• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I have questions:

- How powerful does one's PC/Mac have to be?

- Can I use the Mayflash adapter on my PC/Mac?

- Is it awesome?
-It depends almost solely on your CPU. I have a 7-year-old CPU and it runs smoothly at 720p60, which is quite good. If you have a more recent CPU, sure it can run at 1080p or even higher.

-If you mean the 4-port adapter, which has a PC/WiiU button, yes, you can.

-It certainly is.

TheGag96

Smash Rookie
hi folks :)
got a question about the sfc, the song forcer codes.
how did you get those codes to work over several stages, would that work with pm too? or even with my own build? but how could I view them and know how they work? cuz I would like to do my normal stages plus exceptions between them with different music, that would be cool..
any help here?
Hi there, I did the SFC for LXP. It's actually a modified one that loads randomly from a "setlist" per stage and per alt, and you could potentially have stages/alts share a setlist. I have a config file and a program to generate it easily (it's quite long). I was meaning to make it a GUI tool and release it along with LXP but I ran into some complications and haven't come back to it yet.

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
-It depends almost solely on your CPU. I have a 7-year-old CPU and it runs smoothly at 720p60, which is quite good. If you have a more recent CPU, sure it can run at 1080p or even higher.
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (Mac)

Is that enough?

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (Mac)

Is that enough?
I don't know how good/bad Dolphin emulation is for Mac OS X. However, that CPU should be good if you want to have a 720p60 experience without any lag. At least in Windows 10 it would.

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
Right. Well, I just installed the homebrew channel. Hopefully, I can run it without any problems.

mayoinacan

Smash Rookie
So I had Legacy XP on steam in BPM which was working well until today. Now the overlay doesn't work unless I have openGL as the backend, which is the only backend which causes the characters in the intro to look like missingno, and the character select screen has this bright atrocious diamond like border around it. Any ideas how to fix this whilst having the overlay?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
So I had Legacy XP on steam in BPM which was working well until today. Now the overlay doesn't work unless I have openGL as the backend, which is the only backend which causes the characters in the intro to look like missingno, and the character select screen has this bright atrocious diamond like border around it. Any ideas how to fix this whilst having the overlay?
steam?

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
Hi there, I did the SFC for LXP. It's actually a modified one that loads randomly from a "setlist" per stage and per alt, and you could potentially have stages/alts share a setlist. I have a config file and a program to generate it easily (it's quite long). I was meaning to make it a GUI tool and release it along with LXP but I ran into some complications and haven't come back to it yet.
So does that mean if they were to add wuhu plane ride, you could specifically have that sick vocal theme play only on wuhu.

hehexd12

Smash Rookie
Is there a smaller size of Legacy XP? My sd card is only 2GBs. I'm also fine with having new characters only and no new stages.

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
I don't think you can have Smash Bros Legacy XP on Steam. :/

Last edited:

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
hi good to hear that there´s sth to come ;)
but I got one question about the custom stages. in legacy xp custom stages can play also different songs from sfc. is that possible in my own buil too? I already got some links about the stuff for the sfc, but I still got a lot to do before heading to that post

ArchduchessApricot

Smash Rookie
Would any of the Yoshi's Island Brawl stages be made tourney legal if I added the collision,camera and blastzone data from the current 3.6f yosh's story brawl?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I know the official FAQ says they're not officially adding Knuckles/Lyn/etc., but has anyone been able to add them to LXP UNofficially?
I'm hoping for a "definitive", "complete" version of PM, basically.

Last edited:

Pytonrage

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
7077-3617-8111
I have patched my ssbb iso but there is NO wbfs file!!!! Pls help me!

Pytonrage

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
7077-3617-8111
Pls help me! I tried to patch the 7,92 GB USA Brawl iso but I get NO wbfs file after the patch!! When I load the wad file in dolphin there is a black screen after the menu!

mayoinacan

Smash Rookie
Partially figured it out. The overlay still only works with opengl which is a bummer, but the diamond like border is gone when xBRZ is selected in dolphin. Still would like d3d11 to work though

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Pls help me! I tried to patch the 7,92 GB USA Brawl iso but I get NO wbfs file after the patch!! When I load the wad file in dolphin there is a black screen after the menu!
Did you download the Dolphin version of LXP, which comes with a preconfigured, isolated copy of Dolphin itself? It needs those special configurations. The Wii version doesn't work on Dolphin, and vice versa.

BrawlBuilder's readme even explicitly says it doesn't work with LegacyXP.

Last edited:

SmashGibson

Smash Rookie
I've got a 8 gig sd card and downloaded the wii version. Formatted correctly, everything. When I run the game through homebrew and the launcher I get a game that looks like Brawl but on the select screen a lot of the character slots say random and selecting anything causes a freeze.

What can I do to fix this?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
I've got a 8 gig sd card and downloaded the wii version. Formatted correctly, everything. When I run the game through homebrew and the launcher I get a game that looks like Brawl but on the select screen a lot of the character slots say random and selecting anything causes a freeze.

What can I do to fix this?
reformat the sd

LiveWire-93

Smash Cadet
I know the official FAQ says they're not officially adding Knuckles/Lyn/etc., but has anyone been able to add them to LXP UNofficially?
I'm hoping for a "definitive", "complete" version of PM, basically.
Yes I have a Knuckles PSA over Jigglypuff. My only problem is that I don't have an announcer call that matches the mod's announcer. Once I get that he should work just fine.

InfamousFelix

Smash Rookie
anyone know where to access the sawnd files (i.e. if I wanted to replace Ike's sfx with a sawnd file already made)

mayoinacan

Smash Rookie
Yes I have a Knuckles PSA over Jigglypuff. My only problem is that I don't have an announcer call that matches the mod's announcer. Once I get that he should work just fine.
You could also clone jigglypuff and use knuckles for that.

mayoinacan

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, I've run into another issue. When opening the Legacy XP Launcher.wad, I'm presented with a black screen, and the launcher only starts when the graphics window is opened. Any solution to make it boot up without doing this?

LiveWire-93

Smash Cadet
You could also clone jigglypuff and use knuckles for that.
Yes that's what I meant. I already have one. Just need an announcer call for him that matches the mod's announcer's voice.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Yes that's what I meant. I already have one. Just need an announcer call for him that matches the mod's announcer's voice.
YTP-style sentence mixing. That's how PM 3.0 got Mewtwo/Roy's announcer voice.
I imagine the CC character mixes going something like:
---
GANONDORF +
SNAKE +
SQUIRTLE +
ZELDA
= NO-K-LE-Z
---
LINK +
THIS GAME'S WINNER IS...
= L-INN
---
ICE CLIMBERS +
CHARIZARD +
CLASSIC MODE
= I-Z-SSIC
---
ZERO SUIT SAMUS + (Why not just regular "Samus", you may ask? Well, so the splicing won't be as obvious.)
YOSHI
= SAM-I

Last edited:

LiveWire-93

Smash Cadet
YTP-style sentence mixing. That's how PM 3.0 got Mewtwo/Roy's announcer voice.
I imagine the CC character mixes going something like:
---
GANONDORF +
SNAKE +
SQUIRTLE +
ZELDA
= NO-K-LE-Z
---
LINK +
THIS GAME'S WINNER IS...
= L-INN
---
ICE CLIMBERS +
CHARIZARD +
CLASSIC MODE
= I-Z-SSIC
---
ZERO SUIT SAMUS + (Why not just regular "Samus", you may ask? Well, so the splicing won't be as obvious.)
YOSHI
= SAM-I
I don't know how I would even attempt to do that. I don't really have the technology to try it, but I see what you mean though.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't know how I would even attempt to do that. I don't really have the technology to try it, but I see what you mean though.
Audacity is your friend; both for mixing the clips and, if you can't extract the sound files directly, recording them from Dolphin.

Last edited:

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to launch this through a USB loader like CFG? My wii can't read disks anymore :\

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
Suggestion: Replace Young Link's "Toon Link" costumes (last 3) with his OOT model.
Won't that be used in retro mode? I'd like the wide-eyed melee young link fill in those 3 if they're up for grabs. (really miss the kokiri shield and sword)

Been playing with this mod for some time now, and I must say this is fantastic. There are a couple issues I found that I don't think we're mentioned yet(homebrew Wii ver.)

For some reason there is only char. menu lag when an added menu song plays ( legacy xp or pm themes). With on disc music, there is almost no lag at all.
With the "link is slow" thing, I believe they referred to moves like his dash grapple. This affects all 3 links, and for some odd reason the emerald costumes don't have those drastic endlags. The guys having that issue can use that to play normally for now.
The odd map still soft freezes like in xp. One I keep getting is Z alt smash4 final destination. Could just be my system though.

And for a couple nitpicky ones I've noticed, which don't really affect gameplay. They're probably not the highest priority, but I'll mention them anyway.
A few issues with invisible projectiles or incorrect particles with new characters and what seems like their clones (wolf[Neu.B] vs metal sonic[air spins, A/B])
Many characters retain some voices with emerald costumes(ie bowser down taunt)
The single ice climber only comes in the stock colour if the spetsnaz ver. is chosen
In training mode, emerald characters have shaded icons like the metal char.s from classic, while in multiplayer they don't change.
I don't know whether it was intended or not, but emerald metal sonic is grey. I'd like that to stay though, it looks kinda cool.

This mod is awesome regardless of a few glitches here and there. Keep up the great work.

Edit: missed one. Some maps have weird surface physics, as if the platform ends part way (ie. side dodges get stuck before the edge). The only one I'm concerned with is the central platform in norfair from brawl, as it is a stock map.

Last edited:

InfamousFelix

Smash Rookie
Anyone know any good Naruto mods that work with LegacyXP?
Edit- nvm, I got one working

Last edited:
Top Bottom