• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animated Smash Bros. (Title TBD) Creation Thread - CONTINUATION!!!

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for game mode submissions are now over! Animation Domination will be our first new game mode! Congratulations to cashregister9 cashregister9 and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Character submissions are now over as well!

Arale Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Kusuo Saiki Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Koutaro Tatsumi cashregister9 cashregister9
Shigeo "Mob" Kageyama cashregister9 cashregister9
Meliodas Yiptap Yiptap
Panty and Stocking JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691

Vote for your top three favorites. You can vote for your own submission in second or third place. First place is three points, second place is two points, and third place is one point. Only one character will be selected to join our game for this job.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Hey quick question:
Can I submit Cels that are just scenes, or do they have to be specifically characters? Just curious.

TheDiscordModerator

Banned via Warnings
I am new here, but this sounds interesting. so, I guess I should pitch in and vote for a newcomer I guess. comedy anime? only one I’m familiar with is panty and stocking so I guess I’ll vote for them. I might as well throw saiki a bone as well as meliodas. so these are the votes:
number 1 is panty and stocking
number 2 is saiki
number 3 is meliodas

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Hey quick question:
Can I submit Cels that are just scenes, or do they have to be specifically characters? Just curious.
Animation cels can be characters, events, locations, objects, species, just as long as the series has a character on the roster. Real-world animation methods or history are also allowed. If the scene is considered a big event in the series, I will allow it.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Animation cels can be characters, events, locations, objects, species, just as long as the series has a character on the roster. Real-world animation methods or history are also allowed. If the scene is considered a big event in the series, I will allow it.
Cool. Thanks!

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting is now over!

Arale Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 7 votes
Kusuo Saiki Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 5 votes
Koutaro Tatsumi cashregister9 cashregister9 - 1 votes
Shigeo "Mob" Kageyama cashregister9 cashregister9 - 6 votes
Meliodas Yiptap Yiptap - 3 votes
Panty and Stocking JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 - 8 votes

Panty and Stocking will be our first comedy anime and duo newcomer! Congratulations to JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

I also want to say this in advance, our game will be available for good boys and girls. This means any content submitted from our more mature cartoons and anime in our game must not include visible gore or anything overly sexual. This goes for movesets, stages, assist trophies, animation cels, etc.

Our animation cel poll is now over as well! Everyone in the poll will be separated, except for Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner!

Job 11: Submit a moveset for Homer Simpson or Goku

Just like last time, the only requirements are to have both specials and a final smash. You can also add a little extra detail for their moveset if you like (only optional). You can submit a moveset for one or both of them. If anyone wishes to see an example, you can look at our past movesets linked in the first post of the thread.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
This should be fun, I'll do a Goku moveset and maybe a homer simpson one later
Goku is a light, floaty character with plenty of attacks and techniques. I've also given him two final smashes because I feel like it fits his huge variety of tecniques.

Neutral special: Kamehameha
See the source image

He holds his hands next to him and charges a large ball of energy between his hands. Whenever you let go of the button he will put his hands forward and shoot a giant energy wave forward which will get bigger and stronger the longer it's charged

Side Special: Ki Blasts
He tosses a few small yellow blasts of energy. The blasts are quick and he can throw lots at a time but they don't do much damage

Up Special: Flight
See the source image

He jumps upwards and flies forward a bit. When he flies he is fully controllable in all directions for about 2 seconds, and there's energy surrounding him, giving him a hitbox in front of his body

Down Special: Instant Transmission
See the source image

This move is a counter. He puts two fingers to his forehead for a second and if he's attacked during this second he'll teleport behind the attackerand kick them.

Final Smash: Spirit Bomb
See the source image

He flies into the background of the stage and creates a gigantic ball of blue energy. Then he throws it at the screen. You can control it similarly to Bowser's final smash.

