• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

JipC

Smash Journeyman
"Download quota exceeded for this file, so you cant download it at this time." when trying to DL dolphin version

Junior42O

Smash Rookie
whoa don't go spouting misinformation >.> its really easy to load it on a USB. first off, go to the LegacyXP folder and get RSBE01.gct, RSBEXP.gct, and gc.txt

make a new folder in the root of your SD card called "codes" and place the GCT's inside it. next rename gc.txt to gameconfig.txt and place it in the root of the SD. you should be able to load the game on any USB loader after that. you do however need an 8+ gig SD card.

you can also make an ISO using the dolphin build, then copy the wii download's files to SD, and it should work. again you will need an 8+ gig SD card. you will also need to move and rename the files as above.
By any chance do you have a link to a guide as to building it as an iso

armyman12345

Smash Apprentice
whoa don't go spouting misinformation >.> its really easy to load it on a USB. first off, go to the LegacyXP folder and get RSBE01.gct, RSBEXP.gct, and gc.txt

make a new folder in the root of your SD card called "codes" and place the GCT's inside it. next rename gc.txt to gameconfig.txt and place it in the root of the SD. you should be able to load the game on any USB loader after that. you do however need an 8+ gig SD card.

you can also make an ISO using the dolphin build, then copy the wii download's files to SD, and it should work. again you will need an 8+ gig SD card. you will also need to move and rename the files as above.
At the time I wrote that post, nobody on the discord knew. Sorry if I demoralized anyone.

Also, is this the place to report stuff?

Yoshi 2410

Smash Cadet
I got it working,but it's extremely laggy. I've tried downgrading the graphics and everything but it still lags.
(Also, "The rest of the Melee vets have returned,each with their own unique moveset" Pichu is just a clone.)

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
So I finally got a 8GB SD Card so I could play this game and wow. I am absolutely loving it. I don't even care that he's a clone, I love Pichu's moveset. All the stages I've tried so far are fantastic as well. Thanks for all the time and effort put into this game, it's super fun. Only problem I'm having is that I can't get the Alt costumes to work. Holding L while picking a character and changing costumes doesn't do anything different for me.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I got it working,but it's extremely laggy. I've tried downgrading the graphics and everything but it still lags.
(Also, "The rest of the Melee vets have returned,each with their own unique moveset" Pichu is just a clone.)
I think those three additions (:drmario::younglinkmelee::pichumelee:) should be reconsidered. I'm not talking about throwing them out, but rather about making changes in their movesets for as to feel actually different.

Yoshi 2410

Smash Cadet
I think those three additions (:drmario::younglinkmelee::pichumelee:) should be reconsidered. I'm not talking about throwing them out, but rather about making changes in their movesets for as to feel actually different.
I know,right? Maybe they could nerf Brawl- Pichu to balance it and bam,decloned Pichu

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I know,right? Maybe they could nerf Brawl- Pichu to balance it and bam,decloned Pichu
That's a WONDERFUL idea. I leave this here in order for people to understand your comment!

I would like to see in a future release a balance for the new additions, but I understand David and the rest of the people involved in Legacy have other priorities.

By the way, is it possible to see custom trophies, custom achievements and/or custom event matches? I believe these modpacks should also increase 1 player content as well!

Last edited:

SG69

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4038-6883-1141
I think that a cool addition would be to have a targeting system, like in SSB for the 3ds. When you press a combination at some point (loading a map or finished on CSS etc) then there could be a box that appears around the opposing player.
Also another idea I had is that there could be an option to load standard PM and maybe standard brawl? Just a suggestion (I haven't quite gotten lxp setup yet)

DarkSimorgh

Smash Cadet
Honestly I feel like Pichu and Young Link are both solid characters. The character I feel the most trouble with is Doc and it has to do with the fact that his recovery is just poop. What is the point? Loving the ground pound but literally anything Mario had as a recovery tool before is now gone and Doc suffers from early kills all across the board. Honestly if they gave him Mario's cape I think it would solve 80% of my issues with recovery, but Doc just falls so fast I don't even know if it matters.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I think that a cool addition would be to have a targeting system, like in SSB for the 3ds. When you press a combination at some point (loading a map or finished on CSS etc) then there could be a box that appears around the opposing player.
Also another idea I had is that there could be an option to load standard PM and maybe standard brawl? Just a suggestion (I haven't quite gotten lxp setup yet)
I think the best option is still having a couple of builds. I do. One is PM 3.6, the other one is Legacy XP 2.0b.

Honestly I feel like Pichu and Young Link are both solid characters. The character I feel the most trouble with is Doc and it has to do with the fact that his recovery is just poop. What is the point? Loving the ground pound but literally anything Mario had as a recovery tool before is now gone and Doc suffers from early kills all across the board. Honestly if they gave him Mario's cape I think it would solve 80% of my issues with recovery, but Doc just falls so fast I don't even know if it matters.
I think we have to wait some time until the team focus on movesets. I understand they won't touch official PM 3.6 characters, but new additions could (and, IMO, actually should) be improved.

