• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any help for a possibly new Snake?

Goombadude3

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2809-8329-5911
Hey, im currently a kirby and having some good fun but been experimenting with Snake. I cant get a feel for him but want to. So can anyone give me some tips?

welcome to the snake boards. check out T.H.O.Rs snake guide and some of the other guides on the main page and try not to make new topics unless we call for one on the social board which is where you should direct all your questions from now on.

Underload

Lazy
Dude, it's cool. Let this guy ask his questions here if he wants. Really, no need for me (or anyone) to go nazi mode.

Goombadude, if you want my advice, I recommend you read these two threads before any others:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268454
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=265493

Probably in that order. Don't kill yourself with the reading, but still take in all the information you can. Just memorize and practice the stuff you read in those threads. Practice, practice, practice. If you don't actually practice, you'll eventually forget the stuff you read. Just take your time and retain as much info as you can, but be sure to still have fun with Snake. Otherwise, you'll get bored and give up.

Besides that, just mingle around this board. Post in the social thread, maybe read some stage stuff, things like that. I like to say that we're an inclusive bunch of guys.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Well when I first picked up Snake I learned these:
~U-Tilt, F-Tilt, Neutral Attack are all broken killers.
~Snakedashing is good. Super useful for getting around. Master it but don't spam it. Its punishable.
~C4's are good. Tbh, I don't find them that hard to use. Remember than you can really control the map by planting them on platforms.
~Use Grenades properly. Use them to edge guard and time explosions. I like to go to training mode and count the seconds before they blow-up.
~Recover. Just know when to air dodge out of Cypher and use C4 as recovery.

Hope this helps and have fun with Snake. ^^

napZzz

Smash Hero
you can never go wrong with the classic 08 snake

camp with nades and space with ftilt

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Just reading threads won't get you there, you should also watch vids of top Snakes (Ally, Razer, Fatal, etc.), and learn from the vids.

Top Bottom