• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing Pocket Camp Ending Service Soon

ACPocket_Camp.jpg

Nintendo just announced that Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will be ending service soon. The shutdown is set to occur on November 28th, 2024 at 11 AM ET / 8 AM PT.

All is not doom and gloom though, as there will be a replacement! Nintendo is currently developing a paid version of the game without microtransactions. And, save data from the current version of Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will transfer over to it. Unfortunately though, details are rather scarce at the moment. The price of the new version and release date are both currently unknown. Luckily however, Nintendo has stated they will clarify details at some point in October 2024.

Author’s Note: It shutting down wasn't unexpected at all to me. But, a paid version to maintain the game? Yeah, didn't see that one coming. Honestly, while the shutdown of mobile games definitely kind of sucks, I think it's a very good thing that it will still be accessible and preserved in some manner. Of course though, I imagine the price is going to be important here. What do you think though? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing & Editing: Zerp Zerp
Thumbnail Graphic: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

I’m at least glad Nintendo is doing the paid offline route for this game. Hopefully it’s not too late for Dragalia Lost to get the same treatment.

Top Bottom