• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So, my day went a little crazy
Interesting pieces.

I had the easiest stress day for amiibo yet.
Previous to this, I'd waited in line at TRU for Greninja Predorders, scoring one for him and Pacman, as well as getting in to two gamestops; getting All but Robin and Lucina at one, and then all but those two, Wario, and Charizard from the other. Just missed Robin, Lucina, at Gamestop, and all other online preorders... barely missed them all, at a count of about 15 times this wave alone.

I was scouring my resources for this and future waves, as I will be traveling, and they get more intense. I this tme got, once more, even further into the whole thing- utilizing my own national team, with people set up in more states on the actual morning of than I had prior before. I myself had mapped locations, amiibo count, perceived rain cover, estimated guest guess, and had a ride, back up ride, and my own vehicle.

The night before, my moped is of course in repair; so I take it to the shop as necessary immediately. Luckily, I had a campout buddy for the night. We were to drive and sped the night..... but then he cancelled on me as well. Thus I find myself at my third attempt, last backup ride- and.. success. But He and I are both so tired, that I decide not to go til 2.

I try to contact him then, and get nowhere. So I go back to sleep for two hours, and at 4, hope he got one of my messages. He does respond, but ends up not coming, and I'm stuck up all night watching the count down.

I am looking for rides all day to get my preorders, as I also am supposed to have a Robin, Lucia, Silver Mario, and Jigglypuff at Gamestop (Jiggs not sold from the store, of course) held by the manager. I see the day climb to 8 and 10, and hours before I know that lines are worthless at that point, and the anxiety of waiting "will I maybe get in" for three hours is terrible when unlikely.

So, I find a ride on Grindr at 10, and get to TRU by 1010. It is packed, but I manage to get my Greninja, the beauty, and even Pacman. And then we are off. Gamestop for Silver, Robin, and Lucina, and the rest to be shipped.

Luckily, around now I start to get calls texts... and this is where it gets similar. Friends and scouts all over were telling me they got some for me. I've got a moderate count growing and It is only more of a hassle to say something like 'you can return it.' Though, I would rather hoard for theoretical missed future amiibo, anyway.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
just got greninja and jiggly amiibo...i think these twos is the least beautiful... seems like mcdonald toys for me :(
will updated my collection later with these 2 and my 3 splatoon guys! :D

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726

To my surprise, they came in before Shulk. They were marked down for delivery on the 16th too. Woo!

They were very easy to open compared to other ones, as well. Pac man popped out of the box easy and landed on the floor so he has some battle scars now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Only Amiibos I can recall being awkward to get out were today's Jigglypuff, and Rosalina. I think maybe Bowser too.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I am looking for rides all day to get my preorders, as I also am supposed to have a Robin, Lucia, Silver Mario, and Jigglypuff at Gamestop (Jiggs not sold from the store, of course) held by the manager.
Hrmph... I had hoped the guy at Wal Mart bragging about managers from GS and the Exchange making back-room exchanges was lying to me, but it seems he was not.

My biggest regret this wave is I could have had two Jigglies, but since I was covering for a friend (who unapologetically picked up two of his own knowing I was spending my limited Target buys on him) I ended up with way too many FE characters I thought he wasn't going to get for himself. Last time I stick my neck out for that chump.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hrmph... I had hoped the guy at Wal Mart bragging about managers from GS and the Exchange making back-room exchanges was lying to me, but it seems he was not.

My biggest regret this wave is I could have had two Jigglies, but since I was covering for a friend (who unapologetically picked up two of his own knowing I was spending my limited Target buys on him) I ended up with way too many FE characters I thought he wasn't going to get for himself. Last time I stick my neck out for that chump.
It was more than fair for the things I got to be held by the manager- I am there amiibo hunting more than, apparently, anyone else, and I was the next in line for the Robin and Lucina after waiting 2 hours for them, when I missed them thanks to Gamestop.

I know it is easy to think employees are dealing backhand, but the ones I've dealt with have only done unethical things to counter the supply and do what they find to be moral. I have no problem with ethics defeating morality.

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
My Shulk from the GameStop restock was just delivered.

My current Smash Amiibo collection (just because I want to use all the smileys) :
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::rosalina::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4bowser::4wario:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4pit::4myfriends::4lucina::4robinm::4shulk:
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede:
:4megaman::4pacman::4sonic::4fox::4ness::4samus::4falcon::4littlemac::4wiifit:

Missing:
:4villager::4marth:
Looking forward to wave 5 :4darkpit::4palutena:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
After getting a good look out of all of them, My Ness has disappointed me.

Back pack doesn't connect all the way, leaving a hole in his armpit and a unpainted area.

Sloppy Paint Job on blue stripes

Uneven hairline

I might sell it :/

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
That paint job is a bummer. Glad I was able to choose between two Ness figures at GameStop to get the better looking one as the stripes were smudged near the bottom of the shirt on the other.

It's disappointing that so many Amiibo have mars in the paint apps. It just makes it even harder and time consuming for someone like myself who compares the available stock when possible to get the best painted Amiibo I can. I was relieved when I examined my Shulk delivered by mail and found no apparent mars.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Back pack doesn't connect all the way, leaving a hole in his armpit and a unpainted area.

Uneven hairline

Mine's pretty ugly too, but it's likely the only one I'll ever have considering he's the most poorly stocked out of this wave. I wouldn't be surprised to find he's the rarest of all.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Mine's pretty ugly too, but it's likely the only one I'll ever have considering he's the most poorly stocked out of this wave. I wouldn't be surprised to find he's the rarest of all.
I wouldn't be bummed out if it was just the paint job, but the backpack isn't even on right and there's a hole in his damn arm pit.

I'm probably not gonna sell it, but a little sad that after waiting at gamestop for 2 hours this is what I get.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
I wouldn't be bummed out if it was just the paint job, but the backpack isn't even on right and there's a hole in his damn arm pit.

I'm probably not gonna sell it, but a little sad that after waiting at gamestop for 2 hours this is what I get.
How are its eyes? Are they too much to the right? Cause if they are its normal.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
YES! My American :4jigglypuff:has shipped from eBay! I can't wait to get it soon!

D

Deleted member

So I have this friend in Australia who had restocks of certain amiibos and told me that if he saw Lucina or Ness he'll get it for me. Luckily, he was able to get both! I'm finally going to be getting a Lucina amiibo! Even though I love Ness, I'm going to give Ness to my boyfriend since he really wanted the amiibo more than anything so I figured it'd be a really nice and sweet thing to do. He told me that it will be around $55 which is kinda steep imo but is it worth it for 2 amiibos? I figured the shipping price is already included in the price that he offered so I'm sure he's not overpricing me I don't think.
Regardless, he's an awesome friend and he made both me and my boyfriend quite happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157

Well at least you have a Ness. Some of us never had the chance to pre order it and missed our chance of getting one at gamestop and will probably have to pay over $30 to get one online.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Jiggs came in today! But thats not all. Someone got restocked today as well.

feat. Pac-Man cause balls.

Woke up early cause I thought I had to go to work but I actually hadn't remembered my schedule properly. I check the amiibo reddit, apparently some Best Buys were getting MK restocks. I call the two closest to me (Gaithersburg and Rockville) and they said they didn't have any and weren't getting anymore. I almost don't call the BB 20 minutes form me (Germantown) cause at that point I just wasn't expecting anything, but due to a misunderstanding in a conversation with my friend I call them and surprise surprise they just got 2 Meta Knights. My friend and I rush over and manage to grab both. While we're there the super helpful associate happened to get interested in the amiibo and decided to check stock numbers. Turns out, the associate at the Rockville BB either didn't know about their shipment or just straight up lied to me, because they had 18 of them on their shelf (At like 2:00 no less!) Gaithersburg actually got nothing though. Drove over there and snagged a second for my friend who is a Brawl MK main, then left for work the rest of the day.

So pretty lucky day for me. Now there are no amiibo from previous waves that I wanted but happened to miss.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So I have this friend in Australia who had restocks of certain amiibos and told me that if he saw Lucina or Ness he'll get it for me. Luckily, he was able to get both! I'm finally going to be getting a Lucina amiibo! Even though I love Ness, I'm going to give Ness to my boyfriend since he really wanted the amiibo more than anything so I figured it'd be a really nice and sweet thing to do. He told me that it will be around $55 which is kinda steep imo but is it worth it for 2 amiibos? I figured the shipping price is already included in the price that he offered so I'm sure he's not overpricing me I don't think.
Regardless, he's an awesome friend and he made both me and my boyfriend quite happy.
$55 for two, assuming American to Australian currency, isn't bad. For perspective, the most I've ever paid for amiibos was Marth + Villager imported from UK, and that cost me $50 through Amazon.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
So Jelly.... :cry:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace

Uneven hairline

Mine is ugly too....same painting job for my greninja.
Don't know if they rush amiibo now i hope not! :(

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Found out multiple Gamestops in my area are getting Shulk restocks, albeit 1-2 because Gamestop sucks.

Just checked Craigslist for my area and there are already people selling them $30. Granted it's cheaper than Ebay/Amazon, but seriously screw them. >_>

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just got :4jigglypuff: in the mail. Going to call her Puff Mama. :laugh:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Did anyone here get the Splatoon amiibo along with Splatoon? Can you take off certain parts of the gear or do you have to wear the full outfit?

Also, what are the chances of Splatoon amiibo being used in other games?

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
Damn. It's been long since I've been on here. I managed to get Pac, Char, Wario, Jiggs, GRENINJA, Ness, all three inklings, and Silver Mario on Friday. Robin and lucina were forcefully torn from my moms hands at Target. I was at school that day. I also got shulk and toad at GS today.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Did anyone here get the Splatoon amiibo along with Splatoon? Can you take off certain parts of the gear or do you have to wear the full outfit?

Also, what are the chances of Splatoon amiibo being used in other games?
The gear can be mixed and matched as it comes in parts just like the regular clothing. Head, body, and feet. Wearing them all at once just kinda completes the look.

On a different note, Charizard and my friends FE amiibos arrived early! So now I'm done with this wave.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Damn. It's been long since I've been on here. I managed to get Pac, Char, Wario, Jiggs, GRENINJA, Ness, all three inklings, and Silver Mario on Friday. Robin and lucina were forcefully torn from my moms hands at Target. I was at school that day. I also got shulk and toad at GS today.
What! Someone swiped the amiibos right out of your mom's hands?! SMH

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
The gear can be mixed and matched as it comes in parts just like the regular clothing. Head, body, and feet. Wearing them all at once just kinda completes the look.

On a different note, Charizard and my friends FE amiibos arrived early! So now I'm done with this wave.
I'm peeved that they didn't even try to make the Power Armor look good with the female Inkling. Her hair-tacles just clip through everything, her face clips through the weird tubes, everything's an ugly mess. You basically have to switch to male if you want it to look right.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm peeved that they didn't even try to make the Power Armor look good with the female Inkling. Her hair-tacles just clip through everything, her face clips through the weird tubes, everything's an ugly mess. You basically have to switch to male if you want it to look right.
At least they got one anti-loli mechanism in there. :V

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Quick question for anyone who owns a Ness amiibo. Are his eyes completely even with with hair clump on the front of his face? Or are they more to the right. Thank you!

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Quick question for anyone who owns a Ness amiibo. Are his eyes completely even with with hair clump on the front of his face? Or are they more to the right. Thank you!

Sorry I didn't get it out earlier.

Edit: better pic

Last edited:

itspr

Smash Rookie
If you have interest in the game then I would say to keep them or have them as collectibles if you really want to. Otherwise, other people would really appreciate some of them.
I'd be interested in the Charizard or Greninja. I missed out on them at my local stores.
It would be a giveaway on my stream twitch.tv/pr_X I mainly play console shooters (I am sponsored by Noble eSports for Gears of War)

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Now my American :4wario: and Japanese :4fox: arrived today. My :4jigglypuff: and :4falcon: are bound to come by really soon. So, here's the picture of :4wario: and :4fox:.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
So who's ready for WAVE 5 :troll:
Honestly, I am not interested in any of the wave 5 amiibo which are Palutena and Dark Pit. But if they decide to add Mewtwo and or Lucas to that wave, I will be getting them without a doubt. Btw Thanks for the pic!

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I had a crappy packing job from Gamestop too, but at least I got what I ordered... for me, it looked like somebody got all but one amiibo in the bottom of the box, couldn't get Pac Man to fit on top, so they stuck the thin piece of cardboard between two amiibos and bent it back so the plastic could lay on top at a 90 degree angle. So, that one came with a nice big crease all the way across.

I'm just lucky that wasn't Ness.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So who's ready for WAVE 5 :troll:
I ain't getting anymore amiibos after wave 4. I might consider getting :4falco:...but other than that, I'm done.
Still waiting for both the Japanese and U.S. version of :4lucina: to get here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom