• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

InfamousFelix

Smash Rookie
And I feel like an idiot for asking this twice but what would the directory be for accessing stages to change them

SmashGibson

Smash Rookie
reformat the sd
I believe i did this once but haven't had a chance to redo it. Do i need a certain wii update or homebrew update? Also do i need to install that thing and update that in the launcher?

I haven't updated my wii because in years because i thought it ruins homebrew. Please confirm.

Again a version much like brawl currently loads that has a weird css with a lot of randoms for characters that freezes when you select a character.

Using 8 gig sd card.

Last edited:

Smash Boy

Smash Cadet
Question: If I download JUST Lyn, will I get JUST Lyn?
You can but you have to download the partial build because her PSA is in there. In my video I explain why I did the separations. If you want just Lyn, you can, but you'll just have to extract individually her stocks and edit your STGRESULTS in a way as to only fit her.

Sorry, I made the build with all fours to be included. That was my goal: LXP having the [discriminated] leaked fours.

jaystring

Smash Ace
I still have PM Ganon. I actually had trouble with getting Sword Ganon because the PSA is not yet compatible with Pig Ganon.
Filesize Issue, downscale some texture and/or change the format to CMPR. I have Pig ganon working with project ganondorf. He doesn't have his trident because some minor PSA would be require to bring it back.

Smash Boy

Smash Cadet
Filesize Issue, downscale some texture and/or change the format to CMPR. I have Pig ganon working with project ganondorf. He doesn't have his trident because some minor PSA would be require to bring it back.
Oh thanks. I actually figured it out. Hence my late reply.
I asked BronzeGreekGod to help me out bring his trident to sword Ganon PSA. For now, Pig Ganon summons OoT Ganon's PSA.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Okay... Stuff's all downloaded, all I gotta figure out is how to rearrange the files and generally put humpty-dumpty back together.

I always get confused with this kind of thing. That's just me.

---

EDIT: ...Okay, I'll bite. I have no idea how to plug the files in, and doubly so on Dolphin. I've never worked with BrawlEx before, and the "Build" package looks to have lot of the wrong folder names and file structure, what's with that?

Could someone please PM me and hold my hand through getting it set up?

Last edited:

PM666

Smash Cadet
Is there a 2gb or less download? I'm using USB loader GX but can't figure out how to get a bigger sd card to work

Wasabi_Skillz

Smash Rookie
Is there a 2gb or less download? I'm using USB loader GX but can't figure out how to get a bigger sd card to work
I remember one of the Wii updates allowed you to use a larger than 4gb SD card. I use an 8gb SD and it works just fine.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
It's 4.5GB because of the extra characters, stages, and music; in other words, everything that makes LXP what it is. That means you need an 8GB card minimum. Sorry.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I can't seem to get an sd card bigger than 2gb to work with brawl
Install the Homebrew Channel. LXP has no Hackless version because of its filesize (and ability to use the stage builder. Just saying.). It's Homebrew-only.

Smash Boy

Smash Cadet
Okay... Stuff's all downloaded, all I gotta figure out is how to rearrange the files and generally put humpty-dumpty back together.

---

EDIT: ...Okay, I'll bite. I have no idea how to plug the files in, and doubly so on Dolphin. I've never worked with BrawlEx before, and the "Build" package looks to have lot of the wrong folder names and file structure, what's with that?

Sorry for the late reply.

If it's Dolphin, you have me at a disadvantage as I haven't worked on it on Dolphin but on Wii.

As for the files, it's for simplicity. Plus, my Wifi's upload speed is crap and I had to upload it partially.

PM666

Smash Cadet
Install the Homebrew Channel. LXP has no Hackless version because of its filesize (and ability to use the stage builder. Just saying.). It's Homebrew-only.
I have everything needed. I'm not new to this lol but I'm stumped on this one. Never used sdhc for brawl before

Smash Boy

Smash Cadet

---

Tell you what, I'll update my post on Reddit to include instructions on how to put it. Take note it uses the Wii as a base.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Tell you what, I'll update my post on Reddit to include instructions on how to put it. Take note it uses the Wii as a base.
Understood. Thank you. I'll do it on Wii first — it's just that my Wii tends to freeze when it comes to LXP even with no modifications ":/

(...now just to find the darn Reddit post... Google can be very, very unhelpful sometimes...)

Last edited:

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Smash Boy Smash Boy Finally the build I've been looking for! I'll probably end up downloading it next time I have access to a computer. On a related note, how do you add new characters? I've been poking around in the files and every time I try and add a character it ends up freezing or not working...

Smash Boy

Smash Cadet

Smash Boy

Smash Cadet
Smash Boy Smash Boy Finally the build I've been looking for! I'll probably end up downloading it next time I have access to a computer. On a related note, how do you add new characters? I've been poking around in the files and every time I try and add a character it ends up freezing or not working...
To add characters, you need to first build from the config templates and EX modules provided by the build, well actually by a regular PMBEX build since LXP apparently doesn't include one. Anyways, that, drag the fighter files into the Fighters folder, then start adding the portraits in info., menu/common/char_bus_tex, menu2/sc_selcharacter.pac, etc.

There is a ProjectM+BrawlEx guide by Solaros at Smashboards, you can check it out. It's the same principle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPMCE/comments/5bb40v/super_smash_bros_legacy_xp_20_betacommunity/
That's the link to my partial build for LXP that contains the forbidden fours, OoT Ganon as well as a few updates.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
To add characters, you need to first build from the config templates and EX modules provided by the build, well actually by a regular PMBEX build since LXP apparently doesn't include one. Anyways, that, drag the fighter files into the Fighters folder, then start adding the portraits in info., menu/common/char_bus_tex, menu2/sc_selcharacter.pac, etc.

There is a ProjectM+BrawlEx guide by Solaros at Smashboards, you can check it out. It's the same principle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPMCE/comments/5bb40v/super_smash_bros_legacy_xp_20_betacommunity/
That's the link to my partial build for LXP that contains the forbidden fours, OoT Ganon as well as a few updates.
And then edit the CSS.bx or whatever with hex to add new characters to the roster?

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
Asked the Hitbox.tv devs to add Smash Legacy XP and TE as streamable games. They listened.

Last edited:

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
But why? It's just a Project M mod pack..
Nanobuds has a point y'know.

PM was added at a time on Twitch because of its strong diversity and uniqueness against Brawl. It was removed however due to the closure of PM or possible legal reasons. (It's still on Hitbox though because of the uniqueness trait it holds.)

LXP and TE is just an addition upon that. They're also not the most unique builds in the world either. (It's like saying I wanted Patt Edition to be a playable game on Hitbox.) It's for the most part downloading mods off of Brawl Vault and putting it on an SD card. Which is a huge contrast to PM with how most of their changes were done from scratch. Giving the reasoning for why PM was a playable game to begin with on Twitch/Hitbox.

If people wanna stream LXP or TE, they should use Super Smash Bros. Brawl/Melee/Project M as the game they're streaming on Hitbox.

It's also just a slap in the face to PM (and the PMDT), being replaced by a mod pack.

Tl;dr: LXP and TE don't need/deserve a Hitbox playable game as it's just an addition upon an existing mod.

Last edited:

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
Asked the Hitbox.tv devs to add Smash Legacy XP and TE as streamable games. They listened.
Depends how you pitched it to them, I can see why they listened in the first place.
They most likely saw it as a separate mod from Project M. They most likely didn't realize that they're mods OF Project M. I'm sure they would've listened if they were told about Brawl-.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
We could expect a future version of Legacy XP with the Smash 3c graphics? (That would be absolutely perfect) :D
It's certainly an often-requested feature. However I'm not sure it would work since some of the content is Brawl-stylized and Smash 3C content would look out of place. Doesn't rule it out completely though.

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
how happy are you with the product, is the full version coming soon? i'm still loving the beta, but it'd be nice to play suzaku castle without lag. plus i'm getting strangely comfortable with the announcer telling me my main is mewtwo haha

Top Bottom