• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
There will only be a delay for the us version if a big bug is found in the japan version and must be fixed before release in the us... and then they will have to recall the japan disc's if they dont have an online update feature.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
got an email back from gamefly

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameFly. We receive our release dates from the distributors of the games, and the release date for Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be on 3/12/08.

If you have any further questions, please contact us.

Sincerely,

GameFly Customer Service
Email: support@gamefly.com
Online help: http://www.gamefly.com/help/default.asp

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Wow guys...I dont mean to be rude but they are NOT gonna delay a game just weeks before its release.Can you think back to Oct when the first delay happened.For those who remember,it was 2 freaking months prior to its date,let alone it being done at the right time instead of annoucing the delay on lets say..Dec 1st right in our face.Cuz if you sit down and think about it,if there was gonna be another delay,we would already know by now.. :embarrass

On the second note,why the hell would anyone believe in something outside the Dojo anyhow? :confused: Info that comes right from the devs nuts for crying out loud,but yet we have people believing in other games that got delayed having no relation to Brawl whatsoever. :embarrass Ill tell you guys what,when I go get Brawl on Feb 10,the ones that believe in that bs can wait until March to play it.Good luck getting others to follow you. :laugh: :)

johniam22

Smash Rookie
but yet we have people believing in other games that got delayed having no relation to Brawl whatsoever.
I guess that's directed towards me. I should have been more specific. No More Heroes orginal release date was Feb 5 ,and they didn't want to compete with Brawl so they moved the release date earlier according to Joystiq ,and it makes sense to me. So why move a game earlier if the competition wasn't going to come out in the first place? There is that better? But I'm with you I have 100% faith in the Dojo. I just wanted to add more proof seeing as how people were looking for extra consolation ...:)

super-7

Smash Journeyman
i really hope it doesnt get delayed again the game is finished it has
to be they have had how long and for them to delay it again would make
no sense, delay #2 FTL

Zek

Smash Ace
Give it a rest, guys. There's no point even talking about this right now. Yes, a delay is fully possible. A month is not too little time left to push it back, and if there is one it'll be related to localization and not the Japanese version. It makes sense that retailers would be given a heads-up before it's officially announced. But no, there isn't any solid proof. Retailers do get confused all the time. The simple fact is that we just don't know, and the only way to be sure is to keep waiting. Freaking out over it won't change a thing. If the game is delayed again, it'll almost certainly be announced on the Dojo by the end of next week.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
I guess that's directed towards me. I should have been more specific. No More Heroes orginal release date was Feb 5 ,and they didn't want to compete with Brawl so they moved the release date earlier according to Joystiq ,and it makes sense to me. So why move a game earlier if the competition wasn't going to come out in the first place? There is that better? But I'm with you I have 100% faith in the Dojo. I just wanted to add more proof seeing as how people were looking for extra consolation ...:)
You werent the only one,as I said "people"not person.And this might be a good reason why I think this game is not even a factor for Brawl getting delayed again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_More_Heroes_(video_game)#_note-9

Zodiac

Smash Master
I just went to ebgames to preorder burnout paradise and I asked about the Brawl release. The dude said March 1st... I hope that's just eb being overly cautious.
Never never never never trust retailers to get the correct release date, ever. they will never be able to tell the correct release date.

johniam22

Smash Rookie

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Sorry if I sound dumb, but I am not getting what you are trying to show me with the link. Anyhow I think I see your point anyway. So I think we should just listen to Zek and drop it. Only time will tell..

Oh,I see.The point I was trying to get across is that the fact that the game(No More Heros) sold so poorly in a land that praises videogames cannot be a deciding factor in a game thats clearly gonna sell more than 10k its 1st day(Ill be dammed if it dont).I think the pre-orders are higher than 10k Iam sure of it.And yeah,time is also very" short"to do anything drastic I might add.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
Idk if anyone remembered but brawl was originally said to be released in the summer of 07 and it got delayed to dec 3rd, and now it has been delayed to feb 10th 08.for sakurai to delay the game again would be unethical.there would either have to be a major bug in the Japanese version of brawl, or a need for more copies of the game to be distributed.bottom line, BRAWL WILL NOT BE DELAYED AGAIN

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
why isnt this locked yet?

also, i have ordered my copy of brawl online, from walmart.com, but only after they sent me an email from their customer service saying they had the INCORRECT DATE on their website. there WILL NOT be another delay.