Gimmick: Super Saiyan
See the source image

A pretty simple gimmick, he'll go into his Super Saiyan form when he has over 110% damage. He'll be much stronger and will have a new final smash in this form. His new final smash will be Dragon Fist Explosion
See the source image

For this final smash he starts by going into his Super Saiyan 3 form in a big blast of energy which can trap people in the attack
See the source image

He then flies forward with his fist forward and with a gigantic dragon wrapped around him which gives him a gigantic hitbox. He deals massive damage if he hits anyone while flying forward he'll launch them away and deal lots of damage
Edit: here’s my homer submission:
Neutral Special: Donut
He throws a pink donut forward which bounces a bit when it hits the ground. The attack doesn’t do much damage.

Side Special: Skateboard
He steps forward on a skateboard then trips, and falls forward in a faceplant, referencing the iconic scene in Bart the Daredevil of him falling off the cliff.

Up Special: Plopster
Plopster from the Simpsons movie appears underneath Homer and then jumps upwards and forward, with Homer on his back going along with him.

Down Special: Plutonium
He walks forward then casually tosses a stick of plutonium behind him, to reference the opening. If an enemy is close by, the stick will suck them in and then make a small explosion, launching them out.

Final Smash: Mr. Plow
He starts by swinging a shovel forward. If he hits any opponents, he’ll rapidly start shoveling a bunch of snow on them. Once they’re covered in a big pile of snow his car appears, only with a snow plow on the front, and he gets in. Then he drives forward, hitting away anyone inside the pile.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Voting is now over!

Arale Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 7 votes
Kusuo Saiki Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 5 votes
Koutaro Tatsumi cashregister9 cashregister9 - 1 votes
Shigeo "Mob" Kageyama cashregister9 cashregister9 - 6 votes
Meliodas Yiptap Yiptap - 3 votes
Panty and Stocking JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 - 8 votes

Panty and Stocking will be our first comedy anime and duo newcomer! Congratulations to JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

I also want to say this in advance, our game will be available for good boys and girls. This means any content submitted from our more mature cartoons and anime in our game must not include visible gore or anything overly sexual. This goes for movesets, stages, assist trophies, animation cels, etc.

Our animation cel poll is now over as well! Everyone in the poll will be separated, except for Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner!

Job 11: Submit a moveset for Homer Simpson or Goku

Just like last time, the only requirements are to have both specials and a final smash. You can also add a little extra detail for their moveset if you like (only optional). You can submit a moveset for one or both of them. If anyone wishes to see an example, you can look at our past movesets linked in the first post of the thread.
Again, Panty and Stocking barely got passed the Good Boys and Girls thing, since they’re extremely easy to tone down in 2D. If this was 3D I wouldn’t have even bothered.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Also, Homer is an interesting character. He should be a very heavy character, probably the heaviest until Shrek finally gets in, and should be able to Boss you around, Camp you out, but he is also the Slowest Character here.

Neutral Special is Donut. Homer has Five Pink Donuts per Stock that he can heal with per Stock. They all heal 25% and will not regenerate until he loses a Stock.

Homer’s Side Special is the Bowling Ball. Homer loves Bowling, almost working at a Bowling Alley if it weren’t for Maggie, who he works at the Plant for. This move is simple, he throws a Bowling Ball, and can go so low it would even hit a Canonically Sized SpongeBob. It also has Gravity making it less effective in the air, but more effective at Edge Guarding, Damage, and Punishing whiffs.

Up Special is the Space Chips. Homer opens up a Bag of Potato Chips, and Floats. He then eats them in front of him. Yeah, the Simpsons episode literally on the ISS was not going to not be referenced, so what better place for it to be than the Up Special being the most iconic scene of said episode. He can also cancel the Flight to just let the chips float as a wall.

Down Special is Belly Reflect. Homer is stupidly durable, so he uses that to reflect Projectiles. He still takes the Damage, but the Projectile comes back at double force. I considered making this his Gimmick, but I think a Natural Counter and Reflect is too good to be a Gimmick, and not a move, even for a character who is actively encouraged to camp. Homer counters into the Stranglehold (his Grab).

Homer’s Final Smash just has him Summon his car. It’s really powerful, but also has some of the Least Range.

