• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LF2K

Floor Diver
The Marth reprint looks really good. Good thing I held off getting him.

(Not mine for the record. Found this on the amiibo subreddit.)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Marth reprint looks really good. Good thing I held off getting him.

(Not mine for the record. Found this on the amiibo subreddit.)
The Marth re-prints are NOT improved. I have a Marth that looks even better than that re-print by a little bit (my Marth actually is glancing to the right rather than staring blankly into space, as he is in his render).

The "Merths" were just defective. The re-prints are likely just going to be more consistently of better quality, but they aren't the first time we've seen Marths that nice.

I always said Marth was one of my favourite Amiibos for a reason after all.

EDIT: My Marth

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
The Marth re-prints are NOT improved. I have a Marth that looks even better than that re-print by a little bit (my Marth actually is glancing to the right rather than staring blankly into space, as he is in his render).

The "Merths" were just defective. The re-prints are likely just going to be more consistently of better quality, but they aren't the first time we've seen Marths that nice.

I always said Marth was one of my favourite Amiibos for a reason after all.

EDIT: My Marth

I agree, the Merths are defects. My Marth looks completely normal.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
New villager looks like his foreheads too big and marth is still merthy looking just not as bad, but still not great.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Just checked my Marth. And I must admit it DOES look a bit Merthy-er than I remember.

As for the old but good looking Marth up there, I think his eyes are moved up way too much.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just checked my Marth. And I must admit it DOES look a bit Merthy-er than I remember.

As for the old but good looking Marth up there, I think his eyes are moved up way too much.
I just cross checked with the render and that isn't really the case. I took my photos at a different angle though.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
If we are on the topic of Marth amiibo comparisons...

Both of my Marth amiibos look fine. Both were brought on release date too...

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
You sure either your old or new Villager doesn't just have its face misprinted? There's a lot of variation from one amiibo to the next - of my two Ikes, one of them is the worst looking amiibo in my entire collection, and the other is among the best.

Last edited:

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Now my :4metaknight: got here, so all that's left are the upcoming amiibos I want from Wave 4 (:4ness::4pacman::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4charizard:) and future releases (:4mewtwo::4duckhunt::4gaw::4lucas:). Here is a picture of my Meta Knight. A little bit dirty on the mask for some reason.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So, so far these are all getting reprints?: Marth, Villager, Shulk (Late May), Meta Knight (July), Little Mac, Ike (?), Falcon (?),

D

Deleted member

Well Who's getting yarn yoshi or splatoon amiibo or you guys just doing smb and ss4 line
The yarn Yoshi amiibos look really amazing but I have a feeling they might sell out quick!
But as far as amiibo collecting goes I only plan to get amiibos of characters that I main. And a lot of my mains happen to be rare amiibos...

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I buy amiibo of characters I like and characters that will probably have multiple uses for their amiibo.
I'll buy the Inkling girl amiibo because I think it will have multiple uses, seeing how Nintendo has been marketing it. I can the see Inkling Mii suits for Mario Kart and Inkling as a DLC fighter in Smash Bros in the future.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
In the US it's only Ike, Marth, Meta Knight, and Dedede. Also Sonic and SMB Luigi for some reason.
Didn't hear about Dedede. Regardless, any restocks will be good as the Villager/Little Mac restocks have already started to lower their prices online despite being Japan only.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I had an extra Fox and Samus back in the day, but I didn't think either of those would turn rare so I returned them. I only sort of regret it since I think I know where I can still find both. Is Fox really getting that rare? If so, I'd better go get him.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well Who's getting yarn yoshi or splatoon amiibo or you guys just doing smb and ss4 line
I'm sticking with the Smash Bros. line for me, which I'm only getting the ones I really want. I ain't wasting my hard working money on the Super Mario line nor I'm getting Yarn Yoshi and the Splatoon ones.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
As well stocked as you guys may think the store I go to is, there was absolutely no Pit/Captain Falcon/Rosaluma/Meta Knight on the shelves.
Like, never. They never sold them. It's disappointing really.
I didn't buy Villager/Marth/Wii Fit on release either. I wasn't interested in buying them but I bought them once there were rumors that they are super rare. Of course they were hidden behind the other Amiibos but I got them

Just a quick reminder prices on Amazon of Japan for Little Mac and Captain Falcon are surprisingly low (20$).

Who do you think is going to be unicorn status from Wave 4?
Personally I think Lucina/Robin. They seem to be the rarest of the bunch. My friend said he spotted a Ness and Pac-man and Charizard. But no sign of Lucina/Robin.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got my :4charizard: from Amazon.UK today. Looks great, though the upper jaw piece does stand out as much as it does in the official pictures/DK's lower jaw. Definitely one of the heavier amiibos.

Kind of bummed I missed out on ordering the rest of Wave 4 and Wave 5 now that I know they're coming out earlier in Europe and shipped here at a reasonable speed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm trying to find a Samus as fast as possible before she goes the way of Fox and becomes impossible to find. :p That's my current goal, haha.

Can't wait for the USA Marth restock. Time to finally get a Fire Emblem amiibo. Also gonna go to Walmart and Gamestop REALLY early to see if they have extra Robins on the 29th.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I'm trying to find a Samus as fast as possible before she goes the way of Fox and becomes impossible to find. :p That's my current goal, haha.

Can't wait for the USA Marth restock. Time to finally get a Fire Emblem amiibo. Also gonna go to Walmart and Gamestop REALLY early to see if they have extra Robins on the 29th.
I have not seen a Samus for a long time now. Good thing she was my 2nd Amiibo!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have not seen a Samus for a long time now. Good thing she was my 2nd Amiibo!
Apparently she's not QUITE at Fox level yet, according to current Reddit estimates. She's at about Smash!Yoshi (who I still need to pick up) and DK (who I have) level. The DK I got was the only one in the store for a long while, hidden behind lots of Pikachu and Mario.

Still need to get her before that changes.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Apparently she's not QUITE at Fox level yet, according to current Reddit estimates. She's at about Smash!Yoshi (who I still need to pick up) and DK (who I have) level. The DK I got was the only one in the store for a long while, hidden behind lots of Pikachu and Mario.

The store I went to had many smash Amiibos stocked. Literally like 10 of each at the release ( Yes Including Marth and Wii Fit AND Villager) but I decided to get my two mains at that time (Link and Samus)

I started noticing a little less Yoshi's here and there so I picked him up with Fox and Luigi.
Ah the things I do for an Amiibo.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
hopefully its not hard getting :4villager: this time around !
5/29 is going to be dedicated to getting :4jigglypuff: !
i have :4ness::4ness:, :4robinm:,:4lucina:, & :4greninja:pre-ordered.

now i just need :4palutena::c

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure what to make of it either. As much as I want to believe them, I have a feeling they might go back on what they say. They need to actually try and instead of just saying they'll try, so I'll believe them when they finally take action on the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'll believe that **** when I see the rare ones like Little Mac and Rosalina on the shelves with my own eyes.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110

Samus is hard to find whaaaaaa? Besides Mario and Pikachu, Samus is the only amiibo I've seen in stock wherever I see amiibo being sold.

Also, about Nintendo's amiibo statement... Even though it's too bad they didn't outrightly mention when and what they were going to restock, at least they acknowledged the problems.

May things become easier, yeah?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Samus is hard to find whaaaaaa? Besides Mario and Pikachu, Samus is the only amiibo I've seen in stock wherever I see amiibo being sold.

Also, about Nintendo's amiibo statement... Even though it's too bad they didn't outrightly mention when and what they were going to restock, at least they acknowledged the problems.

May things become easier, yeah?
I can say that since I've been looking for amiibos (since about January), I've never seen a Samus in stores.

Top Bottom