• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Time to go back to the Amiibo bandwagon again. I've recently got my Pit Amiibo from Japan last week which is very lucky of me because he's one of many characters I wanted. On the same day I got him, I managed to get myself a Pac-Man Amiibo from one of the GameStops I go to.

Hopefully I'll snag some of the new Pokemon Amiibo. I need more of them besides Pikachu.

kinbobbobkin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Remybunny14
3DS FC
1822-1654-6056
Hello Amiibo chat,

I'm currently training my other Pikachu amiibo and was wondering if I should give it equipments now or should I wait til it get's to level 50?

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
My girlfriend managed to get this for me yesterday. It was the ONE the GameStop recieved (a lot have been/were receiving one or two) and she knew it would arrive yesterday so she waited around the store.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Hello Amiibo chat,

I'm currently training my other Pikachu amiibo and was wondering if I should give it equipments now or should I wait til it get's to level 50?
I've never played with equipment, but I do know that as the amiibo learns, it comes into its own based on the attributes it has. For that reason, it's always best for you to set up your amiibo the way you want it at the start - that way, it'll learn as though it's naturally always had those stats.

To put that in the form of an analogy, imagine that on your walk to school, there's this ditch you have to jump over every single day. Over time, you get used to the jump, knowing exactly how much effort to put into it and exactly where you'll land every single time. Now, suddenly, one day you gain a ton of weight. That exact same jump will no longer clear the ditch - you have to adjust. Amiibos aren't quite smart enough to grasp this on the first try, so if you make changes it's going to take a while before they can make that jump successfully again.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So a guy on /r/amiibo who did some Amiibo data mining on all of the Amiibos currently released dug up some interesting info from the code inside the chips for certain Amiibos.

Here's the summary at the end of his post that lets you know about the likely uses of upcoming Amiibos and even possible upcoming Amiibos:

"So, here's a conclusion of what you can see from these data patterns:

• It's very likely ZSS and Dr. Mario will work the same as Samus and Mario respectively in games like Mario Kart 8 and Ace Combat, with Dr. Mario being usable in Mario Party 10.
  • There may be a Rosalina amiibo without Luma, likely for the Super Mario series.
  • Space is reserved for every Pokemon, which could mean anything. NFC-enabled Pokemon cards, anyone?
  • Mii Fighters are coming.
  • It's likely there are 2 more Mario-series amiibo yet to be announced.
  • There are two amiibo series in limbo. They could either be YWW and AC, or two completely unannounced ones."
And here's the original post, both a link to it and copy pasted into a quote tag here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/38hwbm/nfc_character_identification_my_findings_on_the/

I'm a computer science major that's been working closely with the data stored on amiibo, and I'd like to share a brief summary of what I found based on patterns in their identification numbers, as well as conclusions as to what this may mean. I made a new Reddit account for anonymity.

Scroll to the bottom if you want to see the meat instead of bits and bytes.

So every amiibo character has an 8-byte identification on pages 21 and 22 of the NFC chip. This info contains the general character on page 21 (ie. SSB Mario, SMB Mario, and Golden Mario all have the same page 21), and the print number on page 22 (basically sorted by the number that appears on the upper-right of EU packaging).

Page 21 findings----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's an example of Mario's page 21.

00 00 00 00

Simple, right? Here's Luigi and Peach.

00 01 00 00

00 02 00 00

Now take Pit:

07 40 00 00

It appears that the first byte as well as the leading 4 bits of the second byte define what game series the character belongs to, while the trailing 4 bits define the specific character. 000_ is the Mario series; 074_ is the Kid Icarus series.

However, there are some odd cases. The following are (in order) Link, Toon Link, Zelda, and Sheik:

01 00 00 00

01 00 01 00

01 01 00 00

01 01 01 00

Toon Link and Sheik are defined as the same character as Link and Zelda respectively, but have the third byte set to 01 rather than 00 like all the others. It appears this represents alternate identities of the same character, and is very likely the same for Dr. Mario and ZSS.

Here's another interesting case, Rosalina & Luma:

00 04 01 00

Rosalina & Luma is defined as the second version of the Rosalina character with this third byte, meaning an amiibo of Rosalina alone is very possible.

The Pokemon characters also don't follow this ID convention as strictly. Below are the Pokemon in the order Charizard, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Greninja:

19 06 00 00

19 19 00 00

19 27 00 00

1a c0 00 00

1b 92 00 00

It would appear from the previous findings that these characters are all from different series, but that is actually not the case. For the Pokemon, the second byte represents a simple number, and the first byte represents a multiple of 256 to add to that number, with 19 being 0, 1a being 1, and 1b being 2 (512).

When you convert the hex to decimal and add the 256s, you get some oddly familiar numbers:

06 from hex = 6, 6 + 0 = 6

19 from hex = 25, 25 + 0 = 25

27 from hex = 39, 39 + 0 = 39

c0 from hex = 192, 192 + 256 = 448

92 from hex = 146, 146 + 512 = 658

These are the Pokemons' corresponding National Pokedex numbers. This means that there is space reserved for all 700+ Pokemon.

Page 22 findings------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 22 seems to correlate to the printed order of the figures, currently sorted by SSB, then SMB, then Splatoon. However, there is some interesting blank space mixed in here.

For example, here's page 22 for SSB Mario and SMB Mario:

00 00 00 02

00 34 01 02

It appears the first 2 bytes are for the print number, the third byte is the series (00 for SSB, 01 for SMB), and the 4th byte is always 02 (probably a data consistency check).

What's interesting is that SSB seems to continue from hex 00 to hex 33, leaving exactly 52 spaces for Smash Bros. characters. This means that the Mii Fighters are very likely to be printed alongside the regular 49 characters (especially since a Swordfighter prototype has surfaced).

In addition, take SMB Mario, SMB Bowser, and Golden Mario:

00 34 01 02

00 39 01 02

00 3c 01 02

There's a skip from 39 to 3c in these print numbers, leaving 3a and 3b unaccounted for. This could point to the possibility of there being two more Mario-series amiibo (with one of them potentially a Luma-less Rosalina).

Last point. The third byte of this page represents figure series, so here's SSB Mario, SMB Mario, and Splatoon Girl:

00 00 00 02

00 34 01 02

00 3e 04 02

SSB is 00, SMB is 01, Splatoon is 04. Either Animal Crossing and Yoshi's Wooly World are 02 and 03, or there are 2 more series being planned we haven't heard of yet.

Conclusions-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, here's a conclusion of what you can see from these data patterns:

• It's very likely ZSS and Dr. Mario will work the same as Samus and Mario respectively in games like Mario Kart 8 and Ace Combat, with Dr. Mario being usable in Mario Party 10.
  • There may be a Rosalina amiibo without Luma, likely for the Super Mario series.
  • Space is reserved for every Pokemon, which could mean anything. NFC-enabled Pokemon cards, anyone?
  • Mii Fighters are coming.
  • It's likely there are 2 more Mario-series amiibo yet to be announced.
  • There are two amiibo series in limbo. They could either be YWW and AC, or two completely unannounced ones.
Well, that was a fun write. See ya guys around.​

kinbobbobkin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Remybunny14
3DS FC
1822-1654-6056
I've never played with equipment, but I do know that as the amiibo learns, it comes into its own based on the attributes it has. For that reason, it's always best for you to set up your amiibo the way you want it at the start - that way, it'll learn as though it's naturally always had those stats.

To put that in the form of an analogy, imagine that on your walk to school, there's this ditch you have to jump over every single day. Over time, you get used to the jump, knowing exactly how much effort to put into it and exactly where you'll land every single time. Now, suddenly, one day you gain a ton of weight. That exact same jump will no longer clear the ditch - you have to adjust. Amiibos aren't quite smart enough to grasp this on the first try, so if you make changes it's going to take a while before they can make that jump successfully again.

I really like your analogy! Thank you very much! :D

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Obviously just a rumour right now but it's backed up by that study I posted above, especially since Nintendo did initially list Dr. Mario as being compatible with Splatoon.
Where'd this image come from? That seems like a really unprofessional picture to use on the left (in fact, it looks like it includes something I haven't got to yet in the single-player campaign, so don't explain it if that image contains spoilers)... I don't see how Dr. Mario fits into this either as he doesn't have any reason to be tied to Splatoon.

If there were to be a Mario Sunshine/Splatoon crossover based around an amiibo, it's much more likely to be tied to Bowser Jr. or plain ol' Mario like what's shown - but I still question the source of this image.

Ah... it's like being in the leaks thread all over again :)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Where'd this image come from? That seems like a really unprofessional picture to use on the left (in fact, it looks like it includes something I haven't got to yet in the single-player campaign, so don't explain it if that image contains spoilers)... I don't see how Dr. Mario fits into this either as he doesn't have any reason to be tied to Splatoon.

If there were to be a Mario Sunshine/Splatoon crossover based around an amiibo, it's much more likely to be tied to Bowser Jr. or plain ol' Mario like what's shown - but I still question the source of this image.

Ah... it's like being in the leaks thread all over again :)
I'm not saying it's real (image came from the twitter account of some Amiibo news site), but regarding Dr. Mario, if you read the research from that /r/amiibo user I posted above, Dr. Mario is more than likely going to function like any other Amiibo of Mario outside of Smash. So the fact that Nintendo slipped up and listed Dr. Mario as being compatible with Splatoon at first may not have been a simple error - he may very well be compatible in the future, along with other Mario Amiibos, to unlock Mario and his FLUDD.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
My mom took me to Best Buy to see if Meta Knight's there. No Meta Knight but got something better.
1433442074824-1493400034.jpg

I'm still in shock right now. Merthy but who cares I got him.:chuckle:

Last edited:

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Hm… I think I'll wait for Nintendo to confirm if it's real or not. Anyways, I'm updating my list now:

Amiibos I have: :4mario:(Smash):4yoshi:(Smash):4kirby::4pikachu::4peach:(Smash):4diddy::4link::4bowser:(Smash):4sonic::4tlink::4dk::4luigi:(Smash):4sheik::4shulk::4megaman::4villagerf::4dedede::4lucario::4metaknight::4pacman::4charizard::4ness::4zelda::4samus::4marth:Toad, Inkling Squid, Inkling Boy, Inkling Girl, :mario2:(Silver):4wario::4fox:

Amiibos I ordered online: :4jigglypuff::4greninja::4falcon::rosalina:

Amiibos I want to get in the future: :4gaw::4duckhunt::4mewtwo::4lucas:

Amiibos I'm not getting right away: :4myfriends::4littlemac::4wiifit::4pit:

Amiibos I have a chance to get in my trip to Japan: :4palutena::4ganondorf::4darkpit::4zss::4bowserjr::4olimar::4drmario:

Amiibos in the future I might get: :4falco::4rob:

Amiibos I won't get: :4mario:(Super Mario):4luigi:(Super Mario):4peach:(Super Mario):4yoshi:(Super Mario):4bowser:(Super Mario)

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
My Greninja amiibo came today!

Really an awesome looking amiibo, the stands don't ruin fortunately. Named him Magikarp and gave him the red palette swap :p
Now I'm waiting for my Japanese Little Mac to be shipped, after that I think Duck Hunt will be the only one I'm going to care about, no counting potential unannounced DLC characters.

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad I'm not convinced this data mining means Mii Fighters amiibos are on the way. We know Mewtwo and Lucas amiibos are planned, which strongly implies all DLC characters are going to get their own Smash series amiibo, and they could occupy these four spots. What makes me curious if what's happening if we get more than four DLC characters, will they make an exception and go beyond the limits sets by SMB Mario's amiibo, or not all Smash DLC characters are going to get their own amiibo? (which would suck) Or does it mean that we're getting nothing beyond Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu? (which would suck even more)

I never expected Mii Fighters to get amiibos considering the nature of those characters who aren't really treated like regular fighters, and I don't think those empty spaces are reserved for Mii Fighters specifically. Though the fact there's only four slots left before the SMB Mario amiibo makes me wonder how amiibos for DLC fighters will be handled, and what we will find when they'll be data mined.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My Greninja amiibo came today!

Really an awesome looking amiibo, the stands don't ruin fortunately. Named him Magikarp and gave him the red palette swap :p
Now I'm waiting for my Japanese Little Mac to be shipped, after that I think Duck Hunt will be the only one I'm going to care about, no counting potential unannounced DLC characters.

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad I'm not convinced this data mining means Mii Fighters amiibos are on the way. We know Mewtwo and Lucas amiibos are planned, which strongly implies all DLC characters are going to get their own Smash series amiibo, and they could occupy these four spots. What makes me curious if what's happening if we get more than four DLC characters, will they make an exception and go beyond the limits sets by SMB Mario's amiibo, or not all Smash DLC characters are going to get their own amiibo? (which would suck) Or does it mean that we're getting nothing beyond Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu? (which would suck even more)

I never expected Mii Fighters to get amiibos considering the nature of those characters who aren't really treated like regular fighters, and I don't think those empty spaces are reserved for Mii Fighters specifically. Though the fact there's only four slots left before the SMB Mario amiibo makes me wonder how amiibos for DLC fighters will be handled, and what we will find when they'll be data mined.
The spaces don't mean much as for DLC characters, they could always add more. The Amiibo data for DLC characters could just be patched in.

Mii Fighters are definitely getting Amiibos though. We already saw a prototype of Mii Swordfighter, and this research only backs it up.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm gonna have to agree with @ ChikoLad ChikoLad here. When amiibos were conceived, they weren't even sure they were doing DLC for Smash. At best, they probably planned for Mii fighters + Mewtwo. Eventually, they decided to add more, but they didn't know they were going to do that at the time. It's not a big deal for them to go beyond the SMB page and add more Smash, but the fact they had 4 spots planned at the time when they had only one DLC character planned suggests the other 3 spots were probably intended for Miis.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There is also the fact that Mii Fighters have trophies that can be unlocked in Classic Mode and they are considered fighters on the roster. They said every fighter is getting an Amiibo, so I don't see why they would skip the Mii Fighters. Especially since it's just more money for them. I could easily see them being released in a 3-Pack. Also, the name "Amiibo" is kinda derived from "Mii".

Miyamoto also mentioned something back at E3 last year, about Nintendo possibly opening a service for people to order Amiibos of their own Mii, and he also mentioned that he already has an Amiibo of his Mii. If they wanted to, they could sell the default/official Mii Fighters in shops, and then they could open that service so people can order Mii Fighter Amiibos modelled after their Miis. I kinda doubt they will do the latter though, I think they will only do that with plain Mii characters in a generic pose with a generic outfit, sometime in the future, and they won't be Smash branded.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I wonder who is in charge of "amibo order."

If Sakurai-- perhaps the wave selection order indicates something.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
YES! :4jigglypuff:is now in my hands! Here's the picture! I don't care if my laptop is visible! :4jigglypuff:is here! Now I must wait for :4greninja:to arrive…

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wonder who is in charge of "amibo order."

If Sakurai-- perhaps the wave selection order indicates something.
They mostly seemed to just want to get the more staple characters out first, then moved onto unlockable characters. If I'm not mistaken, the final wave will only be unlockable characters (not counting Miis and DLC).

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Got the last :4metaknight: at my local Best Buy! However, the paint job is pretty poor.
Meta Knight Amiibo.JPG

Notice the brown spots on the wings and the right hand.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I'm going to my Dad's for the weekend so I think I'll take some training buddies and a pro hide and seek player with me. :p

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998

I'm soooo done until :4zss: & :4palutena: come up!
these are just the ones i've decided to keep boxed and on my wall.
the other amiibo i have opened somewhere else:
:4sheik::4samus::4robinm::4peach::4zelda::4wiifit::4jigglypuff::4link::4lucina::4luigi::4kirby::4yoshi:

Purio

Smash Cadet
My Shulk Amiibo order from GameStop FINALLY came in today! Super excited about that. All I'm missing now is Greninja who should be here in another week. ... Then I wait for the others to be released, haha!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Since we're nearing the end of the Smash Bros. characters, I have a few questions:

-which upcoming amiibo are you looking forward to?
-what series do you hope will get a set of amiibo figurines?
-do you think Nintendo has any big amiibo-related plans for E3?

Last edited:

NeilJam

Smash Cadet

-:4palutena:&:4ganondorf: in the next two waves, :4rob:&:4gaw: after that.
-a Mega Man series with a new game would be awesome. :4megaman:

-I hope for an all-inclusive sandbox game that uses Amiibo. Maybe what NintendoLand should have been with characters from different franchises interacting.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got :4wiifit:in the mail today. Kind of mad at myself for not picking one up when I got my first amiibo (Little Mac), but I at least got a decent deal on the restock $20.

Definitely the lightest amiibo, and her boobs really stick out (lol). Kind of wish they put her on a more diagonal angle than horizontal so she'd be easier to fit on a shelf/can see her face better.

Since we're nearing the end of the Smash Bros. characters, I have a few questions:

- None really.
- Pokemon or Fire Emblem, maybe Star Fox
- Probably just USA Release Dates for Wave 5a

D

Deleted member

-Probably Dark Pit and Palutena and perhaps Duck Hunt. But I still need some from previous waves. I only want amiibos of my mains anyway.
-I'd love to see some for Fire Emblem - that would be cool.
-Hard to say really. It'd be nice that's for sure.

Day 52 and my Robin amiibo still hasn't arrived.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

-Palutena and Duck Hunt are the only Smash amiibo left I'm planning on getting.
-Probably a Sonic line, which will probably happen with the new Mario and Sonic coming out.
-Hopefully something like Disney Infinity.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

-Well, all of the Smash ones, since I am collecting all of them.

-Sonic and Star Fox seem like likely candidates I would be interested in collecting. Kid Icarus would be really cool too, and just might happen if those rumours of Uprising Wii U are true. Not too hopeful though.

-Obviously more Smash ones, and hopefully more Super Mario ones, including another Rosalina one. They will likely announce at least one new line, most likely for Star Fox. And I'm hoping for a Skylanders/Infinity like game that makes use of every Amiibo so far.

Purio

Smash Cadet
- All of them! Although I will say I've been most excited for Olimar. Probably Lucas too.
- I think every main Nintendo series should get its own line, even if a few characters. Much like Splatoon.
- I think it's about time to have an Amiibo exclusive game. Something similar to Skylanders or Disney Infinity where the Amiibos pretty much are the whole game.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059

Yarn Yoshi and the Kid Icarus amiibos.
Animal Crossing, have the main shopkeepers/Isabelle/etc. have figures, and use the already confirmed NFC cards for some other feature with Villagers.
My heart wants some kind of simulation game (Animal Crossing), with different amiibo, something like Disney Infinity but in Nintendo quality, if that makes sense. I remember watching GameXplain and someone suggested "you scan the amiibo, and it lives in your game".

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

If I weren't gun-ho about collecting every Smasher in box, then I'd still want R.O.B., Falco, and Mewtwo.

I'd wager wave 5 for US will be announced for E3. Also thinking at some point we'll get a Zelda or Star Fox-specific lineup for the two new big games, both of which I'll be all over.

itspr

Smash Rookie
I dont play Smash nor do I own a Wii-U but I was able to get some Amiibos I told were pretty good. Robin. Wario, Charizard, Greninja, and Lucina. I was looking to give them away on my stream but I mainly play console shooters. Is it worth giving away on stream or just keep them?
Streaming some Gears of War if anyone wants to check it out. Twitch.tv/PR_x

Shog

Smash Ace
Wow. That incredible.

Incredible stupid! Dear collector: Don't buy that. Okay I think it is obvious nobody is gonna buy that and give this douche undeserved money.

Right?

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
Wow. That incredible.

Incredible stupid! Dear collector: Don't buy that. Okay I think it is obvious nobody is gonna buy that and give this douche undeserved money.

Right?
Nah, clearly it's a discount. Definitely worth $15,000.

Top Bottom