• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Punch Out Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I love the Punch Out series, and one of the greatest things about it is it's zany and creative cast of characters. Every fighter is different, has unique abilities, and is usually quite funny and likable. I also believe that Punch Out has gotten the shaft in the past 3 Smash Bros games. Punch Out got absolutely no representation in 64 and Melee, and it wasn't until Brawl that Mac showed up as an assist trophy. And it's not like Punch Out is a small series either: It's got around 6 games under it's belt! So I don't think this is going to happen, but it's not out of the question:

If Punch Out were to get another character in Smash Bros, who would it be?

I would choose King Hippo. He contrasts Mac perfectly, plus he's iconic and extremely well known.
Also out of all the fighters in Punch Out I feel that Hippo would bring the most to Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The second character would probably be King Hippo, but he is a longshot and would be Assist Trophy material. In fact, every Punch Out!! character is a longshot at this point.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Anyway, I love Punch-Out!!'s characters (especially the Wii version) but I think Little Mac is enough.
I hope more franchises get represented, so far we're at 4/5 which is more than I hoped for.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd be cool with King Hippo or Doc Louis. Although Little Mac is quite enough, I'd be really happy to have more characters from the franchise.

But I also admit that Mac is all that's needed to represent. He even turns into Giga Mac to represent the gigantic boxers he faces (just like he did in POWii multiplayer) so the super-heavyweight boxer is also there, even if just as a final smash.
It'd be cool if the opportunity to be re-introduced to the public would go to other characters in much need of recognition. Isaac, Saki, Mike Jones, Mach Rider, Takamaru come to mind.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Sandman is my favorite but if he's had a style Mac in this game already got it lol.

Hippo would probably diverse the roster a bit...except for the fact that he's another mindless giant. I'd say an outboxer would be great, someone like Don Flamenco or Aran Ryan who kinda lean towards that style, but there's no way we'll get them. That said Mac is enough.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Y'know, in the unlikely event that it happened, it's actually very difficult to say.

King Hippo is obviously the number 1 pick I think, because he's so iconic and the most "unique" of all the other boxers. However, Sandman and Glass Joe are also iconic in their own way, so I would have 0 problems with them either.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
They had better at least have trophies for every boxer, including Punch-Out Donkey Kong.
Consider they can rip the models straight from Punch-Out Wii, and they can fit the art style, they probably will.

Also, Doc Louis for Smash.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, Glass Joe does not deserve to be anywhere near this. There's so many more suitable choices from that scrub. I say Bald Bull, Piston Honda, Great Tiger or even Soda Popinski have more credibility to be included. Mr. Dream is possible (since Mike Tyson won't come out of retirement)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
King Hippo every day of the week.
I love Heavy Weight Characters in SSB, and we need more of them.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I want the Coach to be an AT, that's allI ask.That way he could motivate whichever fighter got it, and talk constantly like he did in the reveal video

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hopefully not in this game but possibly the next game. Also I'd say Great Tiger. He was my fave..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom