• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime FighterZ: An Anime & Manga Fighting Game!

Should we allow additional reps for a same series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!!!!!!!!
1683169652852.png
1683169571189.png
1683169600215.png

Ichigo, Tanjiro and Light joins the roster!

1683169366205.png

Clearly Ichigo showed why he is the "Number One" (because, you know, Ichi-Go), while the run between Tanjiro and Light was brave. Thought I would avoid draws from now, if any other draw happens next there it would be a quick round for the definitive winner.

Now for the jobs...
NEW JOB: SUBMIT A STAGE BASED ON A SHUEISHA MANGA!
It explains itself like near all jobs here, any goes except with the franchises that already has one, it doesn't matter if it is Shonen Jump, Ultra Jump, MangaPlus or whatever.
DISCUSSION: LOOKING FOR A HELPER!
Alright, you may already noticed my big lack of consistence in these posts, that's because while I started this thread in vacations at the half of the same I started to go to my 2nd year of my technical in Graphic Design and the jobs I required to do consumed most of my time. So it would be great if someone would like to join! It wouldn't only be for do things like count votes but also for make this thread more interesing because I think I aren't the only one who start to feel this thread quite monotonous, so go ahead! If you want to help talk to me in Discord as Bölverk Knight#1803

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Shueisha Manga Stage: Hueco Mundo (Bleach)

I figured that since the last of Shonen Jump's Big Three finally has a fighter on the roster, it should have a stage as well.

And speaking of Shonen Jump's Big Three...
Job #22: Story Mode

Countless worlds have been destroyed, only for them to be reborn into one new world, with everyone's memories of their original worlds replaced with those of the new reality. Only precious few, heroes and villains alike, were able to retain their true memories and now find themselves in a world ruled by a group who calls themselves the Paradox Pantheon. Now, the four heroes who retain their memories of the old world-Goku, Sailor Moon, Astro Boy and Naruto-fight different heroes and villains to stop the Paradox Pantheon and restore the worlds to their former selves.

Similar to J-Stars Victory Vs., the story would be split between the four characters.
  • Goku's story
  • Astro Boy's story
  • Sailor Moon's story
  • Naruto's story
Each character playable here would fight and recruit different characters and each story would end with a particular boss (for example, Goku's story would end with Frieza and Astro Boy's story would end with Pluto). Completing all four of these unlocks the Last Story, where you fight the four previous bosses and then the final boss.
The format of the Story Mode would be the one submitted by Perkilator Perkilator as well as the premise, we would have more jobs related to this mode when the roster expands.
I think Naruto should not be the fourth protagonist of Story Mode. I get that he was initially chosen because he, like the other three protagonists, was a default addition to the roster, but his inclusion alongside Goku makes the story mode swing a little too hard into Shonen battle manga (and more specifically, Shonen Jump battle manga) favoritism for me to stomach, especially when you consider that his inclusion means the fourth boss will most likely be from a Shonen Jump battle manga as well... when the already limited boss roster already has Shonen Jump battle manga representation in Freeza.

I have other issues with the game's story mode, but this is the one I feel can still be addressed without compromising the basic structure and premise of said story mode.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Shueisha Manga Stage: Hueco Mundo (Bleach)

I figured that since the last of Shonen Jump's Big Three finally has a fighter on the roster, it should have a stage as well.

And speaking of Shonen Jump's Big Three...

I think Naruto should not be the fourth protagonist of Story Mode. I get that he was initially chosen because he, like the other three protagonists, was a default addition to the roster, but his inclusion alongside Goku makes the story mode swing a little too hard into Shonen battle manga (and more specifically, Shonen Jump battle manga) favoritism for me to stomach, especially when you consider that his inclusion means the fourth boss will most likely be from a Shonen Jump battle manga as well... when the already limited boss roster already has Shonen Jump battle manga representation in Freeza.

I have other issues with the game's story mode, but this is the one I feel can still be addressed without compromising the basic structure and premise of said story mode.
We can address a change in the story mode, I accepted it mostly because nobody else writted something, but if you have any idea feel free to share!

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
At this point, I'm starting to wonder who would replace Naruto in the story mode from a current roster if that's going to be a case since Goku's pretty much the most well-known character, Sailor Moon revolutionized the magical girl sub-genre (especially for Westerners) and Astro Boy was created by a pioneering artist of the industry (thus representing the older years of manga/anime).

Anyway, before going for a stage submission, here's suggestions for the opening post's lost artwork/stuff on some sections throughout this thread's lifespan. Suggested images may be linked on characters' names.
The Scrapyard (Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita)

The Scrapyard is the primary setting for the first half of Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita, residing in a large metropolis located beneath the massive floating city of Tiphares, that is suspended from an orbital ring which surrounds the Earth. starting as Star City before its purpose evolved into supplying and serving Tiphares, with the refuse often falling into a vast dump/garbage heap in Mount Zalem where Daisuke Ido, who was expelled seven years before the main events, found the manga's protagonist, Gally/Alita's remains while scavenging parts in the first chapter.

In Anime FighterZ, the fight takes place in the Scrapyard itself while lots of factories and buildings (some of them which have advertisments such as those regarding Coliseum and Motorball tournaments) are shown in the background, with the Tiphares itself being seen far away in the sky above Mount Zalem's garbage heap behind the metropolis.

For more information about the series' background, influence and it's relations with Shueisha, check this quote below.
Gunnm (also known as Battle Angel Alita internationally) is a cyberpunk manga created by Yukito Kishiro for Shueisha's Business Jump magazine and serialized from December 15th, 1990 to April 1th, 1995. The story focuses on an amnesiac Martian cyborg, Gally/Alita herself, in a post-apocalyptic 26th century when she was revived and took care by a well-renowned cybernetic physician Daisuke Ido after finding her in the Scrapyard (having given a name after his deceased cat), before discovering her martial art skills of Panzer Kurst (being fitted with the Berserker Body) and becoming a Hunter-Warrior (besides participating in the Motorball racing sport and also becoming a TUNED agent) in a journey to rediscover the remainder of her mysterious past throughout the series' timeline.

The manga has achieved various sequels (Last Order more directly, which was also published by Shueisha, and Viz Media in English that is jointly owned by former & Shogakukan, and Mars Chronicle, which centered on Alita/Gally's childhood as "Yoko" since her birth in the year 2327), a 1995 spin-off manga Ashen Victor (also published by them; which took place several years before the first chapter and focused on Motorball's background with Snev, a young and talented player who gained a following among it's fans as the "Crash King" for his accidents), a 1993 two-episode OVA adapting the first two volumes, a 1998 PlayStation video game (Martian Memory, which formed the basis for Last Order's story with additional elements from Kishiro's originally planned ending) and James Cameron's live-action movie adaptation, Alita: Battle Angel, in 2019 (who is a big fan of the manga, having been influenced by it for his 2000 television series, Dark Angel).

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
At this point, I'm starting to wonder who would replace Naruto in the story mode from a current roster if that's going to be a case since Goku's pretty much the most well-known character, Sailor Moon revolutionized the magical girl sub-genre (especially for Westerners) and Astro Boy was created by a pioneering artist of the industry (thus representing the older years of manga/anime).
Personally, I'd say it depends on whether or not Naruto's replacement is one of the fighters currently on the roster.

If we're going with a fighter already on the roster, then the best candidates would probably be Guts (as a representative for seinen), Mazinger Z (as a representative for humongous mecha), or Spike Spiegel (as a representative for anime not adapted from manga).

If Naruto's replacement is a new fighter, it's worth noting that this roster doesn't have a representative from Neon Genesis Evangelion or Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan, so I could see either of those series' protagonists (Shinji Ikari piloting EVA-01 in the former, Simon and Kamina piloting Gurren Lagaan in the latter) filling the latter two niches. Between the two, I'd probably go with Shinji/EVA-01, since Gurren Lagaan is frequently associated with Studio Trigger, and we already have 3 fighters representing that studio (including a rep from an anime that aired before Studio Trigger officially broke off from Gainax). Also, an Evangelion rep would fill the seinen anime/manga niche as well. Of course, the EVA rep doesn't have to be Shinji - Rei and Asuka are also perfectly viable (similarly, we probably may need to replace Kamina with either Rossiu or Viral as the second Gurren Lagaan pilot depending on what point in the Gurren Lagaan timeline this game chooses to represent, considering Kamina's death in episode 8).

Last edited:

Courageous Baka

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if anyone's still in the mood for this, but uh... how about this for an Opening Theme? There would be an original opening cutscene similar to what Tatsunoko vs. Capcom had, too.

Edit: If not that one, then maybe this one from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is more fitting. https://youtu.be/FxyPGSyl8dg?si=UNNh6LGi8iDfzQLj

Last edited:

Courageous Baka

Smash Apprentice
Originally considered submitting "Cutie" Honey Kisaragi, but assuming someone else would do that later, I decided to go for an another 1970's magical girl before Usagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon) even existed, or in this case, an alien princess.

Job #34: New Magical Girl Fighter - Lum Invader

Lum Invader is the deuteragonist and female protagonist of the romantic comedy/slice-of-life manga franchise Urusei Yatsura, which was written and illustrated by Rumiko Takahashi for Shogakukan in 1978, focusing on a un-lucky teenage boy, Ataru Moroboshi, after he was randomly chosen by an alien race known as the Oni, who arrived on Earth to invade the planet by giving humans a chance to fight for it's rights by taking part in a tag-like competition, facing against the alien leader's daughter, Princess Lum herself, who he accidentaly proposed to, after winning a competition (having promised to Shinobu Miyake earlier), making her fall completely in love with him, even though she often violently electrocutes him whenever he flirts with another girl or insults her.

Urusei Yatsura sold about over 35 million copies in circulation and even received the 1980 Shogakukan Manga Award, making it one of the highest selling mangas of all time. It's first anime adaptation in 1981 has been credited for introducing the format of using pop songs as opening and closing themes in anime shows, alongside four theatrical films. It pretty much launched Takahashi's career, leading into other creations such as Ranma ½ (which we already have represented in a roster) and Inuyasha themselves (like how Dr. Slump started Toriyama's success and creation of Dragon Ball). It even influenced multiple other "geek gets girl" works including Tenchi Muyo! and Love Hina. Lum herself is so pretty popular that she even has her own life-size bronze statue erected at Ōizumi-gakuen Station in 2015 and appeared in clips of Matthew Sweet's music video "I've Been Waiting". A new anime reboot series has recently aired on Fuji TV in October 14th, 2022, about forty-one/41 years after the original's premiere.

In Anime FighterZ, Lum is capable of utilizing her powers of flight (able to soar in the air for a short period of time) and electricity (charging herself with electricity to shoot lightning bolts, fly either forward or diagonally upwards inside an electric aura to tackle her opponent and send out multiple super-charged shocks around herself by storing big amounts of electricity as her body glows blue/gold before shouting her signature "DARLING NO... BAKA!!!" aloud in one of her Level 1 super moves, working similarly to Thor's Mighty Tornado and Chun-Li's Kikosho). She can also increase her teeth and horns' size for stronger melee attacks (besides slaps/kicks regularly and pulling maces, axes, giant hammers or throwable chairs out of nowhere), heal herself with those same horns, summon her cousin Ten, who breathes fire in-front of her and even make use of her inventions/devices such as creating illusions to trick an opponent, bring inanimate objects or plants to life, use a supernova's subspace fragment as a detonating bomb, change the direction of gravity with G-Con, lock them in subspace, use electric dolls to cause them pain by attaching into their head, briefly increase her attack damage via strength pills, etc.
You have no idea how awesome you are for recommending Lum and making ideas for her moveset.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Not sure if anyone's still in the mood for this, but uh... how about this for an Opening Theme? There would be an original opening cutscene similar to what Tatsunoko vs. Capcom had, too.

Edit: If not that one, then maybe this one from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is more fitting. https://youtu.be/FxyPGSyl8dg?si=UNNh6LGi8iDfzQLj
Hello! I guess if there is enough interest I can try continue this (I personally did concepts for the movesets of Devilman, Cutie Honey, Mazinger and Akko at least and I kinda wanted to share them), the OP of tatsunoko vs. capcom is very rad too.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
MAZINGER Z MOVESET
1702677687544.png
Special Skill: Mazin Power
What it truly is Mazin Power varies between versions but is in general alongside Photon Energy one of the main power source of Mazinger Z. Here we are taking different versions of Z in account (thought the original Toei version is the base) including even Mazinkaiser that it is most of the time a different robot from Mazinger but we are taking a little of him for this variation of the Mazin Power.

Using the Special button allows Mazinger to use the powerful Mazin Moves, stronger versions of his special moves; thought when Mazinger is in low health the fighting spirit of Kouji Kabuto ignites inside the cockpit of the Pilder and this attacks transforms into the definitive version of his moves, you must use the command required for all special moves with the exception of one.

Additional note, Mazinger Z has the trait of Giant Fighter, meaning he is one of the largest characters in the roster. This translates in gameplay to not being able to use assists but having a larger pool of health and high endurance; thought his size makes crouching completely unviable for dodge attacks being his crouch size near the same as Jotaro standing, being jumping the only option for him to avoid attacks. Also his super moves are labeled Level 1, 3 and 5 since it doesn't have other allies to begin with.
MOVESINPUTDESCRIPTION
Rocket Punch​
236 + X​
Mazinger fires his fist straight to the opponent piercing the whole screen after coming back to his arm. Note that while the attack is quite slow and Mazinger himself can't move during the attack, it's one of the most damaging normal projectiles specially with his Heavy version; the Enforced Rocket Punch (is mostly just an aesthetic change, but it also ignores a lot more of projectiles than the regular, even piercing super projectiles). The light version makes Mazinger crouch so the attack isn't just duckable (thought some small sized characters can duck this version too).
Iron Cutter​
236 + S
(low health, Air OK)​
In his last stand, Mazinger fires the strongest version of his Rocket Punch enhanced with a pair of blades at its sides that cuts over anything. Asides of the regular increase in damage the Iron Cutter is also a lot faster than the Rocket Punch and completely ignores counterattacks.
Mazin Kick​
236 + X
(on air)​
On air, Mazinger does a regular diving kick, thought when impacting in the floor it leaves debris that can deal damage to the enemy.
Rust Hurricane​
214 + X​
Z expells a corrosive poison in the form of compressed air so strong that it blows away the opponents. The corrosive properties of the move are interpreted here as a small vulnerability status for the opponent, thought the move itself doesn't do too much damage..
Rust Tornado​
214 + S
(low health)​
Borrowed from Mazinkaiser, in his last stand, Z's Rust Hurricane becomes the Rust Tornado. So powerful that even those fighters labeled in the heavy weight class are pulled away from him, unlike Rust Hurricane, the damage is significant.
Breast Fire​
623 + X​
One of the most iconic moves of Mazinger, Z charges a high amount of heath in the red plates of his chest and shoots it like a powerful beam. This move can be angled with the different buttons for a powerful anti-air.
Fire Blaster​
623 + S
(low health)​
Also from Mazinkaiser, in his last stand, Mazinger use the almighty Breast Burn that its nearly a super move; Z moves the beam from the ground to the air in a 60° arc covering most of his frontal space. The move mantains the same speed of the regular Breast Fire so at least if you are quick enough you can try to avoid it standing close to Z or jumping and airdashing in he exact moment.
Photon Power Beam​
S
(Air OK)​
Z fires concentrades photon beams from his eyes, while not too much damaging and its mostly just for jumping opponents is the fastests projectile of Mazinger (even comparing it with Iron Cutter). The attack itself doesn't upgrade during Mazin Power, but it increase it's natural damage.
Scrander Cut
(Lvl. 1)​
236 + XX​
Z calls to the Scrander, an additional devices that allows Mazinger to fly. Then he flies backwards and comes back quickly ramming at high speed through the rival, ramming again in the opposite direction to go back to his side of the screen; the size of Z makes this attack practically undodgable unless the opponent actually flies.
Dynamic
Combination

(Lvl. 3)​
214 + XX​
With an animation nearly at the same level of a regular Lvl 3; Mazinger starts an all-out attack using the Scrander attacking the opponent with a barrage of Southern Crosses, Drill Missiles, and Photon Power Beams. Finishing with Tetsuya and his Great Mazinger appearing out of nowhere in a small cameo attacking the opponent with the Mazinger Blade and both using their Breast Fire and Breast Burn. Surprisingly the attack isn't an instant kill and the opponent survives if it is at full health; thought depending of the opponent those with the lowest health and defense would see how they lost half their life in a blink. Note that if you block the first attack in the combination all the super stops.
Big Bang Punch
(Lvl. 5)​
All Buttons Pressed​
While the name comes from the version of Shin Mazinger, this attack merges it with the atack of the Infinity movie. Z starts firing an Iron Cutter that if connects starts an animation where Kouji calls the Mazinger army to unleash all the Rocket Punches they have, sooner than later the whole sky is covered in fists of metal that rams through the opponent without mercy. Then the output of Mazin Power of Z reaches to the maximum and starts to shine; all the Rocket Punches flies around Mazinger merging with it transforming itself into a gigantic golden Rocket Punch that punches the opponent through the skies.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
While I said I have more movesets concepts done, I'll just post this one before doing a proper reactivation announcement.
CUTIE HONEY MOVESET
1702939600173.png
Special Skill: Airborne Element Fixing Device
While sometimes she uses a different thing like Re:Cutie Honey with the I-System, most of the time the android Honey Kisaragi uses the Airborne Element Fixing Device to absorb the oxygen of her surrounders to literally "create things out of thin air", including her transformation into Cutie Honey.

In the show the transformation of Cutie Honey is temporal, highlighted with her clothes, that, well, shrinks. Here while Honey mantains in her hero form for all the match, she can get low on energy for a moment (where her clothes does shrinks but in "Smash Bayonetta" levels); this works similar to Sin's Stamina meter, depleting with special moves but quickly recovering using the Special button; while requiring a meter to do the most basic actions sounds awful, Honey gets plenty of buffs if she manages it correctly since increasing the gauge not only allows you to use your moves, but also gives her a damage and defense increase and allows most of her moves to cancel between each other, with a full-gauge Honey being incredibly thought for a character whose archetype is better descripted as "glass cannon".
MOVESINPUTDESCRIPTION
Honey Boomerang​
236 + X
(Air OK)​
Honey's proyectile attack, it has a different angle depending of the button used but it does bare damage and is more useful as a way to push a little the opponent or cut weak proyectiles, at least consumes very little of the AFED gauge.
Lightning Shower​
214 + X​
Honey thrust her sword at high speed, mashing increases the duration of the attack but it also consumes more energy.
Honey Typhoon​
623 + X​
Honey propels herself with her sword spinning it to form a tornado that elevates her while attacking.
Cutie Power Drop​
63214 + X​
Honey grabs the opponet and does a German suplex to them, the strong version makes Honey spin to change the direction of the attack.
Sometimes I am...​
22 + X​
Honey transforms intto one of 4 different costumes, depending of the costume she does a special attack.
  • Light: Use the Nurse Honey disguise to throw a vaccine that poisons the opponent.
  • Medium: Use the Photographer Honey disguise to use her camera to stun the enemy.
  • Strong: Use the Knight Honey disguise to attack the opponent with a heavy broadsword.
  • Special: Use the Bunny Honey costume to do a flying kick in a diagonal-upwards direction.
Onegai
Assist Button​
Honey appears and does a pose that makes the opponent regardless their genre or orientation getting distracted by her figure, stunning for a brief time.
Lightning Lancer
(Lvl. 1)​
236 + XX (Air OK)​
Honey transforms her rapier into a powerful spear that pierce the opponent ignoring all defenses.
Honey Flash!
(Lvl. 2)​
214 + XX, then A, B, C, S, B, C, 236 + S​
Honey shines and rush to the opponent to attack them, then starts to do a Deadly Rave-style (or more like Psychic 9 style?) attack using different costumes in each attack finishing with a random special final attack (thought all of them does the same damage) turning back to normal after another flash.
Warrior of Love
(Lvl. 3)​
All Buttons Pressed​
Honey kicks the opponent starting a sequence where she presents herself using multiple of her suits, "Sometimes a charming biker, sometime a brave nurse...", attacking the enemy during her presentation; then all the different Honeys turns into one, "Stars in the Sky, Flowers on the Earth, Love for the Humans, Warrior of Love, Cutie Honey!"; finishing with a shower of thrust to the enemy that makes the enemy explode.

Last edited:

Courageous Baka

Smash Apprentice
Well I ain't completely starting yet but I would like to casually ask how would you like this thread to proceed? Which jobs should be priorized or would be cool to see?
Not entirely sure what would be best, but as a recommendation, maybe a light novel character (ex. Kirito, Asuna, Shana, etc.) or Tatsunoko (ex: Ken the Eagle, Yatterman-1, Casshern) character would be cool. I unfortunately cannot contribute as well as others, though.

By the way, I saw you liked the Tatsunoko theme, but I was wondering if this one from Namco X Capcom might be even better for an opening. Just thinking about if this was an opening for real, we would have more sequences to have many characters show up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBH-zPH9mWc

Inspired by the canon teams in KOF and the structure of DBFZ's Arcade Mode, this Arcade Mode could probably have you fight against some themed teams, but you still get to choose which battles to take as described in the first post.

Team examples...

• It's a Rumic World! (Rumiko Takahashi characters) - Inuyasha, Ranma, Lum

• Friendship, Effort, and Victory (WSJ's 3 biggest protagonists) - Goku, Luffy, Naruto

• The Universe's Greatest Swordsmen (iconic
swordfighters) - Zoro, Guts, Ichigo

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Thought giant characters cannot have team fighters in that game, which speaking of, I do think another joining Mazinger on the roster wouldn't hurt. While I'm not against Evangelion, I wasn't planning to bring it up for that prompt since pilots seems to be the series' central focus over their mechs, though they can summon/use them in certain attacks like probably Char Aznable with his own.

There's also some parts from the "animanga" industry like Baka said; Tatsunoko itself, light novels (Slayers in example), Shotaro Ishinomori, Studio Ghibli (Nausicaa or San fighting with Moro like Galford) and another certain 1950's mangaka besides Tezuka (has been in my plans for a long time, hence above). Harlock would also work with Galaxy Express 999 being already the stage.

EDIT: For Ken the Eagle, I would personally see him with his TvC or Tatsunoko Fight moveset while also summoning other Science Ninja Team members a la Captain Commando in Marvel vs. Capcom (maybe a Special Skill with Joe and Jun using one of their own moves from the former game when appearing respectively?), and for his Level 3/Destructive Finish Super, them using the God Phoenix to fire out Bird Missiles (they were said to be able to level cities, hence the latter term) and then finish with a Firebird form.

Last edited:

Courageous Baka

Smash Apprentice
Thought giant characters cannot have team fighters in that game, which speaking of, I do think another joining Mazinger on the roster wouldn't hurt. While I'm not against Evangelion, I wasn't planning to bring it up for that prompt since pilots seems to be the series' central focus over their mechs, though they can summon/use them in certain attacks like probably Char Aznable with his own.

There's also some parts from the "animanga" industry like Baka said; Tatsunoko itself, light novels (Slayers in example), Shotaro Ishinomori, Studio Ghibli (Nausicaa or San fighting with Moro like Galford) and another certain 1950's mangaka besides Tezuka (has been in my plans for a long time, hence above). Harlock would also work with Galaxy Express 999 being already the stage.
Oh, so it's exactly like the giant fighters in Tatsunoko where they couldn't have teammates. I was thinking they just couldn't use assists here. I see. I see. Thank you for the correction.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
More jobs based on companies are in my plans and I will look forward for Tatsunoko because Im definitively interesed too, Light Novels would also be a good pick, maybe we can also do a job specific for Giant Fighters could be used.

I had an idea once of a "toy anime" job, where characters from series like Yu-Gi-Oh!, Bakugan, Beyblade and others could be include, maybe upgrading it to a general kodomo job? Thought probably that would mean that there it should be allowed add shows that weren't born as animanga (like Digimon that started with those tamagotchis iirc), more demography based jobs could happen if thats the case (thought not sure enough if made one for Shonen, when there are so many that technically you can bring one series for most jobs).

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, it's time to try to revive this thing, first for all since it was a long time since the start of the thread, I'll try to resume what we have for the moment:

Characters:
SON GOKU
NARUTO
ASTRO BOY
SAILOR MOON
LUFFY
JOTARO
DORAEMON
LUPIN III
DEVILMAN
MAZINGER Z
CHAR
GUTS
KENSHIRO
RANMA
RYUKO
AKKO
PANTY/STOCKING
TETSUO
EREN
VEGETA
ZORO
MADOKA
LUM
HONEY
POPUKO/PIPIMI
YOTSUBA
VASH
INUYASHA
SPIKE
ICHIGO
TANJIRO
LIGHT

Of these characters...
  • ...3 characters (Astro Boy, Doraemon, Lupin) are prior to the 70's, being the oldest characters in the roster.
    • Meanwhile the 70's and 2000's have 5 reps (of the 70's: Devilman, Mazinger Z, Cutie Honey, Char, Lum; of the 2000's: Lelouch, Eren, Yotsuba, Ichigo, Light).
    • The 80's, 90's and 2010's 6 reps each one (80's has: Goku, Vegeta, Jotaro, Kenshiro, Guts, Ranma, Tetsuo, 90s has: Naruto, Luffy, Zoro, Sailor Moon, Vash, Inuyasha, Spike; and of the 2010's: Ryuko, Akko, Panty & Stocking, Popupo & Pipimi, Madoka, Tanjiro).
      • The lastest character so far is Tanjiro, debuting in 2016.
  • ...9 characters (Sailor Moon, Cutie Honey, Ryuko, Akko, Panty & Stocking, Popupo & Pipimi, Lum, Madoka, Yotsuba) are female.
    • Technically we have 10 counting female Ranma and 12 if you count the duo characters as two different entities.
  • ...11 characters (Goku, Vegeta, Luffy, Zoro, Naruto, Ichigo, Tanjiro, Light, Mazinger Z*, Kenshiro, Jotaro) were published in the Shonen Jump.
    • *Note that Mazinger Z was also published in Kodansha and its rights are held by Dynamic Planning.
  • ...7 characters (Ryuko, Akko, Panty & Stocking, Madoka, Popuko & Pipimi, Spike) are original anime characters without a manga adaptation prior.
  • ...18 characters (Goku, Vegeta, Luffy, Zoro, Naruto, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutie Honey, Char, Ichigo, Tanjiro, Kenshiro, Ranma, Akko, Lelouch, Eren, Lum, Inuyasha, Light) are part of the Shonen demography. Covering more than a half of the current roster.
    • As a reminder the Shonen demography is aimed for boys around 9 to 18 years and doesn't reflect an specific genre.
    • Some characters like Devilman and Cutie Honey haves multiple reincarnations with most of them (coincidentely the most populars) are of a different demography, however the list only takes their first installment for the comparison.
  • ...there are 3 bosses (Pluto, Freezer, Charlotte), all of them have a playable counterpart (Astro Boy, Goku, Madoka).
Stages:
SHIBUYA
PLANET NAMEK
KONOHAGAKURE
METRO CITY
MOON KINGDOM
THOUSAND SUNNY
DIO'S CASTLE
CASTLE OF CAGLIOSTRO
SPACE COLONY
WORLD OF C
SPACE LAND
BATH HOUSE
CATBUS
NEO-TOKYO
HONNOJI ACADEMY
LUNA NOVA
WMA TOURNAMENT
FOOSHA VILLAGE
WITCHES LABRYRINTH
POLICE STATION
THE WASTELANDS
SHINIGASHINA DISTRICT
DATEN CITY
THE SCRAPYARD
HUECO MUNDO

Of these stages...
  • ...6 stages (Shibuya, Bath House, Catbus, 999, Police Station, Scrapyard) doesn't have any characters of their own.
    • Shibuya is an original stage that doesn't mean to have any proper character at all, so properly there are only 5 stages from a franchise that lacks a character in the roster.
  • ...8 stages (Shibuya, Metro City, Neo Tokyo, Space Colony, The Wastelands, Shinigashina District, Daten City, Scrapyard) takes place in a city/urbanization.
  • ...9 stages (Planet Namek, Moon Kingdom, Space Colony, World of C, Space Land, Bath House, 999, Witches Labyrinth, Hueco Mundo) takes place outside Earth.
    • Of these: Planet Namek, Moon Kingdom, Space Colony, Space Land and 999 are from outer space; meanwhile World of C, Bath House, Witches Labyrinth and Hueco Mundo are alternative dimensions/realms.
The next post will add the next job.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
NEW JOB: SUBMIT A CHARACTER FROM THE 2000'S!
1703299585861.png
I think that the best option to revive this thread is with a character job that can give a big amount of options so anyone can come with an idea to propose, and the decade-based jobs where proven in the past to drag a notorious amount of submissions so I think this can work fine as a new selection. The 2000s were a decade of new classics with lots of popular characters starting in this years, take for examples:

HARUHI SUZUMIYA
(The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
SIMON THE DIGGER
(Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
EDWARD ELRIC
(Fullmetal Alchemist)
SAKATA GINTOKI
(Gintama)
MAKA ALBARN
(Soul Eater)
1703299986486.png
1703300147971.png
1703300334857.png
1703300504306.png
1703300595641.png
Again this are just examples and you can either submit them or submit a different character!

Reminder that for submit a character you can just post the character name, franchise and provide an image; preferable thought you can add additional explanation of who they are, how they play and/or why you think they should be here. It was previously statled that amount of characters from repeated franchises would be as little as possible so for the moment you can't submit a character from series of the 2000's that already has a character in the roster like Code Geass or Bleach, but don't worry that more soon than later a new job made specially for them will arrive!

The submission period doesn't have a definitive deadline, but most likely will remain open after the holidays.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
2000's Fighter - Natsu Dragneel

• Series: Fairy Tail
  • Original Publisher: Kodansha
  • Character Theme: Natsu's Theme
  • First Appearance:
    • Manga - The Fairy's Tail (Chapter 1; August 2th, 2006)
    • Anime - The Fairy Tail (Episode 1; October 12th, 2009)
Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel is the main protagonist of a manga franchise Fairy Tail, created by Hiro Mashima and published for Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine from August 2th, 2006 to July 26th, 2017. He is a half-human/Etherious member and mage of the eponymous wizard guild (having joined for it's popularity despite their tendency to cause unintentional property damage in the Kingdom of Fiore), as he, Lucy Heartfilia and their team search the world of Earth Land together to find his missing adoptive father, a gigantic dragon called Igneel, thus possessing pyrokinetic abilities as a Dragon Slayer who were sent to the future from four hundred years past.

Fairy Tail has been adapted into an anime series, which was broadcast in Japan on TV Tokyo for nearly a whole decade, from October 12th, 2009 to September 29th, 2019, with about nine OVAs and two animated theatrical films, alongside a prequel (Zero) and sequel (100 Years Quest) written by Mashima himself. The original manga itself has sold over 72 million copies in print, thus becoming one of the best-selling mangas of all time and achieved amounts of merchandise, besides top placements in character popularity polls.

In Anime FighterZ, for his playstyle, Natsu is a versatile fighter who makes use of his swift agility, strong melee attacks and Fire Dragon Slayer magic by consuming fire itself and then utilizing it in various forms/methods (see above in a link) both offensively and defensively, able to power up his attacks (punches/kicks with Fire Dragon's Iron Fist and Claw respectively), spewing flames from his mouth (signature Fire Dragon's Roar), coat himself in flames as he spirals like a drill (Fire Dragon's Sword Horn), create sweeping waves (Wing Attack) and many other ways. He can also charge himself with an electrical aura to achieve Lightning Fire Dragon Mode for enhancing his special moves in order to perform more powerful fire/lightning-fused techniques, though for his super attacks (with Crimson Lotus: Exploding Lightning Blade being a example), he will attain the Fire Dragon King Mode as a install state with much stronger moves than LFDM's, and Dragon Force being used in a cinematic Destructive Finish super.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Well I was supossing someone else was going to pull him so I guess I'll end being the one.

SIMON THE DIGGER FROM TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN
The young boy who started mining underground and ended piercing the heavens. From the bombastic mecha show produced for Gainax and currently at the hands of Studio Trigger, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is one of the most popular series out there, and while I know some other people would prefer Kamina or the older Simon, I personally think the young boy is the best candidate, since he can mount Lagann for combat while also using the combination of Gurren Lagann and the help of his friends in hisspecials.

Courageous Baka

Smash Apprentice
So he'd be a giant fighter like Mazinger Z, but with summons as well?
Well I was supossing someone else was going to pull him so I guess I'll end being the one.

SIMON THE DIGGER FROM TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN
The young boy who started mining underground and ended piercing the heavens. From the bombastic mecha show produced for Gainax and currently at the hands of Studio Trigger, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is one of the most popular series out there, and while I know some other people would prefer Kamina or the older Simon, I personally think the young boy is the best candidate, since he can mount Lagann for combat while also using the combination of Gurren Lagann and the help of his friends in hisspecials.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Light & Ryuk (Death Note)

Iconic series that should probably be represented in some way, Moveset may be a challenge but between both characters there is probably a decent and unique way to do it.
I will resubmit Light & Ryuk

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Light won the last job alongside Ichigo and Tanjiro!
My bad, didnt realize some of the series in the 1st image for the job post were already in, should have double checked the roster. Will nominate the below instead.

Maka Albarn (Soul Eater)

A lot of good nominees already, maybe Soul Eater can sneak in. Havent read/watched the series itself but heard good things & think the series itself could standout a bit on our roster.

Courageous Baka

Smash Apprentice
Oh crack I frogot to vote on the available choices.

Ok, so...

1. Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
2. Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
3. Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Voting hasn't even started yet, and those in a job/prompt post were only examples for fighter submissions (with Haruhi and Gintoki not being submitted).

Courageous Baka

Smash Apprentice
Voting hasn't even started yet, and those in a job/prompt post were only examples for fighter submissions (with Haruhi and Gintoki not being submitted).
Got it. Got it. I’m sorry. I’m still kinda getting used to how this all works. Well, in that case, I’ll do a quick submission or two when I get the chance, since there weren’t really a lot this time. Gotta keep this all going 'til the end.

Last edited:

Courageous Baka

Smash Apprentice
HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER WITH A SILVER SOUL, GINTOKI SAKATA
1704032313039.png

• Series: Gintama
  • Original Publisher: Shueisha
  • Character Theme: Pray (Gintama)
  • First Appearance:
    • Manga - Lesson 001. Nobody with Naturally Wavy Hair can be That Bad (December 8, 2003)
    • Anime - Episode 001. You Guys!! Do You Even Have a Gintama? (April 4, 2006)
Summary: Gintoki Sakata is the protagonist of Gintama, a manga written and illustrated by mangaka Hideaki Sorachi and published by Shueisha for Weekly Shonen Jump magazine before moving to Jump Giga and the Gintama app for its last years of publication. Gintama is set in alternate version of Japan's Edo period, in which extraterrestrial beings known as the Amanto conquered Japan and reshaped its government and technology. While heavily gag-focused with self-contained stories most of the time, Gintama occasionally engages in serious story arcs which feature the intense battles and dramatic moments battle shonen are known for. Gintoki is a 27-year old samurai trying to survive the daily trials that life throws at him and pay his monthly rent on time. He leads "Yorozuya Gin-chan," a freelance company that presents itself as a group of jack-of-all trades workers capable of handling various odd jobs.

Gintoki, on the offset, appears to be a lazy manchild who’d rather sleep around, eat a nice parfait, read Weekly Shonen Jump, and spend all his money on pachinko machines rather than do anything productive. However, unbeknownst to many, Gintoki is a skilled and fearsome samurai capable of annihilating an entire fleet of Amanto in the blink of an eye singe-handedly. For his ferocity and demonic-like fighting style, he was given the epithet "White Yaksha" during the Joui War, a war between the invading Amanto and the remaining samurai that occurred decades before the present time in Gintama.

True to his profession, Gintoki is a jack-of-all trades character in Anime FighterZ. His bokuto (wooden sword) gives him a good mix of range and speed to fight with his opponents in close-quarters, he can close the distance quickly by riding on his moped (and he has the option to combine it with a bokuto slash to deal damage). He also makes use of various projectiles such as Justaways (small toy-looking objects that are actually dangerous bombs), the Kamehameha, and even throwing his bokuto. He can chow down on either a parfait or the Uji Gintoki-don (a bowl consisting of a large helping of steamed rice topped with sweet red bean paste) to regain health, and if used as an assist, it gives his opponent extra meter (think of Morrigan's Dark Harmonizer assist in MVC3). For some of his supers, Gintoki will pull out a real katana and deliver a flurry of slashes with both it and his bokuto at once, or he can ride his friend/daughter figure Kagura's pet dog Sadaharu to charge into the opponent

Gintama is also well-known for its frequent fourth-wall breaking jokes and references to other media, akin to Kid Icarus: Uprising and Deadpool stories. So imagine Gintoki getting to interact with other fighters and the player themselves about different series, game mechanics, and player performance. He might bring up that one time he used Mugetsu to Ichigo, remark on Zoro being similar to his rival Toushiro Hijikata due to their shared voice actor, compare Lum to Kagura, or maybe even ask the player to let him sit out of the next fight and just pick someone else to play with.

Last edited:

Courageous Baka

Smash Apprentice
HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER, ASUNA YUUKI

1704138743229.png

• Series: Sword Art Online
  • Original Publisher: ASCII Media Works (Publishing Company) / Dengeki Bunko (Publishing Imprint)
  • Character Theme: Crossing Field (Sword Art Online)
  • First Appearance:
    • Novel - Volume 1: Sword Art Online 1: Aincrad, Chapter 5 (April 10, 2009)
    • Manga - Aincrad Manga Stage.001 (September 27, 2012)
    • Anime - Episode 001. The World of Swords (July 7, 2012)

While Kirito probably makes more sense, due to him being the general protagonist of Sword Art Online, Asuna is about equal, or even superior to him, in terms of popularity when compared to him or even other SAO characters. She's another female fighter, too, which is always good to have. She'd fight similarly to how she does in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, where she's a speedy and commanding swordfighter able to lay on pressure and close distance like no tomorrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom