• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animated Smash Bros. (Title TBD) Creation Thread - CONTINUATION!!!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
--Basic Attacks--

Jab: A three hit combo, 2 punches and a kick

Side tilt: Spongbob swipes forward with a Jellyfishing net

Up tilt: Spongebob brings his spatula upwards

Down tilt: Spongebob turns into a log and rolls forward

Dash Attack: Spongebob lunges forwards with his abrasive side.

Side Smash: Spongebob chops with a Karate glove

Up Smash: Spongebob does the Imagination motion

Down Smash: Spongebob Uses a Reefblower

Neutral air: Spongebob spins around

Forward Air: Spongbob slaps downwards with his Karate glove

Back Air: Spongebob Slices with his Spatula

Up Air: Spongebob swings upwards with his jelly fishing net

Down Air: Spongebob Swings downward with his Karate Glove

--Specials--

Neutral: Fry Cookin', Spongebob summons and grill and starts flipping patties and a meter appears above him, Letting go of the button immediately causes a Patty to be flung high into the air that deals damage, Releasing the button half-way through causes a patty to be flung forwards, dealing damage. Letting go right at the end causes a Krabby Patty to be made that heals spongebob, not letting go causes the grill to explode dealing a lot of damag to opponents and spongebob.

Side: Bubbles, Spongebob creates a bubble, the longer you hold it the larger it becomes, Bubbles move forwards, if it hits an enemy it explodes, Rarely the Bubble will contain a Bomb Pie and the explosion will be much larger and more damaging

Down: Gary, Gary Appears on Spongebobs head, This acts as a platform and prevents spongebob from being attacked. SB can press Down B again to let gary move across the floor, When gary is moving across the floor he can bite opponents.

Up: Bag Of Air, Spongebob summons the Bag of Air from The Spongebob movie

Final Smash: Are You Ready Kids?, Spongebob gets into the Goofy Goober rock attire and starts to jam, if you get caught in the initial blast you are taken to a cutscene that is a reenactment of the opening of spongebob only the opponents get damaged everytime something moves.

--Grabs--
Grab: Spongebob creates a bubble that traps opponents

Pummel: The Bubble constricts

F-Throw: The bubble carries the opponent Forwards

B-Throw: The bubble turns into Bubble Buddy and throws the opponent behind spongebob

U-Throw: The bubble carries the opponent upwards

D-Throw: The Bubble transforms into the Dirty Bubble who bites down on the opponent

I'll type up a bugs bunny one later.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
As for Bugs, I have to think, but I do think a very chaotic Mid-Range would fit best Playstyle Wise. That and there’s no way in hell his Down Air isn’t the Anvil. Just no way.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Hey I have a question about the animation cels: are we gonna fix some of the duplicates? For example, we have separate cels for “Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner” and “Wile E. Coyote.”. Will we correct that somehow?
I can delete the duplicates and just leave them with their own separate animation cels. I know there are others just like that and I can separate them as well. If anybody has any objections or better ideas, feel free to voice your opinions.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I can delete the duplicates and just leave them with their own separate animation cels. I know there are others just like that and I can separate them as well. If anybody has any objections or better ideas, feel free to voice your opinions.
Maybe we could have votes to see which ones should be separate and which ones should remain in pairs?

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
I think it’s time to start our first newcomer submission period in the continuation thread!

Job #6: Submit a Action Cartoon Newcomer

We will only be accepting one newcomer from this job. Characters must have come from an action cartoon. Since this job is focused on cartoon characters, no anime characters are allowed to be submitted. Make sure to explain who the character is, how they could work, how they can be appropriate and censorable (only if they are a adult/mature cartoon character), and why they deserve to be in our game!

Moveset submissions will end in a few hours.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #6: Aang

The main character of Avatar: The Last Airbender, one of the most beloved cartoons ever, Aang would fight primarily using airbending although he could use other bending, he is the avatar after all. He’s fought plenty of times during the course of the show and so it’s not hard to imagine his moveset. Anyways, given the iconic status of the series I feel like he’s an inevitability for this game.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
I've been following this thread for a bit, so I'd like to submit a character.
Job 6: Finn The Human (Adventure Time)

Finn the Human is the protagonist of the Adventure Time series on Cartoon Network. Finn would fight using his sword and mechanical arm (which he got in the later seasons). When people bring up a Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion sequel, Finn is often brought up as a potential fighter, fighting alongside Jake. So where is Jake anyway? Jake could be hiding in Finn's backpack and occasionally assist with some attacks!

