ill give you a call next time im over here

Honors

Smash Journeyman
All day 9am-10pm filled with classes, so I couldn't respond that quickly.

Ryusiodo: The Flight Deck is in ( on the right side) the University Center the big building to the left of the library when you come out of it. I don't know how it works with non-NSU students, but NSU students have to present their NSU ID to get the GC.

BETA: you could get in contact with him through AIM. I'll give it to you through AIM. Also, does Devry has an area where you could hook up the GC? It doesn't have to be an official game room, cause at my University, we hook up the game to the projectors in our classrooms when there is no class.

gangsta66: I won't be going this friday. But if nothing occurs on the 12 of Oct, I'll see that I'll try to make it.

I'll pm jfizzle to let him know of this thread.

BETA

Smash Ace
Alright 1-Up, I pmed you.

Honors: Sucks you're not coming. I've already added Advent to my AIM list. He hasn't been on Smashboards since March though. The commons room of DeVry used to have a TV. IDK if it's still there. They whip it out whenever they decide to have a Madden (yes, Madden >_>) tournament.

Gangsta66: I'll bring a copy of Smash (v1.0 though), my memory card, and my controller then.

Oh yeah, if you guys have a DS and a competitive DS game (i.e. Mario Kart or Pokemon DP), bring it.

Ryusiodo

Smash Apprentice
Alright I'll head there once I get home. I don't want to go straight from school since the stuff is going to get baked or something during those 7 hours. >_> At most I can stay till like 9-10 PM because my parents are going to be like where the F*** were you?

Ryusiodo

Smash Apprentice
Sadly yes. Plus I have a lot of hw for the weekends too. Not to sound like a free loader but will there be food there >_>?

Edit: Btw who do I ask for at the door? (What's your name basically?) I don't want to sound like an idiot tommorrow...

gangsta66

Smash Journeyman
ask for eliott and if you guys want i can order some pizza or sumthing from dominos down the street. we still need a t.v so unless you all want only 2 t.vs running some1 has 2 bring 1. o ya by the way feel free 2 bring whoever if u have friends that want 2 come as well. the more the better.

gangsta66

Smash Journeyman
well..... hard to say. we all go to tournaments together but i still **** them by like 3 stocks every match. so they are ok but not that hard of a challenge. thats y i posted this to begin with, i never get a real challenge against them so i came on here looking for competitve play.

gangsta66

Smash Journeyman
no gate. just make a left and the first right wen u get in the neighborhood and i'll have the garage open. my black bmw will be on the driveway as well its really easy to find u shuldnt have any trouble finding it. if u get lost just call me

BETA

Smash Ace
Well Ryusiodo, I knocked on the door at around 3:00 and he wasn't there. I'm going to call him now. You should call him when you get out of class just to be sure it's still on.

W.Jr

Smash Lord
gangsta66 i can play u, but its just time. I have cross country practice. I can play u around 6:00or 7:00 to watever.

samus owns all!!!!!!!!!

BETA

Smash Ace
Good stuff guys! I feel like I improved during the fest. Cool meeting all of you.

Gangsta: when you said you were playing Manhunt, were you talking about the PS2 game or the backyard game?

Ryusiodo: Thanks for the ride back to my apartment! Pretty convenient how close you are. It doesn't appear that either one of us is a sexual predator. PM me or email me if you feel like practicing anytime. I'm free most weekends.

Top Bottom