• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Ganons in here with a yoshi practice?

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I'm asking because I fought a menacing yoshi player at a rival school for the first time and it took me a while to understand the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcVv4X4jpUU

I want to know the best way to punish his recovery.
I have this idea that neutral air is the best way to do it because it could neutralize his 2nd jump then potentially kill him with the follow up. This of course would mean I would have to connect with both kicks, which is hard, but yoshi doesn't go anywhere in his 2nd jump after 1 hit.

I realized this after I do a dthrow to usmash on him in this vid. he's got 60 damage or so and I connect with both freakin kicks. so wouldn't that work with his Nair too?

some one with experience in this fight plz give me some good tricks I can use, thanks

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I honestly think that Yoshi is really strong on FD, but not so much on levels with platforms. So I wouldn't goto FD if I were you :p

The addition of platforms ruin a lot of second-jump approaches. However, they do allow him to waveland off a platform into an aerial, but if you can predict this it's easy to counter. Tech chasing is also **** on platform levels.

That was a **** good Yoshi though, give him my props

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
hahaha, I'm fighting a yoshi at pokefloats. especially one who's name is "the egg sniper"

but, the small level idea is good, I'll use that. I really want to focus on how to edge gaurd though.

what he was doing alot was taking the first hit then immediately air dodging to safety or busting a Nair in my face. LOL at no ganon's have yoshi practice

Atrion

Smash Apprentice
def work on punishing him everytime he went for a down b. You started to get him with dair after a while so just working on getting him everytime. seemed like he would always go for it if you were lined up below him so bating him shouldnt be a problem.

In general just be weary of his DJC when you follow up your throws with an attack. mostly likely your both gonna take some dmg which isnt too bad with ganon, but you can also just spot dodge or shield and then grab again.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I have a friend who plays a pretty mean Yoshi (I'm at work and can't watch the video, sorry :()but I have no problems against him with Ganon. Thinking from an offensive standpoint, what does he have against you? Egg projectiles (not that hard to dodge/jab into oblivion) DJC are surprising, and his dsmash can kill you (make sure to DI up and towards the stage and smash DI (c-stick) downwards) . you, though, have a godly ftilt that destroys his approach if you tilt it up, your upair can combo him if he ever gets above you (common against yoshi players; hit him out of his down b before he hits the ground with it) dair destroys and w/ 1/3rd of a second of lag with an L cancel it's broken (thanks tipman..), and then your jab is just sweet. Yoshi children for breakfast... scrambled.

Gannondorf77

Smash Rookie
okay what i've noticed about ganon is that his grab is slow. So if you can just (this might work, probably won't) l cancel and dodge (his dodges are pretty fast) and if you wavedash then just do those three things until you find a spot where you can hit him. Also do meteor smashs, cause no one can really recover from the down b in the air.

I've had some experiance with playing against a yoshi, but not a great one. Just a good one. Oh yeah, anytime he(yoshi) does the down b, just dodge down and then hit him cause it takes a while for him to recover from it. Or if you timing is right get under him and do the up smash and if you do it just right, they will both hit, but if you are scared and do it early only one will hit, and if you do it to early, you get the picture. Another thing, when he does the down smash jump up a little and just wail on him. But , last tips, watch out for his up and regular smash becuase his neck is pretty darn long. JUST DON'T GRAB, IT'S TOO SLOW!!!!

Sorry if this isn't helpful, it's just a thought.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I have a match with ChuDat's Yoshi in a money match that may end up online soon. If it does I'll post a link here somewhere.

D

Deleted member

from who? If it was me thanks. I'm not great at Ganon but, i'm adequite.
ermm, i dunno what u mean, gannon has a good grab. Ok, if they are recovering from below, which yoshis with no ganny experience will do, dair him, it breaks DJ at 0%. More to come later, im tired :p

Gannondorf77

Smash Rookie
ermm, i dunno what u mean, gannon has a good grab. Ok, if they are recovering from below, which yoshis with no ganny experience will do, dair him, it breaks DJ at 0%. More to come later, im tired :p
i'm not saying it's bad it is just faster to dodge then try to grab. i've had many a practice with it.

And hey mastersword, just keep trying. That's how it's been with me trying to beat my friend (who plays fox) and I used to lose 0-5 stock. and now he's barely beating me. I'll be beating the crap out of him soon though, so just keep trying.

Top Bottom