• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal crossing wild world.

KLSmash

Smash Ace
Not sure what you meant, but here are other stuff.

A really cool thing is that downstairs in the museum is a little cafe— I sat down at the bar and ordered a cup of coffee from some kind of animal-bartender. There is also a little table and a stage with a piano on it— who wants to bet K.K. shows up there and does his sets?

I planned on leaving my dude there in bed for the next person because I thought it would be funny, but when I laid down it gave me the option to save (replacing the gyroid I guess), and when I canceled he hopped up again. :-\

This was all taken from http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/animal...world/index.php
It seems like a diary entry from someone who played the game.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
^That's a pretty cool site. But anyway, only 3 days till it comes out and only 23 days till I get it...

KLSmash

Smash Ace
meleeruler said:
^That's a pretty cool site. But anyway, only 3 days till it comes out and only 23 days till I get it...
I've asked for it.... hopefully I'll get it. I can't stress hopfully enough. Are you 100% sure you're getting it... because I'd be pretty bummed out if I was expecting something for a couple months, and not getting it. If I don't get it in 23 days *wink* *wink* then I'll just get it for my birthday, 24 days after the day in 23 days... *wink* *wink*

The footage on-screen showed off an engine that was slightly reminiscent of the GameCube classic. The presentation, however, has been entirely revamped for the Nintendo DS. Instead of a basic scrolling engine as experienced on the GameCube, the Nintendo DS version will have a much more "rounded" environment to give the game a much more "spherical" look as if players were walking on a small planet. - www.ign.com

I've noticed that in the videos, and I'm not a big fan of it. I prefer the older one, on GCN.

After asking you what your name is, Kapp'n will also ask you a couple of questions regarding the nature of your name, which determines your character's gender. Next, he inquires as to what your major point of interest in your new town is (The Beach, Town Hall, Shopping, The Border and The Museum). This determines the location of your new home (although, often, the buildings tend to be fairly clustered together anyway). - IGN Boards

I want somewhere near Tom Nook's store, and the Ocean... :urg:

This is where you enter your friend codes. You can store the codes in any one of four sections, each having the capacity to hold eight codes (that's 32 codes... you can put away the calculator tongue ). You can also find your own friend code on this menu by selecting the key icon, incase you weren't paying attention when it was initial told to you by Copper. There's a people icon right below the key, which will tell you which of your friends is currently present with you. - IGN Boards

Unfortunately, nothing can be stored on the top floor, where your bed is, presumably due to the fact that there wouldn't be any room for the other beds. - IGN Boards

Upstairs, you can save by jumping into your bed (although, if you're not at your house, you can still save by pressing the Start button). Also upstairs is the phone, which connects you to your town's Service Center, allowing you to mess around with a couple of the game's options. - IGN Boards

The town hall is divided into two departments, the Civic Center and the Post Office. And, just like that smiley faced empire you love to hate - IGN Boards

"Access account," lets you access the account you've stored your Bells in. Some people may just prefer to keep the entirety of their wealth in their pocket, but you gain interest at the end of every month if you deposit them instead.
- IGN Boards

"Something lost" will have Booker show you what's currently in the lost and found. These are items that were supposedly found around town and turned in, incase they belonged to someone. Essentially, what we have here is what you might call a "freebie." The items in the lost and found aren't items that you yourself have lost, but rather, items the game's generated, which you've likely never seen before. Check the lost and found regularly to see what's been turned in. You may find some items of interest. Also, free is good and generally doesn't cost you much. - IGN Boards

YES !!! MORE FREE STUFF :)

There are a lot of little touches that make the game nice - Last night, I saw a shooting star while I was running around fishing and gathering fruit. Occasionally, you might see a package tied to a balloon, that you can shoot down with a slingshot, floating in the sky. The weather changes, day to day. Etc, etc... You get the idea. - IGN Boards

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I have no idea where to put my house. The beach is nice but near Nook's store would be convienent.

What do they mean you can't store items upstairs? Am I just supposed to have an empty upstairs?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Not long, you could make your own shirts before.

KLSmash

Smash Ace
Major holidays, such as Christmas and Halloween, are no longer in the game. They have been replaced with more Animal Crossing-specific holidays. - Wikipedia.com

Now that's crap.

The dump has been replaced by a recycle bin at the town hall. - Wikipedia.com

=O

The addition of Dr. Shrunk, a character who can sell emotions that can be used during player-to-player chat. -Wikipedia.com

=O

The addition of Lyle, a character who sells accident insurance for bee stings and counterfeit paintings. - Wikipedia.com

Interesting...

Gulliver, the seagull who washed up on shore, now rides the sky in a UFO. - Wikipedia.com

LMAO

Chill said:
What do they mean you can't store items upstairs? Am I just supposed to have an empty upstairs?
Not sure, still rechecking this. I think the upstairs is for the beds.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So, is the game actually good since it is out now.

I pre-ordered it as my christmas present with Mario Kart. It looked very interesting to me.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Crimson King said:
So, is the game actually good since it is out now.

I pre-ordered it as my christmas present with Mario Kart. It looked very interesting to me.
The game isn't out until the 5th. The store I go to will not have it until Tuesday.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Odd, my preorder shipped already.

