• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I've been doing another amiibo tournament. Last tournament was 12 amiibos, 3 stocks, and was posted on smashes replay.

This tournament brings in 16 amiibos, 2 stocks, 3 minutes, and is posted on youtube. Why 3 minutes? Because that's the time limit for youtube videos using smash's wii u uploader. So of course I have to put up a rule for this tourny: No sudden death. It goes past the 3 minute mark and you won't be able to see the match, so I have to redo the match and see who wins by 1 stock or get rid of all stocks.

I finally got it done and you can enjoy the tournament right here. https://youtu.be/Dh3rNktexdo and you can find the Playlist for all tournament matches.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I just lucked out, my local GameStop had a used Fox, and now, I have all of the Original 8! (Out of the Original 12, however, I'm just missing Captain Falcon.) I'd provide a photo, but my phone's not letting me...

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Apparently the retro 3-pack's been available online on Gamestop for a long while.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
Pre-ordered the retro 3-pack the other day! :D I was surprised that there was enough for everyone in the line. Keep it up Nintendo!

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
all right so i got my olimar, bowser jr and the dreaded dr. mario amiibo in today which makes me having 44 amiibos! and i managed to place an order on the retro pack 3 amiibos earlier today! hope the order doesnt get canceled.

Last edited:

Yammark Iggy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trolltorb
3DS FC
1977-0250-8724
Finally got a Samus amiibo. I called her 'Toni Stark'.

I challenge ANYONE to come up with a better name. I DARE YOU!
When I'm getting a Wario amiibo, I'm calling him Fat Tony.

How's that for a better name, HUH?!

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Any word on when amiibos beyond the 3-pack will release in NA?

PF9

Smash Lord
Finally got a Samus amiibo. I called her 'Toni Stark'.

I challenge ANYONE to come up with a better name. I DARE YOU!
Ripley after the main character from the Alien series (which heavily inspired Metroid). That's the name I used.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Has anyone heard of amiiqos?
A special NFC device that you can get many amiibo figures data in one.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What exactly does an amiiqo do?
Here's what I found it's description on 3dsgamerworld

Amiiqo is a NFC toy emulator currently supporting ALL existing Amiibo figurines,
including some special unreleased ones.

It comes preloaded with 10 demo figurines (5 unreleased) and has the capacity to store up to 200 of them.

How does it work:

With our supplied Android app, you can transfer onto your Amiiqo any Amiibo image
you possess. Wether it comes from your personal backup, from a friend or even if its an image downloaded on the internet.

The image can be from a ‘blank’ (new, unplayed) figurine but also from a Amiibo
that was already levelled up or with power-ups, making it a super effective cheat
system.

What you need to do:

Simply place the Amiiqo instead of the Amiibo on the console to load up the last used figurine.
You can switch to the next stored figure by simply pushing and holding the Amiiqo’s button prior to placing on console.

Storage banks order and range can all be configured with the help of our app.

With Amiiqo and the help of some friends (or the internet) you can own ALL
existing Amiibo’s including the rarest ones, this way you can progress much much faster.

Amiiqo is the ultimate Amiibo collection in the palm of your hand.

What more can you expect from Amiiqo?

Scheduled to come from Amiiqo are features such as, added compatibility, cheat system and new transfer/control methods & apps.

AMIIQO features
  • Can plug and play:
- 1. DarkPit
- 2. Palutena
- 3. Ganondorf
- 4. Falco
- 5. R.O.B
- 6. Link
- 7. Mario
- 8. Pikachu
- 9. Yoshi
- 10. Donkeykong

• Can add additional characters
- up to 200

• Easy switch mode
- push button

• Android compatible

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Playing as Sonic in an official Mario game is now a thing that you can officially do.

If they actually use one of his sprites from the Game Gear/Master System games, I will go nuts.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wonder why Robin's separated from the rest of the Fire Emblem characters. Huh.

Also, for those that didn't know, it's been confirmed that the ONLY way to get the Miis in the USA is through the 3 Pack, like with the retros.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Technically it's Mario in a Sonic Costume, but close enough!
I know that's how Nintendo wants to explain it, but literally how does Mario turn into characters smaller than him or completely different in shape to him, and it's "just a costume"?

There is no way Mario suddenly becomes fit enough to resemble WFT.

The Treehouse is lying, they are not to be trusted.

Last edited:

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Just pre ordered the Retro pack at Gamestop online. I'm a bit surprised that they still have the pre order online. I'm also waiting for my :4drmario::4bowserjr::4olimar: amiibo to arrive. Which should hopefully arrive sometime this week or next week.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I might as well list all of the Amiibo I currently own.

From the Smash Bros. line:

Mario: :4bowser::4luigi::4mario::4yoshi:

Pokemon: :4charizard::4pikachu:

Kid Icarus: :4darkpit::4pit:

Donkey Kong: :4diddy:

Kirby: :4kirby:

Zelda: :4link::4sheik::4tlink::4zelda:

Earthbound: :4ness:

Pac-Man: :4pacman:

Sonic: :4sonic:

From the Super Mario line:

:4bowser::4luigi::4mario::4yoshi:(Toad)

From the other Amiibo lines:

Inkling Girl

I have a total of 23 Amiibo in my collection.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
lol just got my :4drmario::4bowserjr::4olimar: amiibo today.

All I need now is :4duckhunt::4gaw::4rob: and :4mewtwo: and my amiibo collecting shall be done. Unless someone like K. Rool or Snake ends up becoming DLC.

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
Got :4mario: today. Yes, just today. Noticed the Smash edition Mario was getting rare, and I have a goal to get one amiibo from every company (Nintendo's Mario, SEGA's Sonic, Namco's PAC-MAN, and Capcom's Mega Man,) so I decided it was now or never. I have :4sonic: and :4pacman:, and had an opportunity to get Mega Man at the same time I got Sonic, but had to choose between the two, and unfortunately it looks like ol' Manga Mang is nearly extinct as far as retailers go.

After I complete the multi-party foursome and get my Retro 3-Pack, I think I'm gonna be just about done collecting.

By the way, any good amiibo names for :4mario:?

-----

EDIT: I named him Prometheus, and I'm teaching him only fire moves. He's already gimp-KO'd me at Level 6. This is gon' be good. Heheh.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Got my Japanese Dr. Mario today, so I am done with getting new Smash Amiibo unless Pichu is announced as DLC and it gets an Amiibo.

Now my attention turns to the Splatoon Amiibo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina's Target.com page also went live again with the new Wave, so she may be getting another restock.

PF9

Smash Lord
Well as I mentioned earlier, my Smash Amiibo hunt is complete for now.

For those who missed, here is another rundown of my Amiibo names:

Pikachu: The Brain (reference to a certain silver age WB cartoon character who is of the same animal as Pikachu)
Kirby: Munchlax (both like to eat)
Bowser: Satan (both are inherently evil, and are associated with fire)
Rosalina: Elsa (this Frozen character looks like the mother of the Lumas)
Samus: Ripley (main character of Alien movie series, a major influence on the Metroid games which themselves could make great movies - you probably wouldn't like who I have in mind to play Samus though)
Peach - Cinderella (named after another Disney princess, I will use white dress to complete the reference)
Charizard - Toothless (after the lead dragon in the How to Train Your Dragon series)
Wario - Terrance or Phillip (TBD by coin flip, a reference to either South Park character, which in turn refers to one of Wario's specials, and I think you know which one)
Dr. Mario - Becker (after my favorite television doctor, played by the talented Ted Danson, who also played Sam on Cheers, which is from the same studio as Becker)

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I've been giving my Dr. Mario amiibo (Overdose) some intense training. Incase you didn't know, I wasn't satisfied of how he turned out at level 50 because of the training I did was different and he wasn't even very good as I expected him to be. He managed to make it in the finals of the tournament I posted on youtube but absolutely got destroyed by Fire Ball. Since then, I have to give it all I got to him. Playing as Doc wasn't going to make him much better and Mario he can punish easily. I have to throw in a variety of characters. I have to be a lot more offensive and move a lot to get Overdose up to speed. He managed to beat me as Fox, Little Mac, Ryu, and Marth and he lost to Falco, Duck Hunt, Roy, and Game & Watch.

Now he is on par with Fire Ball and Lugy and he is now one of the amiibos that can win a 1v7 level 9 cpu match (Also recorded on my youtube channel).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just pre ordered the Retro pack at Gamestop online. I'm a bit surprised that they still have the pre order online. I'm also waiting for my :4drmario::4bowserjr::4olimar: amiibo to arrive. Which should hopefully arrive sometime this week or next week.
I got that pre-order online yesterday too... even though I already got the pre-order from Game Stop on August 8... now I will have two retro packs... :awesome:

Top Bottom