• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any ideas how to reflect with the sheild.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
I dont know where i stand in the world of Link. I think im decent at least but something ive never done or never seen done:Reflecting with the shield. ive blocked projectiles with it but never reflected it. Is it all luck? or is there something special your supposed to do

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I dont know where i stand in the world of Link. I think im decent at least but something ive never done or never seen done:Reflecting with the shield. ive blocked projectiles with it but never reflected it. Is it all luck? or is there something special your supposed to do
What are you talking about?

Matt07

Smash Master
Hey, visit this thread if your new to Link;
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187670

and as far as Sasook stated;
"The Hylian Shield: This can be useful at times, and is often unexpected. No projectile can through this, not Lucario's Aura Sphere, or Falco's laser, or R.O.B.'s gyro, nothing. It's great for stopping projectiles. However, it doesn't cover all of Link's body. If he's standing, he'll sometimes sway and that makes him vulnerable. When he crouches, it's more safe, but any body part exposed can be hit. So a super missile from Samus can be a headshot for Link. Also, sometimes instead of using this, it's better to use a regular shield, or dodge, or use a countermove, like bombs or arrows. Still, if you see Samus' charge shot coming right at you, and you're not in a position to do anything, just crouch very quickly."

I hope this helps :).

D

Deleted member

explain what decent means lol....

anyway, you can't reflect projectiles back, but you can make them bounce off of your shield by angling it

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
decent means i kick loads of *** with him but i havnt fought any "Link Pros" yet, i hope to try a few today if i get my connection. I read that somtimes his shield (his hyrule shield not the bubble one) can reflect projectiles at times, i have yet to see this

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
decent means i kick loads of *** with him but i havnt fought any "Link Pros" yet, i hope to try a few today if i get my connection. I read that somtimes his shield (his hyrule shield not the bubble one) can reflect projectiles at times, i have yet to see this
Pretty sure it probably said "can DEFLECT projectiles at times"

SonicX580

Smash Lord
I've tried this ablilty on subspace and it works with the scope primids and this ablility also works for toonlink.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
***Warning: This coming post contains information pertaining to bull, horse although not chicken **** and is to not be taken seriously. Viewer discretion is advised***

Red Tunic Link has a Mirror Shield.

Top Bottom