I chose Finn (and Jake) because Adventure Time is considered one of the best Cartoon Network cartoons, and is thought to be one of the shows in "The Cartoon Network Renissance," (One of the good cartoons amongst the ****ty ones) alongside Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, We Bare Bears, and Steven Universe. I ended up choosing Finn (and Jake) because it fit the prompt the best, as well as having the best legacy.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Bugs Bunny Moveset

--Basic Attacks--

Jab: A single slap

Side tilt: A slice with a carrot

Up tilt: Bugs slaps his ears upwards

Down tilt: A downward kick

Dash Attack: A dive

Side Smash: A Swing with his scepter from Rabbit Hood

Up Smash: Bugs throws a Basketball up into the air

Down Smash: Bugs Becomes Big Chungus

Neutral air: A casual Spin

Forward Air: A slice downwards with a Carrot

Back Air: A Backwards Kick

Up Air: A Rising Toe Kick

Down Air: Bugs drops an Anvil, this is a stall and fall

--Specials--

Neutral: Pie Toss, Bugs throws a pie at the face of an Opponent, occasionally it would be a stick of dynamite which does extra damage.

Side: TNT, Bugs places a crate of ACME TNT on the ground, it explodes after a while.

Down: Portable Hole, Bugs places A hole on the ground, Pressing the button again teleports bugs to it.

Up: Hare Raise, Bugs twirls his ears like a propeller causing him to fly

Final Smash: Merry Melody, Bugs Tosses an Anvil forwards, those hit are sent into a cutscene where their face appears in the merry melodies logo and the anvil drops on them dealing damage and exiting the cutscene.

--Grabs--
Grab: Bugs grabs the opponent with his left hand and chomps on a carrot with the right

Pummel: Bugs slaps the opponent

F-Throw: Bugs throws the opponent forwards

B-Throw: Bugs kicks the opponent backwards

U-Throw: A pile of TNT Blasts the opponent sky high

D-Throw: Bugs drops the opponent into a portable hole, causing the opponent to drop from the top of the screen

Action Cartoon Rep:

Samurai Jack

An Iconic character from a popular series, Jack would utilize his sword skills as well as a lot of technology from Aku's future. Pretty Self Explanatory

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Some ideas for Jojo profiles
See the source image
Jonathan Joestar
See the source image
Joseph Joestar (Part 2)
See the source image
Jotaro Kujo (Part 3)
See the source image
Joseph Joestar (Part 3)
See the source image
DIO
See the source image
Josuke Higashikata (Part 4)
See the source image
Jotaro Kujo (Part 4)
See the source image
Giorno Giovanna
See the source image
Jolyne Cujoh
See the source image
Johnny Joestar
See the source image
Gyro Zeppeli
See the source image
Josuke Higashikata (Part 8)
And a couple characters from other series
See the source image
Luffy
One Piece
See the source image
Marvin the Martian
Looney Tunes

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #6: Zim (Invader Zim)
04E42CC1-E114-4831-8121-A61D5FEE25DD.png

Zim is the main protagonist and antagonist in Invader Zim. Zim is an irken, a race of aliens that desire to conquer the entire universe. In Zim’s mind, Zim was sent to earth to conquer it, but he was really sent away to get off the Irken Armada’s backs for their real invasion plan. Zim could use a ton of Irken equipment for his attacks, including his PAK. He could also use his robot companions, Gir and Mini Moose to attack as well. Invader Zim is a cult classic Nickelodeon show, known for it’s own unique style.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Moveset submissions are now over! You can now vote for your favorite SpongeBob moveset in the link below. If anyone has any problems accessing the poll, please notify me.
Character submissions will end in a few hours!

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Hey I think you forgot to add my spongebob moveset to the poll
I’m really sorry I forgot your SpongeBob moveset submission! I have changed the link and made a completely new poll.
I’m also sorry to everyone who already voted!

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Newcomer submissions are now over!

Aang Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Finn (and Jake) Yiptap Yiptap
Samurai Jack cashregister9 cashregister9
Zim evanwoo10 evanwoo10

Vote for your top three favorites. You can vote for your own submission in second or third place. First place is three points, second place is two points, and third place is one point. Only one character will be selected to join our game for this job.

Since there isn’t a lot of character submissions, I think I will just allow up to two characters to be submitted for each newcomer job going forward.

SpongeBob moveset voting will end soon!

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Newcomer submissions are now over!

Aang Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Finn (and Jake) Yiptap Yiptap
Samurai Jack cashregister9 cashregister9
Zim evanwoo10 evanwoo10

Vote for your top three favorites. You can vote for your own submission in second or third place. First place is three points, second place is two points, and third place is one point. Only one character will be selected to join our game for this job.

Since there isn’t a lot of character submissions, I think I will just allow up to two characters to be submitted for each newcomer job going forward.

1. Aang
2. Samurai Jack
3. Invader Zim

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting has now ended!

Aang Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 10 votes
Finn (and Jake) Yiptap Yiptap - 8 votes
Samurai Jack cashregister9 cashregister9 - 8 votes
Zim evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 4 votes

Aang will be our first action cartoon newcomer! Congratulations to Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

It also looks like we have a tie for SpongeBob’s moveset, between JOJONumber691 and cashregister9’s moveset submissions. Below is another poll to decide which SpongeBob moveset will break the tie!

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #7: Submit two assist trophies from any series already represented.

We will be accepting a total of three assist trophies from this job. Make sure to talk about who they are and how they would work. As long as a series has a character on the roster, they qualify for this assist trophy submission job. Just remember, anyone that becomes an assist trophy will be deconfirmed for our roster!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Spongebob Moveset
Jabs
JabA one two punch followed by a Karate Glove
Dash AttackRolls into a cylinder to ram into the fighters
Smash Attacks
Up SmashTurns into a giant tack from Sleepytime, acts likes a spear and has long upward range when fully charged
Down SmashUses anchor arms to do an upside down spinning attack that sweeps both sides
Side SmashTurns into a giant spatula to crush anyone in front of him
GrabUses a bubble lassos
PummelKicks the opponent
Forward ThrowUses his reef blower to blast them forward
Back ThrowHis alarm clock blast the back
Down ThrowA grill appears to burn the opponent
Neutral SpecialBubble Blast: same as my bubble blower submission, it launches a weak projectile forward but can be charged to create a larger bubble that can be used as an explosive mine or a platform
Down SpecialPorous Body: Gets inside a tub and absorbs the water inside, gaining the ability to blast pushing blobs of water
Side SpecialBubble Missile: Blows a Bubble Missile from BOBB and is homes into the nearest opponent, if you use this attack while the missile is still on screen you can make it split into 4 bubbles in an X pattern.
Up SpecialReef PackUses the reef blower to blast himself upwards, can push opponents as well
Final SmashGoober RockCreates a guitar that he uses to paralyze opponents with the power of rock before exploding into a grand finale
You forgot mine

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #7
Cabbage Merchant (Avatar)

He sets up a cabbage stand, which can be used as a platform but is mostly meant for you to destroy. Once destroyed, he’ll yell “My cabbages!” and there will be a bunch of cabbages on the ground which can recover health when eaten.

Gotenks (Dragon Ball)
B54F4D43-37DC-4B51-BB13-993307465FE6.jpeg

He yells “Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack!” and then spits out five little ghosts which fly around the stage. They will deal damage if they fly into anyone, which they will attempt to do.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Assist trophy submissions are now over!

Wile E Coyote and The Roadrunner Yiptap Yiptap
Cabbage Merchant Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Gotenks Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule

Wile E Coyote and The Roadrunner, Cabbage Merchant, and Gotenks will be our first assist trophies! Congratulations to Yiptap Yiptap and Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule !

SpongeBob moveset submissions are now over as well! JOJONumber691’s SpongeBob moveset has won the tie breaker. Congratulations to JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 and thanks to everyone who participated in this job!

Job #8 Submit a stage for SpongeBob and Bugs Bunny

You can submit a stage for SpongeBob, Bugs Bunny, or both. Describe what the stage is and how it would work. What cameos or hazards would there be as well?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Looney Tunes stage: Canyon
So I couldn’t really find a good image of this, but pretty much you would play on a flat highway in the canyon area from the Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner cartoons. There’s also a few platforms on the road. Occasionally cars will come by, and occasionally the roadrunner will run by. The Wile E Coyote and Roadrunner assist trophy will be disabled for this stage.

Spongebob stage: Krusty Krab

Also a fairly simple, flat stage. You play inside the restaurant and there are a bunch of tables you can stand on. The people who are eating don’t even mind at all and just continue eating when people are fighting. Squidward can also be seen at the cashier.
The stage is similar to KoF Stadium since you have to knock destroy people through the walls to KO them.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Stage submissions for SpongeBob and Bugs Bunny are now over!

SpongeBob’s stage will be the Krusty Krab by Champion of Hyrule and Bugs Bunny’s stage will be the Canyon by Champion of Hyrule as well. Congratulations to Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule !

I forgot to put this in my last post, Bugs Bunny’s moveset will be Cashregister9’s submission. Congratulations to cashregister9 cashregister9 and thanks to everyone who helped in this job!

Job #9: Submit a new mode

For this job, only one game mode will get in. It can be a mode from past Smash games or an entirely new mode. There will be more mode submissions in the future as well.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll resubmit an idea I had a while ago for Worlds Mode, only with some changes to make it work for this game.
Worlds Mode
So when you go into this mode there are a bunch of selectable worlds, one for each series represented with a fighter. So there’s a Mickey Mouse world, a Looney Tunes world, Simpsons world etc. Each world is a challenge that lasts about as long as two classic mode play throughs and has you go through a bunch of challenges based on the world. I would say out of all the modes in the smash series, this is most similar to Melee adventure mode/world of light with a bit of Smash Run.

The first level most of the time has you go through a platforming challenge similar to Smash Run/Reach the Flagpole or Find the Triforce from the Smash Melee adventure mode. You traverse through a course or maze based on a certain series and we can have some enemies from each series in this platforming challenge.

The rest of the world’s challenges are mostly matches against characters from that series (with some substitutes of course). There would also be lots of special mini-games, bonus challenges and fights based on each series. Certain special battle conditions could apply to represent the series better as well.

The mode would finish with a fight against a boss. I imagine most of the time it would be against Master Hand but we would also have a few original bosses for each series. Going through the worlds could unlock cels for each world (assuming those would be unlockable) music tracks, and maybe even alternate costumes or colours.

Assuming we’ll eventually do DLC packs, they would also come with their own worlds.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Game mode submissions are now over!

Animation Domination cashregister9 cashregister9
Worlds Mode Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule

Vote for your number one favorite in the link below!

Job #10: Submit two anime comedy characters

Only one character will be selected to join our roster! The characters submitted must be from an anime comedy. Since this job is focused on anime characters, no cartoon characters are allowed to be submitted. Make sure to explain who the character is, how they could work, how they can be appropriate and censorable (only if they are a adult/mature anime character), and why they deserve to be in our game!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Arale (Dr. Slump)
9EAFC17B-0FC5-450B-AF18-CE4838CE8FFE.jpeg

Dr. Slump is one of the most popular classic gag-series, and Arale is a pretty iconic character, especially given the numerous times she crossed over with Dragon Ball. Speaking of Dragon Ball, this series was created by the same person who made DB and even inspired a lot about early DB and a lot of other manga. She would mostly fight by using objects seen in the show or the opening, but also with her immense, world-shattering power she somehow has. And yes, she can beat Goku.

Kusuo Saiki
Another ridiculously strong character, Saiki is the main protagonist of The Disastorous Life of Saiki K, a fairly recent anime but one that is really popular thanks to the funny characters and good writing. He would fight using psychic powers and some abilities he’s been shown doing in the series.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Koutaro Tatsumi

The Producer of the Idol Group Franchouchou from Zombieland Saga.

His Moveset could involve summoning the various Zombie Idols and using various other song based skills

Shigeo "Mob" Kageyama

Mob is the Protagonist of Mob Psycho 100, Mob has Psychic powers that are quite powerful, although his true strength is seen after reaching 100% rage. He is also part of his schools body improvement club.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Meliodas (The Seven Deadly Sins)
A0C0A79B-B3A5-4B13-AAA5-0B5E6EE9E037.png

(Note: The show is mostly action, but I think it has enough comedy to fit into the prompt)
Meliodas is the demon protagonist of the Seven Deadly Sins, as well as the leader of the group of the same name, where he has been dubbed as the dragon sin of wrath. It’s not as popular as a Shonen manga, but The Seven Deadly Sins still has a decent fanbase.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I have some animation cels to submit
See the source image
Willie the Giant
See the source image
Steamboat Willie
See the source image
Money Bin
See the source image
Gossamer
See the source image
Granny
See the source image
Krusty Krab
See the source image
Neptune
See the source image
The Flying Dutchman
See the source image
Garry
See the source image
Waylon Smithers
See the source image
Ned Flanders
See the source image
Chief Wiggum
See the source image
Nelson
See the source image
Aang
See the source image
Katara
See the source image
Sokka
See the source image
Momo
See the source image
Appa
See the source image
Toph
See the source image
Zuko
See the source image
Iroh
See the source image
Bumi
See the source image
Jet
See the source image
Azula
See the source image
Firelord Ozai
See the source image
Korra

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I have some animation cels to submit
See the source image
Willie the Giant
See the source image
Steamboat Willie
See the source image
Money Bin
See the source image
Gossamer
See the source image
Granny
See the source image
Krusty Krab
See the source image
Neptune
See the source image
The Flying Dutchman
See the source image
Garry
See the source image
Waylon Smithers
See the source image
Ned Flanders
See the source image
Chief Wiggum
See the source image
Nelson
See the source image
Aang
See the source image
Katara
See the source image
Sokka
See the source image
Momo
See the source image
Appa
See the source image
Toph
See the source image
Zuko
See the source image
Iroh
See the source image
Bumi
See the source image
Jet
See the source image
Azula
See the source image
Firelord Ozai
See the source image
Korra
Wait dont cells need a description as well

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Game mode submissions are now over!

Animation Domination cashregister9 cashregister9
Worlds Mode Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule

Vote for your number one favorite in the link below!

Job #10: Submit two anime comedy characters

Only one character will be selected to join our roster! The characters submitted must be from an anime comedy. Since this job is focused on anime characters, no cartoon characters are allowed to be submitted. Make sure to explain who the character is, how they could work, how they can be appropriate and censorable (only if they are a adult/mature anime character), and why they deserve to be in our game!
Panty and Stocking! They’re from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, a 2010 Anime by GAINAX. While the series itself gets VERY Raunchy, these two can get toned down very easily since a lot of it is Sex and Cussing, both of which can be avoided very easily by not letting them do either! Still in character. That and this game being 2D avoids their other issue, since their weapons are their clothes, but Stocking uses her Stockings at 1-2 intervals, and Panty can just not let go of her gun. So yeah even with Censorship this duo is perfect. Their Stands are Emperor and Tohth. Emperor makes Panty’s Bullets home in on their opponents, while Tohth gives them a Free Counter on Smash Attacks and Parries. It’s two Stands instead of just one since Panty and Stocking fight together.

301C42F3-1DEA-4CDF-9367-372FB7F33155.jpeg

(As a Bonus, Aang’s Stand is Earth, Wind, and Fire. It shapeshifts Aang into Iconic Avatar Objects for Smash Attacks. It’s not entirely clear if Earth, Wind, and Fire counts as a Stand, but it just works perfectly for Aang regardless of if it’s actually a Stand or not.)

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Wait dont cells need a description as well
For right now, I will allow animation cels to just have a picture, name, and title of series. Writing descriptions for your own animation cel entries are allowed. I am still thinking about what to do with descriptions at the moment.

I will also be doing polls soon to fix duplicate animation cels.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for game modes and anime comedy character submissions will end in a few hours.

In the meantime, I have prepared a few polls below to decide if certain duplicate animation cels should be combined or separated.

Top Bottom