• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mechageo

Smash Ace
With how rare Robin is, I feel like I'm going to end up trading my Gold Mario for one after all...

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Well, at least Gold Mario is supposed to be rare, being a collector's amiibo and all.
What can you say about the other amiibos?:roll:
Seeing the rarity chart on the amiibo subreddit, it looks like Ike, Shulk, DDD, Marth, Villager, WFT and a bunch other are just as or more rare:054:

Well, of course, the fact that Gold Mario is US Store Exclusive doesn't help, but still.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Dedede was (and still is) Decently common where I live. I had ordered Shulk/DDD/Little Mac and called 3 days later only to be informed that Lil mac is gone. Kind of broke my heart but hey, I got Shulk! DDD and Shulk lasted about a week or two in stores before they vanished.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Dedede was (and still is) Decently common where I live. I had ordered Shulk/DDD/Little Mac and called 3 days later only to be informed that Lil mac is gone. Kind of broke my heart but hey, I got Shulk! DDD and Shulk lasted about a week or two in stores before they vanished.
Do you live in the USA?

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
My parents were in Germany back in January, they were much easier to find there than they are here in the states.
I could not find any good stocks in France, It was disappointing. They only had Mario/Peach/Diddy Kong. And yes I checked multiple stores.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dedede being rare doesn't make sense, in my opinion. He should be decently common at least.
Yeah that kinda bugs me too. Dedede, Rosalina, and Pac-Man should not be this hard to find (Pac-Man is definitely rare in the UK, and I can't find him anywhere here in Ireland).

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
how do people have :4palutena:&:4zss: pre-ordered already ..! I'm dying for them
and did i see people also pre-ordered :4mewtwo:&:4lucas:???

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
how do people have :4palutena:&:4zss: pre-ordered already ..! I'm dying for them
and did i see people also pre-ordered :4mewtwo:&:4lucas:???
Some UK sites had a load of upcoming Amiibos up for pre-order, and Australia just had every Smash character's Amiibo up for pre-order, even the unannounced ones.

I myself have every May, June, and July Smash Amiibo pre-ordered on ShopTo.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Some UK sites had a load of upcoming Amiibos up for pre-order, and Australia just had every Smash character's Amiibo up for pre-order, even the unannounced ones.

I myself have every May, June, and July Smash Amiibo pre-ordered on ShopTo.
and those are trustworthy places to order from ? i mean i'd kill for a palutena & zss but i don't know how those websites work

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Palutena's amiibo looks GORGEOUS! It's one of those Amiibos that will sell out BECAUSE they look good.
Also Dr.Mario!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
and those are trustworthy places to order from ? i mean i'd kill for a palutena & zss but i don't know how those websites work
I've heard ShopTo is reliable enough for pre-orders on Amiibos. They're good for games anyway, as I pre-ordered games from them twice in the past.

---------

So I got a new desk for my room today:

My old Amiibo display for comparison:

Palutena's amiibo looks GORGEOUS! It's one of those Amiibos that will sell out BECAUSE they look good.
Also Dr.Mario!
I kinda disagree on Palutena. I think her Amiibo looks like a tacky, creepy porcelain doll.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I've heard ShopTo is reliable enough for pre-orders on Amiibos. They're good for games anyway, as I pre-ordered games from them twice in the past.

---------

So I got a new desk for my room today:

My old Amiibo display for comparison:

I kinda disagree on Palutena. I think her Amiibo looks like a tacky, creepy porcelain doll.
To each their own, But your display looks great! Good job.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I'm not really feeling (:4shulk:) the Palutena amiibo myself. She does have that porcelain doll look.

Speaking of Shulk, it would kind of awesome if they have a third set of racing suits and had one based on him. The helmet could be based on the Monado and change arts depending on you're doing in the race. Speed if you boost, jump if you trick, shield if you're holding an item, etc.... Too bad I've never actually seen a Shulk amiibo! :p

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I managed to get the last Toad back when MP10 was released. I saw him at a few places during that weekend, but I haven't seen him since. He's probably uncommon, since the online prices for him aren't super crazy.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Does anyone know where to get Toad?
He isn't particularly hard to find honestly. Even I still see him in GameStop and what not. Can you not find him in your local area?

------------

If anyone has a spare Lucario (any region) and wants Gold Mario, I can hook you up with someone who will give you a Gold Mario for it. He's trading me Gold Mario for Ike, but he has another and he needs Lucario. He is legit, he contacted me on /r/amiibo after a post I made. He sent me a photo of the Gold Mario with his reddit user name and today's date written on a piece of paper beside it.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I got my Robin and Lucina amiibo (that I had preordered two months ago) in Gamestop yesterday and was told that the store had not received any amiibo for sale, only ones that had been ordered in advance.

Good to know for future purchases. I intend on ordering Palutena as soon as I physically can.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I still think seeing the "Rosalina amiibo Target exclusive" banner is hilarious each time I go in there. It's like they planned her to be there a long time. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is Ireland even worse?
With the exception of Ike, yes.

Kirby and Zelda are borderline unicorn, Diddy is rare, Smash Luigi is getting rare.

We got ONE Rosalina. Only a few stray Shulks, Dededes, and Meta Knights in Dublin, and were probably just cancelled pre-orders. Same with Little Mac.

Pac-Man, Lucina, Robin, and Ness were supposed to come out yesterday but they are nowhere to be found.

Sonic and Mega Man are also pretty much gone now. They seem to be discontinued.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
With the exception of Ike, yes.

Kirby and Zelda are borderline unicorn, Diddy is rare, Smash Luigi is getting rare.

We got ONE Rosalina. Only a few stray Shulks, Dededes, and Meta Knights in Dublin, and were probably just cancelled pre-orders. Same with Little Mac.

Pac-Man, Lucina, Robin, and Ness were supposed to come out yesterday but they are nowhere to be found.

Sonic and Mega Man are also pretty much gone now. They seem to be discontinued.
I see. Sorry for the misconception.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Well I meant to say "There is a shortage alright" or something like that. But Nintendo needs to get their stuff together.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In all seriousness, Wave 1 and 2 weren't honestly that bad over here at first, though I think it was more because nobody cared about Amiibos here at the time. I was able to casually buy Marth, Villager, and WFT at the exact same time nearly two months after their release, and I remember my local Smyths had at least 5 Pits and Captain Falcons on release day for Wave 2.

My only imports thus far are Rosalina (Amazon DE), Bowser, and Toon Link (Amazon UK).

My friend in New York also has Shulk and Dedede secured for me. I should have Gold Mario soon too. And I have a bunch of pre-orders on Play-Asia and ShopTo, but they are really backups.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Everyone who doesn't live in the U.S. is lucky. I only ever find :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4pikachu::4zelda::4diddy::4sheik::4tlink::4sonic:.
I see Link, Samus, and Kirby all the time in Wisconsin. I also have all of those. That said, every country has Amiibo problems. They're severely understocked, and the damn scalpers aren't ever discouraged by simply putting a limit on how many can be bought at a single store of the same kind...

Top Bottom