• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've decided I'm gonna import that Lucina amiibo into my collection. I'm also thinking about importing Mega Man as well.

D

Deleted member

How exactly does one go about importing an amiibo? Like what are the best websites to import?
I hardly shop online so yeah...

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Heard a rumor that the head of amiibo news Twitter had his Greninja preorder cancelled on him the day after, is this true?

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Okay, so I finally ordered a japanese:4greninja: on eBay. After all that, I've ordered every amiibo from Waves 1-4 that I really wanted. I need to be ready when :4gaw::4duckhunt::4mewtwo: and :4lucas:arrive.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Man, I just keep getting pulled back in. After deciding I'm going to get Splatoon digitally (unless they announce an awesome splatoon pre-order bonus soon), I have a decent chunk of money to get more amiibos. So planning on going to target on the day the Jigglypuff amiibo releases and hopefully get it.

Then the next two amiibos I'm going to try to get are Olimar and Bowser Jr. Once again, getting Shulk for my Birthday.

After that, depending how much money I get from my birthday and summer job I hopefully get, I'll also start shooting for Mr. G&W and R.O.B. when those come out.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm actually using all mines. I got 5 of them and they're all completely leveled up. The ones I still have packaged is my Rosalina import one (Japanese) and Luigi, whom I didn't even want.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Little update on my situation:

GameStop.ie had ZSS and Dark Pit up for pre-order yesterday. I ordered both (2 ZSS's actually, one for a friend).
Amazon UK literally JUST had all of the EU June Wave up, and I managed to pre-order Ganondorf and Palutena there. The pre-orders for all of them went in minutes, though.

The only ones I haven't got pre-ordered (not including ShopTo, where I have all of the May and June Smash Amiibos still pre-ordered - they're merely my expensive back-up option) are Greninja and Jigglypuff. I'm hoping to pre-order them in-store at GameStop, as well as Palutena and Ganondorf (they're not that expensive on Amazon UK, but I'd still like to cut the price down as much as possible).

So yeah the upcoming six are going much better for me so far compared to the April Wave.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Little update on my situation:

GameStop.ie had ZSS and Dark Pit up for pre-order yesterday. I ordered both (2 ZSS's actually, one for a friend).
Amazon UK literally JUST had all of the EU June Wave up, and I managed to pre-order Ganondorf and Palutena there. The pre-orders for all of them went in minutes, though.

The only ones I haven't got pre-ordered (not including ShopTo, where I have all of the May and June Smash Amiibos still pre-ordered - they're merely my expensive back-up option) are Greninja and Jigglypuff. I'm hoping to pre-order them in-store at GameStop, as well as Palutena and Ganondorf (they're not that expensive on Amazon UK, but I'd still like to cut the price down as much as possible).

So yeah the upcoming six are going much better for me so far compared to the April Wave.
Aha, another missed opportunity

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pac-Man was up on Amazon.de for MSRP just a moment ago. I nearly had him, but I was trying to persuade a friend (who had already offered to get me Pac-Man when he comes out in the States) to let me buy him Captain Falcon for €27.99 too (I had a "€10 off any order over €50" that expires soon, so Pac-Man, Captain Falcon, and shipping would have made it just about eligible).

Oh well, there's always next time.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
You guys are making us nervous here in the U.S. We're still trying to make it through Wave 4. Ganondorf/ZSS/Dark Pit/Olimar/etc. aren't even on our radar yet.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You guys are making us nervous here in the U.S. We're still trying to make it through Wave 4. Ganondorf/ZSS/Dark Pit/Olimar/etc. aren't even on our radar yet.
Good luck with Pac-Man, don't rest on him being as common as Sonic or Mega Man, though! :D

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I took yet another gamble and backed a hefty sum of money on the Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter. Hope I can still afford Amiibos, though I think I'll be fine. I haven't been charged either. I'm just a little wary of spending too much in case I miss out on Amiibos. Then again, Rodea: The Sky Soldier's Limited Edition and the more expensive Yooka-Laylee rewards are a lot rarer than Amiibos.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860

Excuse the rotation, but here's the stock at the store I buy my amiibos from, I ordered the wave 4 off their website and that was the right thing to do because as you can see they all sold out in about an hour and all that's left is charizard. They have more stocks behind the counter but I didn't bother to check that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Excuse the rotation, but here's the stock at the store I buy my amiibos from, I ordered the wave 4 off their website and that was the right thing to do because as you can see they all sold out in about an hour and all that's left is charizard. They have more stocks behind the counter but I didn't bother to check that.
Are you in Australia? You seem to have a mix of European, Japanese, and American stock there, and Australia is the only country I know of that's like that.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Are you in Australia? You seem to have a mix of European, Japanese, and American stock there, and Australia is the only country I know of that's like that.
UAE, they used to only get one version of amiibos (Europeans, I think.) but when Amiibos started becoming scarce they went for all regions just to have stock

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
UAE, they used to only get one version of amiibos (Europeans, I think.) but when Amiibos started becoming scarce they went for all regions just to have stock
Oh, interesting. What region consoles do you use? I notice they have both PAL and NTSC copies of the MP10 bundle there.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Oh, interesting. What region consoles do you use? I notice they have both PAL and NTSC copies of the MP10 bundle there.
Yes, we have both which is a major advantage, however, when I called the official distributor they said that NTSC is the official region console. I called to see if I could send in my old Wii U which was PAL and they said that they couldn't.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Wave 4 2.png

Just got them in today from Japan, pricy to import, but worth it, they are really detailed, possibly my favorites of the Smash series so far :ness::starman::grin:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
What are you guys going to do on may 29th
I am first going a hour and a half ealrier to target to get :4jigglypuff:,:4lucina:,:4robinm:,:4wario:,:4pacman:,:4charizard: I am also getting splatton there.
Then after that I will head to tru to try and get :4greninja: and any of the nonexsclusives I missed at target.
Then I will hit Best Buy if I am still missing any of wave 4.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117

Dang, they even have a Fox. O_o You must be in like, europe or something then if they have one.

Kendude

Smash Cadet
Traded a Gold Mario that I found sitting on the shelf at Wal Mart two weeks ago (someone actually returned it to the store) with my friend for his spare Dedede. Today was a good amiibo day for me. :grin:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
My amiibo collection so far:

:4bowser::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4myfriends::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4ness::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4robinm::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wario::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda: SMB Mario, SMB Luigi, SMB Peach, SMB Bowser, SMB Yoshi, Toad, Gold Mario

On Pre-Order:
:4jigglypuff: (Splatoon 3 Pack)

Have to have:
:4bowserjr::4drmario::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4gaw::4lucas::4mewtwo::4olimar::4rob:

Might get later on:
:4darkpit::4falco::4palutena::4zss::4greninja:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Japan has been getting some reprints in at local stores.

However, the Villager reprints are what's noteworthy - they have improved his model, by making the head more accurate:

The old model for comparison:

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Japan has been getting some reprints in at local stores.

However, the Villager reprints are what's noteworthy - they have improved his model, by making the head more accurate:

The old model for comparison:

The new head is closer to how Villager looks compared to the old one, but is it just me, or is his face in the new one a little too low?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't know yet if the large forehead is what all of them look like, or if it's just similar to Marth where about half of them look really off.

Top Bottom