• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Answering 3DS Questions. Post Here.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Is Kirby still viable, like at E3, or was he nerfed? Also, is his Up Throw still a killing move?

I've been asking this all day, and nobody gets back to me, so hopefully you respond!

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Is Kirby still viable, like at E3, or was he nerfed? Also, is his Up Throw still a killing move?

I've been asking this all day, and nobody gets back to me, so hopefully you respond!
Kirby seems to be pretty fast and strong in my opinion. I can't remember how he was at E3 though. He should be viable as a character. His Up Throw couldn't kill Link even with him at about 130%. It may be because of the stage boundaries though. (FD Pac-Man). Does that answer your question?

Spirst

I asked this question in the other thread but didn't even get an acknowledgement as to whether my question could even be answered or not, Here it is:

"Maybe I'm behind in my news, but is the online component up and running?

Is it possible to add people you meet in the random "For fun" rooms? One gripe I had with Basic Brawl was that I wasn't able to add or talk to the cool people I met every now and then while playing online.

Also, can you let randoms join when you already have a friend in the room?"

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Kirby seems to be pretty fast and strong in my opinion. I can't remember how he was at E3 though. He should be viable as a character. His Up Throw couldn't kill Link even with him at about 130%. It may be because of the stage boundaries though. (FD Pac-Man). Does that answer your question?
Thank you! Also, could you try using his up-throw on somebody that isn't a heavy weight? I'd like to see how hard it is for Kirby to kill some people. Also, can he combo at all, or no?

Ooh, and does Kirby take Custom Moves too, or no?

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Does Pikachu have any female costumes or are they all male?

(Female Pikachu would have a heart shaped tail)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Does Luigi really have 2 green/blue palette swaps?
Not exactly sure what you mean. He has Standard, Orange, Pink, Light Blue, Grey, Purple, Turquoise hat with green shirt, and a odd Yellow color as his swaps.

I asked this question in the other thread but didn't even get an acknowledgement as to whether my question could even be answered or not, Here it is:

"Maybe I'm behind in my news, but is the online component up and running?

Is it possible to add people you meet in the random "For fun" rooms? One gripe I had with Basic Brawl was that I wasn't able to add or talk to the cool people I met every now and then while playing online.

Also, can you let randoms join when you already have a friend in the room?"
The online component as in the Nintendo Network as a whole? If so, it works really well. Only have had lag in about two matches, but it got fixed up really quickly. I have yet to play in the "For Fun" rooms, but I don't think you can add people in "For Glory" so I would assume it's the same way there. I have yet to play with friends, so I'm not sure if you can let randoms join.

Thank you! Also, could you try using his up-throw on somebody that isn't a heavy weight? I'd like to see how hard it is for Kirby to kill some people. Also, can he combo at all, or no?

Ooh, and does Kirby take Custom Moves too, or no?
Once again, it may be the boundaries, but with Jiggly over 110% I couldn't KO with the up throw. Also, I believe the Up-Throw has been changed. You have to move the Control Stick in a certain way to have them go off screen, otherwise Kirby only takes them about a jump's length into the air. It seems to me that Kirby can combo. All characters have custom moves, including Kirby,

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Notice anything different between the Pits besides the obvious?
I've only used Dark Pit so far. But his Final Smash is different, so that's something. Other than that I couldn't tell you. I'll try to look more into it later.

Does Pikachu have any female costumes or are they all male?

(Female Pikachu would have a heart shaped tail)
I believe they are all male. It goes with the fact that Jigglypuff has the female trainer hats, while Pikachu has the male trainers hats.

How long does it take to unlock all of the characters, If you've unlocked them all?
It didn't take me too long. I wasn't sure how to unlock them so I did a mixture of Classic Mode and Versus Mode. Only a few hours. It was probably even easier than Brawl.. -_-
How do you unlock Flat Zone 2?
No clue. I had to use your thread to get F-Zero, Balloon Fight, and GB Stages.

Last edited:

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
How do you unlock these stages?

Balloon Fight, Mute City, and Pac-Maze

Have you unlocked all the stages yet? Or is there one more we don't know about yet?

Spirst

The online component as in the Nintendo Network as a whole? If so, it works really well. Only have had lag in about two matches, but it got fixed up really quickly. I have yet to play in the "For Fun" rooms, but I don't think you can add people in "For Glory" so I would assume it's the same way there. I have yet to play with friends, so I'm not sure if you can let randoms join.
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I meant the Nintendo Network as a whole. The lack of lag sounds nice but I'm a bit disappointed you can't add people you meet online. It seems like such a basic online feature that I really wish Nintendo wouldn't skip out on seeing as how it would extend the replay value by letting you make actual friends online.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
I've only used Dark Pit so far. But his Final Smash is different, so that's something. Other than that I couldn't tell you. I'll try to look more into it later.

I believe they are all male. It goes with the fact that Jigglypuff has the female trainer hats, while Pikachu has the male trainers hats.

It didn't take me too long. I wasn't sure how to unlock them so I did a mixture of Classic Mode and Versus Mode. Only a few hours. It was probably even easier than Brawl.. -_-

No clue. I had to use your thread to get F-Zero, Balloon Fight, and GB Stages.
Haha well thanks. well try to clear all the challenges in the first page in the challenge section. i think the reddit post in my thread says that does it. i just want to confirm it

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Haha well thanks. well try to clear all the challenges in the first page in the challenge section. i think the reddit post in my thread says that does it
Okay. It would help if I understood Japanese. But I'll do my best!

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I meant the Nintendo Network as a whole. The lack of lag sounds nice but I'm a bit disappointed you can't add people you meet online. It seems like such a basic online feature that I really wish Nintendo wouldn't skip out on seeing as how it would extend the replay value by letting you make actual friends online.
Yeah no problem! I agree, there was one guy in "For Glory" I would really like to play again. Perhaps they will add it in the future.

How do you unlock these stages?

Balloon Fight, Mute City, and Pac-Maze

Have you unlocked all the stages yet? Or is there one more we don't know about yet?
I have yet to unlock Flat Zone 2 which I think is the final stage.

Pac-Maze - Use Pac Man's Final Smash
Balloon Fight - Win with Villager 3 times
Mute City - Win with Falcon 3 times.

That's thanks to the How to Unlock Stages Thread.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Do you have any custom moves for Peach, Rosalina, Villager, or Duck Hunt? If so what are they? Thank you!
Haven't really fiddled with the custom moves yet, except for Palutena's. Out of the characters you mentioned, I have yet to touch Peach, only played Rosalina once (don't like her too much as a character or her playstyle), Villager I may use more, and I really enjoy Duck Hunt. I'll post custom moves later if I make any!

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
This is going to be for much later, but once you get further enough in the game and get a decent amount of trophies (up to 400 or 500, maybe), could you try listing them at some point later when you do get that far?

And are there any enemies in Smash Run we've previously never heard of? Or is that really all there is?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
This is going to be for much later, but once you get further enough in the game and get a decent amount of trophies (up to 400 or 500, maybe), could you try listing them at some point later when you do get that far?

And are there any enemies in Smash Run we've previously never heard of? Or is that really all there is?
I might if I have time.

And there was one grass Pokemon I didn't know was in Smash Run, and I didn't know Shy Guys were in it either. But that might be because I wasn't paying attention or forgot.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Not exactly sure what you mean. He has Standard, Orange, Pink, Light Blue, Grey, Purple, Turquoise hat with green shirt, and a odd Yellow color as his swaps.

Once again, it may be the boundaries, but with Jiggly over 110% I couldn't KO with the up throw. Also, I believe the Up-Throw has been changed. You have to move the Control Stick in a certain way to have them go off screen, otherwise Kirby only takes them about a jump's length into the air. It seems to me that Kirby can combo. All characters have custom moves, including Kirby,
Thank you! About "All characters have custom moves, including Kirby." I actually worded it wrong. I meant that when Kirby used Inhale and copies the ability of his opponent, does he get Custom Moves from opponents, too?

