• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any of you play with multiple char.?

AznxFighter

Smash Rookie
I was just wondering if its better to be able to play competitively with multiple characters. The one thing that im afraid of is that if i play with a another char for a while, i'll get adapt to that way of fighting and lose all of my fox skills. Is it better to just stick with my fox? If you guys play with a different char please tell me :]

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I play every character, but I don't know if its bad.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
well, i dont recomend to play with every character, if u are starting to play ssbm, is better to stard playing always with your main, if u think thats the most likely character for u.. then u can after u shffll pretty good, and u feall pretty confortable with him, u can use another character without not stoping playing with your main..

trademark0013

Smash Champion
i play lots of characters also. my crewmates yell at me to stick with my best, but its fun to play with other ppl for change. jus make sure ur fox doesnt die and u'll be fine. if anything, u'll have other characters as good as ur fox. hooray for multiple mains

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I play with a bunch, and different people have different opinions on which they think I'm better with (which usually depends on their playstyle, and their character choice). Just play whoever you want. Only you can make that decision.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Usually having 2 or 3 isn't too bad, but don't expect to play as everyone and still make progress. You can't improve that way.

SSBfan55

Smash Rookie
I also play with a couple, but I do have one that I play the most over all of them. Its been said before its your choice and yours alone to play with just one or with a bunch of characters.

SSBfan55

Smash Rookie
I also play with a couple, but I do have one that I play the most over all of them. It is your choice though to play with one or a couple.

Didnt mean for the double post

Adi

Smash Lord
It's a very verry good idea to have a secondary and even tertiary character because at the higher level you will need to counterpick in order to win matches.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
The only character I ever have problems switching over to after playing Fox would be Mewtwo, which is completely legit.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
stick with one character, then learn a counterpick, like me, i use ganon and i'm trying to bring my doc up to about the same level because of ganon's bad match-ups

with fox, you should be fine, you might wanna pick up marth incase peach's and falco's give you trouble

Genuine

Smash Apprentice
You need a secondary character. Well just incase, I mean depending on your playing style. Well every character has a combo for fox because he falls quite fast. If you fight a chainthrow happy marth (like me ^_^) well you might be in some trouble. I say once you learn a lot if not all of fox's technical aspects you should learn a new character, but it will be a while before you learn all the technical aspects of fox.

But hey I understand your fear because when I play with the ice climbers and then play with marth sometimes I instinctivly Wavedash into downsmash. But hey get to know all your secondaries and your main and it wont happen as much.

LeifusYourGod

Smash Cadet
personally theres a handfull of chr i play, most of which are just for sh*ts n giggles, but i think its good to have a main and then an alt chr of some sort, just so if they counter pick and/or to throw them off. but thats just me

-Leif (Cake)

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Well, I play 11 characters, but I have 2 characters that I practice the most, which are Marth and Falco. It might come from the fact that I don't have much competition around here, so for the past 4 months, I keep getting bored, and I keep taking up new characters to keep myself entertained. Once you get past a certain number, taking up characters becomes really easy, and it takes only a day or two to learn the timings and the strategy. The first couple characters are always the hardest to learn.

Still though, unless you're like me, always bored out of your mind with the same person to face all the time, I would suggest having maybe 2-4 characters. A main, and a few secondaries.

.ReDLiNE-

Smash Cadet
For me, I like playing with a bunch of different characters, but I only really practice seriously with about 4... I recommend that you play with a few characters so you are better prepared for certain scenarios.

That's just what I think though. :)

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I like to use a lot of charaters.I used to use Mario,DK,Bowser,Peach,and Yoshi equally, but now I stick with Mario and Peach.The only characters I don't play with though are Marth,Roy,and Shiek,go figure.

Weed

Smash Lord
It's pretty boring to use the same character over and over again when playing casually..I use Bowser as a main, but also excessively play C.Falcon, Fox, Mario and Jiggly :p

CRocque22

Smash Rookie
It's nice to be well-rounded I think, but at the same time, it's also nice to have certain characters that you know you can use with great ability.

I for one use Ness pretty often, but today for example I used Mewtwo for a bit.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
i don't have a main... I just play friendlies now-a-days. However, my Main WAS Samus, and i picked Samus because HugS is my hero :)
secondary being Falco, then jiggs, then Ice Climbers (IMO, Ice climbers has the most potential in the game)

Smash Master

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
I play one Char which is Pika. My theory is that if you have a secondary can deal with bad main matchups, then the Main will have little experience against bad matchups.

How much Chars can you play in a single match? Just one. So just a Main is enough.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
I play one Char which is Pika. My theory is that if you have a secondary can deal with bad main matchups, then the Main will have little experience against bad matchups.

How much Chars can you play in a single match? Just one. So just a Main is enough.
not true....the main can be used against bad match-ups if you're good enough with him..

sure you can only use 1 character a match but that doesnt mean you'll want to be pika all the time...people will catch on to your strategies so you'll need a secret weapon...:)

Top Bottom