DarkSimorgh

Smash Cadet
I'm sure they will improve additions. Lucia needs cleaning up and Metal Sonic probably use some tweaking, but Ridley and Gen fine.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
I might be totally alone on this but I really like what they did with Pichu. He is an unevolved form of Pikachu, so it makes sense to have most of the same moves but be smaller, faster, lighter, and weaker. I really enjoy playing as him/her. Their attacks are all pretty solid, yeah their fast and kinda floaty, but they are super light so they can be knocked out rather easily. The changes from Pikachu to Pichu are all good changes as far as I can tell so far too. Only problem with Pichu that I've found so far is that Snake can't seem to be able to pick him up, but I'm sure that is just a bug.

Last edited:

DarkSimorgh

Smash Cadet
I might be totally alone on this but I really like what they did with Pichu. He is an unevolved form of Pikachu, so it makes sense to have most of the same moves but be smaller, faster, lighter, and weaker. I really enjoy playing as him/her. Their attacks are all pretty solid, yeah their fast and kinda floaty, but they are super light so they can be knocked out rather easily. The changes from Pikachu to Pichu are all good changes as far as I can tell so far too. Only problem with Pichu that I've found so far is that Snake can't seem to be able to pick him up, but I'm sure that is just a bug.
Definitely on board with this opinion. Obvious this has only been out a day but Lucia feels a bit overpowered with her hitboxes+speed. Was playing with only new character and my friend just uses Lucia because it gets easy results, I switch to an old character and destroy her and all of a sudden he doesn't want to play because I'm cheap apparently, but Lucia has s9 many tools I couldn't imagine what a person familiar with her extensively would actually be able to do.

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
i've done this but i still get Brawl booting up! i installed it the same way i did PM but something might be out somewhere..
Turn on ocarina cheats, and change the hook to AXNextFrame

By any chance do you have a link to a guide as to building it as an iso
Its a bit complicated. but possible. its a bit extensive, but i was thinking of making a guide for it later. just need a list of differences in the wii vs dolphin build,

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
When I played it on Dolphin and it loaded content for the first time, it did this. After it "gets over that," it runs fine.

HOWEVER, I just reinstalled this and did it a bit cleaner, and it now doesn't have that issue.

I would suggest you try reinstalling it based on my VERY POSITIVE results of doing so.
I think we have to wait some time until the team focus on movesets. I understand they won't touch official PM 3.6 characters, but new additions could (and, IMO, actually should) be improved.
The first and foremost focus is and should remain on game stabilization with all of these massive files and massive data amounts.

Once that is down (maybe sans a few minor issues here and there), the focus can then shift to the rest of development.

Last edited:

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
The first and foremost focus is and should remain on game stabilization with all of these massive files and massive data amounts.

Once that is down (maybe sans a few minor issues here and there), the focus can then shift to the rest of development.
Sure! Stabilization goes first.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
BTW everyone, here is a link to the Legacy XP Google Doc sheet.

Note that the only characters listed to have hold L commands for alts (as listed) are Link, Toon Link and ROB. All the other outfits appears on the CSS by merely clicking X/Y like you normally would in vanilla Brawl.

Also it includes a list of all the stages, alternate stages, and credits.

One secret favorite stage of mine is the custom Summit mod by Hope4NeWDaY (with credit to N0ah). It features a custom icy floor and two platforms about 40% the size of the stage directly over it rotating up and down at opposite timings. I've used it in all my custom Project M builds since it came out, and it has been one of my favorite modded stages ever since.

You can select it by picking Summit and holding A and up on the control pad at the same time and see if you like it for yourself! :)

Speaking of which, don't be afraid to highlight some of your favorite Smash mod stages in Legacy XP! I would like to hear other people's favorite stages!
Sure! Stabilization goes first.
After that, definitely agreed balancing is next as the main objective though!

Because, well... there's not a lot of content I can't think left to add lmao. I'm having a literal brain overlord over here!!! :laugh:

Last edited:

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
Can someone please tell me how to run it on USBLoaderGX?

Racer-X

Smash Rookie
Hello. I signed up because I couldn't find any discussions about this:

I tried to use the Dolphin version of Legacy XP (downloaded from Google Drive) and got a warning from Kaspersky Antivirus saying the .exe files in Smash Bros LXP [Dolphin]\Dolphin LXP are trojan droppers. I uploaded them to VirusTotal and got these results back:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...c1a15cff9f45484924731c98/analysis/1473194036/
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...01f957c2c5d13b1a9a265b34/analysis/1473194037/
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...0822224410ec3c0f84b74574/analysis/1473194039/

So, uh... what's up with that?

