• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Unlikely Duo Gets A Reveal Trailer!

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman

As the release date of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is just around the corner, this reveal trailer was heavily anticipated. This character features a duo that old school gamers know and love. (It's still not Ice Climbers.) This character was one of the more unpredictable additions to the Smash universe. Nintendo fans across the world will be excited to see that the Duck was able to look past the condescending snickering of the Dog as NES players hunted his brethren in order to form an alliance in the new Smash game. Check out the reveal trailer below!

What did you think of the trailer? Who do you think will receive the next trailer?

Here's a link to some more screenshots of Duck Hunt!

KhanYe has a quiz tomorrow and can't play Smash tonight. Give him a pep talk on Twitter @rbdayman.

Last edited:

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Wow; they saved quite a bit of money with the beginning of the trailer. :laugh: Other comments here:

Duck Hunt Dog trailer, finally! At least I guessed something right! :seuss: Kind of contradicts "canon", though, in terms of how the Super Smash Bros. 4 invitation was received? :p (I'll personally interpret the trailer as just when the Duck Hunt Dog (and Duck) physically meet the Super Smash Brotherhood for the first time) The usage of NES (?) sprites is reminiscent of Pac-Man's Super Smash Bros. 4 poster, but it still looks cool (he should've tagged along in the Duck Hunt Dog trailer, too!). The animation and music were so whimisical... And a Duck Hunt stage, too (with a blatant Duck Hunt Dog paradox)?! LOL at the "Game not compatible with [NES] Zapper" text. Mario looked so dazed during Duck Hunt Dog's Final Smash..
I'm hoping Mewtwo receives the next trailer (if we're getting any more of them); Dark Pit receiving the last Super Smash Bros. 4 trailer overall would just...be...not right :urg:- his cameo in Palutena's trailer should be enough!
EDIT: Of course Sonic's "retro/classic" sprite would be visible in the Duck Hunt Dog poster but not the trailer. Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man could've tagged along!

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Kinda wish that the Duck Hunt stage was in HD like the CG part of the trailer.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
What if while they were walking to him they passed the Ice Climbers?

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Duck Hunt had the best reveal trailer. Great way to end these awesome trailers. Makes me a little sad that we may not get anymore, but let's pray Mewtwo isn't the only DLC character!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This trailer is so heartwarming; not only because nostalgia. The Dog is so hilarious and expressive, also, Dat Shulk tho.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
It was underwhelming for me...

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
The look on the Duck's face in the official artwork is priceless. :laugh: Overall, I'm satisfied with Duck Hunt Dog's revealed trailer, and we FINALLY got a Duck Hunt stage as well, so it was a blast.

Last edited:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Kind of a random sequence of events. They didn't really focus on the juxtaposition of this trailer. I'm completely okay with this.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
They should have done the trailer pre release because it was amazing, and the 8bit part with all the other characters puts into perspective Duck Hunt's historical legacy with Nintendo. I mean honestly he deserves a place at least asmuch as Pit did in Brawl.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996

Somebody with photoshop skills should make a caption of this, saying something like "We must go now, our planet needs us" or something.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

Somebody with photoshop skills should make a caption of this, saying something like "We must go now, our planet needs us" or something.
You don't need Photoshop. You need 2 things.
MsPaint and a sense of humour.

Should have gone with:

"I'll take this one, get the ones behind me!"

Last edited:

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Sooo why are they called Duck Hunt Duo in the PAL version only? I don't get it. Sucks this site has to follow american localization only.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
It was underwhelming for me...
Yeah it didn't hype me at all. Sakurai pay attention this is how you hype people.
Sakurai: Shows duck hunt's trailer, Miyamoto talks about a Pikmin 3 demo:glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare:
Me: Shows Duck Hunt's trailer, announces Wolf as DLC say hey Wolf's gonna be playable, I'm sorry, but we just started development on him so it will take time, but he's coming, I drew a sketch of him on paper because I want you to know he and some more DLC characters are on the way :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:, Miyamoto announces Pikmin 3 demo:ohwell: WOLF and more characters confirmed for DLC:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:!
That's how you hype people Sakurai. Then after a while I announce Lucas and maybe a newcomer.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I wonder if people will still call Duck Hunt "he" instead of "they", even after this trailer.

Anyways, the trailer was fun and cute, exactly like Duck Hunt :)

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Sonic's on the poster which makes it a good poster.

Anyway, great trailer! The Duck Hunt stage is pretty much the same as the one in Smash Bros. Crusade (that fan game) and I really liked that one, so this one will be cool too! :D

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Y'know... some people might consider those saying things about "where's Wolf" and "I need more DLC!" as being negative... but I find it rather encouraging.

The more people talking about it and wanting it, the more likely Nintendo is to notice and make it happen! Keep on beggin'!

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Don't you mean bread? :troll:
I was gonna say that but i figured someone might bite me.
Better yet: "Personally, we prefer the air"
This must have been what I was thinking of earlier. Was trying to think of everything Falco says because I knew one of them fit perfectly. All I could think of was Wolf's "we're gonna have fun with this thing."

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
It was a really fun trailer.

However, seeing a trailer for a character that's already known really just ruins it for me. It's really difficult to match the hype or excitement I got from watching the trailers of characters who weren't previously known.

Ah well :/

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
As the release date of​
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U​
is just around the corner, this reveal trailer was heavily anticipated. This character features a duo that old school gamers know and love. (It's still not Ice Climbers.) This character was one of the more unpredictable additions to the
Smash
universe.
What are you talking about? After Takamaru's death, a decent amount of people anticipated the Duck Hunt Dog.

He may have not been considered "likley," but he definitley was not "unpredictable".

Top Bottom