• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

oorr23

Smash Cadet
Am I correct in assuming this is a modded build of 3.6 (aka Final version)?

Quaza

Smash Cadet
1. That's great, I'd love to check it out! Where can I find it?

2. Yeah, that's because I was wrong about the button to toggle expansion stages, you need to go to "TURN ALL STAGES OFF" and then select just the stages you want. Also turns of the Training Mode stage this way.
That's super helpful thanks. I haven't posted it anywhere. But I can dm a dropbox link to you if you want.

Nintendo100

Smash Rookie
I have been getting a constant error with this current build of The Project. I load the game with the Mod off of an ISO version of Brawl on the Wii. The game loads perfectly fine, then when i turn off my wii and then turn it back on to play the game with the mod, i get the black screen of doom.
Any ideas to fix this other than to keep removing and replacing files on the SD Card?

Last edited:

jamiejame911

Smash Rookie
This keeps freezing after I click the stage. Or it reverts back to brawl as I go through the menus. I am on hackless.

The 74th Rebel

Smash Rookie
I've been having issues with the download, and that it never finishes. Should it be taking 9 hours? Also could you possisbly link me to a new download? Preferably not in a .zip file format too. Im using windows 7 so I can't unzip certain files and I don't want to have to download a 3rd party file editing program (like winrar, WinZip, 7z, ect) just to open it. (Also great work on this mod, it looks amazing, 11/10)

MortizDX

Smash Rookie
Hi, I had problems with this pack for a few days since always ended up with the black screen. I tried many different things (deleting song, putting files from the original PM into Legacy, using hackless and homebrew versions), but none worked... until I changed the language of the Wii to English (I had it at Spanish)...and boom, everything worked with the hackless version at least (haven't try it with homebrew).

Not sure if this is the same reason to why hasn't worked for others, but I wanted to mention so it can be look into it. With PM, it worked with Spanish as it showed a screen with the same language, so maybe it has something to do with that.

Sorry for any gramatical errors, english isn't my primary language.

ebel89

Smash Rookie
Hi all this might be a silly question but how do I play the modded content?
Playing Project M is no problem but I want to try something else, I tried this mod and I just can't get the extra's it just stays like project M no new stages costumes or anything.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
This keeps freezing after I click the stage. Or it reverts back to brawl as I go through the menus. I am on hackless.
Strange, I'd try reformatting the SD card to FAT32 and then trying again.

Is there a way to make this build able to be played online (Wi-Fi) on the wii?
Don't know.

I've been having issues with the download, and that it never finishes. Should it be taking 9 hours? Also could you possisbly link me to a new download? Preferably not in a .zip file format too. Im using windows 7 so I can't unzip certain files and I don't want to have to download a 3rd party file editing program (like winrar, WinZip, 7z, ect) just to open it. (Also great work on this mod, it looks amazing, 11/10)
Haha, I could get you an alternate download, but do yourself a favor and grab a 3rd party file extractor like 7zip. It's totally safe. And thanks, I'm glad you're liking my build!

Hi, I had problems with this pack for a few days since always ended up with the black screen. I tried many different things (deleting song, putting files from the original PM into Legacy, using hackless and homebrew versions), but none worked... until I changed the language of the Wii to English (I had it at Spanish)...and boom, everything worked with the hackless version at least (haven't try it with homebrew).

Not sure if this is the same reason to why hasn't worked for others, but I wanted to mention so it can be look into it. With PM, it worked with Spanish as it showed a screen with the same language, so maybe it has something to do with that.

Sorry for any gramatical errors, english isn't my primary language.
This is extremely helpful, thank you for letting me know about this. Guess I have more troubleshooting to do!

Hi all this might be a silly question but how do I play the modded content?
Playing Project M is no problem but I want to try something else, I tried this mod and I just can't get the extra's it just stays like project M no new stages costumes or anything.
Hmm, are you replacing all of the files? Make sure that your projectm, codes, and apps/private folders along with the gameconfig.txt and boot.elf are all there.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
In a few Hours I'm gonna try the build and see if I get the problems so many people are having..

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
So, The Game runs smooth like how normal PM would run. I had no problems loading the game but, The only crash I got was from pressing the snapshot button Yes, If you try to take a Snapshot, the game freezes it might be due to the Options that you get after taking the snapshot. This is a VERY big problem to me because my hand tends to slip on the Snapshot button and my Controller is very sensitive..

Shadow

Smash Cadet
can you include a oot young link skin for toon link?
I know there has been hacks like this however I have failed to find one that the legs don't look off

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
So, The Game runs smooth like how normal PM would run. I had no problems loading the game but, The only crash I got was from pressing the snapshot button Yes, If you try to take a Snapshot, the game freezes it might be due to the Options that you get after taking the snapshot. This is a VERY big problem to me because my hand tends to slip on the Snapshot button and my Controller is very sensitive..
Thank you for the feedback. What do you mean options after taking the screenshot? I'd love to enable them, could you by any chance help me with this? I thought it froze vanilla PM 3.6 but I guess I'm wrong.

can you include a oot young link skin for toon link?
I know there has been hacks like this however I have failed to find one that the legs don't look off
Probably not going to do that. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Thank you for the feedback. What do you mean options after taking the screenshot? I'd love to enable them, could you by any chance help me with this? I thought it froze vanilla PM 3.6 but I guess I'm wrong.

Probably not going to do that. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
By Options I mean what happens after the Screenshot as in, "Save to SD Card" "Save to Wii" Those options.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Friends and scholars... My standardizing-portraits game is strong right now. So excited to get 1.2 out. Rushing to get it out at Christmas, pretty unlikely, though...

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
The DLC preview you have with the N64 skins makes me unreasonably happy. Can't wait for your updates.
Well, I did try to get 1.2 out today, but I ran out of time.

But speaking of 64 skins.... I did make this.

Merry Christmas!

Oh..... why.... why did I do this?

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
For reasons of pure portability and duplicating, will a Project M ISO Builder work for Legacy? If so is there a version you prefer?

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Just curious. How would one go about importing the N64 sound effects into Pronect M? I saw an N64 sound effect pack on Brawl Vault once, but it made lightning sound effects messed up because the sound effect would loop over and over.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
For reasons of pure portability and duplicating, will a Project M ISO Builder work for Legacy? If so is there a version you prefer?
Working on this... I'll get back to you.

Just curious. How would one go about importing the N64 sound effects into Pronect M? I saw an N64 sound effect pack on Brawl Vault once, but it made lightning sound effects messed up because the sound effect would loop over and over.
A friend made one for me, but it's not finished yet. I could share it once it's done.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

To celebrate, I'm sharing the new Smash Bros. Legacy M main theme - beautiful piece composed and orchestrated by Yuang Chen
and Produced and mastered by Takumi Nishimura of Seycara Music And Arts. I'm so stoked to finally share this!

Expect this to be the first music you listen to in 1.2!

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Working on this... I'll get back to you.

A friend made one for me, but it's not finished yet. I could share it once it's done.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

To celebrate, I'm sharing the new Smash Bros. Legacy M main theme - beautiful piece composed and orchestrated by Yuang Chen
and Produced and mastered by Takumi Nishimura by Seycara Music And Arts. I'm so stoked to finally share this!

Expect this to be the first music you listen to in 1.2!
This song sounds great! I would love it if you shared the N64 sound effects with me when it's complete. Thanks for all the hard work!

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
If I ever make my own publicly distributed custom build off of 3.6, can I use this as a possible character select theme?
Absolutely. Just make sure you credit Yuang Chen and Takumi Nishimura of Seycara Music And Arts similarly to how I did above, and call it "Smash Bros. Legacy Theme" or some variant thereof. Can be in a .txt of your build or whatever.

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Thank you very much for sharing!
Can't wait to give this a go.
You're very welcome!

Update: everyone, while 1.2 is almost out, check out this tutorial video on setting up Smash Bros. Legacy M / Project M on a hackless Wii or Wii U. Hopefully most of you know how to do this by now, but hopefully some will find it helpful!

Manipanni

Smash Rookie
You're very welcome!

Update: everyone, while 1.2 is almost out, check out this tutorial video on setting up Smash Bros. Legacy M / Project M on a hackless Wii or Wii U. Hopefully most of you know how to do this by now, but hopefully some will find it helpful!

THANK YOU OMG I WAS SEARCHING FOR THISA FOR SO LONG

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
You're very welcome!

Will 1.2 fix the Snapshot Glitch? If it does I will play this every single day.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
I check this thread everyday to see if the update is out. Good stuff.
Well I appreciate your enthusiasm. But despite the fact 1.2 would have been ready for release tomorrow, due to political reasons, the release may have to be postponed for months. In the meantime we'll work on a workaround.

I deeply apologize, this isn't how I was planning on having this go.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Well I appreciate your enthusiasm. But despite the fact 1.2 would have been ready for release tomorrow, due to political reasons, the release may have to be postponed for months. In the meantime we'll work on a workaround.

Oh no..

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926

Holy **** you're not joking.

Top Bottom