Homer overall is a surprisingly complex character. He’s extremely simple to pick up, due to his good normals (think MUGEN Homer for that), Amazing Recovery, him hitting hard, and him having an extremely good healing move. But he becomes increasingly complex the more you learn. What with being able to cancel to flight in order to leave the chips as a Wall, the exact specifics of his throws, The Bowling Ball. Overall, Homer is just like The Simpsons Golden Age as a whole. Simple enough for casuals, yet complex enough for Nerds. Him also being actively encouraged to camp is primarily something done since this is Homer Simpson, and he’s the literal embodiment of Laissez-faire, and thus should feel like it. I’m tempted to give him Alts, but I don’t have too many since the obvious references are too similar to Homer’s normal Appearance or just look bad. Though he should have a Blue Shirt, an Apu Reference, Bart’s Shirt, Green Simpsons, and a reference to Frank Grimes, the embodiment of very early Homer as a Character. He can also use a Taunt to put his tie on for every Alt.

Yes, he still has Wonder of U. Imagine that Counter, but full screen, Passive, and a Warlock Punch Powered Projectile. Yeah, that’s Wonder of U.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Moveset submissions are now over!

Champion of Hyrule’s Goku moveset submission will be selected, congratulations to Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule !

Below is a poll to decide which Homer moveset will be chosen!

Job #12: Submit a stage for Homer Simpson or Goku

You can submit a stage for Homer Simpson, Goku, or both of them. Describe what the stage is and how it would work. What cameos or hazards would there be as well?

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I was gonna submit Gizard Wasteland which was the place goku fought vegeta in the saiyan saga, but since Canyon is alredy in the game I'll submit Planet Namek the way it works in Smash Flash 2 and with all the cameos.
See the source image

I'll also probably add the Simpsons stage later

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Couch Gag for Homer. It’s a Stage similar in concept to Pokémon Stadium 2, where you go into various Simpsons Couch Gags. I’d imagine they would mostly be in the Background, but when Hazards are on some will interact with the Stage. As for specifics, I’d imagine Circus, Rick and Morty, LA-Z, The Seasonal Stuff, and Robot Chicken would definitely be referenced. As for others, I think we could make those jobs if this one won. As for consistent cameos, The Simpsons Family themselves would all appear, even Homer, despite him being playable. This is mostly because the Couch Gags have all 5 Simpsons no matter what. I was tempted to do Treehouse of Horror, but that may be a little too artsy for a Stage, at least the Couch Gags are mostly in the background. Layout wise it’s essentially Small Battlefield but with destructible Walls, which will then lead to the Blastzone. Walls are destroyed automatically during the Hazardless Variation.

As for Goku, well I think Goku could get something original just due to the sheer amount of locations in Dragon Ball. So many locations that all turn into rubble. So, instead, I think Goku should get a Stage based off of Super Broly. The Arctic would bring a unique flavor to battle before eventually being turned to Lava. And then the Reality Shattering kicks in. As for Cameos, Goku would be in the background when he’s not present. When he is then it’s just Vegeta. Frieza, Bulma, and Broly are all in the background, as well as Gogeta, somehow, even when Goku himself is present. Huh. Layout wise it’s essentially Hazardless Wily’s, but with Platforms. This could also replace FD very easily as the Background would do that.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Simpsons stage: The Simpsons Residence
23E5E067-B4B2-4BA5-8952-BF8B3780E908.jpeg

You play right on top of the house from the simpsons. If enough damage is dealt to the roof it’ll break and you will fight in the attic until a group of townspeople will come by to fix it. Also sometimes characters will walk by in the foreground to make cameos.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Homer Stage: Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
FABFE286-B201-4ECA-9D17-4DB002EBD937.png

The Springfield Nuclear Power Plant is where Homer works at his daily job. My idea for a stage is set inside the power plant. Huge containers of toxic waste could be lying around the stage, ready to leak out at any second, acting as a stage hazard. Lenny, Carl, and other employees in hazmat suits could make cameos in the background.

Stage submissions and moveset voting will end in a few hours!

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Moveset voting for Homer Simpson is now over!

JOJONumber691’s Homer Simpson moveset submission will be selected! Congratulations to JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Stage submissions are now over as well!

Vote for your favorite Homer Simpson and Goku stage in the polls below!
The next job will start in a few hours!

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #13: Submit two newcomer prompts

For most future themes, I want to allow everyone to have a chance to submit their own themed newcomer submissions. When submitting newcomer prompts, try to think about what you think our roster needs or is lacking. You are allowed to submit past newcomer prompts as well. The top three character prompts will be chosen. The highest voted prompt will get two characters into the roster and the rest will get one. This option of newcomer prompt submissions might change in the future, depending on feedback.

One important rule about newcomer prompts is that they can’t be too specific. Here is an example Wario Wario Wario gave on the original thread.
For example, let's say you REALLY want Wallace & Gromit in the game - when it comes time to choose a theme, you may be tempted to submit "a British stop motion character" - however that would not be allowed as it is overly specific and pretty much locks our next newcomer to an Aardman character.

On the other hand, simply "a British cartoon character" would be allowed as it would not only allow Wallace & Gromit, but also Danger Mouse; Superted; Bananaman; (the other) Dennis the Menace; and possibly even Gumball (I'll decide on his elegibility should we ever get that criteria submitted) among others

"A stop motion character" would also be allowed as Wallace & Gromit could be joined by Jack Skellington; Other Mother; Gumby; Buddy Thunderstruck; and many more as potential candidates.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me!

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here are my two prompts

Select a character originating from a dreamworks animation property (Shrek, Po, Megamind)

Submit a second rep to an already represented franchise (Patrick, Vegeta, Bart)

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for stages are now over!

Homer Simpson’s stage will be the Simpsons Residence from Champion of Hyrule! Goku’s stage will be Planet Namek from Champion of Hyrule as well! Congratulations to Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Newcomer prompt submissions are now over as well!

• A character originating from a Dreamworks Animation property Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
• A second rep to an already represented franchise Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
• A Cartoon Network Character Yiptap Yiptap
• A non-Shonen Jump anime Yiptap Yiptap
• A character made in UK Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
• A character who debuted in a movie Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
• A villain/antagonist character evanwoo10 evanwoo10
• A character from a comic evanwoo10 evanwoo10

Vote for your top three favorites! You can vote for your own submission in second or third place. First place is three points, second place is two points, and third place is one point. Only three prompts will be selected for this job.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Second Rep
2. Cartoon Network
3. Comic character (as long as we have a restriction that says a comic character can only be added if they have an animated version)

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for character prompts are now over!

• A character originating from a Dreamworks Animation property Glubbfubb Glubbfubb - 0 votes
• A second rep to an already represented franchise Glubbfubb Glubbfubb - 9 votes
• A Cartoon Network Character Yiptap Yiptap - 3 votes
• A non-Shonen Jump anime Yiptap Yiptap - 2 votes
• A character made in UK Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 0 votes
• A character who debuted in a movie Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 5 votes
• A villain/antagonist character evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 4 votes
• A character from a comic evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 1 vote

A second rep, a character who debuted in a movie, and a villain/antagonist rep will be our first newcomer prompts! Congratulations to Glubbfubb Glubbfubb , Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule , evanwoo10 evanwoo10 , and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Job 14: Submit a second rep to an already represented franchise (submission by Glubbfubb Glubbfubb )

Since we have been allowing two character submissions per newcomer job, you can still submit two if you like! Make sure to explain who the character is, how they could work, how they can be appropriate and censorable (only if they are a adult/mature cartoon or anime character), and why they deserve to be in our game! Just a reminder, this is our highest voted prompt, so two characters will be joining the roster, instead of one!

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #14: Donald Duck

Donald Duck is a character in the Mickey Mouse cartoons who also has a lot of material/cartoons of his own. He would attack with a lot of the different things he’s been shown doing in his cartoons. He would also fight by getting angry, which he’s been shown doing a lot of times. He could take some inspiration from ducktales as well.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1200px-Patrick_Star.svg.png

Patrick Star
You cant have Spongebob without Patrick, for all his faults Patrick is one of the most iconic sidekicks in fiction and has shown loads of fighting prowess and surprising strength, including becoming a pro wrestler and superhero, he would be a heavy weight that would focus on grappling and close ranged body slams

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job 14: Tuxedo Mask
7E5245D9-1B8D-480F-B72B-9925E1A0A908.png

Tuxedo Mask (also known as Mamoru Chiba) is one of the main characters in Sailor Moon. He is known to always appear to help save the day in some form or another. He may seem like a joke to some people, but he can fight. He could also have a very unique moveset. He could use roses, his cane, and his psychic powers. There’s a lot more to Tuxedo Mask than meets the mask. He’s a really important character in the series.

Character submissions will end in a few hours!

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Bruno Bucciarati (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) from Part 5. Why him over Giorno? Because, having Witch Time Punches doesn’t sound fun, and Bruno is just as much of a Main Character as Giorno in Part 5, on top of him potentially being able to bring in the rest of his gang in to help him. So he can also use Sticky Fingers to give him more range than everyone except Aang. So if I had to compare him to anyone it would be Ginyu in FighterZ. Thus why I feel Bruno is best for JoJo’s Second Fighter. As for his actual kit:
Capo of The Ring! Bruno is a Zoner, plain and Simple!
7A2471D6-5DE5-426D-A1A6-9FE2CEE0D3A0.jpeg

Bruno’s Neutral Special is Zipper Punch. He extends his Stand’s Arm to punch! Simple, but it has a massive disjoint, which helps a lot in terms of achieving his goal of being the Capo.

Bruno’s Side Special calls out Narancia to use Aerosmith. Narancia is summoned and uses Aerosmith to fire. It lasts for 10 Seconds total and makes the opponent think twice about going to that part of the Stage.

Bruno’s Up Special has him use Sticky Fingers to Teleport in one of four directions, doing Dana when he runs back out. It does put him into Freefall though so be careful. This is a good move to retreat with.

Bruno’s Down Special has Giorno show up and Punch the Ground. This will create a Tree that acts as a Wall. This, in turn, gives Bruno a good defense mechanism against Counter Zoning, and a good tool in Neutral held back by the long Startup.

Bruno’s Final Smash is Inutile Arrivederci! He does a Zipper Punch, and if it lands Giorno will pop up and help Bruno finish the opponent off, which will then have a Witch Time effect due to Giorno’s Ability. Thus giving Bruno ample time to strategize.

Bruno overall is a really good character at setplay and keep away, which fits how most fights in JoJo’s as a whole. He also has some really good range at large, with his Normals using Sticky Fingers, his Grab completely destroying all approach options, as well as Narancia and Giorno stepping in to help. Overall, this fits Bruno, and JOJO Combat as a whole. But he is also fairly skinny, and thus would make sense if he was light. Probably lightest overall of this 11 Character Roster. His Alts could be various color schemes, as JoJo’s is known for its varied use of coloring (something I adore) and I feel Bruno is the perfect fit for a JoJo Newcomer!

His Stand is harder to nail down than Jotaro’s but I think giving him Gold Experience would be fitting, since Giorno is this Part’s other Protagonist. And as for Favorite Foods……. wow we’re really out of date aren’t we? Well, Aang would get the Fruit Pies (the Cabbages from the Cabbage Merchant would just be generic, or could just spawn with the Merchant), Panty and Stocking are really hard since both have really different tastes in Food. So I guess Jean-Paul Heaven could do, but if there’s any other better options that also work while keeping an E10 Rating please let me know. And then finally, Bruno himself! Bruno gets Spaghetti, since that’s what he got at the Restaurant during Narancia’s Flashback.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Newcomer submissions are now over!

Donald Duck Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Patrick Star Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Vegeta cashregister9 cashregister9
Tuxedo Mask evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Bruno Bucciarati JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691

Vote for your top three favorites! You can vote for your own submission in second or third place. First place is three points, second place is two points, and third place is one point. Only two of these characters will be joining our roster for this job!

Top Bottom