• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Heck, I'd give Dark Link a brownie AND a cookie! Finally, that should shut up some of the delay freaks. One of my friends is completely convinced it will get delayed again. He won't leave me alone! It's like he wants another delay. There is no hard evidence for a delay, it will come out as planned. My opinion hasn't and will not change. All the reliable sources, especially a little site called the DOJO, have the release date as Feb 10th. So everyone shut up and keep waiting.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
got my email back from nintendo

Message(#6851-000650-9666\6509666) Hello, Thank you for writing. I'm pleased to report that Super Smash Bros Brawl is still estimated for release on February 10th of 2008. For future reference, our website's Game List (http://www.nintendo.com/gamelist) represents the best place to find the most accurate release dates. Once there, click "Show advanced filtering" and use the dropdown menus to narrow your search based on system, publisher, number of players, etc. When you have filtered your search, click on the game's title to see all the available information. If what you seek is not yet available, please check back later. When there is new information to share on announced games or other upcoming products, our website is the best official source! Remember, any posted release dates are estimates and subject to change. As a product's estimated release date approaches, you may wish to check with your local retailers to see when it may be available in your area. Sincerely, Nintendo of America Inc.Shane O'Neil

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
And this is why Nintendo is awesome: timely non-automated responses to questions

EPX2

Smash Ace
Why are people even entertaining the possibility of another delay? This rumor picked up a ton of a steam again with the confirmation of Pikmin & Olimar (no idea why) and that was two days ago. Don't you think that maybe, just *maybe*, the Dojo would have confirmed that the game was being delayed by now? There'd be no reason for them to hide this info from the official site while letting vendors know the game will be out later than expected. Use some common sense, goodness.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I really hope it won't be delayed... but I don't think that it will, due to how far they are on the game now. It sounds to me as if they have already done almost everything, and now they are just doing numerous playthroughs of the game to see if there are any glitches or bugs that need to be fixed. I'm not convinced of a delay unless the Dojo says that there will be another one--in which I will be severely ticked off.

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
*NINTENDO DEBUNKS RUMORS*

I just called nintendo up
(1-800-255-3700) and asked if Brawl had a delay at all, becuase numerous sites and stores had March dates. The lady assured me that Brawl would meet its February 10th release date as intended. She said they will ship the copies a few days ahead of time, and I would be able to pick it up on Sunday as long as the store would be open and have the copies on the shelves.

*NINTENDO DEBUNKS RUMORS*

Thread closure please!
Thankyou. I must show my delay-beleiving friends immediately!

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Guys, a drunk hobo on the side of the street across from my local Best Buy told me Brawl was delayed to September.

WUT DO WE DEW?!!?!?!?!!?!?

(No more delays; it just isn't logical)

Samus-T

Smash Lord
My friends said it's been delayed til March, this true? O.O

Theu haven't said anything on Dojo, but they said IGN said it...
okay this is getting ridiculous.i asked a gamestop manager what the word is on the release for brawl and he said everythings on schedule.if the guy above you says he personally talked to someone from nintendo, and it hasn't even been updated on the dojo, then there is no delay.it's 2 weeks until the Japanese version is released and about a month until the americas version is released theres no way they could delay the game anymore even if they wanted to seriously.this thread really needs to be closed.there is no delay PERIOD XD

wingadb

Smash Rookie
release game

Start getting excited for Super Smash Bros Brawl, this first game to be announced as a launch title when Nintendo releases the Wiii or the Wii Lite, which ever they decide on.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Its not delayed again. I was at the mall the other day and I saw a giant smashbros brawl add at this one electronic store and it said release 2/11/08.

No delay just a hoax.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I asked nintendo if the there is a chance that the retailers are wrong here is what I got

Hello, Thank you for the follow-up. Any release date is subject to change, that's just the nature of the video game industry, but at this time my information is telling me that Feb 10, 2008 is the estimated release date. If a release date had officially changed, we'd know about it. Let us know if you have any other questions. Sincerely, Nintendo of America Inc.Shane O'Neil Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/ Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I asked nintendo if the there is a chance that the retailers are wrong here is what I got

Hello, Thank you for the follow-up. Any release date is subject to change, that's just the nature of the video game industry, but at this time my information is telling me that Feb 10, 2008 is the estimated release date. If a release date had officially changed, we'd know about it. Let us know if you have any other questions. Sincerely, Nintendo of America Inc.Shane O'Neil Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/ Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529
And that settles that.
PERIOD!

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Well, we're now 12 days from the Japanese launch, VERY Little time to announce a delay. So, we're SO close, i doubt it will happen.

Unless Sakurai releases it in Japan, but delays the US right along with Europe. If that happens, I'm importing,

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
I honestly would not be surprised at all if the game gets delayed again. In fact, I'm expecting it. I've been a Nintendo fan long enough to know that NO release schedule from them is solid, no matter HOW close to its current intended date.

Cynicism would serve some of you well.

-SynikaL

Rikana

Smash Champion
I just hope I'll be able to get my hands on a copy because all these delay discussion is kind of ridiculous, especially all the retailers posting misleading information. With all the people that preordered a Smash copy at my area.. I just hope I can get my hands on a copy on Feb. 10th.. if EB Games doesn't even release on Feb. 10th, I'm gonna get mad. :(

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Saying March or whenever: Wal-Mart, GameFly, Best Buy Canada
Saying February 10th: GameStop, EB Games, IGN, EGM, GamePro, Wikipedia, Nintendo, and the Dojo.

who are you going to believe?

Samus-T

Smash Lord
Saying March or whenever: Wal-Mart, GameFly, Best Buy Canada
Saying February 10th: GameStop, EB Games, IGN, EGM, GamePro, Wikipedia, Nintendo, and the Dojo.

who are you going to believe?
wal-mart is known for lowest prices, not accurate release dates.Gamefly is a video game rental company and are obtaining games to rent out not to sell.so its probably gonna take longer for them to receive brawl rather than the higher priority retailers who still have the set date of feb 10th and they are the ones who are selling nintendos merchandise.brawl is not going to be delayed there just isnt enough time.

max_da_ling

Smash Cadet
For the record, I went to EB games yesterday and asked about the delay rumor, and the girl said that the release date is set for March 1st... That got me depressed, but I still stand by Feb.10th being the release date. I believe stores realize that they wont be able to meet the demand with their supply, so they are telling people a later release date because they won't be able to sell copies past the pre-orders. At least this is what I'm hoping.

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice
I really hope this isn't true... I don't think my heart could take another delay.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I heard some guy that works at my local gamestop say, "Brawl got canceled." to some alittle kid and his mom. I told him he was wrong and it was only pushed back. I'd bet that he just started working there tho.
Go by what the Dojo says. Until the dojo says it was delayed, it didn't happen. Never trust retailers or what anyone that works there tells you.

Rikana

Smash Champion
For the record, I went to EB games yesterday and asked about the delay rumor, and the girl said that the release date is set for March 1st... That got me depressed, but I still stand by Feb.10th being the release date. I believe stores realize that they wont be able to meet the demand with their supply, so they are telling people a later release date because they won't be able to sell copies past the pre-orders. At least this is what I'm hoping.
Same here, I stopped by EB Games and they informed me that it was coming out on March. I hope it's just that they can't handle all the preorder because at least I have a chance of getting my hands on a copy.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
i went to gamestop yesterday, pre-ordered and payed off brawl, and the lady there showed me a binder filled with all of the dates of up coming games and it said that brawl was going to be release on the 11th so i think the only delays that are happening have to do with the demand from different retailers.gamefly has lower priority than lets say gamestop so that probably why it it comes out later for places like wal-mart or gamefly

Samus-T

Smash Lord
i went to gamestop yesterday, pre-ordered and payed off brawl, and the lady there showed me a binder filled with all of the dates of up coming games and it said that brawl was going to be release on the 11th.so i think the only delays that are happening have to do with the demand from different retailers.gamefly has lower priority than lets say gamestop so thats probably why it comes out later for places like wal-mart or gamefly

EPX2

Smash Ace
Why are people even entertaining the possibility of another delay? This rumor picked up a ton of a steam again with the confirmation of Pikmin & Olimar (no idea why) and that was two days ago. Don't you think that maybe, just *maybe*, the Dojo would have confirmed that the game was being delayed by now? There'd be no reason for them to hide this info from the official site while letting vendors know the game will be out later than expected. Use some common sense, goodness.
Well, don't I feel like a complete ******* now?

*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom