• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I put Silver Mario amiibo to work. His name is Fire Ball. Since I won't get that custom paint ice kirby for awhile (I need to get another kirby so I don't use my original one). He would be my competition of going against lugy, my best amiibo.

Surprisingly enough, at level 39, he took down Fire Mario (my 3rd best amiibo) and took down Bidizzle (my 2nd best amiibo) at 41. 0_0.

So I guess I should bring up the stats of the 4 amiibo.

:4mario:Fire Mario, no stat boosts or anything added. (Can occasionally defeat Bidizzle and Lugy) can win 1v2s against level 9 cpus

:4mario:Bidizzle,
Attack = 73
Defense = 21
Speed = 26
No bonus effects
(Beats Fire Mario and occasionally beats Lugy) also can win 1v2s against level 9 cpus

:4luigi:Lugy,
Attack = 102
Defense = 14
Speed = 4
+ Explosive perfect shield
+ Health-restoring shield
+ Lifesteal
(My best amiibo) Can win 1v2s against CUSTOM level 9 cpus

:4mario:Fire Ball,
Attack = 103
Defense = 11
Speed = 6
+ Explosive perfect shield
+ Powered up in a crisis
+ Health-restoring shield
Currently level 42.
(Supposedly the upcoming rival of Lugy)

I want to know who you guys think will win once Fire Ball levels up to 50. Fire Ball or Lugy?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Thinking of cracking open a Sheik and training with her. I'm not great with her yet, but if my experience with my Kirby amiibo has taught me anything, it's that when training these things, learning goes both ways.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

In Europe, Falco is marked as "No.52" in the Smash line. However, none of the so far announced characters in the Smash line are listed as "No.51".

This means that we are getting another Smash Amiibo alongside Falco's release, and possibly even beforehand.

Most are speculating that it will be Mewtwo, since the Mewtwo Amiibo was at SDCC.

kylexv

Smash Master

In Europe, Falco is marked as "No.52" in the Smash line. However, none of the so far announced characters in the Smash line are listed as "No.51".

This means that we are getting another Smash Amiibo alongside Falco's release, and possibly even beforehand.

Most are speculating that it will be Mewtwo, since the Mewtwo Amiibo was at SDCC.
It probably is, making the amiibo order (by No.) this:

:4mario::4peach::4yoshi::4dk::4link::4fox::4samus::4wiifit::4villager::4pikachu::4kirby::4marth:
:4zelda::4diddy::4luigi::4littlemac::4pit::4falcon:
:rosalina::4bowser::4lucario::4tlink::4sheik::4myfriends::4shulk::4sonic::4megaman::4dedede::4metaknight:
:4robinm::4lucina::4wario::4charizard::4ness::4pacman::4greninja::4jigglypuff:
:4palutena::4darkpit:
:4zss::4ganondorf::4drmario::4bowserjr::4olimar:
:4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun:
:4mewtwo::4falco:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
https://raru.co.za/video-games/2856071-nintendo-amiibo-mewtwo-for-3ds-wii-u

This European site is listing Mewtwo's release date as October 23rd.

This same site has listed release dates for various Amiibos before Nintendo had announced their release dates in the past, such as the Splatoon Amiibos, and they have been right every single time.

This further adds credence to the theory that we are getting Mewtwo before Falco, making Mewtwo character No. 51. Falco is still only slated for Winter, meaning they are most likely launching him with Star Fox: Zero and will likely have a bundle that includes the game, the Falco Amiibo, and that Arwing Amiibo they said they were prototyping.

Also, two fun bits of trivia regarding the Mewtwo Amiibo:

:4mewtwo:If Mewtwo is indeed No. 51, then it's a cheeky reference to his Pokédex number - "051" reversed is "150", and #150 is Mewtwo's Pokédex number.

:4mewtwo:If Mewtwo is indeed released in any region on October 23rd, then that means his Amiibo releases exactly a year after his initial reveal for Smash 4 - the 50-Fact Extravaganza for Smash Wii U, that contained Mewtwo's original announcement, was originally streamed on October 23rd, 2014.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
"My sweet prince."

My Robin amiibo arrived two days ago. Got him Japanese-imported during Amazon Prime Day for a discounted price. I've used the default female and named her "Grima". Her current build is Attack-focused with medium Defense by feeding her equipment for increased lateral air movement, increased walk speed, and increased air defense. But Speed Thunder, Arcfire+, and Goetia on her. I like to pretend she's a clone of Robin, as the name would suggest.

Works so good I just had to tell the world about it:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
"My sweet prince."

My Robin amiibo arrived two days ago. Got him Japanese-imported during Amazon Prime Day for a discounted price. I've used the default female and named her "Grima". Her current build is Attack-focused with medium Defense by feeding her equipment for increased lateral air movement, increased walk speed, and increased air defense. But Speed Thunder, Arcfire+, and Goetia on her. I like to pretend she's a clone of Robin, as the name would suggest.

Works so good I just had to tell the world about it:
Too bad that my brother who is a huge Robin fan, still can't get the amiibo because he don't have any cash to buy it. He already spends on other Japan only 3DS games.

spamwichx

Smash Cadet
NNID
samantharrgh
all you guys named your amiibos normal names.

i named mine:

:4link:lank :4pit: pot :4darkpit: derk pat :4myfriends: bike :4marth:barf :4jigglypuff: poof :4kirby: birby:4ness:nass etc.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
MY amiibo's names are:

:4mario::Wolverine(based from the X men movies)
:4luigi::Ghost(From one of the characters in Matrix Reloaded)
:4pikachu::Sabretooth(from X men series)
:4kirby:: LL Cool Jr
:4palutena::B Goddess(Blood Goddess, and I couldn't find a better name for her so I went with it along with her cute red costume)
:4link::Strider(from lord of the rings)
:4tlink::Sam
:4sonic::The Flash(May be the next flash)
:4peach::Daisy(Couldn't a good name for her so I just went with it XD)
:4zelda::White Witch(from lord of the rings and if only Zelda was blonde with her white costume XD)
:4bowser::Godzilla(He may be the next one if he leaves Peach alone XD)

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Got another amiibo tournament coming up in less than a month, so I cracked open a Sheik and started playing. I'm actually feeding this one, trying to keep defense at 0 while raising attack and speed as high as possible.

She's getting squirrelly fast, already slipping out of my combos by level 20 and catching me a lot of the same ways I've taught her. Got a good feeling about this one.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Fire Ball lost to Lugy, it was a close match especially in the first round where they both were high percentage and on the last stock (Fire Ball did win the first round out of 3). Lugy was still superior for the rest of the match. I'll put up a replay so you can look at the final match and I'll be specific with the details so you can find it easier.
Character: Luigi or Mario
Mode: Smash
Stage: Battlefield
Region: United States
Comment: Smashing Battle

I also put Fire Ball up against a team of 7 level 9 cpus, this time with team attack on. It was very interesting to see Fire Ball wining and I did the same with Lugy.

Since we are talking about amiibo names, I'll share mine with the model and in game color.

:4mario:Fire Ball (Silver mario/Green)
:4mario:Fire Mario (Custom smash mario/Fire flower suit)
:4mario:Bidizzle (Original smash/Purple)
:4luigi:Lugy (Original smash/Yellow with green pants)
:4pacman:Pak-Mon (Original smash/Black)
:4charizard:Shar (Original smash/Red)
:4wario2:Not Mario (Original smash/ classic red)
:4sonic:Onion Ring (Original smash/Gray)
:4tlink:Toon Lenk (Original smash/Purple)
:4dk:Danky Kang (Original smash/Yellow)
:4diddy:Nintendu (Original smash/Blue)
:4bowser:Bowwow (Original smash/Yellow)
:4kirby:Curbie (Original smash/Green
:4samus:Lamp (Original smash/Red)
:4yoshi:Bozer (Original smash/Red)

Future,
:4drmario:Dr. Bidizzle (?) (Original smash/Purple)
:4kirby:Ice Kirby (Custom smash kirby/blue)

Last edited:

Gamers In Control

Smash Rookie

What the title says. Will add to this overtime with listings.

Rules:
1. Site Terms and Conditions still apply, so please keep that in mind when posting links.
2. No advertising/selling of any sort. Discussing trades is also not allowed.
3. Talking about specific scalpers is frowned upon/potential spam infraction. Don't give them the attention they want.

4. This thread is primarily for amiibos and how they relate to Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U, discussing other games that function with amiibos (that also work with Smash) is allowed, but full scale discussions should be take to the NintenZone Board.

As hunting for amiibos is hard, at least in the United States, if there's an update/deal or tip for tracking them down feel free to tag a staff member so they can add the tip to the OP/change the thread title.
Great Info!

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Okay, I finally got my Japanese :4pit:and:4zss: today, and with that, I finished all of Wave 2. I won't be ordering anymore amiibos online for quite a while (except for :4gaw:and:4duckhunt:) until Christmas, but I can at least get the last two Super Mario amiibos in retails soon. With that being said, here's a picture of the two.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Something fishy's going on with Amazon US... the listing is now pointing at an entry that has only 1 New available from a scalper in Europe.

We got e-mails clearly stating this wouldn't go on sale until 2 PM PT. It says this twice, the PM is not a typo.

Here's hoping this is some stupid mistake and not actually confirmation that Amazon dropped the ball and sold them earlier than they told customers...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Something fishy's going on with Amazon US... the listing is now pointing at an entry that has only 1 New available from a scalper in Europe.

We got e-mails clearly stating this wouldn't go on sale until 2 PM PT. It says this twice, the PM is not a typo.

Here's hoping this is some stupid mistake and not actually confirmation that Amazon dropped the ball and sold them earlier than they told customers...
Couldn't that just be a European copy that the scalper has?

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Couldn't that just be a European copy that the scalper has?
Yeah, pretty sure that's what's going on... a European scalper (the seller is based in Germany) went over to US's Amazon and listed their item as 'Palutena Amiibo (Amazon Exclusive).' They're selling a EU for $60 waiting for some schmuck to panic and take the bait.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That is most likely, as Palutena is easily obtainable in Germany. Most Amiibos have been historically easy to get there, but Wave 5 in particular has actually been surprisingly easy to get even in the UK & Ireland.

EDIT: Wow, Smyths Ireland restocked Rosalina again. She's back in stock online, and while my local Smyths used to say "Low Stock", it's got the green "In Stock" mark again.

EDIT2: Wishing Americans luck with Waifumiibo today. Just don't expect her to look amazing.

Last edited:

Yammark Iggy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trolltorb
3DS FC
1977-0250-8724
Guess what? Got myself a Bowser Jr. amiibo!

Now my collection stands at 5.

:4pikachu:,:4yoshi:,:4myfriends:,:4marth: and:4bowserjr:.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
NWS is having yet another restock of a bunch of characters, and are also selling Palutena today.

And if you happen to own the Nintendo World Store 10th Anniversary Coin, and present it at check out, they will give you one additional Amiibo for free.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Oh, good - Amazon US's Palutena page went dead right at 5.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Got her. Hope everyone else has as much luck!

I gotta say though, it's awfully suspicious how the site blew up PRECISELY at 5 PM. You know actual humans were spamming F5 in the minutes leading up to her (myself included, and not a single dropped request), why would it suddenly go dead at exactly 5?

To me, it's pretty evident someone out there is DDOSing these things for a laugh.

Last edited:

Kendude

Smash Cadet
I THINK I successfully got a Palutena.

Canadian amazon didn't blow up at 5 which was surprising and according to it she's still available.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
YES!!! I successfully got Palutena! It is supposed to ship here by Thursday. My boyfriend also got one!

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Lady Palutena is arriving on Thursday for me, celebration time.

Top Bottom