• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime FighterZ: An Anime & Manga Fighting Game!

Should we allow additional reps for a same series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
HERE IT COMES NEW CHALLENGERS!
1673371701239.png
1673371732742.png
1673373236258.png

The winners of this round are Tetsuo Shima, Lelouch Lamperouge and Eren Jaeger!
1673371644608.png

With how much of a gap Tetsuo won I'm in my obligation of share this too.
Due the few amount of stages nominated I will add both of them. But talking about second dips...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOB #32 - NOMINATE A SECOND REP CHARACTER!
Has I said before, in the case neither Crocodile or DIO won the previous character nomination I will make this the next character job. You can submit any character either good or bad from any of these series:
  • Dragon Ball
  • Naruto
  • Astro Boy
  • Sailor Moon
  • One Piece
  • Jojo's Bizarre Adventures
  • Doraemon
  • Lupin the 3rd
  • Devilman
  • Mazinger Z
  • Mobile Suit Gundam
  • Berserk
  • Fist of the North Star
  • Ranma ½
  • Kill la Kill
  • Little Witch Academia
  • Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
  • AKIRA
  • Code Geass
  • Attack of Titans

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
We sure Light won? I could be wrong but it looks like other characters have more
Oh right, right, I'm sorry for this class of errors, I try to use Excel to not forget the votes but my bad memory makes me do this things. I will edit the original post but remind that the winner is Eren Jaeger and not Light. Again sorry for the inconvenences.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman

Vegeta (Dragonball)
If Goku is the Iconic Shonen protag. Then Vegeta is the Iconic Shonen Rival that inspired many other rivals after him. He would play a more ruthless fighting style then Goku and has iconic attacks such as the Galick Gun and Final Flash.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
"WRYYYYY!!!"

Job 30:Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Dio Brando is the main villain from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure:Stardust Crusaders, he is adopted brother of the first JoJo: Jonathan Joestar and he becomes a vampire because the stone mask,after of 100 years, Dio returns but having Jonathan's body and a stand called The World.
i'll resubmit Dio

D

Deleted member

Bc4f6ba3bd16821312c8f63ed55bbbd2.png

Shotaro Kaneda
The protagnist of AKIRA. I think Akira is iconic enough to get two reps, plus Keneda and Tetsuo have vastly different abilities and potential playstyles. He'd use his guns and would be able to ride his bike

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job #32: Tony Tony Chopper (One Piece)
Manga Debut: "Dr. Kureha" (May 18th, 2000)
Anime Debut: "Are You Happy? The Doctor Who is Called a Witch!" (September 16th, 2001)

Tony Tony Chopper is the doctor of the Straw Hats, as well as a cotton-candy lover. He is a reindeer who ate the Hito-Hito no Mi, which allows him to transform into a human-reindeer hybrid. He also has the Rumble Ball, which allows him to transform into many forms.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
GIORNO GIOVANNA
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Vento Aureo
1673411872363.png
I was originally considering Jolyne (being her part the one most recently animated) or Johnny (my favorite member of the Joestar family) or Joseph (a fan favorite and that it would representate the old battle system of JJBA with the Hamon) but in the end I decided to go with the protagonist of the arguably most popular part rivalizing Stardust Crusaders, Vento Aureo.

Giorno Giovanna is the son of DIO (and technically also Jonathan Joestar due DIO's shenanigans), Giorno is a man with a dream: Becoming the leader of the Italian Mafia Passione to restore their virtue, and he will do anything for achieve this goal.

Giorno's stand Gold Experience has the impressive power of give live to inanimate things, not only that but he can manipulate life in other aspects like healing, cloning, accelerating their senses, between others. Apart of that in the final arc after using the Stand Arrow with him this stand evolves into Gold Experience Requiem gaining the ability of the negation of other's actions has seen with Diavolo trapping him in a death loop.
"Kore ga...Requiem da"
And of course we would also have the 7 pages Muda has a super.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm starting school since yesterday, so even if I already lost my recurrence in updates, this time would be more notorious, anyway, time to vote! Would update with an image later:
  1. Kaneda
  2. Giorno
  3. Vegeta

JOB #33 - SUBMIT A STAGE FROM A MAGICAL GIRL SERIES!
Has a sneek peak for what it would be next character job, this time's stage job is about submitting a stage from any magical girl series! This counts but not limits to Sailor Moon, Pretty Cure, Cutie Honey, Madoka Magica, Lyrical Nanoha, Sakura Card Captor, etc.

DISCUSSION: FUTURE JOBS
Not gonna lie, I'm running down of ideas for the thread, I have some more jobs in mind for the future (magical girl character, third boss job, '90, '00, '10 and '20s jobs and depending of what characters appears in those jobs something for companies like Gainax, Toei, Ghibli or MAPPA) but I would like to know what you guys want.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
HERE IT COMES NEW CHALLENGERS!
1674169609099.png

The winners of this round are Vegeta and Zoro Roronoa!
1674155240064.png
Only one stage was submitted so the winner by default is Witches Labryrinth!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOB #34 - NOMINATE A MAGICAL GIRL CHARACTER!
I'm feeling that since these are the jobs that attracts more attention I will do them more frequent, thought I will start to slow down again after reaching certain amount of characters or if someone recommends any job that it could be interesing enough.

If you have struggles with the job since you don't know too much about the genre here are some suggestions:

CARDCAPTOR SAKURA
PRETTY CURE
CUTIE HONEY
MADOKA MAGICA
1674169538008.png
MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEHEART
LYRICAL NANOHA
1674169230621.png
PHANTOM THIEF JEANNE
REVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA

Last edited:

Soy_Man

Smash Apprentice
Job #1: Yotsuba (from Yotsubato)

I'm pretty sure she's the quintessential slice of life anime character. The approach to her moveset would be of a similar vain to Villager in smash. I want to fight Guts with the funny 4chan girl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Job #1: Yotsuba (from Yotsubato)

I'm pretty sure she's the quintessential slice of life anime character. The approach to her moveset would be of a similar vain to Villager in smash. I want to fight Guts with the funny 4chan girl.
We're submitting magical girl genre characters right now. (This js an extremely based pick though)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Not too familiar with magical girl series but saw this & thought it was interesting so will nominate it if allowed.

Powerpuff Girls Z (Hyper Blossom, Rolling Bubbles, & Powered Buttercup)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
dj97i238e4c11.jpg

VEGETA
Special Skill: Saiyan Pride
Okay, so I originally designed him with no Special Skill, but then I remembered an important aspect of Vegeta: his Saiyan biology (your power is boosted after every near-fatal injury) and his overconfidence. If Vegeta is below 25% health, he gets a boost to his attack and speed, but also loses some defense and his attacks have slightly more endlag. If his attacks whiff in this state, he loses the attack and speed boost.

His moveset in this game would be a mix of those from his Saiyan-Namek saga self, and those from his post-Cell self.
MoveCommandDescription
Special Skill​
Taunt​
Vegeta goads the enemy into attacking him. If he is struck at just the right moment, he immediately follows up with a counterattack.​
Super Dash Kick​
↙← + any attack button​
Vegeta performs a charging kick attack that goes straight towards the opponent​
Crushing Knee Kick​
↗↑ + any attack button + Special​
Vegeta performs a jumping knee attack that goes diagonally upward. Aerial attacks won't work on him during the startup.​
Interceptor Kick​
↘ + Light (air)​
Vegeta pauses for a moment and then does a divekick at a 45° angle​
Deadly Knee Drop​
↘↓ + Heavy​
Vegeta teleports above the opponent and performs a falling double knee drop. The attack is stronger when used in the air.​
Energy Cutter​
↘→ + Medium +Light​
Vegeta throws a razor-sharp energy disc forward, which can be moved in the direction titled on the control stick​
Assist: Energy Pillar​
↑↓ + Light + Special​
Vegeta throws several energy blasts upward. which then rain down upon the opponent by travelling in a forward line​
Galick Gun (Lv. 1)​
↘→↓↘→ + Heavy +Medium​
Vegeta jumps up and fires a purple energy wave downward. On the ground, Vegeta jumps adjacent to the opponent's current position, while the airborne variant makes him leap a set distance upward and won't track the opponent.​
Maybe you won't be such a disappointment...when you're dead! (Lv. 2)​
↙←↓↙← + Medium + Special​
Vegeta grab the opponent when hit, then tosses them into the air and blasts them with an energy wave.​
Super Saiyan (Lv. 3)​
↘↘← + Light + Medium + Heavy​
Vegeta transforms into the legendary Super Saiyan and receives a massive boost in power, but the transformation only lasts for a short time​
Big Bang Attack
↘→↓↘→ + any attack button + Special​
Vegeta fires an explosive blue energy sphere forward. Inputting Heavy + Special in midair will make Vegeta fire the blast downward.​
Final Flash (Lv. 3 Destructive Finish)​
↙←↓↙← + all 4 buttons (assuming Vegeta is at 25% health or lower when the opposing team has one fighter left)​
If Vegeta is on the brink of defeat while in his Super Saiyan form and there's one opponent left, he places both palms forward and discharges a massive golden beam of energy straight forward.​

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
They're still just the powerpuff girls, right? If edgerunners doesn't count then I'm not sure if this should
Forgot about that, i agree.

Will nominate the below instead. Stood out while looking up magical girl series meshing the genre with a military theme which is an interesting concept which could make for a fun fighter.

(Magical Girl Spec Ops) Asuka

Last edited:

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job #34: Madoka (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
Anime Debut: "I First Met Her in a Dream... Or Something" (January 7th, 2011)

Madoka is the title character and one of the main magical girls in the mind-screwy magical girl anime "Puella Magi Madoka Magica", she's a gentle girl who lives an ordinary life, but one day, she meets Homura and later on Kyubey. After getting a contract from Kyubey, she becomes a magical girl, believing that she'll help out people.

In episode 12, her wish is that she wants every witch throughout time erased before they're born. Of course, her wish is granted and she becomes a goddess, breaking the Incubators system and saving every magical girl in the past, present, and future.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Originally considered submitting "Cutie" Honey Kisaragi, but assuming someone else would do that later, I decided to go for an another 1970's magical girl before Usagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon) even existed, or in this case, an alien princess.

Job #34: New Magical Girl Fighter - Lum Invader

Lum Invader is the deuteragonist and female protagonist of the romantic comedy/slice-of-life manga franchise Urusei Yatsura, which was written and illustrated by Rumiko Takahashi for Shogakukan in 1978, focusing on a un-lucky teenage boy, Ataru Moroboshi, after he was randomly chosen by an alien race known as the Oni, who arrived on Earth to invade the planet by giving humans a chance to fight for it's rights by taking part in a tag-like competition, facing against the alien leader's daughter, Princess Lum herself, who he accidentaly proposed to, after winning a competition (having promised to Shinobu Miyake earlier), making her fall completely in love with him, even though she often violently electrocutes him whenever he flirts with another girl or insults her.

Urusei Yatsura sold about over 35 million copies in circulation and even received the 1980 Shogakukan Manga Award, making it one of the highest selling mangas of all time. It's first anime adaptation in 1981 has been credited for introducing the format of using pop songs as opening and closing themes in anime shows, alongside four theatrical films. It pretty much launched Takahashi's career, leading into other creations such as Ranma ½ (which we already have represented in a roster) and Inuyasha themselves (like how Dr. Slump started Toriyama's success and creation of Dragon Ball). It even influenced multiple other "geek gets girl" works including Tenchi Muyo! and Love Hina. Lum herself is so pretty popular that she even has her own life-size bronze statue erected at Ōizumi-gakuen Station in 2015 and appeared in clips of Matthew Sweet's music video "I've Been Waiting". A new anime reboot series has recently aired on Fuji TV in October 14th, 2022, about forty-one/41 years after the original's premiere.

In Anime FighterZ, Lum is capable of utilizing her powers of flight (able to soar in the air for a short period of time) and electricity (charging herself with electricity to shoot lightning bolts, fly either forward or diagonally upwards inside an electric aura to tackle her opponent and send out multiple super-charged shocks around herself by storing big amounts of electricity as her body glows blue/gold before shouting her signature "DARLING NO... BAKA!!!" aloud in one of her Level 1 super moves, working similarly to Thor's Mighty Tornado and Chun-Li's Kikosho). She can also increase her teeth and horns' size for stronger melee attacks (besides slaps/kicks regularly and pulling maces, axes, giant hammers or throwable chairs out of nowhere), heal herself with those same horns, summon her cousin Ten, who breathes fire in-front of her and even make use of her inventions/devices such as creating illusions to trick an opponent, bring inanimate objects or plants to life, use a supernova's subspace fragment as a detonating bomb, change the direction of gravity with G-Con, lock them in subspace, use electric dolls to cause them pain by attaching into their head, briefly increase her attack damage via strength pills, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom