• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

any funny amiibo stories?

gayonetta

Smash Rookie
i’m new here, so i hope this is in the right place!
do any of y’all have any funny amiibo stories you’d like to share? one time my bayonetta just straight up walked off of the platform and my friends thought it was absolutely hilarious

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
My brother spent $35 on getting me a Wolf amiibo and making sure it came on time for Christmas and even at level 50 he sometimes just stands there.....even if someone is charging an attack next to him. So we sometimes joke, "The 35 dollar Wolf amiibo just sits there, lmao."

R O F L

Smash Ace
I once, accidentally, trained my Mega Man amiibo to basically not attack. He would just run around and dodge every attack thrown at him, but not attack himself.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Back in Smash 4 my Olimar amiibo somehow got the "wise" idea in his head that he didn't need to pluck Pikmin. Now this in it of itself was weird but on top of this whenever he was left alone he'd just stand there and wait for me to attack or approach and no matter what it was I did he would perfect avoid and counter it like a madman. It was strange and while I kinda miss it, I'm glad I retrained him in Ultimate

PrinceOfTheNerds

Smash Rookie
Back in Smash 4 my Olimar amiibo somehow got the "wise" idea in his head that he didn't need to pluck Pikmin. Now this in it of itself was weird but on top of this whenever he was left alone he'd just stand there and wait for me to attack or approach and no matter what it was I did he would perfect avoid and counter it like a madman. It was strange and while I kinda miss it, I'm glad I retrained him in Ultimate
I’m not at all surprised by that, because my :ultinkling: amiibo copied me spamming aerials ):

TL:DR don’t spam aerials with inkling amiibo, you will never be able to hit them and you will get juggled constantly.

Last edited:

Trinsic

Smash Apprentice
Amiibos copy player so my friend got a bunch of us to train his amiibo in a very specific way. It was a Link amiibo and in the game is named JCreamy. We all played as Link and blew ourselves up with bombs constantly, so that he learned to play that way. This started in 4 with the giant bombs custom move but it works again in ultimate with the remote bombs.

So it’s this dumbass link who constantly suicide bombs while chasing you and then occssionally has one of those dumb frame perfect cpu reads. It’s fun in big multiplayer fights.

tronixton

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
5867-4401-4506
Allow me to tell you of the story of gay bowser. I had a bowser skylander which, in all technicality, was an amiibo. The first thing we thought was the meme "so long, gay bowser." From there we had the stupid idea that he hadnt earned his title. So we threw him into 5 man amiibo only free for alls for hours under the name "pride2k" from there, we watched as he got slowly better.
He could only ascend after being both 50 and winning. It was half an hour after midnight at this point, and were all about to go to bed, when one of us looks over at the wii u gamepad and sees bowsers smug face. He did it.
In ultimate, we treated him with respect. Maybe too much respect. To this day, of the 5 of us, none have a positive win rate, and one of us is a bowser main.

PrinceOfTheNerds

Smash Rookie
Amiibos copy player so my friend got a bunch of us to train his amiibo in a very specific way. It was a Link amiibo and in the game is named JCreamy. We all played as Link and blew ourselves up with bombs constantly, so that he learned to play that way. This started in 4 with the giant bombs custom move but it works again in ultimate with the remote bombs.

So it’s this ******* link who constantly suicide bombs while chasing you and then occssionally has one of those dumb frame perfect cpu reads. It’s fun in big multiplayer fights.
Lol, link be playing like snake now!

Top Bottom