• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An idea with Brawl they could've went with

RetroAntonio

Smash Apprentice
They could've made it so if you had a Melee save, it would have Mewtwo and more Melee stages, maybe even N64 stages. Any ideas YOU think would have worked?

n88

Smash Lord
That wouldn't have happened because Mewtwo was originally intended to be in the game, and got cut for an unknown reason last-minute.

Scott!

Smash Lord
So, it would be better if they hid significant amounts of content in a game (not just useless trophies like in Melee, but actual playable characters and stages), and made it so that this content could only be unlocked if you have save data from another game that isn't even on the same system? That's just silly. If you wanted to play Brawl with all its content, you'd have to buy Brawl, Melee, a GC controller, and a GC memory card just to unlock a character and some stages? No.

Depster

Smash Champion
Sounds like something nintendo would do!

(looks at the olimar trophy in melee you can only get by having pikmin data on your memory card)

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
So, it would be better if they hid significant amounts of content in a game (not just useless trophies like in Melee, but actual playable characters and stages), and made it so that this content could only be unlocked if you have save data from another game that isn't even on the same system? That's just silly. If you wanted to play Brawl with all its content, you'd have to buy Brawl, Melee, a GC controller, and a GC memory card just to unlock a character and some stages? No.
haha, that sounds like pokemon to me.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Still better than banjo-kazooie 1 needing saves from Banjo-kazooie 2 to unlock some content.
Srsly.

Untouch

Smash Master
Sounds like something nintendo would do!

(looks at the olimar trophy in melee you can only get by having pikmin data on your memory card)
In kirby canvas curse if you have an amazing mirror GBA game in the DS and you load CC you get waddle dee.

I guess that's impossible with the DSI now :confused:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
In kirby canvas curse if you have an amazing mirror GBA game in the DS and you load CC you get waddle dee.

I guess that's impossible with the DSI now :confused:

Which is the reason I didn't, and won't, buy a DSi.

It's just so inconvenient, and that makes it impossible to Pal Park in D/P/Pt.

Bleh

The real little comet

Smash Cadet
I see what you mean... sorta.
True smash bros fans would then get a bonus for actually having a past with the series.
Not some person who only saw a trailer on the internet, or just watched a friend play it.

I know I'd like to get Fourside back on the stage selection list.

...Although, it seems a bit unfair to keep some people out of things like that.
It never feels good to be left out.
It also doesn't feel good to spend money on a memory card, controller, and Melee disc for something not that important.

dgameman1

Smash Journeyman
I see what you mean... sorta.
True smash bros fans would then get a bonus for actually having a past with the series.
Not some person who only saw a trailer on the internet, or just watched a friend play it.

I know I'd like to get Fourside back on the stage selection list.

...Although, it seems a bit unfair to keep some people out of things like that.
It never feels good to be left out.
It also doesn't feel good to spend money on a memory card, controller, and Melee disc for something not that important.
but it's not like all your only getting the melee disc, controller, and memory card for the extras on brawl.
You'd be getting it to play melee and the BONUS is those extras.
And I'm pretty sure 80% of smashboards has a gc controller

The real little comet

Smash Cadet
but it's not like all your only getting the melee disc, controller, and memory card for the extras on brawl.
You'd be getting it to play melee and the BONUS is those extras.
And I'm pretty sure 80% of smashboards has a gc controller
True, true.
But the way I see it, the majority (maybe not the /majority/...) of people who don't know this site exists would only be buying melee for the extras if this was the case. The way they see it, Brawl is the better way to go. With more characters, and the ability to play with people around the world, they'll feel as if they don't have to be questioned of their favorite in the series! They might play melee about, oh... eight times before dropping it? Some people just don't appreciate nostalgia anymore.

Unlike the majority of us, who still keep the original sequel around.

We might even be digging up our Nintendo 64 to play the classic!
I know I'd like to have mine back. It still remains my favorite.

Top Bottom