• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any advice for new zelda player?

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Just a while ago I got a weird idea: I´m going to use Zelda! I really have no idea where it came from, but now I´ve started practising with her. Then I thought that I could ome here and ask for advice. And here´s the result. So, could somebody give me some hints what to study, what´s important etc. etc.

I can (in theory, at least) wawedash, shorthop and that kind of stuff and I know the very basics (kick, kick, kick always when possible), but I still need to practice long and hard and the most important things should always be studied first :). So please tell me what you think that I should start practising first! Thank you!

Keys

Smash Cadet
Easier to just watch videos of the rest of us who are experienced playing Zelda and just learn and ask questions when needed. Without seeing you play it is hard to make suggestions to your game unless you have specific questions in my opinion.

Flash0Lightning

Smash Rookie
Well Zelda's one of my better characters. Really all I can suggest is learn to flow the moves together, and use her down throw if you want, its easy to link a combo with.

TheLake

Smash Master
Down throws cool near the edge but its not viable for comboing. Upthrow is the key for zeldas comb-err wait a tic...Zelda + combos?! Haha almost had myself going there a second :D

Now then first above all know that sweetspot. Practice kicking out of a shield and retreating Fairs. Learn to L cancel into forward, down and upsmashes. Practice what little edgeguarding zelda has. Those are some of the basics. The rest sort of boils down to zeldas arsenal of mindgames. Zeldas probably the easiest character to "use" effectivly but in that right that makes her very easy to predict which in turn makes her incredibly hard to master in competive combat. Play defensive but know when to keep the pressure. Zeldas a beast so abuse it.

And of course kick many long time

That is all (Oh and dont be shy and post some vids mmkay?)

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Thanks for the tips so far! I have gotten a little better since the started, but there´s still a long way to go... I would post some videos, but when I start recording the game it becames so slow that it doesn´t make sense to even play it and the guality is terrible when recorded with camera from the screen... But I´m trying to get it to work :).

TheLake

Smash Master
Your a stoopid color!

And better late then never, thats what i always say (Specially about zelda)

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Just because brawl is out, doesn't mean you have to quit it's previous good game.
Yes, I´m not going to stop playing Melee (sorry if I made it sound that), it´s just too good! :bee: I´ll just take a little break from it while opening every secrets in Brawl, that´s all :)

Top Bottom