• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another member of Foxhound cuts right to the point.

D

Deleted member

I'm not a huge Metal Gear fan, not that I dislike it, I just never have given the series a shot. That being said the only character I'm really aware of is Solid Snake. But today's update is important (at least to me), because it is showing that Nintendo is letting Snake and Sonic be more involved rather than just getting a stage and calling it good. This means that we can hope to see a few third party assist trophies, possibly Tails, Knuckles, or Shadow, and hopefully bosses in SE, such as Dr. Robotnik (or I guess as people now-a-days call him, Dr. Eggman) in one of his machines.
Chaos would also make sense

burrito

Smash Lord
Sakurai responded with the following when asked about secret characters,

"Well... that is a tough question. As long as the internet exists, all secrets will be revealed quickly. Sometimes even before the game comes out, even. Secret characters are one of the fun parts of Smash. Although you don't want to find out until the very end, I guess [literally: 'after all,' so there is no doubt in this statement] I'll reveal them. Again, just like "Smash fist" [literally: 'Sumabura ken,' the name of the Japanese SSBM site?] I can't just hold these characters back. "

So it looks like he's going to reveal all of them. :urg:
He is going to reveal them all, there is no question about that, but read the quote again. Sakurai says that he will reveal them "just like 'Smash Fist'". Smash Fist is the name of the Japanese blog for Super Smash Bros. Melee. On "Smash Fist", he revealed all the starting characters before the game came out in Japan, the site stayed on afterwards and he revealed all the unlockable characters over time. So, if the Dojo is in fact "just like 'Smash Fist'", then all the characters will be revealed, but the secret characters will be revealed after the game comes out. So, if this is true, than we don't have to worry about unlockable characters until after Brawl comes uot in Japan, at least.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I'm glad you asked.

Okay; i know i shouldn't have said "confirms" but judging by the evidence I would think it hard to argue that he won't be in the game "in one form or the other."

If Snake universe has an assist trophy and level in Brawl,

then the Sonic universe should have an assist trophy and level in Brawl.

(i.e. Tails appearing as an assist trophy or appearing in the Sonic level)

Oh i see what you mean.

It just seemed really random to me when you tossed tails in there..:laugh:

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
When did Ridley die. Seeing as he is always revived by the space pirates. What makes this time different?
This is true, just slap some tape on him and he's good as new. You would think he would learn his lesson though... :dizzy:

M.K

Level 55
I'm guessing if the Green Hill Zone is the Sonic Stage, Tails will be floating around and will damage the character.

OnTopic: Sigh, it's just another hack-and-slash AT...

RicanThunder

Smash Cadet
Alot of Swords...but definately gives hope for a Sonic AT which could be tons of things, it would be cool to see Tails be incorporated somewhere, he is the man. Where is captain Falcon......

Top Bottom