• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Side

Awesomeasusual

Smash Cadet
His style is old as I watched his vids a while ago, he doesn't incorporate many new tricks that Deva does. I would say that Deva's newest Link vid may be the best Link vid out there right now.

zaf

Smash Lord
His style is old as I watched his vids a while ago, he doesn't incorporate many new tricks that Deva does. I would say that Deva's newest Link vid may be the best Link vid out there right now.
Yea I would have to agree, the style is kinda way too open. I was rooting for another side, and he looked like he deserved the 1st match more but mistakes like not moving at the end, are what cost him the match. I do not see why people praise drago so much, i wasn't that impressed with his game, another side could easily win with a better strategy.

Your friend should watch the deva videos and play a bit more similar to him, deva looks like the top link right now.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
What does Deva do different?

And just to give props to Another Side (I like the guy's vids, they're cool), He beats Griever who owned Drago in 2 outta 3 matches

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
his opponent runs into all of his attacks.

isn't it convenient that all these link videos people like to show are against marth.

i guess the marth fight brings out the best in link.

i agree with zaf

deva's better.

but another side is a different type of fighter. at least he knows floated Dairs can bounce off of shields.
in deva's most recent vid he avoids the shield to stick and be punished.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
I love your modesty Aurashade
Considering I play this game almost every day for seven years straight hell yeah I better be the best. Practice makes perfect, and I've got a ton of it-one of the most valuable lessons anyone could ever comprehend when facing any challenge.

Haha aura, you're wayy too headstrong there, I'm sure there are enough good Link lurkers around.
See, I'm going to object and say otherwise, mainly because of one reason:

-An extremely skilled Link player will make an account here to spread knowledge and help others, etc.

Other than the fact to post their videos here.

Deva

Smash Lord
I actually played Side back when the game came out. His probelm then and what seems to still be the problem is his lack of the usage of the clawshot. Once you get it down it creates amazing spacing and improves your overall spacing game with other attacks. Honestly, just tell Side to spam it... seriously. Once he doest that and starts to realize it's uses, he'll naturally find the correct situations for it's use. Even if it won't hit the opponent, using it can intimidate the opponent and keep them from approaching in their usual manner, allowing you to use more projectiles, and punish thier approach much more easily. Also, he still needs to work on his arrow cancel. with his dair edgeguard he needs to be a bit more patient. He jumped out there way too early and was punished. Whenever he gets knocked off the edge, he should also get in a habit of pulling a bomb and holding on to it. He'll be surprised how often it'll explode right before he dies, giving him an extra jump, basically the bomb jump of Brawl. Aside from that he seems like a smart player with a lot of potential.

his opponent runs into all of his attacks.

isn't it convenient that all these link videos people like to show are against marth.

i guess the marth fight brings out the best in link.

i agree with zaf

deva's better.

but another side is a different type of fighter. at least he knows floated Dairs can bounce off of shields.
in deva's most recent vid he avoids the shield to stick and be punished.

Umm....I didn't stick once in that vid. If anything I auto canceled the lag so I wouldn't be punished....even though Side stuck in his vid >_>. Still, bouncing off the shield isn't that great and is easily punished out of shield or spotdodging by good players. If possible, always go for an auto cancel.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I was thinking the exact same thing. Another Side needs more z-air.
Too much dash attack as well..

I think that Deva might be the best Link that visits the Brawl Link boards. He's proven himself enough with tournament results and a couple of videos. Aurashade sounds like he knows a lot about Link, but I haven't seen any videos of him. Skler was one of the best Link users in Melee and I have no doubt that he will be amazing in Brawl, but I'm not sure he's dedicated like he was in Melee.

MetalFace

Smash Rookie
Well if he is looking for nice Link matches of Melee, I recommend Aniki, Germ or Deva here.

On Brawl I don´t really know. I know I´m probably the worst guy to tell you this Deva, but I think your days were there with Melee. Maybe its just me, maybe Brawl matches more borng than Melee´s, but when I compare your Melee matches with your Brawl´s, I let out a long wow.

Azalieus

Smash Cadet
Well if he is looking for nice Link matches of Melee, I recommend Aniki, Germ or Deva here.

On Brawl I don´t really know. I know I´m probably the worst guy to tell you this Deva, but I think your days were there with Melee. Maybe its just me, maybe Brawl matches more borng than Melee´s, but when I compare your Melee matches with your Brawl´s, I let out a long wow.
thats just how the game is now

and Aura, I find it hard to believe nobody's asked you that

maybe you guys will end up at some tournament and have a shot to play each other

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
what are you talking about officer? he slipped on the knife and then fell down three flights of stairs, then got up and bashed his own head into a door. I had nothing to do with it.
I was a witness to this...

who are we talking about?

Top Bottom