Spirst

Yeah no problem! I agree, there was one guy in "For Glory" I would really like to play again. Perhaps they will add it in the future.
I really hope they do. It wouldn't even be a big hurdle to pass, I don't think. I recall in "With Friends" mode in Brawl, you could add someone that was in the room with you and your friend if you didn't already have them. It was as easy as choosing "Add" or whatever it was from their CSS window and then they'd have the option to accept or not. If they did, your FCs were automatically exchanged. Something like that would be ideal for extending the community of this game.

Luigi160

Smash Cadet
Sorry, I was talking about the Famitsu pic that showed Luigi with a palette swap that looked the same as his standard colors.

Anyway, thanks for the quick response!

XxLTxX

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does Ike fall into a helpless state after using his side B, or can he continue to use his up B after that?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does Ike fall into a helpless state after using his side B, or can he continue to use his up B after that?
No problem! I just tested it, and he still goes into a helpless state.

Can King Dedede throw Waddle Dees or Waddle Doos with his custom moves?
I haven't used him yet, and have yet to unlock any of his custom moves.

Last edited:

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Does Link REALLY have a Fierce Deity alt? I haven't seen confirmation of this since the leaked pics

Thanks in advance!

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Aw, that sucks. Thanks anyway. Another one: Does he have a custom for his up B which is a better recovery? If you don't have the custom unlocked yet, that's okay.
Sorry, I haven't unlocked one yet.

Does Link REALLY have a Fierce Deity alt? I haven't seen confirmation of this since the leaked pics

Thanks in advance!
Yes! He actually does have it. At least I think. I'm not a Zelda fan. It's a grey tunic, and he has streaks of red (paint?) around his eyes, and blue on his forehead. Also, his eyes are complete white.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
What are we able to change under the Options/Setting screen?

LightWarrior

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0645-6857-2681
What do you think of Lucario, Pac-man and Palutena? Are they viable? I want to main those three :)...Lucario was my main in Brawl and i'm curious about it's changes...

Also, about some ost...

what about the Reshiram and Zekrom battle theme in the Unova Pokemon League? I mean, i'm a fan of the pokemon themes and i'm dying for hearing it! Lol...do you like it? Do you think is possible to record it so we can hear it? xD

And wich themes from Xenoblade are in the game?

Last edited:

I Am Luigi

Smash Rookie
Are there any other 3rd party trophies like Rayman? Also, do we have any new Sonic music? I'm guessing no to both but I though I'd ask.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
What are we able to change under the Options/Setting screen?
Hmm let's see. Controls, Sound, Outline, Percentage Marker Position, and Nintendo Network taunts.

What do you think of Lucario, Pac-man and Palutena? Are they viable? I want to main those three :)...Lucario was my main in Brawl and i'm curious about it's changes...

Also, about some ost...

what about the Reshiram and Zekrom battle theme in the Unova Pokemon League? I mean, i'm a fan of the pokemon themes and i'm dying for hearing it! Lol...do you like it? Do you think is possible to record it so we can hear it? xD

And wich themes from Xenoblade are in the game?
Okay Pac-Man feels like he moves at Brawl speed. Pretty slow. I'm not a Pac fan so I don't plan on using him at all. But I did test him and he seems like one of the slowest newcomers. Lucario is a character I've played against multiple times today and he seems a lot stronger. They buffed the Aura ability. Palutena has some great moves, and I plan on maining her sine I love her.

I can't read Japanese, so I can't tell you which theme is which. Sorry.

Are there any other 3rd party trophies like Rayman? Also, do we have any new Sonic music? I'm guessing no to both but I though I'd ask.
I have yet to unlock Rayman, so I'm not sure. The Green Hill Zone songs are Green Hill Zone and Live and Learn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom