• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I managed to preorder 3 today, Palutena, ZSS and Ganondorf. This is in the UK, mind you. I'd love to get a Greninja, would sit nicely with my Charizard and PIkachu.

Owned: :4mario::4yoshi::4pikachu::4fox::4link::4diddy::4falcon::4marth::4lucario::4myfriends::4tlink::4bowser::rosalina::4sonic::4charizard:
Pre-Ordered: :4zss::4palutena::4ganondorf:
Want: :4mewtwo::4lucina::4greninja::4metaknight::4shulk:

I don't think I'll end up getting the ones I want though, the prices for them are insane sadly... I can hope though.

Edit: I was just looking on Play Asia, And I found this... Interesting. A way to save data off Amiibo and edit them would be cool.
I WANT PALUTENA AND ZSS I HATE YOU

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I took the morning off from work and got to Toys R Us around 6:30, but I managed to secure a pre-order of Greninja. Considering I was there about 3.5 hours before opening, I was pretty surprised to be 6th in line though, although the 3 people first in line had camped out at 11 PM the night before. Hopefully camping out won't become a necessity going forwards (aside from at a compputer and even then I've missed every release that happened over night). If it does, I guess I'll have to switch to importing or buying from a scalper because that's not an option that works for me.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
My grandmother went to TRU today to grab me a Greninja pre-order, but she got there half an hour late and by then they were sold out. *sigh* Oh well.
On the bright side, I managed to get a :4metaknight: and a Gold :4mario: today for a grand total of $39, so I'll still go ahead and consider it a succesful day.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
#StopAmiiboExclusives2k15
i better not have trouble getting:4palutena:&:4zss: :cry:
That's too bad for you, homie...although I would feel the same for ZZS. I could care less about the stripper.

Anyways, I've yet to hear any details from GameStop about that Shulk amiibo I pre-ordered that's supposedly coming out next month.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Oh god the anxiety is real.
So I know a local store which sells amiibos and they (3 hours and 30 mins ago) announced that they got their new shipment ( Wave 4, full w/o jiggly and greninja ofc )
So I instantly contacted them about the amiibos and they said they have all of them in-stock ( They ship ) I ask him if I can order the whole wave and he responds with "Yes, but send me your location" So I do, but he doesn't respond. He's been going on and off line and It's really bugging me thinking that there could be people finishing up the stock he has while he pays 0 attention to my messages.

If I do get them I will feel blessed.
If I don't I'll just curl up in a dark corner again.

Edit : He replied! I'm getting them all within a week. Considering the store had only 6 Lucinas 6 Robins and 5 Pac-mans and 5 Warios I feel super lucky... They also had 9 Charizards which means hes probably the most common.
So might as well update the amiibo list eh.

Have : :4bowser::4kirby::4myfriends::4fox::4link::4lucario::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4diddy::4dk::4dedede::4megaman::4pikachu::4zelda::4wiifit::4villager::4tlink::4sonic::4shulk::4sheik::4samus::4yoshi:

Ordered : :4lucina::4robinm::4ness::4charizard::4pacman::4wario:

Need : :4drmario::4metaknight::4palutena::rosalina::4littlemac::4ganondorf:

Last edited:

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Lol, I have never queued up to pre-order an amiibo.

I just pre-order as soon as they're up at GAME. Then again, the US is humongous compared to the UK.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Took advantage or the TRU buy 1 get 1 40% off sale and picked up a :4dk: and SMB :luigi2:. I never checked out the amiibo selection there so I was pretty surprised when I saw how well stocked the aisle was. Nothing really rare outside of 3 :4sonic: though, and I guess :4dk: and :4yoshi: since thats the first time I've seen one on shelves in a while.

And I also just found out Best Buy emailed me a coupon for 10$ off my next in-store purchase to celebrate a store renovation. IIRC of the amiibo they have that I don't but kind of want, they have :4zelda: SMB :4bowser:and maybe :4kirby:. I'm hoping for Kirby so I can get the MK8 suit, but if they don't I'll probably get Bowser or Zelda.

On another note, I have run out of space on my dresser to fit one row of boxed amiibos. I'm gonna have to get some shelves or start tossing boxes.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
My mom managed pre-order Greninja yesterday and there were only 20 in the store she went to, who happens to be my main in Sm4sh and my personal favorite character: the amiibo I've literally been waiting for the most. She's preordered the 6-pack at Gamestop with Ness, Pac-Man, Lucina, Charizard, and Wario in it and went through a lot of trouble to get it, she even missed work to get it for me (don't think she got a big penalty for it though) and she had to be there for hours with their website crashing. I didn't even ask for it, and she pre-ordered the Splatoon Bundle Pack while she was there too! 2 of my most anticipated figurines, :4greninja: and :4lucina:, are both pre-ordered, and so far we've got every Wave 4 figurine pre-ordered except Jigglypuff, and even then its not over! She's released on May 29th with all the others, which is the last day of school for me, and mom's gonna let me skip it and camp out at Target at 5 AM in the morning to go and get it! Maybe they'll have a few Marths too.... I hope.

To be honest, I am really scared that at least one of my preorders could end up getting cancelled and I will be soooo mad if they do, this is my most anticipated wave so far and I love collecting these! Even pre-orders aren't guaranteed, and I keep hearing about several wave 4s being cancelled in the UK and that it may happen to the US too :urg:... But if the retailers keep their promise and I manage to get them and Jiggs, I'll have every single wave 4 figurine! And I owe it all to mom! She also once drove really, really far to get me a :4metaknight:.... twice, and even though we didn't pre-order it was a success! I do owe her a LOT of money for the 6-pack and the splatoon stuff though, but its understandable and I'll try to make the money to pay her back.

I also really hope I can still get my hands on :4darkpit:,:4palutena:,:4olimar:, and :4bowserjr:; with or without her help. I still have yet to get Pit, Lucario, and Little Mac though... I want too much lol.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I just caved and bought :4ness: online for $38.
I still feel it was an OK deal. It could have been worse.

Also, I have a buddy scoping out for :4jigglypuff:preorders for me, which I am really grateful for. Maybe I'll get lucky who knows?

Updating....

HAVE: :4bowser::4kirby::4pikachu::4yoshi::4sheik::4samus::4tlink::4zelda::4peach::4megaman::4dedede::4dk:

ORDERED::4jigglypuff::4pacman::4ness:

WANT: :4robinm::4villager::4mario::4falco::4charizard::4wario::4lucina::4lucario::4mewtwo::4lucas::4littlemac::4rob::4metaknight::4ganondorf::4darkpit::4gaw::4bowserjr::4drmario::4greninja::4olimar:

DON'T CARE: :4falcon::4diddy::4duckhunt::4fox::4link::4luigi::4marth::4palutena::4pit::rosalina::4shulk::4sonic::4wiifit::4zss:

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Ugh. My mom sent me a picture of Fox amiibo while I was at work and all I can see is the amiibo in the little message preview so I got excited that she got me one until I bring up the photo and the cellphone web browser bars come up. She was showing me someone selling a Fox for $30.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've still yet to preorder that Lucina amiibo. She's the only one I ever want to complete my amiibo collection. I'm still debating on Robin though.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
I forgot to mention this, but last Sunday, along with :4jigglypuff: and :4ness:, I ordered :4metaknight: off of Amazon. The good thing about my :4metaknight: is that he's coming to me this Friday… which is also my sister's birthday. This is the quickest I've ever gotten an amiibo online. Also, my dad was unable to get my :4greninja: last monday. People were already there.

Last edited:

izumisempai

Smash Rookie
I keep wondering what would've happened if Nintendo released the SMB Amiibo first before the SSB Amiibo. I know that the Smash series is a lot more popular at the moment, but do you think it would've gave Nintendo some kind of warning about the Amiibo scarcity before it happened? Then again I guess it wouldn't have made a difference because there wasn't that much time in between both of their game's releases.

As of now I have: :4megaman::4pikachu:

Pre-Ordered: :4ness::4charizard::4pit:

Want: :4darkpit::4drmario::4zss::4robinm::4lucina:

Would sell my soul for: :4palutena:

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
The store called me today and told me my order will be dispatched tomorrow! I have trust issues with them as I ordered Little Mac from them before only to be told 3 days later (when my order was being delivered) that he's "sold out".

Oh the pain. Little Mac has slipped through my fingers..
Not to mention the pain of remembering that I held captain falcon in my hands and just... put him back... on the shelf...

It hurts more than you think.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Well, they arrived much earlier than I thought. My:4dedede: and :4lucario: actually arrived today, and my sister picked them up.
Here's a picture.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
That's too bad for you, homie...although I would feel the same for ZZS. I could care less about the stripper.

Anyways, I've yet to hear any details from GameStop about that Shulk amiibo I pre-ordered that's supposedly coming out next month.
im glad you like zero suit samus, she's incredible, however, don't talk **** about palutena thnx

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Guess what arrived today!

Personally, I think this batch of amiibos is, by far, the best looking ones. The sizes and details are absolutely great.

Amiibo collection update:
:4bowser::4myfriends::4kirby::4link:
:4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4fox:
:4lucina::4lucario::4luigi::4mario:
:4marth::4megaman::4peach::4pikachu:
:4pacman::4ness::4wario::4charizard:
:4robinm::4samus::4sheik::4shulk:
:4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wiifit:
:4yoshi::4zelda:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I gave up and decided to get Captain Falcon at 30 bucks today. The only one I'm willing to pay that much, just because it's Captain Falcon.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My mom managed pre-order Greninja yesterday and there were only 20 in the store she went to, who happens to be my main in Sm4sh and my personal favorite character: the amiibo I've literally been waiting for the most. She's preordered the 6-pack at Gamestop with Ness, Pac-Man, Lucina, Charizard, and Wario in it and went through a lot of trouble to get it, she even missed work to get it for me (don't think she got a big penalty for it though) and she had to be there for hours with their website crashing. I didn't even ask for it, and she pre-ordered the Splatoon Bundle Pack while she was there too! 2 of my most anticipated figurines, :4greninja: and :4lucina:, are both pre-ordered, and so far we've got every Wave 4 figurine pre-ordered except Jigglypuff, and even then its not over! She's released on May 29th with all the others, which is the last day of school for me, and mom's gonna let me skip it and camp out at Target at 5 AM in the morning to go and get it! Maybe they'll have a few Marths too.... I hope.

To be honest, I am really scared that at least one of my preorders could end up getting cancelled and I will be soooo mad if they do, this is my most anticipated wave so far and I love collecting these! Even pre-orders aren't guaranteed, and I keep hearing about several wave 4s being cancelled in the UK and that it may happen to the US too :urg:... But if the retailers keep their promise and I manage to get them and Jiggs, I'll have every single wave 4 figurine! And I owe it all to mom! She also once drove really, really far to get me a :4metaknight:.... twice, and even though we didn't pre-order it was a success! I do owe her a LOT of money for the 6-pack and the splatoon stuff though, but its understandable and I'll try to make the money to pay her back.

I also really hope I can still get my hands on :4darkpit:,:4palutena:,:4olimar:, and :4bowserjr:; with or without her help. I still have yet to get Pit, Lucario, and Little Mac though... I want too much lol.
Well...
Preorders are cancelled, damaged, and lost, all the time. It could be sold to another person in Toys R Us, or never make it to your house. Likeliest of all the many likelihoods, the store may not get enough.

There is a lot that can go wrong with this globally highly demanded product. There will be many things that go wrong.
That is my stance on it now, and it is necessary to prepare.

However, this is the important part... I wouldn't worry. Particularly if I were you. If you want to get the collection, you will. I say you, specifically, because it seems your mother will make sure she see you with them all. What we all must remember is that, though it sucks to buy them online at high prices- they will be available. Usually just at double the cost if you can keep an eye out for deals and combos.

I know we all stress about not getting them, and it is bull to pay double* the cost of a $1,000 collection in the first place- but if we want to get them, we will.

*Probably, amount and a half. About half in total are easy enough to find in stores and cheaply. Especially on discount days, and with more and more of the amiibo entering circulation.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I keep wondering what would've happened if Nintendo released the SMB Amiibo first before the SSB Amiibo. I know that the Smash series is a lot more popular at the moment, but do you think it would've gave Nintendo some kind of warning about the Amiibo scarcity before it happened? Then again I guess it wouldn't have made a difference because there wasn't that much time in between both of their game's releases.

As of now I have: :4megaman::4pikachu:

Pre-Ordered: :4ness::4charizard::4pit:

Want: :4darkpit::4drmario::4zss::4robinm::4lucina:

Would sell my soul for: :4palutena:
What an interesting theory...
*There should be a thread for amiibo theories... as well as customizations, games, training, hunting...*

I bet the whole amiibo fiasco wouldn't have even been as big of a deal in the first place. Nintendo could have easily printed the Mario figures- they are more simply designed, and fewer in number (even the first batch). There is already a lot of SuperMario merchandise anyway.

Most importantly, The Initial shock of '12 day runs' (When news hit Villager/WFT/Marth) would never have hit, leaving each wave to get more and more escalated. Or rather, if it did hit, we would have more trust in Nintendo if they had released a successfully stocked line prior, such as Super Mario woud have been.
It boils down to that. If Nintendo hadn't shown us they were handling these poorly at launch, and worse continually, then we would not have the amiibo problem today, which is a result of more and more people getting involved earlier and earlier. I don't think an unholy triad would have plagued the amiibo so quickly with a Super Mario line, and that was the necessary catalyst, which unfortunately happened less than two weeks after amiibo were in consumers' hands for the first time ever.

I think this is why Nintendo did NOT start with Mario. They see the power of their IPS now (mobile IPs, crossover games galore, lending out favorite IPs to third parties, the smash tournament, smash poll.* Starting with Smash gave a bigger kick in the pants for the amiibo, offers new characters in the selection (Mario, Pikachu... and yoga lady?), and made the whole thing highly anticipated. I believe I remember Sakurai saying somewhere that he was told he was using them in development, moreso than anything else.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
To be honest I hate how I can't get my hands on the rare amiibos. But without the rarity of these Amiibos Amiibo hunting wouldn't be that fun, and getting an amiibo like Rosalina wouldn't feel as rewarding.

With that being said I need a Pit right now, I want to get him before Palutena/Dark Pit

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My "Absolutely Need to Get" list includes:
:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4bowserjr::4yoshi::4zelda::4ganondorf::4samus::4fox::4kirby::4dedede::4olimar::4ness::4villager::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4shulk::4pikachu::4lucario::4charizard::4pacman::4sonic::4megaman:(:4duckhunt:)(:4rob:)

My "I'd like them, but they're not as much of a priority, but if I see them I'll get them" list:
:4peach::rosalina::4diddy::4wario:(:4falco:)(:4gaw:):4greninja::4jigglypuff:(:4mewtwo:):4metaknight:(:4lucas:):4lucina::4wiifit::4pit::4darkpit::4palutena::4falcon:(Toad)(Inkling Girl)

And my really small "I have these" list:
:4littlemac::4dk::4link:

"No Interest in Getting" List:
:4drmario:(:4mii:):4sheik::4tlink::4zss:(Super Mario Series minus Toad) (Yarn Yoshi)

Luckily for the "Absolutely need to get ones," a good amount of them are commons that I just haven't gotten to pick up yet. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom