• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anonano's Vids! -Update 11/12/08-

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Well, like Lilmister I'll start up a thread of my own to get some critiquing. Note that me and my friends generally play Smash in the mornings before we head out to school, so the matches tend to be 2 stock or timed. There are about fifty lol worthy moments, btw.
Ready to start insulting my incompetence?
Ready... Get set... Go!

11/12/08: Vid vs Ritch, vs Sasook added.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIuAOEsv074 vs Ritch (Gold Link)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCSxQNZgYl0 vs Sasook (Green Link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3mmQMg70OM Anonano vs Jes (Pit) 1 [2 Stock]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agO8FGgtlqs Anonano vs Jes (Pit) 2 [2 Stock]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycHy8W_XEZ0 Anonano vs DEF (CF) [2 Min, Simple custom stage]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ94J5AptEQ Anonano vs DEF (Yoshi) [2 Stock]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjTos-allAM Anonano vs Richard (Marth) [Tournament Format]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7APYRHyOcHk Anonano vs ??? (Snake) [WiFi w/ Anyone battle]

THANK YOU, ODDLER!!!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Well your clearly better than your friends, you actually use some advanced stuff in your game. Nice use of zair and your pretty good at spacing.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Lol, another Red Link? Alright, here goes:

For now, I don't have a lot to say outside of being more creative with your bombs and speeding up your playstyle. Rarely ever should you be standing still, even after a KO. SH a bomb out or something.
Oh, and try not to over-use Ftilt.

i like how you play though. That Zair of yours looks really bothersome.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Zair? Really? I try not to use it much, and when I do, I tend to overuse it. :p Apparently not though, lol.

Yes, bombs are definitely a weakness. How do you suggest I increase creativity? What are some things you guys like to do with them?
Awww, use FTilt less? I <3 ftilt. :(

And Wafflez, my slow playstyle is actually what helped me most in the last tournament I attended. Whenever I played uber-conservative, even at 100% on my last life, I either brought the opponent to 100% or killed them. So forgive me when I say my defensive Link is best, except against Pit and Yoshi. :p

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Zair? Really? I try not to use it much, and when I do, I tend to overuse it. :p Apparently not though, lol.

Yes, bombs are definitely a weakness. How do you suggest I increase creativity? What are some things you guys like to do with them?
Awww, use FTilt less? I <3 ftilt. :(

And Wafflez, my slow playstyle is actually what helped me most in the last tournament I attended. Whenever I played uber-conservative, even at 100% on my last life, I either brought the opponent to 100% or killed them. So forgive me when I say my defensive Link is best, except against Pit and Yoshi. :p
Suggestions of what you can do with bombs? Bombsmashing, ZAC, or just throwing them up in the air and setting traps with them. They're very versatile, they'll do whatever you want them to do.
Except dance and sing. Trust me, I've tried.

Slow playstyle helps you, huh? In that case, slow down your playstyle. You're moving too fast! Lol. I don't know that many Links who play better when they're a bit slower.

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Yes Red Link represent!!
Well I'm loving your use of zair..I'm pretty hopeless at that :laugh:
You follow up your aerials with fast falls..that's a plus as well
But if any, I think you should improve your projectile game more. Although your melee is really good, when you fight much harder opponents you're going to rely alot on projectiles to space yourself
*Im not the type to critisize IMO :psycho:*
But nice Link...I wanna brawl someone like you on wifi..but I'm on the other side of the world unfortunately (unless you want the connection to be a colour worse than red :psycho:)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
But if any, I think you should improve your projectile game more. Although your melee is really good, when you fight much harder opponents you're going to rely alot on projectiles to space yourself
But nice Link...I wanna brawl someone like you on wifi..but I'm on the other side of the world unfortunately (unless you want the connection to be a colour worse than red :psycho:)
Yes, after watching the vids about 5 times each I see exactly what you mean. I need to be far more intelligent with my projectiles, rather than just spam them and hope they hit...

And as both of us would agree, any color is worse than red because RED IS THE BEST COLOR IN THE WORLD!!! So even if our connection is the deepest red you've ever seen, that's a good sign, right? :psycho:
Blu Link would debate this though.

Okay, so I have:
Projectile game
Bomb AT's
Ftilt conservation
Never stand still!

Anything else for now?

sasook

Smash Champion
You want bomb AT's? Learn to bombslide. I'm not talking about the useless upthrow fakeout bombslides. I'm talking about real bombsliding, the ones that take skill.

reverse bombsliding ftw

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Bump to 2 vid update.

And Sasook, I can't even DAC let alone bombslide. :p

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Well, I can do it but its really inconsistent.
I need to turn tap jump off again...

sasook

Smash Champion
I dunno if tap jump affects the DAC, since there's no item for a JC throw...

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
...JC throw? I'll go look that up, 'cause I don't have a clue what that is...

