• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any female Marthers out there?

R3v3nant

Smash Cadet
i think it would be wise if the thread creator gets a little respect and stops calling me a fool, i dont care if this thread has 100 pages and is stickied. that doesnt make anything right...heres the magic phrase,
IN MY OPINION, dont call me a ****ing fool when i think the same about you, but have enough respect not to say anything.
did you get what you wanted? theres a few female smashers who spoke up, are you happy now?
that IS what you wished for in this thread, and there you have it.
what did we get out of that... i cant imagine.
I think its kind of hypocritical of you to say that the thread creator should get a little respect when you obviously aren't showing any with your constant attempts of bashing.

And need I say that Backlashmarth was getting replies to his thread and everything was pretty much fine until you chose to add your comments repeatedly.

As for what we got out of this thread: a couple chuckles and some random info

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Ima girl and I play as Marth.................I also play as Zelda at the same time since Im naturally good at her(dunno why) Marth does kinda act like a girl cuz when you wait a while and not do anything while playing as Marth, he either puts his hand over his heart like his praying or something.........................OR he pushes his hair back ........which is KINDA feminine like..........
Maybe, maybe not. (*SHRUGS*)

One thing's I'm certain of is that they're both awesome! :grin: The hair stroke is sexy, and the hand on heart is sweet and adorable!

*sniff* Thanks Starry Might. I think i will be okay now. Lol, didn't think anyone would play along with my dramatic moment..:) Btw, I like your brawl snapshots profile.
You're welcome! Oh, and thanks!

she says that because she likes the attention as being a 'female marth player'
most people want some sort of title like that"look im in the minority"
Hey, that wasn't my intent (though I am a proud Marth fangirl)! I just said that 'cause the topic didn't offend me, that's all!

juddapudda

Smash Rookie
hmm, maybe they're all out knitting sweaters or something...or playing final fantasy. LOL.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
I wouldn't taunt the girls if I were you. Considering the fact that I have played against LunaRyuu online a few times, i am sure that girls actually do play the game. Since you belive otherwise, i guess the words "smash noob" under your username fit you perfectly.

P.S. Btw, there is nothing wrong with final fantasy. (or knitting sweaters for that matter, they're comfortable)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yay, it's backlash! btw, I know a few female friends, but they have more unorthodox chars. One is Yoshi, another MK, and one is C. Falcon (don't look at me that way <.<; ). Oh, and Marth is awesome, not gay (besides, would that make those ppl homophobes?), and he rox ur sox!
P.S. I'm a Marth/Lucario user, and I'm a straight guy.
P.S.S. Don't flame girlz! they contribute to the Smash world. Besides, Marthers who do this, man, u picked the wrong char to main.

xRisingForce

Smash Cadet
Rofl, when I saw the pagecount I was initially impressed because I thought I was witness to a successful attempt to draw girl gamers out of their underground lairs.

The thread is actually just BacklashMarth, a funnily honest guy with good intentions, trading wits with trolls. For seven pages.

For the record, when Melee's completion and marketing status was comparable to Brawl 3-4 months ago, I saw Marth and called him "she" for the longest time.

If you don't think Marth is at least effeminate, you're completely ignorant to Japanese culture regarding males. Look at the surge in popularity regarding visual kei artists, GACKT, Yoshiki, Miyavi, etc. It's just that when you cross the Pacific ocean, connotations (a lot, if not most of the time) change. Marth takes it in the butt for being effeminate here, while in Japan he's probably masqueraded as the man and has his own chain of ramen restaurants.

On a side note, Basch was supposed to be the main character of FF XII, but Square-Enix's sales analysis a la demographics showed that the game would sell infinitely better if it had a prepubescent, transvestite boy to lead the story. Gackt was also the entire inspiration behind Squall's character design.

Top Bottom