Junior42O

Smash Rookie

Its a bit complicated. but possible. its a bit extensive, but i was thinking of making a guide for it later. just need a list of differences in the wii vs dolphin build,
Mind pointing me in the right direction sorry if its a hassle I just cant build the iso its driving me nuts

Dos efes

Smash Cadet
Hi. I hardly ever post but this build just deserves the praise. Even though I encountered a few bugs, as expected for a beta, I was amazed by the quality of it all. The selection of stages, customes and new characters make this feel like a natural progression for the mods (PM, XP and Legacy), almost like a sequel.

For feedback, as has been repeated, I'd say some of the melee vets need de-cloning, not much, but to at least make more of a difference. I also crashed when playing all stars versus and Young Link tried to spawn after my ganon died. That's about it. All of the rest runs and looks amazing on Dolphin. Also, I'd love a retro mode and a Smash 3/3C version of the build, but I know that's the least of concerns right now.

Finally, does rainbow mode change anything in gameplay terms or is it just aesthethic?

Again, thanks to the team for putting this together and to every modder that made their contribution. Looking forward for updates and balancing.

Misterpixel

Smash Rookie
Hi ! I put the Brawl ISO in the WBFS, Builder folder, then executed the .bat file... And then, when I try to launch one of the Legacy XP files, I can access the menu, I press A on "Play" and then, nothing, only a black screen, so I wanted to know if someone get this issue or if anyone knows how to fix it :/ Thanks !

feargm

Smash Rookie
I can access the menu, I press A on "Play" and then, nothing, only a black screen, so I wanted to know if someone get this issue or if anyone knows how to fix it :/ Thanks !
I was having the same problem, setting Brawl as the default ISO should fix the black screen.

I still can't play though 'cause for some bizarre reason all that happens no matter what I do is the word "LEGACY" popping up and crashing right there and then, before the game's intro. I haven't found a solution for this anywhere.

lesanae

Smash Rookie
Right click it on Dolphin, and then "set as default ISO".
Same thing happens to me when I tried to default it to the Brawl iso, but it crashes because you didn't build the wbfs. It's missing content so it won't launch.

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
Bug Report:
Roy and Mewtwo's announcer voices are switched.

Complaint:
I don't know why anyone's not talking about Lucina's neutral air. It's the most OP aerial for when it comes to coming back on the stage. The thing lasts hella long and it's an extremely safe option whenever you want to get back on the stage. I'd make it like :4corrinf:'s, her only doing two circular swings that do little knockback. The spike and slash audio for her are switched too.

Those aside this is a well crafted project. Several stages I don't get why are in here, but the music choices and the alt stage choices are perfect for a Smash game like this.

Congrats everyone. Hope to see a stabilized version come soon™.

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
Great... So I just wasted my families money on a gamecube adapter for the Wii U, THAT DOESN'T EVEN WORK WITH MY BRAWL GAME.

So I'm guess that the alt. costumes doesn't work, nor the Z or B button stages, CAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE TO ME SINCE ALL I HAVE A CLASSIC PRO CONTROLLERS.

feargm

Smash Rookie
it crashes because you didn't build the wbfs. It's missing content so it won't launch.
I did build it though, with the bat and everything, accompanied the entire process on the cmd, but it's like I didn't actually do so. My Brawl just shows up as a regular Brawl on Dolphin rather than "Super Smash Bros. Legacy XP". A friend of mine told me it's likely an ISO issue, but I don't understand how since it is an NTSC [US] ISO... I'll just have to figure something out I guess.

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
I tried playing on Dolphin, but it crashes on the strap screen when the word "Legacy" appears.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Not super stable. Was hoping the built in iso maker would be a ready to play iso if you loaded it up in USB Loader GX. i haven't been able to get it running fully on my setups which run pm iso's from usb

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nope, not for me.
It won't show up on the character select screen, but it will if you hold L on any outfit for those 3 while you click Start to go to the stage select screen.

The costumes list here can show you which alt costume is which.
Hello. I signed up because I couldn't find any discussions about this:

I tried to use the Dolphin version of Legacy XP (downloaded from Google Drive) and got a warning from Kaspersky Antivirus saying the .exe files in Smash Bros LXP [Dolphin]\Dolphin LXP are trojan droppers. I uploaded them to VirusTotal and got these results back:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...c1a15cff9f45484924731c98/analysis/1473194036/
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...01f957c2c5d13b1a9a265b34/analysis/1473194037/
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...0822224410ec3c0f84b74574/analysis/1473194039/

So, uh... what's up with that?
Ran 3 scans (2 full, 1 quick) on my computer (Windows 10, Standard Edition).

No viruses or bugs in them.

Note: I downloaded from the official link the official site listed. So this wouldn't cover any other download.

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
i tried that but couldn't do it. i might have to do a full fresh installation on my friend's wii to see if i can get it going

Top Bottom