While it is true you cant put tons of faith in sakurais mindgame-ish logic, but he will not disappoint us with this game.

With the japanese release less then two WEEKS away, Super Smash Brothers Brawl will NOT be delayed again.

~BSX

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
Idk if anyone remembered but brawl was originally said to be released in the summer of 07 and it got delayed to dec 3rd, and now it has been delayed to feb 10th 08.for sakurai to delay the game again would be unethical.there would either have to be a major bug in the Japanese version of brawl, or a need for more copies of the game to be distributed.bottom line, BRAWL WILL NOT BE DELAYED AGAIN
I heard they finiished making the game and it's finally done, and they're making copies as we speak, so i agree.......BRAWL WILL NOT BE DELAYED AGAIN.
And the only reason it got delayed to 2-10-08 because they just had Wi-Fi problems, so it's gonna release on the 10th.Also, Brawl has "Gone Gold" so there would be a lot of angry smashers out there if it gets delayed again, and i'm sure Sakurai won't delay it again.

I stand by that statement.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe there ever was an announcement of it going gold. Either I was away that day or it ended up just like the 40+ assumed characters rumor.

G4TV is also having a say of this 'delay'. They're going by what gamefly is going by. Link Here.

Reasons for delay-

Fix bugs - broken characters or stages.
new wi-fi mode (?)
Translation from japanese to english
any extra content

Reasons that it might be a 'fake' delay

this isn't the first time Gamefly got a new game late
DOJO didn't say anything!!!
It's only a month until release date

If there is a delay, then sure, we will all be pissed, but at least they'll be less bugs in it... (maybe)

If there isn't a delay, then thats awesome.

just know that a delay won't change anything. you'll end up buying the game either way. Just at a later time. We did make it through Dec.3rd after all. But then again, I HIGHLY doubt there will be a delay, as for the reasons stated above.

Also is NINTENDO WORLD REPORT having commentary on the subject: Link Here.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
hasn't it gone gold? i thought it did so end argument
You thought it did because everyone thought it did. There is no actual information from IGN, Dojo, Nintendo, or anything saying it has gone gold. If a big game like this came out, there would be articles on it going gold. What you think has little to do with the factual opinions.

iconicSLEAZOID

Smash Cadet
Well, I dont know if you guys will want to believe me or not, but I'm the manager at Play N Trade in Buena Park. As being such, i get to do all the prebooking for the games coming out so our store is nice and packed for you all. Well, being an avid smash player I was excited to start the order for all the brawl copies. Well, checking out the order list from: Ingram, Key2West, Royal, GameQuestDirect, and a few other places, the prebook date has been posted for March 10, with a Shipping date of March 9th. I'm not too sure how many other store might have the same delay, but that's how it went from us, and keep note that Ingram is probably one of the bigger vendors here in the U.S. as far as games go. I'm highly disappointed if this is true and I'm hoping for a statement on the Dojo soon.

They might have given the vendors such date as a safety net in case they don't make deadlines, because as we know, release dates can be pushed up as well.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Finally, the delay has been confirmed. I wonder when the 4th delay will be, probably when they announce the new third party.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'm going to go ahead and say that it will come out in North America on Feb 10, and that the release dates in March are just the next dates that those stores (Amazon & Co.) will receive shipments for Brawl.

If your store sold every copy of a game that you were getting on a certain day, would you still advertise that you would be receiving copies for sale to the general public on that day?

This was all stated eariler, and I am just clarifying/reiterating.

Sukecchi

Smash Cadet
If their was a delay, don't you think the Dojo would have said so by now? This Delay nonsense is three days old and it still says February 10th on the site. The first delay was almost instantly replaced on the site. It was a day or so. Here we are on day three. You have nothing to worry about.

Sukapon

Smash Rookie
Maybe he's saving it for the 10th

HAPPY RELEASE DAY EVERYONE, HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING YOUR GAME!
Wait... What's this!?

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
... Brawl's gone gold. Japan's got commercials. All they have to do is set English to default and copy them for America and ship it. Don't believe bogus delays people, the Dojo would tell us.
he has a point. dojo did not announce another delay. japan is getting theirs in less than 2 weeks! don't believe this junk. dojo would tell us and i don't think theres gonna be anymore delays. someone close this thread please.

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
well, how do you explain the article? It's legit, and they really don't have to make updates any time we want info. If the game will be better, another month is fine. And you can't just say, "No it won't be delayed because I think .... ". I think the articles real, it was linked on mlgpro.com, so go figure.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
the Nintendo World Store in NYC sure seems to be under the impression that Brawl is being released on 2/10. they're running video, taking pre-orders, the works.

for whatever that's worth.

so one hand i've got Nintendo telling me 2/10, and on the other hand i have a bunch of people i don't know who aren't on the inside of Nintendo telling me other, vague and contradictory things.

now, who should we believe? and yes, this will be on the test.

Sukecchi

Smash Cadet
well, how do you explain the article? It's legit, and they really don't have to make updates any time we want info. If the game will be better, another month is fine. And you can't just say, "No it won't be delayed because I think .... ". I think the articles real, it was linked on mlgpro.com, so go figure.
MLG has no information the Nintendo World Report article didn't have. >_>

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Just becasue places have taken pre-orders for the 10th doesn't mean that if there's a delay they won't adjust it.

And the commercials in Japan are great guys, but think of it this way: When a movie is coming out, you can see trailers and teasers for it even a YEAR before it comes out. And even if it's gone gold... that really means nothing. A delay is a delay, just because there are commercials and ads for it now means very little.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
The only reason that there are even rumors of a delay is that the vendors have their dates set to march. Most likley to cover themselves in case there is a delay (highly unlikley). So they are the problem here.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
If it truly is delayed, they had better announce it soon. I don't want to feel like the game is being yanked out of my hands less than a month before release. That just feels mean.

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
*nintendo Debunks Rumors*

*NINTENDO DEBUNKS RUMORS*

I just called nintendo up
(1-800-255-3700) and asked if Brawl had a delay at all, becuase numerous sites and stores had March dates. The lady assured me that Brawl would meet its February 10th release date as intended. She said they will ship the copies a few days ahead of time, and I would be able to pick it up on Sunday as long as the store would be open and have the copies on the shelves.

Thread closure please!

ShadeofDante

Smash Cadet

(1-800-255-3700) and asked if Brawl had a delay at all, becuase numerous sites and stores had March dates. The lady assured me that Brawl would meet its February 10th release date as intended. She said they will ship the copies a few days ahead of time, and I would be able to pick it up on Sunday as long as the store would be open and have the copies on the shelves.

Thread closure please!
Thank you! I did the same thing (posted it earlier in this thread) so it's good to hear they're being consistent. I'd say that's proof enough for me, multiple people that have called have said Nintendo of America said that the game will ship on time. Happy times!

Xandrix

Smash Rookie
I'm sick of the delay rumors. I don't want to be rude, but come on. Look at this screen shot.

I know it might be hard to believe! I mean, because Gamefly and Walmart are both helping develop this game! ... Yeah, right. Until the date on this screen shot is changed to March, I will patiently wait for the Feb. 10th launch date. Yes, I posted this over at Gamefaqs as well, but it was buried. Sorry if the image is too large. AND YAY FIRST POST! :chuckle:

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
I heard they finiished making the game and it's finally done, and they're making copies as we speak, so i agree.......BRAWL WILL NOT BE DELAYED AGAIN.
And the only reason it got delayed to 2-10-08 because they just had Wi-Fi problems, so it's gonna release on the 10th.Also, Brawl has "Gone Gold" so there would be a lot of angry smashers out there if it gets delayed again, and i'm sure Sakurai won't delay it again.

I stand by that statement.
he has a point. dojo did not announce another delay. japan is getting theirs in less than 2 weeks! don't believe this junk. dojo would tell us and i don't think theres gonna be anymore delays. someone close this thread please.

:laugh: Id like to thank you guys for backing this up. Info from Devs > Stupid slow a$s retailers ANY day of the week. Gg,mods close this please. :)

Aeramis

Smash Ace

Thread closure please!
This guy gets a cookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom