• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime FighterZ: An Anime & Manga Fighting Game!

Should we allow additional reps for a same series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
RYUKO MATOI MOVESET
1674170528217.png
Special Skill: Before My Body is Dry
The name reference the insert song of the series, thought we are talking about Senketsu this time. Senketsu is Ryuko's partner and clothes; he looks like a living sailor uniform but is way more than that, being a Kamui (a robe enterily made of Life Fibers, an amazing material that drastically enhance the user's abilities) when he is used by Ryuko she can use him to transform into a quite lewd but extremly strong armor. The counterpoint is that Senketsu requires Ryuko's blood to work so she requires to finish the fights soon or she will run out of it and faint.

Using the Special button makes Senketsu transform into her armor form, is very similar to Goku in the sense that is an install but instead of a different meter it uses your health, you don't lose all your health actually, instead it's transformed into gray health that it can be recovered back when switching characters or using certain moves. Anyway you must need to know how to manage your health unless you want to die by your own hand. In Armor mode Ryuko's run is swapped by a diagonal airdash (think in Morrigan and Izayoi's Scarlet Justice mode), can dash-cancel her attacks and have access to additional special moves.

MOVESINPUTDESCRIPTION
Scissor Blade: Frenzy​
236 + X​
Ryuko's rekka starter, she does a quick slash with her Scissor Blade.
Scissor Blade: Shear​
236 + X (during Frenzy)​
Ryuko follow ups with a spin slash, cross-ups with the opponent.
Scissor Blade: Tackle​
214 + X (during Frenzy)​
Ryuko attacks with a shoulder bash, pressing the button again performs a second slash that push the opponent away.
Scissor Blade: Payback​
22 + X (during Frenzy)​
Ryuko does an axe kick inflicting hard knockback to the opponent.
Scissor Blade: Uppercut​
623 + X​
Ryuko's shoryuken, works has your standard DP but with Scissor Blade's range.
Scissor Blade: Slash Wave​
214 + X​
Ryuko smashes the ground with her Scissor Blade and creates a shockwave that travels has a grounded projectile.
Scissor Blade: Home Run​
63214 + X​
Ryuko does a wide, slow but strong attack with her Scissor Blade that blows the opponent to the other side of the screen.
Senketsu Senjin​
236 + S (Armor ON)​
Senketsu transforms into the Senjin mode and multiple spikes and blades appears in the armor that Ryuko uses to does a barrage of slashes through the enemy. Use a 5% of health.
Senketsu Mubouyoshi​
213 + S (Armor ON)​
Ryuko adopts a pose and she counters the next attack, unlike most counters this also works has a reflector. Use a 10% of health.
Senketsu Shippu​
623 + S (Armor ON)​
Senketsu transforms into Shippu mode and flies diagonally upwards at great velocity damaging the opponent. Use a 10% of health.
Scissor Blade: Clever
Assist Button​
Ryuko appears and does multiple slashes forwards.
Decapitation Mode
(Lvl. 1)​
236 + XX​
A giant slash that triggers a small animation of the opponent exploding with the kanjis of FIBER LOST appearing in red in the screen while Ryuko recovers most of her grey health (and in the case that she doesn't have grey health at all, it will heal her a bit).
Senjin Shippu
(Lvl. 2)​
214 + XX (Air OK)​
Combinating Senketsu Senjin and Senketsu Shippu creates this powerful transformation, Ryuko also makes use of the other half of her Scissor Blade and in combination she does a quick shredding attack to the opponent slashing them in the air.
Berserker Mode
(Lvl. 2)
214 + XX (25% health or less)
Ryuko goes crazy and for a brief time she transforms into her Berserker mode, functionally working the same has Senjin Shippu and dealing the same damage but this time doing a gorier attack against the opponent leaving the screen in bloody red when she explodes and goes back to normal.
Senketsu Kisaragi
(Lvl. 3)​
All Buttons Pressed​
Ryuko does an attack similar to Decapitation Mode, if connects she does a (toned down in comparison to the anime due restrictions) sequence transformation where she goes to her final form: Senketsu Kisaragi and actives the Double Edge Decapitation Mode destroying the opponent in a similar way to how her destroyed the Life Fiber Cocoon.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I also want to quickly submit my own character, Honey Kisaragi from Cutie Honey!
1674256061716.png
While there are multiple versions of Cutie Honey around (being different adaptations of the original story of Go Nagai AFAIK), all of them usually have the same background of her being an android that can materalize things out of thin air with nanotechnology apart of having multiple transformations that change her outfit to a motorbiker, a singer, a flight attendant, a cameraman, a model and her main one being Cutie Honey the swordwielding heroine. Being one of the very firsts magical girls out there that helped to build the genre I think she should be here, especially since with her all three main Go Nagai works would be here!

D

Deleted member

fea63ca33deaf601c7486bb83830ae63b2338a0br1-720-1008v2_uhq.jpg

Utena Tenjou

From Revolutionary Girl Utena, an iconic and influential anime series. An orphan who wishes to be a Prince, and who gets into sword duels with a mysterious figure known as the Rose Bride. She'd be a more traditional sword fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
In fact Sakura was already submited, but she said that doesn't really care so I guess these will be the 8 characters of this time, it's time to vote!
  1. Blossom & Marine
  2. Honey
  3. Lum
Due time restrictions I will post the next jobs until tomorrow

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, sorry, I said that I was going to publish the jobs "tomorrow" but this week started the real deal with my college so I didn't had the time until today. I will also mention the winners rn.
HERE ARE THE NEW CHALLENGERS!

The winners of this round are Madoka Kaname, Lum the Invader and an unknown third challenger!
For the first time in this thread, we have a draw! This would be hard, so it's time to decide who would be the third character, Cure Blossom and Cure Marine from HeartCatch PreCure! or Honey Kisaragi from Cutie Honey? Vote HERE to know the answer!

Now, it's time for the jobs!

JOB #35 - SUBMIT COLLECTABLES FROM MAGICAL GIRL SERIES!
The usual, you can submit figurines or panels, any of the both work fine.

JOB #36 - SUBMIT A BOSS FOR USAGI!
Since we end adopting Perkilator Perkilator concept for a story mode with 4 different routes, one of them is for Usagi the Sailor Moon, so I guess this new boss job should be about a boss for that route! This doesn't mean that the character must be from Sailor Moon, it can be from any series if you have a justification for that.

JOB #37 - LET'S MAKE AN INTRODUCTION CHAPTER!
Talking about the story mode, we will also do the first episode of this mode! While I don't know how much attraction would the story jobs have at least I want to do this, you can leave some things blank since we are still lacking 2 bosses apart of, of course, the rest of the roster. If your script wins you can also do without problem future updates if you want to include things that where added later.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job #36: Sailor Moon route boss
I'm going to quote another user's idea for this one:
Job #10: Charlotte (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
Anime Debut: "I'm Not Afraid of Anything Anymore" (January 20th, 2011)

Charlotte is one the witches from the mind screwy magical girl anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica, She is a witch who loves sweets and also loves creating infinite amounts of any dessert (except her favorite, cheese.), In her debut episode, Mami tries to fight off her, but Charlotte transforms into her caterpillar form, decapitating her. Causing Homura to step in and defeat Charlotte by herself. Her boss moveset will contain her using her minions to attack, after you defeat her minions, she begins to use dessert-themed attacks. Once you send her health halfway down, her final boss phase begins, as she'll begin to transform into her caterpillar form, slithering around the arena and trying to chomp you.
Job #37: Introduction Chapter
You would play through four separate fights, one per main character. Each fight has you seeing how each character reacts to what just happened around them in the new world. Again, here's my proposal for the Story Mode as a whole:
Job #22: Story Mode

Countless worlds have been destroyed, only for them to be reborn into one new world, with everyone's memories of their original worlds replaced with those of the new reality. Only precious few, heroes and villains alike, were able to retain their true memories and now find themselves in a world ruled by a group who calls themselves the Paradox Pantheon. Now, the four heroes who retain their memories of the old world-Goku, Sailor Moon, Astro Boy and Naruto-fight different heroes and villains to stop the Paradox Pantheon and restore the worlds to their former glory.

Similar to J-Stars Victory Vs., the story would be split between the four characters.
  • Goku's story
  • Astro Boy's story
  • Sailor Moon's story
  • Naruto's story
Each character playable here would fight and recruit different characters and each story would end with a particular boss (for example, Goku's story would end with Frieza and Astro Boy's story would end with Pluto). Completing all four of these unlocks the Last Story, where you fight the four previous bosses and then the final boss.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Job #37: I suppose I'll try and just follow Perk's story mode for this.

Goku's story would be the the first episode of the story and it would be about him being confused by the new world around him all while being guided by an original supporting character to help him know all about this new world, how each different power system like ki and chakra for example co-exist together, how many strange people and nations could live together all at once and how the Paradox Pantheon "protected" this world for countless of years.

Goku's role in his story is to basically find out what is really going on but also really wanna fight strong guys as usual. As he fight each hero of the new world, when he defeats them. Their memories of their original world suddenly returned back to them and there was an secret conspiracy unraveling all around them. That the Paradox Pantheon are not actually the saviors as they seemed to be in public.

Near the end after beating up some baddies from the Paradox Pantheon and gathering more heroes at his side. Vegeta would be the sub-boss and worked as a powerful general for the Paradox Pantheon. When Goku defeats him, Vegeta remembered something important and tries to explain to Goku about what actually happened to their world. Only for them to be interrupted by Frieza who easily erase Vegeta's memories with a strange power. For some reason, Goku and three other choosen heroes were immume to this strange power. Frieza basically becomes the boss of Goku's story. After Freiza was beaten and retreated, Goku himself would then discover the shocking truth about everything from the original supporting character...ending this episode with a cliffhanger.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Not submitting a boss for the current prompt/job, but this is probably my first moveset post here (apologizes for not going that far with a Special Skill).

ASTRO BOY'S MOVESET

Special Skill: Scan
As a robot, Astro Boy/Atom is capable of using his sensors to perceive the surroundings around him and determine if people are either good or evil.

In Anime FighterZ, the player can make Atom use a scanning function by pressing their controller's Special button, which makes his eyes flash blue while looking forward. If an opponent is close to him in a very short range (as indicated by a slight blue line), he will decrease their own Special Skill in various ways like removing one of Kenshiro's stars, deplete the part of Goku/Jotaro's respective Ki Meter/Stand Gauge, remove one level of Luffy's Haki and make Lupin's inspector disguise disappear. However, after successfully landing his Special Skill on the opponent, Atom will have a rather long cooldown period to be able to use it again.

MOVESINPUTDESCRIPTION
Air Throw​
6 or 4 + X (Close; Midair)​
As one of the characters who can perform an air throw akin to various characters in Street Fighter, Dead or Alive and Guilty Gear, Atom grabs the opponent mid-air and then quickly spins them around twice before throwing back onto the ground (like in the 1980 anime's third episode).
Digit Beam​
236 + X (Air OK)​
Atom points his finger forward and shoots a long, thin laser beam which reaches across the screen. In the air, Atom will fire dual laser beams diagonally downwards at the ground (reminiscent of the 1980 anime's opening sequence). Does weak damage, but can be extended in succession by pressing three times.
Jet Boost​
Hold X + Any Direction, then Release (Air OK)​
Atom dashes forward with a punch by using rocket boosters on his feet, able to aim the attack in all eight directions similarly to Wolverine's Drill Claw and ricochet off of walls.
Flamethrower​
214 + X​
Atom transforms his arms into rocket jets and then uses them to summon a spreading flame in-front of him (like he did in the original manga), scorching the opponent.
Machine Gun​
214 + X (Midair)​
Atom hovers in-place as he turns around and rapidly shoots out a few bullets diagonally downwards from dual machine guns on his rear.
Rocket Uppercut​
623+ X, then X​
Atom's Shoryuken/DP move, in which he flies straight into the air while performing a whirling uppercut. He can then follow up with either a downwards (Light), horizontal (Medium) or upward-angled (Heavy) strike. If no action is taken, he will simply resume flight (as read below).
Rocket Barrage​
421 + X​
Atom dashes forward while performing a series of punches at the opponent. Pressing the button again during a barrage will make Atom send the opponent airborne with a ending uppercut.
Flight​
22 + X​
Atom uses his signature ability/power of flight by starting up rocket boosters on his feet and jumping up, able to soar freely in the air for a short period of time and attack the opponent before dropping back down.
Searchlight Flash
Assist Button​
Atom appears as he lights up his eyes and then flashes them forward, stunning the opponent within range for a brief time to leave them open for the current player team character's combos.
Energy Cannon
(Lvl. 1)​
236 + XX (Air OK)​
Atom turns his arm into a cannon and then fires out a huge blue energy beam that hits multiple times, able to angle it upwards or downwards (while midair) during the move. Can also be performed in the air as Atom hovers in-place with rocket boosters on his feet.
Jet-Propelled Blitz
(Lvl. 2)​
214 + XX​
Atom performs a powerful uppercut, which sends an opponent into the air. He then flies upwards and boosts/blitzes through them a few times from all directions of the screen before finishing with a downward punch from above that slams them back onto the ground (his usual method of destroying enemies in the series, which even Jetter Mars did), akin to Strider Hiryu's Ragnarok and Spider-Man's Maximum Spider from the Marvel vs. Capcom games.
Mighty Atom-Pummel
(Lvl. 3; Destructive Finish)​
All Buttons Pressed​
Atom activates his rocket boosters and then flies towards the opponent with a tackle. If hit, a cinematic starts where Atom chases after a flying opponent and goes inside the mountain, punching them repeatedly as he drills up and bursts through the top (which will be fully destroyed if Atom uses this Super against giant fighters/bosses like Mazinger Z and Pluto respectively; a clear testament for having 100,000 horsepower or one million after having been upgraded). He then shoots out dual energy beams from both arm cannons to blast off an falling opponent before safely lowering himself back to the ground.

Based on a iconic scene from the original 1963 anime's third opening sequence, which is re-created in his first flight scene from the 2009 CGI movie (especially a punching part and usage of double arm cannons in his fight against Peacekeeper) and partially Doomsday's Super Move in Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Last edited:

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job #35:
1. Homura Akemi (Madoka Magica)
2. Mami Tomoe (Madoka Magica)
3. Sailor Mercury (Sailor Moon)
4. Mamoru Chiba (Sailor Moon)
5. Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura)
6. Ichigo Momomiya (Tokyo Mew Mew)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, first for all, the third challenger from the Magical Girl batch is....
HONEY KISARAGI
We finally have the Go Nagai trio! Congratulations to her fans.

We also have a competetion between 2 bosses, Charlotte (submitted by Perkilator Perkilator and previously by Owen23 Owen23 too) and Queen Beryl submitted by @Darkonedagger, the votations would be made in Strawpoll so go ahead and vote here!

I will also add Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 write up about Goku's first chapter, would like to say that from now you can nominate more chapters of the story freely if you want much like movesets.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Before resuming back to another character job I would like to have a mini-question slash votation. Which of these three jobs would you prefer?

2000's JOB
The decade's jobs tends to have various nominations since it has a very wide selection of characters, I stopped do to them for a while since I was thinking I was doing too much of them but I guess we already added various jobs since the last one so it would be ok.

COMEDY JOB
Last time I asked it seems that this idea was popular, my only problem is that there are tons of series with comedy and define how much of it should have a serie for being considerated would be quite difficult, I could also add the "slice of life" part that is usually included but I think that would be limitting ourselfs too much too.

SHUEISHA JOB
Nobody here wants this roster be flooded by Jump characters (especially since there is already a cool thread about it ran by Soul_of_Xeno Soul_of_Xeno , check it out!) but it would be dump deny that there are A LOT of characters of this company that could be seem "oddly missing" in this roster and I think with a job exclusively for this company would also be cool for make the other future jobs focus more in other franchises. Would also like to notice that I would like to allow Shueisha has a whole and not just the Shonen Jump magazine that everyone knows especially since there are some franchises that are exclusive of the app and things like that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So these 3 are my options for all of you, you can vote for them and discuss if you want to add something or even say another type of job you would like to hear I'm all ears! This time I will probably update tomorrow with the answer (at least that's the idea) so yeah is just that, tell me your opinion!

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I like more 2000's job and Shueisha job,but i don't know which one i need choose

I choose 2000's job because i heard some animes as Fullmetal Alchemist,Shaman King,Inuyasha,Death Note and probably Fooly Cooly

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
I'm going to agree on Spike Spiegel's absence because of a Cowboy Bebop stage, and bring up the fact that Inuyasha actually debuted in 1996 (haven't we done a 1990's job yet, speaking of?).

But anyhow on a primary subject of the current prompt, comedy should go first as Gryff said (bring in goddamn Ryotsu; he counts for both that & Shueisha - if people intend on submitting him, you can ask permission with own edits).

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Wait have we not done a 90s job yet?
Wait really?, I didn't noticed it, sorry everyone for that.

Since I had the wrong number with the decade job while in the end most people agrees with the second option let's take a look to that.

JOB #38 - SUBMIT A COMEDY CHARACTER!
I already explained it sorta before, since I find quite difficult to define the boundaries of what is comedy animanga and what it isn't let's just say that if the comedy is a strong part of the work then it's valid, for put an example:
  • Gintama has action and a quite interesing plot, but it mostly works has a parody to shonen series and rarely takes themselves serious, so it counts.​
  • Chainsaw Man has various funny moments like Kobeni's Car or Aki's "Requiem" but the emphasis goes to the story and in general the seriousness dominates over the silly moments so it wouldn't count.​
I may sound stupid saying these types of things but looking that a gender that I was thinking it is more easy to define like Mahou Shoujo still had some struggles to be defined I will just mention it. So, go ahead and nominate something! The next character job would be the 90's and then the Shueisha job.

Also in the end the winner boss was Charlotte from Puella Magi Madoka Magica!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Nichijou is based but I gotta submit...

Popuko & Pipimi (Pop Team Epic)
1675208822698.png

The two of them would fight as a team, using various abilities and items from their iconic gag bits, such as Pop Team Cooking, transforming into objects, the magical items of Shining Shoulder and his ward, and of course, by flipping their enemies off. They are chaos incarnate. They could even have multiple alternate voices based on the fact they always redub their episodes with men and have no canonical voice, switching every episode.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Oh well (this happens when we go to sleep in a different timezone; most of you users can relate)... here's an appendum post with some adjustments for Perkilator Perkilator 's own, and those who are quite interested in his case (including myself; one of the necessary Shueisha/Jump characters in my opinion), no need to credit me for a same submission when voting starts (though this should help when linked next to it).
Kankichi Ryotsu is the main character and anti-hero of the comedy/gag manga (which should diversify genre representation a bit more), KochiKame (in short from "Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo"), written and illustrated by Osamu Akimoto, beginning from Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump magazine in September 21th, 1976. The manga focuses on a lazy, middle-aged cop Ryotsu's misadventures as he comes up with money-making schemes alongside the help from his fellow officer colleagues in the Police Box, Keiichi Nakagawa and Reiko Akimoto, which always end up in failure after a brief success (losing his earned money to pay damages caused by his comical antics), usually under the anger of his boss, Daijiro Ohara.

In Japan, the manga is immensely popular because of it's comedic tone and easily accessible, self-contained stories (that aren't episodic compared to other Jump mangas) to the point that real-life celebrities from the country often made appearances and fifteen bronze statues were erected in Kameari, where it took place (a memorial hall is also being built, finishing in 2024). It was even the third longest-running manga of all time for about 40 years from 1976 to 2016 with 1,960 chapters and 200 volumes (plus a 201st volume in 2021) and the eighth best-selling on a list (beating even JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Demon Slayer and Attack on Titan), having gotten many animated appearances (earliest being 1980 commercials and a 1985 film, before the 1996 anime series and it's two OVA films came up, besides specials with the final airing in 2016, which was also famous in Spain and India), several live-action films/drama/stage adaptations and multiple Jump crossovers, all thanks to KochiKame's role as a very important part/staple of the magazine/brand's history (besides special events for it's 30th anniversary with Dragon Ball in one of the one-shot mangas, alongside Lupin III, Golgo 13 & Kinnikuman, and the series' own video games for the original PlayStation, SEGA Saturn and Nintendo DS), such as two Famicom RPGs, a Game Boy quiz game Cult Jump, mobile titles (Jumputi Heroes and Jikkyou Janjan Stadium), Jump Super/Ultimate Stars and J-Stars Victory VS+, which made Ryotsu a veteran pick in those games.

As shown in previous Shonen Jump fighting crossover games, Kankichi Ryotsu can make use of his slapstick-like demeanors to fight against the opponent by smacking them inside a cartoonish smoke cloud and pulling off unusual items out of nowhere to utilize them as non-conventional weapons like newspapers, Japanese signs like a bat, fire extinguishers, throwing cards, remote-controlled toy tanks/helicopters with a machine gun turret, giant drums to summon constant soundwaves as he bashes them, kicking out his sandal/shoe as it flies forward, spinning tops as ground-traveling projectiles and fireworks (which he can use with his rocket launcher).

He can also use samurai katana skills (though they're unpolished compared to the likes of swordsmen such as Ichigo, Guts and others), his bike/bicycle to rush towards the opponent, shoot at them with a pistol/handgun or rocket launcher/RPG, kick out arching cans, lock the opponent for a while with handcuffs that works as a stun special (akin to Guile's in Street Fighter: The Movie) and eat several ramen bowls at once for a temporary few second-lasting buff (probably a Special Skill), besides summoning a real military tank to shoot down the opponent with a powerful exploding projectile and covering himself down as Daijiro Ohara drops down giant stone letters around himself by shouting his signature "BAKA-MON!" (ぱっかもーん !! - "YOU IDIOT!").

His Level 3/Destructive Finish Super (latter is pretty much emphasized since he always ends up causing lots of damages with his antics) would be based on the climax from KochiKame: The Movie, where he rides a missile which crashes into an opponent and through obstacles in the streets (with the latter taking most damage as they hang on the front; almost like this). Ryotsu then flies into the sky from a drawbridge, guiding a missile into the plane and hops off of it right as an opponent's eyes widen before a huge explosion that destroys the plane while obliterating them in process, falling down high into the ground (though he manages to survive).

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Koro-Sensei (Assassination Classroom)

Koro-Sensei is the secondary protagonist and antihero from Assassination Classroom, he is the teacher of 3-E of kunugigaoke junior high school, Koro-Sensei is the payable character in J-Stars Victory Vs.,so probably he will fight against Goku again

Top Bottom