• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Gabryel D.

Smash Rookie
I have Project M also installed, does that matter or not? Also, When I hit the PM launcher it just sends me to PM.

Gabryel D.

Smash Rookie
Okay. So I managed to get the launcher but it keeps bringing me back to the wii menu. I already changed the gc.txt file to gameconfig.txt and what I had to do in order to get the launcher to show on homebrew is I had it another folder that had CleanRip, Wiibard, and VBAGX(When I used to have that on my wii) I am going to try adding PM back in to see if it needs it since PM its is base.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
I have Project M also installed, does that matter or not? Also, When I hit the PM launcher it just sends me to PM.
I think you just answered your question. (I'll be more clear though since people are stupid and say that PM installed with Legacy XP will prevent you from playing Legacy XP)

Gabryel D.

Smash Rookie
Berserk Falcon Berserk Falcon I do have Wiimmfi, but I get the Error Code 6000 and when I try to register my console, it's either, I do something wrong and it doesn't register or that I email Wiimmfi my problem and they don't email me back with a solution. Shren Shren People are not stupid, you can't expect someone to know all of this programming and coding business if they haven't gone through it and even with the simplest of guides, people get errors because of a small misstep. Don't call people stupid dude.

Yahtzeh

Smash Rookie
So, do I need a bigger SD card for this?
I wanna play it on my Wii U but the files are too big, even for my 4GB SD, which says it needs an additional 627 MB.

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
So, do I need a bigger SD card for this?
I wanna play it on my Wii U but the files are too big, even for my 4GB SD, which says it needs an additional 627 MB.
You need an sd card larger than 4GB. I used a 16GB for it so the size shouldn't matter.

Gabryel D.

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to import characters from other versions of PM or from the real PM 3.6? Also will the speed of the character change? Because Link in my opinion is horrible. Way too slow and the input lag. I tried importing the character from the real PM and It seems like it worked.

RedCommunist

Smash Rookie
Is there a channel forwarder yet? I'd like for the kids to be able to play this without poking around the Homebrew Channel where they could really mess things up.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
you ever noticed how dead smash boards has been after the release of this and smash 3(c)?

like everything is done
Smash 3C are still making stuff and waiting for a mega build whenever that code of 20 happens. And both TE & LXP full need to be released. Plus Brawl Minus is in before completion (4.0BC)... so... done, yet not...

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
Maybe this question has been asked but are non custom characters going to get any changes? I'm not asking for them to make this the new project m but some characters I think deserve some changes ex G&W, Wario,etc

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
and Brawl Minus.
i'm still waiting to see how Smash 2 will look now that AlGeorgeRomo got a populated team
if model importing is a thing i will legit quit pm if brawl/smash 4 sheik gets in melee
good god the pony tail is the best thing to have happened to her

Last edited:

Metal Legacy

Smash Rookie
So I installed this mod and love it so far. I'm using it through homebrew on my wii but have two main issues. The character select screen, and menus in general, stutter and seem to lag a little bit. Also, the stage previews are incredibly pixelated. It is incredibly difficult to tell what stage corresponds to each button. Am I the only one with these issues? Does anyone know how to fix them?

Gabryel D.

Smash Rookie
Metal Legacy Metal Legacy . I don't think there is a way to fix it because the Wii can only handle so much. No, if its a Wii U which has a better GPU, CPU, and Graphics card, there is a chance that it would display everything perfectly.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Holy ****. How did I not hear about this before? This is basically everything I already do with PM except a lot more.

Two questions:
1. How does the Giga Bowser/Wario Man/SoPo thing work with the stage selector? I always avoided mapping alts to R for that reason.
2. How do I fiddle around with the music? Because I know there's a lot more than the game normally handles.

Junior42O

Smash Rookie
Having an issue with songs playing in certain stages can anyone tell me if each song corresponds to each stage? I deleted some songs but kept the ones in stages I play like I have fountain of dreams not playing its song but I have the song file not sure which song plays on that stage.Ps had to trim stuff as I only have 4gb and under sd cards

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
hi folks :)
got a question about the sfc, the song forcer codes.
how did you get those codes to work over several stages, would that work with pm too? or even with my own build? but how could I view them and know how they work? cuz I would like to do my normal stages plus exceptions between them with different music, that would be cool..
any help here?

Last edited:

Strange Matter

Smash Rookie
hi folks :)
got a question about the sfc, the song forcer codes.
how did you get those codes to work over several stages, would that work with pm too? or even with my own build? but how could I view them and know how they work? cuz I would like to do my normal stages plus exceptions between them with different music, that would be cool..
any help here?
See these threads:

https://smashboards.com/threads/alt-stage-song-forcer-code-guide.415556/

https://smashboards.com/threads/custom-sound-engine-v3-0-currently-in-public-testing-phase.431467/

It's a little confusing at first, but pretty straightforward (albeit somewhat tedious) once you've got it figured out. Parts of this thread may also help clarify some things:

https://smashboards.com/threads/pyotrluzhins-lab.434012/

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
See these threads:

https://smashboards.com/threads/alt-stage-song-forcer-code-guide.415556/

https://smashboards.com/threads/custom-sound-engine-v3-0-currently-in-public-testing-phase.431467/

It's a little confusing at first, but pretty straightforward (albeit somewhat tedious) once you've got it figured out. Parts of this thread may also help clarify some things:

https://smashboards.com/threads/pyotrluzhins-lab.434012/

oh my god! I totally appreciate it!
thanks a lot man ^^

and another question too, does this stage work for anybody?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211657

distant skyview spring
cuz it freezes every freakin' time when I´m trying to load it. so I seperated it, put it in my own build, put it in vanilla pm and I also used a lot of different .rels to load it. it´s said that the stage should go over distant planet, but its just not working... I also wrote the guy who created this, but I´m not sure if my message was sent :/, I also didn´t receive a mail until now.
so how is it to you? has anybody the same issues? help would be great :)

jaystring

Smash Ace
oh my god! I totally appreciate it!
thanks a lot man ^^

and another question too, does this stage work for anybody?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211657

distant skyview spring
cuz it freezes every freakin' time when I´m trying to load it. so I seperated it, put it in my own build, put it in vanilla pm and I also used a lot of different .rels to load it. it´s said that the stage should go over distant planet, but its just not working... I also wrote the guy who created this, but I´m not sure if my message was sent :/, I also didn´t receive a mail until now.
so how is it to you? has anybody the same issues? help would be great :)
On my personnal dolphin build, this stage is displaying continuous error message when using "Panic Handlers" (error message on).

with error message off, it does work but there's still definitively something wrong with it but I've not had the time to investigate yet

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
On my personnal dolphin build, this stage is displaying continuous error message when using "Panic Handlers" (error message on).

with error message off, it does work but there's still definitively something wrong with it but I've not had the time to investigate yet

ah.. so it´s not working for wii now right? well then it´s useless for me trying to get that stage working ^^. were you about to edit it or what? let me now when it will work ok? :)

ShadowOfSilver

Smash Rookie
Can someone post a screenshot/pic of how the root of the SD card should look for Homebrew/Wii? Also, is playing on the Wii really that bad? Don't want to put in all this work for a pixelated mess.

CamLikesCow

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know how to set up online play for LXP on Dolphin? I've been trying for a while and I've not gotten it to work. The wiimfi is enabled, but it gives me an error of no save file found. Any Ideas?

Tibolegends

Smash Rookie
Damn BLACK SCREEN black screen BLACK SCREEN

SMASHBROSBRAWL NTSC disk
French Wii
SD Card 8Go SDHC FAT32
Everything copied in the root. Codes folder created and filled with RSBE01.gct and other .cgt
gameconfig.txt in the root

WHAT ELSE?

Please guide me in theses dark moments

Obskore

Smash Ace
Damn BLACK SCREEN black screen BLACK SCREEN

SMASHBROSBRAWL NTSC disk
French Wii
SD Card 8Go SDHC FAT32
Everything copied in the root. Codes folder created and filled with RSBE01.gct and other .cgt
gameconfig.txt in the root

WHAT ELSE?

Please guide me in theses dark moments
tried forcing NTSC video?

Obskore

Smash Ace
So what's Legacy TE? Is that a new update for this build?
a separate build meant to be tournament legal, but adding certain cool new things especially made for it, like some new alt stages for proper competitive play and skins that follow PM's alt costume concepts

Last edited:

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
I have questions:

- How powerful does one's PC/Mac have to be?

- Can I use the Mayflash adapter on my PC/Mac?

- Is it awesome?

Last edited:
Top Bottom