• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Super Update from Sakurai: Sonic's Final Smash Explained

gamer8

Smash Lord
lolololol i predicted this update as i got out of bed. i said yay christmas update! then im like no, this is sakurai im dealing with, he'll probably give me something is bad as sonic's final smash. i wake up, and guess wshat I see? sonics final smash!!!!!!!!!

i suppose since we tequnically shouldnt have been recording. so, we shouldnt have seen this. and since it is OMG sonic for some people, this normally would have been a semi exciting update if we hadnt known about it. oh well, we all know it stinks. but i dont care, its christmas.
It wasn't our faults this time, Sakurai just HAD to show super sonic in the "sonic joins the brawl!" video, he spoiled it, it couldn't have just been super sonic, it could have been hyper sonic or even something else, we would be able to guess if it wasn't for him.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
You guys are all forgeting that these updates are for everyone and not just people who saw E4All videos, in fact, there weren't even suposed to be videos about that, so if this kind of updates dissapoint you is your fault

And you should perfectly know that sakurai cares a **** about holydays, for updates everyday is the same, even if it's the end of the world

gamer8

Smash Lord
You guys are all forgeting that these updates are for everyone and not just people who saw E4All videos, in fact, there weren't even suposed to be videos about that, so if this kind of updates dissapoint you is your fault

And you should perfectly know that sakurai cares a **** about holydays, for updates everyday is the same, even if it's the end of the world
Read before you speak I just said it wasn't our faults this time it was Sakurai's, he showed us super sonic in the "sonic joins the brawl!" update.

Sakurai can go suck a nut.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

...The Sonic introduction video showed Super Sonic

M.K

Level 55
"Sonic Joins the Brawl" showed us Super Sonic.

And yes, I know it has been said, I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO BE THE...

C-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-COMBO BRRRREAKER!

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
Read before you speak I just said it wasn't our faults this time it was Sakurai's, he showed us super sonic in the "sonic joins the brawl!" update.

Sakurai can go suck a nut.
Sorry but I spoke in general, seeing that almost everyone says "bleh, something we already knew" and yes, I know it was shown it that video, but just for seconds and nothing really detailed, I'm sure people would still have liked this update if there wasn't E4All or its videos

gamer8

Smash Lord
I hate the people that recorded at E for all, we know a lot now and then we're gonna think some things are "wastes of updates".

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
You guys are just a bunch of babies.

"WAHH WAH CHRISTMAS WAS RUINED I'M A BIG OL BABY"

I hate to be at your house during christmas if a video game update is the high point..

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Lol? You're an idiot, mind your business.
Umm, you're not bright yourself there. Your life must suck pretty bad if you actually care enough to get disappointed with Dojo updates...Lol. Go spend the rest of your day playing Melee lmfao. Maybe you'll feel better.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Umm, you're not bright yourself there. Your life must suck pretty bad if you actually care enough to get disappointed with Dojo updates...Lol. Go spend the rest of your day playing Melee lmfao. Maybe you'll feel better.
No thanks. I have a life anyways, I'm just annoyed at the fact that Sakurai planned to make a bad update on christmas, though that picture where sonic turns super is badass. :laugh:

M.K

Level 55
Haha, I hate n00bs telling me what to do. Maybe you can burn and die, how do you feel about that :chuckle:

I'm serious too. :chuckle:

Although this update goes without saying, I really love the pictures. They really emphasize the transformation from Sonic to Super Sonic.

All we need is now Sonic to Sonika!

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Children, children. :|

We all know this update isn't bad. Super Sonic rocks. And wouldn't you rather have him than another Widescreen update?

"I know I already introduced you to widescreen, and the problem of using the wrong setting. But, I'd just like to illustrate how bad it looks during gameplay! F-flab is sticking out of the screen..."

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Epic failure of an update. Everyones last hope for a decent update dashed.

There are four types of people in this thread:

-Those who just call it like they see it, good or bad.

-Those who are genuinely disappointed who have an "umpph" behind their complaining.

-Those who complain about those who are complaining, and act like smug douches.

-Those who pathetically lie to themselves and pretend its a good update.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This is what happens when people overhype an update over something like a holiday when there is no apparant pattern to the updates anyway.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This update was a disapointment, at least the FS was.

On the bright side, that leaves only 2 FS's from known characters, and we have no idea what they are yet.

Snake's. And Zeldas.

This means only bright days ahead people, cheer up :laugh:

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
Those are clearly the Master Emeralds, shouldn't the update be called "Hyper Sonic"?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Those are clearly the Master Emeralds, shouldn't the update be called "Hyper Sonic"?
There's only 1 Master Emerald, which is huge and green. You're probably thinking of the super emeralds, but they're bigger than chaos emeralds.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919

-Those who are genuinely disappointed who have an "umpph" behind their complaining.

Wow, I haven't known you to be this bitter. Worried about SF4 or something? Most of the haters on this update either don't like music or don't realize the music exists. The music is Sakurai's real Christmas present, which saved the update from M-M-MEGAFAIL.

Why do people keep expecting mega things on holidays? Megatons like Sonic, stage builder, and other things DID NOT show up at scheduled times.

JPW

Smash Ace
maybe Sega begged him to do it, so they can always have one up on us even if they don't have a console to compete with Nintendo anymore.

lol.

I was pretty happy to see a Sonic update, on christmas. As sonic is like my 4th favourite franchise of all time.

Serves you Nintendo fanboys right. Exepecting something Nintendo related....and on Christmas day.

nah I love Nintendo too, moreso than Sega these days(then again who doesn't?). Thank you Nintendo for showing me the light again with your N64.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Wow, I haven't known you to be this bitter. Worried about SF4 or something? Most of the haters on this update either don't like music or don't realize the music exists. The music is Sakurai's real Christmas present, which saved the update from M-M-MEGAFAIL.

Why do people keep expecting mega things on holidays? Megatons like Sonic, stage builder, and other things DID NOT show up at scheduled times.

I def. wasn't in a bitter mood when I typed that... Guess I was acting like a prick though, sorry.

:dizzy:

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312

I suppose I can't hate this update too much, since sonic 3 is my 2nd favorite sonic game, but godammit, it's going to take some sonic CD music(and I mean the european/japanese version.) in order to wipe off the stink of this update.

Grr! I hate christmas now! Sakurai just ruined it!:mad: I'm never gonna celebrate it again! I mean, aren't I supposed to be jewi- OOHH! I just got tenkaichi 3! YAYZ <^_^>!!!!!
Merry christmas everyone!
It's my 2nd favorite too!

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Although I think Live and Learn is totally the best song IMO ever to apear in a Sonic game, I'd hate it if I had to fight in a sunny cute Angel Island or Green Hill stage with that song on. I'd like an Angel Island stage, sure, but Live and Learn is way too serious for it. Yet if you take a darker stage like a floating platform that floats around the ARK and the BioHazard, the Angel Island music wouldn't fit. This is gonna be hard for you to do, Sakurai, unless Sonic gets 2 stages, which is unlikely.

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
Did you know they had never even seen a banana before? Always take a banana to a party, Rose. Bananas are good! Oh ho ho ho ho! Brilliant! It's you! You're my favortie, you are ha ha, you are the best you know why? Because you're soooo... thick! You're Mister Thick Thick Thickety Thick-Face from Thicktown, Thickania!... and so's your dad!- The Doctor, Doctor Who

Geez! Christmas is ruined?! What did you get for Christmas? Your knees cut out or somethin'? I am surprised that your lives revolve around Sakurai's "Lame lame lamity lame lameshire lame" updates! Do you know what needs to come into production? "Get a Life!", Life in a Can! Geez...... I, however, am particularly jubilant, the day after Christmas. I got a video games, Legos, and the promise of getting One Piece: Unlimited Adventure when it comes out because of my grades! I'm happy... And about 1.5 months to go before Brawl comes out! And then you can use all the hacks and codes you want so you don't have to rely on the "Lame lame lamity lame lameshire lame" updates anymore!

Luffy for the win!!! and Zolo! and Sanji! and the rest of the crew!!!

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace

Or those who don't get depressed over a video game...

Marie_54

Smash Ace
No, it doesn't. Live and Learn is craptacular compared to any music from Sonic 1, 2, 3 or & Knuckles.
Midi < Instruments + singing.

'Nuff said.

I know there are people who love Sonic bit games over the Adventure series but the music? sheesh!
and don't get me wrong I love the new AI remix.

Anyways i have hope for a Death Egg or ARK type of stage with changing gravity...
That'd be sweet! :D

Or those who don't get depressed over a video game...
True and those who make lists to categorize people...

Aww come on it had to be said sooner or later!

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Did you know they had never even seen a banana before? Always take a banana to a party, Rose. Bananas are good! Oh ho ho ho ho! Brilliant! It's you! You're my favortie, you are ha ha, you are the best you know why? Because you're soooo... thick! You're Mister Thick Thick Thickety Thick-Face from Thicktown, Thickania!... and so's your dad!- The Doctor, Doctor Who

Luffy for the win!!! and Zolo! and Sanji! and the rest of the crew!!!
Wow, random much?

Top Bottom