• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An un-fed and Uncustomized amiibo hits harder than you.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
the equipment known for giving some rather low placement(as if to make something negative) would be ones that give secondary effects. I have no idea if this will still apply to "custom off" but given that amiibo keep their stat boosts no matter what I would assume that these will stay. giving them item bearing patchs could work, as "all items off" restricts them from appearing, but I still wonder how someone would be able to pull it off.
From testing my Amiibos the ones you feed items to will only have those stat changes with customs on.

daguyontheladder

Smash Cadet
NNID
daguyontheladder
3DS FC
5284-2773-0878
From testing my Amiibos the ones you feed items to will only have those stat changes with customs on.
that's good, so i guess it will only take time to find the right algorithim for a balanced amiibo. but do the stat boosts from equipment go into non custom matches? I gave my Mario three of them, which are the three the game gives you from the beginning, so he has +5 in each category. so I always assumed that this is why he hit harder, guess that's not the case.

I know amiibos hit harder from default, but would giving Mario all of my equipment make him have those stat boosts(on top of the 1.5X damage) even if I was to turn custom off?

Last edited:

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
Well, using that type of equipment won't be a solution for players wanting to use custom movesets, but it's definitely better than nothing. Personally, I'm not really into customs anyway.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I find Amiibo have weak AI but in turn get stronger stats so it doesn't look like they are bad.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
The whole point of the Amiibos is that you train them, how can their AI be weak?
You train them, sure, but there are a lot of things they miss out on as clever as they might be. I've tested this with my own Amiibo, and with my friends, also there is a whole discussion on it in Smashboards. I've figured they can't go too in depth with combos and whatnot, they even can pick up bad habits along the way, but the bad habits are the trainers fault. Still, impressive job, though. Beats level 9 CPU's AI easily.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
I still think this is quality assurance. You can be bad at the game yourself, and still have a decent amiibo to fight against. No one has to be amazing at this game to get their moneys worth out of these amiibos, which allows people to have more fun than concern. This can also keep people from selling amiibos "trained" by comp player to rip people off, as every should have a good enough amiibo that stands a good chance when decently trained.

CamRinBaby

Smash Rookie
I get that Amiibo's do more damage since that way you have to learn to capitilize on the small mistakes a level 50 one makes if they are trained well.

What I really want is the ability is to have my Amiibo fight other Amiibo's online, but only ones who havent been fed items to boost their stats. Or at least when I join a friends room/make a room, make it an Amiibo Friendly room so I can play against my friends amiibos from other regions of the world.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
They seem to be heavier as well, I played against my friends fox amiibo and noticed that a mario down smash didnt kill him at >130%. Funny thing is when we checked its stats it had negative defence lol

SadPandaz

Smash Rookie
Well I have something to add to this, I've been playing w/ my amiibos for a while. I have seen that they do hit a lot harder than normal, they are heavier or they DI extremely well.

I have 6 open amiibos. I just a got a fox amiibo recently that's when I really see the difference between a normal fox and amiibo fox. His uncharched up smash hits 17% at max, amiibo's damage is 26%. I know this is just one example but all hit skills do a lot more damage than normal.

I don't feed my amiibo at all because I wanted a replacement to an actual player. But now I feel like I'm being cheated because their DMG are so high, I don't want to resort to making a custom character to boost my dmg.

I can't seem to ever beat them because they can baisicly dodge any skill you throw at them. When I do something risky they just dodge me then punish me hard. I know I'm an ok player but I wanted to learn off the amiibo. But they seem to just be frustrating me because they can kill me 20% lower than normal.

I really do wish they would have got the amiibos to be like normal players and learned to do combos, instead of them just being super buffed. I still play against my amiibos to try not do so much dumb stuff, I always have to try to get better.

Have a good day everyone.

S3R4PH

Smash Rookie
I don't personally mind that they have buffed damage stats even if they aren't fed items; to me it makes them still viable as training partners because you have to stay on your toes to not get hit, otherwise you will be punished severely. That being said, I do wish there was an option to turn this off.

b2jammer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
b2jammer
Okay, I just did a bit of research and found that to get a 1.5x damage multiplier yourself, you need an attack rating of about +65 to +70. I'd imagine the inverse would be true to get an amiibo's attack damage back to normal levels at the expense of learning new abilities, but that's quite a buff for such a quick learner as a FP.

roachstr0099

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
To ALL of you CRYBABY WEENIES, ZIP IT! crying cause your amiibo kicks your CENSOR DODGE. when mine beats me I feel PROUD! unlike you kids I TRAIN with mine. I give just as good as I take. all you busters whining of a challenge you helped create, I say STOP playing the game. PERIOD! return it and never pick up the sticks you babies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The other day, I tried out something alongside my three amiibo figures. We did a 3-stock match against four opposing CPUs, and they were all eliminated in less than 1:30. My amiibo figures weren't even at level 50 yet during that time.

roachstr0099

Smash Rookie
level them up foo. it aint hard. just let the computer woop them 1 on 1 on the highest difficulty and swith them up every 10 level intervals. youl thank me later. oh and mirror match them at lv 40 to 50 against there counterpart lv9.

b2jammer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
b2jammer
The other day, I tried out something alongside my three amiibo figures. We did a 3-stock match against four opposing CPUs, and they were all eliminated in less than 1:30. My amiibo figures weren't even at level 50 yet during that time.

I see you did most of the work, so I'm not sure if that's the amiibos being great or not. Still... wow.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I see you did most of the work, so I'm not sure if that's the amiibos being great or not. Still... wow.
I just happened to be the one who got the most KOs. The amiibos did build up the opponents' damage enough for me to make the KOs though.

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
People really don't realize this is to give you an actual challenge? Do you really think any AI in a fighting game will be enough to match human ingenuity? I'm honestly surprised anyone is upset about this. How else were amiibos supposed to compete with humans? They can register and impliment habits, but that's the extent of AI intelligence in 2014, for any game. I'm just glad to have a sparring partner or teammate that can give my friends and I a run for our money, and if they need stats to do that, more power to them.

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
People really don't realize this is to give you an actual challenge? Do you really think any AI in a fighting game will be enough to match human ingenuity? I'm honestly surprised anyone is upset about this. How else were amiibos supposed to compete with humans? They can register and impliment habits, but that's the extent of AI intelligence in 2014, for any game. I'm just glad to have a sparring partner or teammate that can give my friends and I a run for our money, and if they need stats to do that, more power to them.
No, not any game. AI's can beat the best human players at chess, for example. In a more complicated game like Smash, there's certainly no expectation of "solving" it, but computers have other distinct advantages, such as frame-perfect timing and reflexes, which human beings can't hope to achieve.

If you want more of a challenge, you can feed your Amiibo items - nobody wants to take that option away. But a lot of us want to see how our trained Amiibos will really stack up against human players. It's not too much to ask, really.

Last edited:

b2jammer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
b2jammer
I just don't think Nintendo had their priorities straight when it came to using amiibos in Smash Bros in particular. The whole selling point of amiibos in Smash was that they would learn and adopt new strategies as they continued to play, and would eventually beat everyone by outsmarting them. Actually being a challenge, partially by cheating, was never the main goal AFAIK, and the fact that they cheat with higher damage and weight really downplays the learning aspect, defeating the purpose of the amiibo in the first place.

Nintendo, if you're reading this, take the stat buffs off of uncustomized amiibos. Keep the option to feed equipment - that's fine - but don't make the untouched amiibos blatant cheaters like they are now.

Arhat

Smash Rookie
I may have discovered something important to this decision. If a kirby amiibo is up against a Ganondorf amiibo, the Ganon at level 50 does almost twice as much damage with warlock punch, hence making the kirby amiibo register that is EXTREMELY strong and allowing it to stay cautious. If the kirby amiibo decided it could take 30-40% it may decide to think again at 1.5x that. The same thing works with the defense stat, if they are bigger, stronger, and have reduced knockback, this may lead the Kirby to stay back and wait for the opportunity. The point is that they respond to other amiibo's genes (habits) and the better taught they are the more easily they accomplish this without whiffing. They don't ALWAYS have perfect air dodges either. BTW I'm posting to allow you guys to check out my guide. It works like a charm. Thanks, this info is great to know http://smashboards.com/guides/comprehensive-amiibo-training-table.541/

Last edited:

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
I know! It is insane! amiibo should do the same amount of damage as a player/CPU.

Top Bottom