Shame I don't have a new DS until Christmas.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Crimson King said:
Odd, my preorder shipped already.

Shame I don't have a new DS until Christmas.
Probably so you will get it within a reasonable amount of time within the release.

byt

Smash Cadet
A good way to gain some insight into the game's features is through Nintendo's offical guide. Strangely enough, it was released before the game. The upstairs is exculsively for beds (up to 4) and a phone. You can't change the appearance. On the plus side, you can upgrade your house 6 times (extra rooms!). Another noteable feature is the ability to allow downloadable content from Nintendo (through the phone on the second floor). The guide indicated that it could be anywhere from patterns to furniture.

There's a ton of other stuff, but I won't spoil it...unless wanted :)

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
It realeased today, but thanks to the shipping n stuff pretty much no one has it. I'll have to wait until wedsday.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'll be getting it tommorow but I don't know if I'll have time to play it. It's finals week(s) now.

If anyone has decided yet post your town names and character names here. And just so you know your friend code is the same as it was in MK.

Reviews:
8.8- IGN
9/10- 1 up
7.83/10- EGM
10/10- :088:

KiraYamato

Smash Journeyman
Just bought the game bout an hour ago. I only played a little so far due to me having to go to class soon but its great. I cant wait to get online and post more about it later.

Invincible Fox

Smash Journeyman
Shame. By the time I get ACWW all you guys will have your towns filled to brim with little people with blue hairdos! Not fair you guys not fair. I'm getting it at Christmas maybe BTW

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
This game looks freaking awesome. I was a big fan of GC Animal Crossing, and always thought it would be so cool online. My dreams come true! I was kinda bummed there was no chat in MK DS, but this'll do.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Kira, (or anyone else) I want to go online with someone so if anyone has the game let me know.

ACWW so far:

I have three villagers Rolf, Truffles and Fribbit(?) When I first met Rolf the white tiger he seemed to have me confused with the Coconutter. Apparently the coconutter is wanted in three towns for grand theft coconut. When I explained to him who I was he still seemed a bit leery of me and said he would have his "people" keep in eye on me. The villagers seem to have more distinct personalities. Truffles refers to Tom as "Old man Nook."

I wasted no time completing Nooks jobs just so I could buy stuff from the store. It was full of crap but at least I could buy a shovel.

Unsuprisingly I have the same fruit in my DS town as I did in my GC town. You can "pick" where your house goes but not really. I picked beach but I'm right next to Tom "slave driver" Nook.

I've played for about an hour but I haven't had a chance to fully explore everywhere in my town. Most things are still there just in different places.
Civic center: Recycling bin and mail.
Town gate: Lost items, town flag, vist other towns.
Museum: Exhibits, observatory, cafe.

I drew a lame constellation because I was to impatient to make someting fancy.

The top screen displays the sky most of the time and it's pretty cool. I caught the mailman flying by around 5:00. You don't just see the same stuff at the top, as you move the sky changes to show your movement. When you first start up the game if you let it set the camera will roam around town to let you see what's going on.

Again, if anyone want's to go online let me know pronto!

KiraYamato

Smash Journeyman
Chill said:
Kira, (or anyone else) I want to go online with someone so if anyone has the game let me know.
Ill definitely go online with you. Once i get my friend code(sometime early today) ill let you know what it is. I only get wifi in certain parts of my dorm which does not include my room so I have to go find a spot to connect to.

byt

Smash Cadet
Or...just post your Animal Crossing info in the online game registry thread. Just make sure you include your name (in-game), your town's name, and your friend code.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
All the leaves are brown... and the sky is gray...

I woke up to dark clouds and snowfall this morning! I also got a new resident some cow. She is still unpacking and told me to come back later and throw her a house warming party...

The animals aren't quite as obvious as last time. If they want something they may not tell you outright to go get it. If an animal keeps mentioning something in their conversations thought they probably will reward you for bringing it to them.

My gates are open for a visit. Donkey Dong?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
ACWW online impressions:

I just went online with Donkey Dong, it was pretty cool. One of his villagers has the hots for me. She started giving me gifts after I just met her.

I wanted to show you the hat shop becuase I didn't find it until this morning. You got lucky with that hair. I still look like elton john.. :C

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
We should try a weekly get together with members. That would be sweet.

I used to host Game Nights on SWF during summers. They were decent turn-outs. This could be much more accessible.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
A max of 4 people can be in the one townat a time.

Once again, the seasons are for the Northern hemisphere. Brown trees and grey skies when it should be green all over. :(

Then again, it has been all cold and grey the last week or so for some reason, so I guess it's fine.....

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Donkey Dong said:
Careful about inviting Chill to your towns people, he will start pimping your squirrels.
Hey! She came onto me first!

Crimson King said:
We should try a weekly get together with members. That would be sweet.
I was just coming here to suggest that. There is all kind of stuff we could try. Scavenger Hunt, Hide and seek with rewards for the winners of course.

Mic, maybe they will have a region select by the time AC Rev comes out. But since nobody likes Austrailia I doubt it.

Top Bottom