• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

any dair spammers?

Velda

Smash Rookie
I love spamming kirbys air attacks and I wanted to ask, does anyone spam kirby's dair?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hmm.... Not me. In fact, I barely ever use it... Maybe to "spike someone", but that's about it. I usually find other attacks much more effective than dair when trying to rack up damage. :/

Velda

Smash Rookie
really? Wel i go above, dair them, right when they get back up, air them, etc, etc.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I have come to find that if you time your dair right, when you land there will be NO landing lag and the person who just got hit will have JUST enough hitstun(omg it actually exists!) for you to do a fsmash without them being able to do anything about it(for best results c-stick). It's a great combo that has yet to fail me if I time the dair right. =]

JJ259

Smash Apprentice
I have come to find that if you time your dair right, when you land there will be NO landing lag and the person who just got hit will have JUST enough hitstun(omg it actually exists!) for you to do a fsmash without them being able to do anything about it(for best results c-stick). It's a great combo that has yet to fail me if I time the dair right. =]
Yep! I love doing that. Dair flows perfectly into Fsmash assuming you don't attack the wrong way. It's a real good way to finish someone because dair is a lot easier to land than fsmash.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The d-air is one of Kirby's most spammed moves. You can get easy kills with this move at a very low percent if you done it right.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Doesn't kirby's d-air have no landing lag b/c it auto-cancels?

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Doesn't kirby's d-air have no landing lag b/c it auto-cancels?
Not every time. I think it cancels about 75 to 80% of the time because the window in which it auto-cancels is so large. However, I think if you start it up too early and are still finishing up the last one or two hits, there will be some landing lag. But that is something you should double check.

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
yes! second most orgasmic kill move, next to a well placed hammer to the face, mmm >.> lol

yes, dair is extremely good. and you dont have to worry about it getting weaker, cuz you just do it to rack up damage and set up for other attacks anyways. its really good. also, jump you a$$ out there and start spiking some fools.

-hiro
jump 5 times, even :D dair chase them to oblivion!

T-nuts

Smash Ace
if theres an air move i spam, its bair. nothing feels better to me than landing that perfect bair on a shielding opponent that knocks them just barely too far away to shield grab you, but they try it anyway, and then you land and immediately short hop bair them while their shield's down. also, i use bair out of shield all the time.

but yeah, dair is still awesome.

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
It's also a great edge-guard too. When your opponent is on the edge, most of their options of getting back on the stage are pretty much useless against a d-air because if you control where you hit them, you can always send them back off the edge with the ground hitting frames.

If they edge-attack, most of the time you won't get hit because you're above them when you start the d-air. They end up off the stage and you can spam another
If they edge-attack after 100%, the d-air should be a little bit later.
If they edge-jump, they get spiked.
If they fall, you can grab the edge after d-air.
If they roll, they will be vulnerable and get knocked off.
If they just climb up, they're dumb.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
The only time I don't use dair is if I'm juggling with uair or pushing people toward the edge with bair or fair. And I think someone said earlier that its damage doesn't really ever go down since it's 1% per hit in the first place. Kirby's best aerial, hands down.

Basic

Smash Cadet
Agreed

yes, dair is extremely good. and you dont have to worry about it getting weaker, cuz you just do it to rack up damage and set up for other attacks anyways. its really good. also, jump you a$$ out there and start spiking some fools.

-hiro

I'd have to agree with h1ro. I've only been playing Brawl since it came out and I've been following up on his, Timmy's, and SD's videos on Kirby since I main him. If you want to get as good as they are, do what they do. I've been following that theory and it's helped improve my Kirby a lot.

paSTAR

Smash Cadet
I use dair a lot. It's easy % ranked up and very little lag, so most of the time you can get a forward smash in there right after.

But I have a hard time using it to spike people. Maybe it's just certain characters.

Top Bottom