• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amy Rose Thread

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm starting to hate people who assume all people here are...
-Males
-16 and older
-anybody they disagree/hate with is 13<
-Everyone is straight(well....that's my problem :ohwell:)

Well, this thread will close any way..

SonicMario

Smash Master
The real reason that this thread would be closed is that we're not even talking about Amy nor her chances right now. I've seen more sexist flame wars in this thread then every single Character mentioned in this thread. And the only one up above I have a problem with is the 16 and older part. I'm 15.

And I also can't believe My paragraph in the last page was totally ignored.

Amy 1st appeared in Sonic CD. Another classic sonic game that is still praised today by Sonic fans , She had 2 beta names. 1st she was going to be called Sally like in the comics and television: But that was changed. Then her real beta name was Rosy the Rascal, but for some unknown reason. She was given a name that made her the 3rd Sonic character to have a last name (1 and 2 being Robotnik & Tails). Her role in the game was a damsel in distress, in which you had to save her from Metal Sonic. Mind that she looked very different from today. Such as spikes that were shorter then Sonic's but still looked similar. She had different clothing tfrom today, of course she always had the Headband. But her clothes and shoes were much different. She had a yellow dress instead of the Red dress as known today. Not to mention she looked alot younger. Throughout the years, Amy only appeared in Spin-offs. Not even appearing once in big titles such as Sonic 3 & Sonic and Knuckles. Games like Sonic Drift, Sonic R, and many others were where she appeared. If Amy were to have appeared in much more titles and gained a spot somewhere in the big classics besides Sonic CD. She'd be alot more popular then she is right now. Eventually in 98-99, Sega decided to change Amy's apperence into the look we know today. Also they upped the age a little, bumping the 8-10 year old kid amy into the 12-year old Amy now. The Archie comics tried to cover this by saying that Amy used a magic emerald (Perhaps a Chaos emerald) and wished to be older, it granted the wish and that's how she became that in the Comic. She got most of her poularity by having a playable role in Sonic Adventure, the game that her redesign was 1st made for. But it was really short, only about 3 levels and not to mention the tediousness of escaping Eggman's Robot Zero until you beat Zero in a final showdown. But because of Sonic adventure, Amy started to appear alot more. Like being playable in all 3 of the advance series, battle, and many others. However, many of the 3D sonic games put Amy out of the spotlight. Like in SA2B, only playable in the multiplayer but only a cinematic role in the story. In Sonic 06, she was only playable in certain levels and after that, she is just cinema fodder again. Amy's popularity has declined more so then most Sonic characters. That's why Amy isn't even in the top 5 in popular characters. At least she has her own sidekick in Cream, who also isn't acknowleded very well for being so new and childish. We do not know Amy's future role in future games. But certainly with Amy's past, that won't get her a playable spot. Maybe not even an AT, the only hope for Amy's Popularity is if she gets a good enough role in the Sonic RPG from BioWare. But even that won't save Amy from a minor role in Brawl, mainly because the Sonic RPG won't even be out by the time Brawl comes out.

Squadalah

Smash Apprentice
Amy's stupid, Princess Sally is Sonics one true love, and has more moves besides hitting people with a girly hammer(I'm not sexist) Yes, I know Sally is not an official Sonic character, but screw it anyway

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Amy's stupid, Princess Sally is Sonics one true love, and has more moves besides hitting people with a girly hammer(I'm not sexist) Yes, I know Sally is not an official Sonic character, but screw it anyway
I'm not familiar with the Sonic comics and have only seen Princess Sally on the Sonic AM cartoon. Could you please tell me what moves Princess Sally would use in a fight? From what I gathered from my experiences with Sonic AM, she would use gadgets.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
^^^
I do not think Smashboards deserves a Sonally VS. Sonamy flame war Squadalah. I hope it doesn't lead to that.
Smashboards doesn't deserve chaotic flame wars. What it does deserve is civilized discussion and as long as Sally and Amy discussion remains just that, then there is no reason the discussion shouldn't take place.

Squadalah

Smash Apprentice
Sally has martial arts, magic sword, guns, gadgets, and some other things while Amy just hits people with a hammer

SonicMario

Smash Master
I just think flaming eachother because of different love couple wants is stupid. We know that Sonic will never have a "real" date with Amy, A top official of Sega said so that it was Amy's style to just keep chasing Sonic. And as for Sally, that just isn't official anyway.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Sally has martial arts, magic sword, guns, gadgets, and some other things while Amy just hits people with a hammer
Hmm..

Sally does seem more interesting than Amy, but as far as game importance goes, I think Amy surpasses her by leaps and bounds which is a major factor to Sakurai when selecting a PC.

I will say that I wouldn't mind seeing Sally as a PC....given she has all the tools and skills that make her a neat character. ^_^

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Sally is not canon to to the Sonic series, so she doesn't matter. Anyways, Naka said that Sonic and Amy would probably never get married.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sally isn't even a game character. She only had 2 cameos in Sonic games. One in Sonic Spinball, 2 in Sonic Mega Collection. So Sally CAN'T be playable or even appear in anyway in Brawl because she was made mostly specifically for the comics and TV shows. But you can know this fact: Amy was orginally be Sally in Sonic CD but it never came to pass.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Sally isn't even a game character. She only had 2 cameos in Sonic games. One in Sonic Spinball, 2 in Sonic Mega Collection. So Sally CAN'T be playable or even appear in anyway in Brawl because she was made mostly specifically for the comics and TV shows. But you can know this fact: Amy was orginally be Sally in Sonic CD but it never came to pass.
Yep, that is right. And besides, if she did made it, that means that Chris from Sonic X might too.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Eh, I said that before I even saw her age. Now I'm even more embarrassed for her.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Because Sakurai clearly stated that, to be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, a character must originate from a game and appear on a Nintendo platform.

Is this difficult for you comprehend?

Xanderous

Smash Lord
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
'
Manga: Sonic the Hedgehog
Author Kenji Terada (story)
Sango Norimoto (art)
Publisher Shogakukan
Original run 1992 –
Manga: Dash & Spin; Super Fast Sonic
Author Santa Harukaze (art)
Publisher Flag of JapanShogakukan
Serialized in Coro Coro Comics
Manga: Speed Demon! Sonic Dash!
Author Kiyo Yamahara

The Sonic the Hedgehog manga series was based off the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. The series, published in Shogakukan's Shogaku Yonensei (literally "fourth-year student") was written by Kenji Terada and it was illustrated by Sango Norimoto.

The manga, which started in 1992, was about a hedgehog boy named Nicky Parlouzer who can turn into Sonic the Hedgehog. Along with Miles "Tails" Prower, Sonic fights Dr. Eggman.

Nicky has several friends in the "real world", including little John, his girlfriend Amy (a prototype/first incarnation of Amy Rose), a lizard bully named Anton Beruuka with his little brother, Matt, and Charmy (a prototype/first incarnation of Charmy Bee). Nicky's family at home includes his mother, Brenda, his father, Paulie, and his little sister, Anita.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
'
Manga: Sonic the Hedgehog
Author Kenji Terada (story)
Sango Norimoto (art)
Publisher Shogakukan
Original run 1992 –
Manga: Dash & Spin; Super Fast Sonic
Author Santa Harukaze (art)
Publisher Flag of JapanShogakukan
Serialized in Coro Coro Comics
Manga: Speed Demon! Sonic Dash!
Author Kiyo Yamahara

The Sonic the Hedgehog manga series was based off the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. The series, published in Shogakukan's Shogaku Yonensei (literally "fourth-year student") was written by Kenji Terada and it was illustrated by Sango Norimoto.

The manga, which started in 1992, was about a hedgehog boy named Nicky Parlouzer who can turn into Sonic the Hedgehog. Along with Miles "Tails" Prower, Sonic fights Dr. Eggman.

Nicky has several friends in the "real world", including little John, his girlfriend Amy (a prototype/first incarnation of Amy Rose), a lizard bully named Anton Beruuka with his little brother, Matt, and Charmy (a prototype/first incarnation of Charmy Bee). Nicky's family at home includes his mother, Brenda, his father, Paulie, and his little sister, Anita.

Everything you said was true except you posted the wrong comics, those Corocoro comics are the most recent Japanese comics in Japan.

This is the comic where Amy debuted it, she's seen on the far right.

Top Bottom