Maybe having tap jump on is some mental thing for me. I did better at DAC when I had tap jump off. :/

sasook

Smash Champion
JC throw is a jump canceled throw. A jump canceled throw is when you jump, and Link is in that crouch position for a full like, 1/8 of a second, you can do any move. There's a video on youtube called "watch Ike moonwalk" or something like that, in which Ike dashes forward, and as player presses jump, he jump cancels into a pivot short hop back air. So basically, Ike does a running short hop back air.

A JC throw lets you throw the bomb in any direction (it's in Arkive's bomb video). Since the C-stick is down for bombslides, the game registers that as a down throw since the upward portion of button input is registered as a jump.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Alright, I have two more videos updated for critique. Hopefully Sasook will be able to post some others soon that I can use as well.

The thing that I noticed right off was my DI needs work, especially after seeing Arkive's DI video. I also need to be a little more creative with bombs (as usual). Sasook really makes my technical skills look bad, what with all the attempted jab locks, reverse bombslides and everything else.
The reason I won that match against Ritch was because I went after the balloon.
Yes, this means I'm accusing half of you on being wrong about chasing the balloon. It HELPS.

sasook

Smash Champion
I'm currently in the process of getting them up, expect them up by this weekend.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Okay, so WiFi is showing me clearly enough that I'm not getting how to play Link.

Can anybody point out combos I should learn, like utilt utilt usmash? Or Zair to grab? I know how to play Link, but clearly I don't understand anything about pressure or predicting an opponent myself. Please help me, anyone?

sasook

Smash Champion
Hmm, I want to give you advice, but I'm not sure what to say =/

The ideal Link would be to start off with Arkive's style, switch to Legan's once in the mid percents, and switch to Deva's style when in high percents.

In other words, start off aggressive, then play adaptive once you get too much damage, then once you're in danger of getting KO'd, go super defensive.

For predicting an opponent, look for patterns in their style and think of a way to counter it. That's the problem with Link, the user always has to think. Recognizing and countering a playstyle can take a while though (like it does for me). Combos....umm.....watch Finns' **** combos.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Since online is all you prob have Ill say this...

Play online against quality people everyday. Soon your playstlye will grow faster, stronger...with link you must be creative and have your own playstyle....Idk but I dont recommend copying someones playstyle.

Learn things from them but dont let it consume your creativity.

To me Links best assests are his bombs and his zair, If you improve this part of your game I can almost guarantee you'll get better. Learn how to space with Link better this is very important. Get better at chaining together attacks and most importantly learn how to win (most people know the AT but it all does not matter if you cannot beat the other guy)

Legan

Smash Lord
The Match vs's Ritch's Marth was pure ****. I also lol'd at the Link fox trot in the yoshi match. Nice job Anonano, your link is getting really good.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
The Match vs's Ritch's Marth was pure ****. I also lol'd at the Link fox trot in the yoshi match. Nice job Anonano, your link is getting really good.
Thanks Legan and Finns7; its cool to know that the master Links actually do watch my videos.

Just a little clarification though; the Marth match was against a friend named Richard, not against Ritch off the boards. I'd better clear that up in the first post too.
And I love the fox trot, I do it all the time. Sheer luck has kept it out of recorded matches up to this point. Sasook has been kind enough to record all(?) the matches that we had via WiFi, and I was very relaxed during those matches, so I may or may not do the foxtrot in those as well.
The second match vs Sasook was the greatest. I really hope he can get that one, because the ending is the BEST ENDING EVER in Link doubles.

sasook

Smash Champion
:( My computer ran out of space to record them all, I got 5 of our matches recorded, one of which is already on youtube, and one of which you use Shiek. I do have one where it was a rather funny ending, where I won totally by luck.

Grene Link

Smash Rookie
あなたの周りの詳細を移動する必要があります。あなたが私には静止するようだ。 : /個人的には、メタゲームか何かの違いがあるXD移動を停止することはありません。あなたのメタゲームをマークし、我々よりももっと頼りに剣をプレイしている。試合は、それにもかかわらずね。私は、潜んしてきたとsasook大きな時間を台無しに思えた。 WIFI使用を採る。私だけ見て、自分の対sasookしています。

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Please post in English and don't spam my thread? Please? Cause this is what I'm getting:

Your surrounding details need to be moved. You seem to halt to me. 《主語なし》:/There is not case it stops the XD movement with the difference of a/the Meta game or something personally. 《主語なし》Marking your Meta game I am playing a/the sword to reliance more than us. A/the game is ね even though. It seemed s asook big time to unit no that I have done not 潜. 《主語なし》I choose WIFI use. 《主語なし》It is doing sasook that sees only me and a/the self correspond.

Grene Link

Smash Rookie
Screw it, I can talk english well, because I'm too blu for you!

Wild Grene Link escapes!

Top Bottom