• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An interesting discovery perhaps?

Vardaok

Smash Rookie
While i was playing around with the computers one day, i found out that falcon's flubbed knee of justice outprioritizes metaknight's tornado O.o. Also his falcon kick ouptrioritizes metaknight's little flying spinny attack thingy as well.

If this has already been discovered then i apologize in advance but as far as i can tell this hasn't been addressed yet.

EDIT

On another note i was playing around with snake the other day and i found out the flubbed knee cancels out his mortar usmash thingy WITHOUT hurting falcon in the process. Go figure.

On a further note for snake's mortar, the aerial falcon kick pierces through the mortar and the attack keeps going in case this wasnt discovered already.

Upon even further investigation, the flubbed knee is actually extremely situational. U have to hit the tornado at exactly 45 degree angle for this to work. Also, the direct falcon kick can only outprioritze the tornado IF IT IS FRESH. Apparently attack decay affects priority. However, all of falcon's smash attacks pierce the tornado 100% of the time and if u aerial falcon kick and aim for the middle of the tornado that works as well.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
The kick I knew of, not about the flubbed knee though, pretty cool!

Roager

Smash Ace
Dude. Awesome. Just to clarify, though, the flubbed knee... How'd you hit him? Jump over him, use the knee, and fastfall to hit with the flub hitbox? Cuz if that's the case, then the non-flub knee wouldn't be able to go through it. Irony.

Vardaok

Smash Rookie
well with the flubbed knee, i released it slightly above the halfway point of the tornado and fastfalled it to the middle area. Apparently the top of the tornado doesnt hit me while i do the knee its rather intriguing. But yeah if u flub the knee and fast fall it into the tornado from above it prob wont work. The best way is to prob run into the tornado when u see it coming and just go for the knee a little ahead of time.

Smash Apprentice
Afaik you can cancel MK's tornado with many attacks when coming from above, but it's really hard to get above a human MK tornadoing around ;<

Vardaok

Smash Rookie
yeah but the flubbed knee in generally seems to AT LEAST cancel the tornado out from what ive tested. And u dont necessarily have to hit from above to cancel it, u can run straight into it with the knee and penetrate through.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
This reminds me about reading something that said Link's NAir outprioritized Zelda's Din's Fire. Anyone tried Knee or something on it?
Din's fire, iirc, doesn't have that much "priority" on it. I know that Kirby's bair and fair both out prioritize it, and so do Lucario's. I'm sure the other aerials do as well (although I've never tried as I lack a reason to). The move itself doesn't go through much and the main problem is the range.

Another thing about dins is the ability of the Zelda to let the huge hit box hit a point where the hit box of your move isn't colliding with it. For example, they could run it past you and hit on the backside where the knee's hit box isn't there to cancel it out.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Din's fire, iirc, doesn't have that much "priority" on it. I know that Kirby's bair and fair both out prioritize it, and so do Lucario's. I'm sure the other aerials do as well (although I've never tried as I lack a reason to). The move itself doesn't go through much and the main problem is the range.

Another thing about dins is the ability of the Zelda to let the huge hit box hit a point where the hit box of your move isn't colliding with it. For example, they could run it past you and hit on the backside where the knee's hit box isn't there to cancel it out.
Yeah I woulda suggested trying UAir or NAir for better hitboxes but they're lacking on the duration. I suppose UAir is still worth trying though.

Top Bottom