• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, if anyone's missing amiibo, come to Germany.

I'm on vacation now, and they're all over. For the first time, I've seen Little Mac, Dedede, and Rosalina on shelves. And Ike - one store had about 6 or 7, not to mention over 11 WFTs. Oddly, Zelda is nowhere to be seen...

I went and picked up an Ike for myself. I think it may be a second printing since the connector from his sword tip to the base is grey instead of gold, but I like that his face is not derpy, and the sword is nice and straight.
First print Ikes in Europe have always had the grey base on the sword.

And yes, Germany has it very good. Though that doesn't reflect the rest of Europe. Germany is where Nintendo of Europe is located, so they are very well stocked as a result.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
US Ikes also have grey connectors. Good to see Europe got a bunch of amiibos they get shafted on before.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Germany has always been fine, and Ike has always been pretty common in Europe for some reason. It's mostly the UK & Ireland that got shafted on so many, and other places like maybe France when it comes to brick and mortar.

We're finally getting our first batches of lots of characters we missed though, which is always nice.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm going to Paris; I will be happy to report on what the amiibo selection is like there.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
First print Ikes in Europe have always had the grey base on the sword.

And yes, Germany has it very good. Though that doesn't reflect the rest of Europe. Germany is where Nintendo of Europe is located, so they are very well stocked as a result.
So is Japan's, I alsonotice my Ike's grey base left a bit grey paint out on to the sword's tip a bit...

未命名.png

Germany has always been fine, and Ike has always been pretty common in Europe for some reason. It's mostly the UK & Ireland that got shafted on so many, and other places like maybe France when it comes to brick and mortar.

We're finally getting our first batches of lots of characters we missed though, which is always nice.
Taiwan has also had some rare amiibos here in fair price.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Releasing on the 27th of November in Europe.

Releasing on the 15th of November in the US, at a MSRP of $39.99.

Also Nintendo put out updated Star Fox: Zero boxart, confirming Amiibo support (though it kind of already was confirmed):

Also UK/EU release dates for upcoming Smash Amiibos

Unsurprisingly, Falco is coming out on the same day as Star Fox: Zero.

Also Animal Crossing Amiibo, including a 3-pack.

http://infoamiibo.com/les-amiibo-animal-crossing-en-photo/

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Your Star Fox image is forbidden - try downloading and uploading.

Who here thinks we'll get a Wolf amiibo to go along with Falco?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Recently, my brother and I got Ike and Dark Pit amiibos. While neither of us is particularly up-to-date on Fire Emblem Fates, what it's about, or how it is compared to the other games, we've enjoyed Awakening, so we'll probably wind up getting it, and my brother got Dark Pit to mess with me since he knows that I dislike the character. (plus, he's probably the closest that we'll get to getting a Pit amiibo)

I know that Lucario (and possibly Dark Pit) have lost their exclusivity in Canada, so I'm hoping that will be the case for other amiibos - I'm really hoping to get Meta Knight (or Dedede, who is bizarrely impossible to find) at some point, and my local Best Buy only has Mario series amiibo, Pikachu, Sonic, and Pac-Man.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Here you are good Sir.

And it would be awesome to see Wolf come as an Amiibo, Smash or Zero.
I think this every time I see this game:

I kinda want this game on the artstyle alone. Wonder what amiibo will be with this - there were the rumors about Arwing transformers...?

Or Smash Wolf, that'd be great.

Game Boy

Smash Rookie
NNID
MinerZonian
I feel ashamed in myself. So on my birthday, I went to a store to buy a game, but in the corner of my eye I saw Amiibo.
The characters were; Lucario, Sheik, Toon Link, and Mega Man. And being the big Mega Man fan I wanted to get him, only his price was 60 bucks. So I didn't get him, bought Kirby Super Star, went to a Gamestop where I picked up Kirby, and then went home. Only, Super Star didn't work with the system I had, so we took it back and traded it in for Mega Man (Which was roughly the same price) So while I still have him to this day, I feel guilty about giving in to the scalper price, the blatant message here is.
Although it may be one you really want, no Amiibo is worth more than it's retail price or $15/20 max.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
All this Amiibo news; anything for the US releases? Meaning, any ordering that can be done sometime soon?

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
All this Amiibo news; anything for the US releases? Meaning, any ordering that can be done sometime soon?
You missed the Target online release, and Gamestop already did preorders for the retro 3-pack. Not sure about anything else.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Love that Mega Yoshi Amiibo, but I'm not spending $40 on a plushie. That's just too much for me.
Soon we wont know what is an amiibo.

Is your food on a base stand?
Can you scan your bed into your Wii U?
Is your dad an amiibo?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So... How do you guys keep your amiibo clean? I live in a city where there's a lot of dust, and I don't know what to do about that.
I put my amiibo in a shelf that has glass covered, so there won't be any dust. Try to put amiibo figures in a case.

honeclawshonedge

Smash Rookie
NNID
tom.braithwaite
I don't know if people can relate to this or if I'm just bad at training, but does anyone train a Rosalina amiibo with it hardly ever using Fair (I've had to re-train it without ever using the move because it was so bad) and then all of a sudden she's found a new love for this terribly laggy aerial as soon as she hit level 50. What's worse is that I can't seem to break her habit because I get hit by it loads....
She still wins all of her matches against my Sheik, Palutena and Greninja amiibos, but every time she gets sweet-spotted up smashed for missing it at 100% I die a little inside. Should I just leave her to do her thing or should I reset her until she stops using it?

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I don't know if people can relate to this or if I'm just bad at training, but does anyone train a Rosalina amiibo with it hardly ever using Fair (I've had to re-train it without ever using the move because it was so bad) and then all of a sudden she's found a new love for this terribly laggy aerial as soon as she hit level 50. What's worse is that I can't seem to break her habit because I get hit by it loads....
She still wins all of her matches against my Sheik, Palutena and Greninja amiibos, but every time she gets sweet-spotted up smashed for missing it at 100% I die a little inside. Should I just leave her to do her thing or should I reset her until she stops using it?
This is exactly what happened to my Yoshi. It never used Egg Toss from level 1-49, then as soon as it hit 50 it's like that's the only move it knows. From what I hear, every Yoshi has this problem, and the common solution is to swap its Up+B with the custom that doesn't throw eggs. Too bad you can't do that with an aerial :/

honeclawshonedge

Smash Rookie
NNID
tom.braithwaite
This is exactly what happened to my Yoshi. It never used Egg Toss from level 1-49, then as soon as it hit 50 it's like that's the only move it knows. From what I hear, every Yoshi has this problem, and the common solution is to swap its Up+B with the custom that doesn't throw eggs. Too bad you can't do that with an aerial :/
I heard about that with Yoshi too, maybe because Fair is a multi-hit move and the AI uses moves that hit more often? I guess I'll just have to live with it; other than this Starbucks is an absolute monster when it comes to setups with Luma, she's learned how to ping-pong ftilts and use Luma's second hit of nair into grabs and up smash for KOs. All my hard training is paying off!

_gold_

Smash Master
I'm fairly certain this is extremely old news to you guys, but:

Just wanted to point out that this does works. My Samus Amiibo is living proof. She'll 3-stock a lvl 9 CPU Samus. I don't know why it enhances their potential and power, just by simply doing nothing. It's extremely bizarre.

Last edited:

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Just going to post an updated version of my collection:

Own: :4bowser::bowser2:(Mario):4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4fox::substitute: (all three Inklings):4jigglypuff::4kirby::4link::4luigi::luigi2:(Mario):4mario::mario2:(Mario):4mario:(Silver):4marth::4megaman::4ness::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::peach:(Mario):4pikachu::4pit::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::substitute:(Toad):4tlink::4wario::4yoshi::yoshi2:(Mario):4zelda: (all except possibly Fox are NA, OoB)

Pre-Ordered/In-Transit: :4duckhunt::4gaw::4rob:(NES) (all previous as 3-pack):4shulk:(Japanese Import)

Want (Currently Released Anywhere): :4bowserjr::4falcon::4drmario::4ganondorf::4greninja::4myfriends::4littlemac::4lucario::4lucina::mario2:(Gold):4metaknight::4olimar::4robinm::4villager::4wiifit::4zss:

Want (Announced, but not yet released)::4falco::4lucas::mario:(8-bit Mario, either version):4mewtwo::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4rob:(FC) :4feroy::4ryu::substitute:(Shovel Knight, if it really does exist)

Last edited:

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
Shovel Knight amiibo confirmed to be real!

Awesome. I mean, this does deconfirm Shovel Knight for Smash, since the box-art is not even close to the style of the Smash characters, and they wouldn't make two separate amiibo for a 3rd party indie game in this situation, but awesome, nonetheless.

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
Awesome. I mean, this does deconfirm Shovel Knight for Smash, since the box-art is not even close to the style of the Smash characters, and they wouldn't make two separate amiibo for a 3rd party indie game in this situation, but awesome, nonetheless.
Well, it doesn't necessarily mean that Shovel Knight's out of the running. You know how there's a Smash Bros. series and Super Mario series version of the Mario characters? Shovel Knight could easily follow suit if he found his way into Smash.

The fact that they're actually making a Shovel Knight amiibo is actually very promising, because it shows that Nintendo is willing to work with third-parties and indie devs in these regards. Adding him to Smash would be an easy step, Sakurai permitting.

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
Well, it doesn't necessarily mean that Shovel Knight's out of the running. You know how there's a Smash Bros. series and Super Mario series version of the Mario characters? Shovel Knight could easily follow suit if he found his way into Smash.

The fact that they're actually making a Shovel Knight amiibo is actually very promising, because it shows that Nintendo is willing to work with third-parties and indie devs in these regards. Adding him to Smash would be an easy step, Sakurai permitting.
For a character with little to no Japanese recognition, making 2 different amiibo doesn't make much sense. I'm calling this a deconfirmation here, if it wasn't clear enough already.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
For a character with little to no Japanese recognition, making 2 different amiibo doesn't make much sense. I'm calling this a deconfirmation here, if it wasn't clear enough already.
Agreed. The Shovel Knight game hasn't even been released/localised in Japanese yet either so seeing a Smash Bros amiibo variant seems very unlikely as of right now. Although keep in mind, Yacht Club has been pitching the idea of a Shovel Knight amiibo to Nintendo since E3 2014. The amiibo seems like it'll only work for the Shovel Knight game when it's released but the compatibility with first-party games is still in talks. I'm sure we'll see a Super Mario Maker variant though, I mean it's perfect!

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
As for SK's inclusion in Smash based on the amiibo, here's a few things we know:

+ YCG and Nintendo have been working closely for over a year to get this amiibo out. That bodes well for Nintendo's willingness to work with Indie companies.
- The packaging was once thought to be a mock-up, but a photo taken by Game Grumps clearly shows that it has a unique base with a Shovel Knight logo, not the Smash logo. It's a little interesting that it appears to be made with the same material and color as the Smash bases, but largely irrelevant in the end.
? With months to wait, we may presume that the amiibo in the Game Grumps' possession is a prototype model. So, there's still time for that base to change to a Smash one.

I give it a 50/50 right now. Some big names are still claiming there's Smash DLC to go with it, but that's happened before without a payoff. At this point, it's looking likely someone spotted the amiibo and jumped to the conclusion that it was for Smash - but we have a while to keep hoping!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The rumour of Shovel Knight being in Smash is debunked by the Amiibo as it relied on it being a Smash Amiibo. Retailers were claiming it would be a Smash Amiibo, which led people to believe he would be in Smash. Though retailers only said that out of what I can only assume was a mistake. To the common person working in retail, it's very easy to mistakenly think all Amiibo figures are for Smash since most figures are Smash ones and it's still probably the game with the most extensive use for them. And the hunting is most rabid within the Smash line.

He could still show up but he's back to square one on the rumour mill.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Supposedly there's more to it than that, but the 'inner circle' of leakers is keeping those details to themselves... and it's a bit off-topic for the amiibo thread. Sorry for bringing it up!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was at my local GameStop today checking for pre orders. Sadly there are none yet, and their stock is still pretty bad. A handful of Bowser Jr and Dr. Mario, 1 Marth, and 1 Meta Knight.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I just ordered a Charizard amiibo off Amazon.

I was at my local GameStop today checking for pre orders. Sadly there are none yet, and their stock is still pretty bad. A handful of Bowser Jr and Dr. Mario, 1 Marth, and 1 Meta Knight.
They have GameStops in Ireland? That's pretty cool.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's sad that a Gamestop in Ireland can still be "pretty bad" when it has any of those characters...that's unheard of for the US. Hell, three are outright impossible for the US.

Top Bottom