• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I only have 2, (with my splatoon coming in may with only then bringing it up to 5), so posting my collection wouldn't be impressive.

Anyway, an idea I've been thinking about. With the splatoon amiibos looking to be common, does anyone think that Nintendo is purposely making only the smash amiibos hard to get? With every non-smash amiibo it will begin to be relatively easy to get?

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I only have 2, (with my splatoon coming in may with only then bringing it up to 5), so posting my collection wouldn't be impressive.

Anyway, an idea I've been thinking about. With the splatoon amiibos looking to be common, does anyone think that Nintendo is purposely making only the smash amiibos hard to get? With every non-smash amiibo it will begin to be relatively easy to get?
My guess is that they are trying to fix the issue its just takeing longer than we want it to but I guess they knew the splatoon would sell so they made more of them.

TheMadHatterer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheMadHatter1298
3DS FC
3926-5161-8105
I swear to the various Gods featured in many religions that I will mutilate somebody's shrine to Lucas if I miss out of the Ganondorf amiibo.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Got a 4-compartment display case for $1.50. Surprisingly decent, the compartments themselves are small though. Can't fit Bowser, Luigi, and Megaman (surprisingly tall) and Pikachu's tail barely fits in there. The next "level up" in quality/price from this seems to be around $35 - 50 which I'm not really willing to spend, specially since the slots seem to be even smaller. The measurenents are about 2-1/2" x 2-1/4" x 3"

Nymphonomicon

Smash Rookie
I quite desperately require a Kirby... I had a shot at one earlier, but I didn't have the cash at the time.

TheMadHatterer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheMadHatter1298
3DS FC
3926-5161-8105
I swear to the various Gods featured in many religions that I will mutilate somebody's shrine to Lucas if I miss out of the Ganondorf amiibo.
I quite desperately require a Kirby... I had a shot at one earlier, but I didn't have the cash at the time.
Kirby amiibos seem pretty common where I am. If you're in the US, check out Best Buy, Gamestop, Target, Walmart, or Toys r Us. Amazon is fairly well-stocked as well.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Where do you live that Kirby amiibos are anything but common?

Also I returned to Target today just cuz I was right next to it anyway, might as well check out the amiibo section. It was EXCLUSIVELY Mario characters. Plus Pikachu. Somehow they ran out of Diddys, I didnt even know that was possible
On the bright side though they at least had all of them. SSB+SM Mario/Peach/Luigi/Bowser/Yoshi. This also means that they're still stocking them somewhat, since they didnt even have Pikachu just a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Where do you live that Kirby amiibos are anything but common?
Europe, probably. Specifically the UK. He's quite hard to find here.

---------

Wario, Charizard, and Pac-Man definitely look the best of these guys:

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117

---------

Wario, Charizard, and Pac-Man definitely look the best of these guys:

Yeah Ness's eyes...wtf. I seriously hope that isn't the same case for Lucas. It makes me a bit not as sad that i didnt get a Ness amiibo now, lol.

ALso, Robin looks better than his original model made him out to be, he's not derpy or weird looking. Lucina looks decent, about the same, best FE amiibo imo. Wario, Pac Man and Charizard look great, definitely looking f orward to grabbing one later in May.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
0_0 Whoa...these amiibos look good...really good...........is it May 29th yet?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Robin actually doesn't look bad! I was worried about that.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
They all look very nice. The only criticism I can think of is instead Robin's face being too fat it might be a tiny bit too long. I much prefer it that way though than however they have it int he promotional photos.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110

---------

Goddammit now I HAVE to get Pac-Man and Lucina and Robin, among Ness and Charizard.
Are you trying to kill my finances? Goodness...

Also, you know someone messed up in the in-game character render department when the Lucina amiibo looks 10000x better than the official render.

funny how I originally wanted Wario the most but as time went on I just wanted the others ones so much more...

Last edited:

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Almost had my Ness order cancelled due to GAME having my old card details, but I phoned up and he is being dispatched today! :ness:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I don't know if I ever posted what I have, but:
Mario
Mario (Super Mario Line)
Luigi
Luigi (Super Mario Line- coming in the mail)
Yoshi
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Toon Link
Sheik (2)
Zelda
Captain Falcon (2)
Marth (2)
Pit
Kirby
Samus
Sonic
Mega Man
Pikachu
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting anxious now...they come out on Friday...it's Wednesday night in the UK...oh my days. I only have enough for two, maybe three...and my sister is being a sweetheart and going to get them for me because I'm at school...

Oh my days, I don't even have them pre-ordered, I'm doing this with all stakes...oh gods. I'm panicking. What if it's like Shulk, Meta Knight and King Dedede and GAME and Smyths don't get them? I only want Robin, Lucina and Ness, but then again, when Wave 3 came out I only wanted Shulk, Meta Knight and King Dedede and look what happened there oh my god I need to stop this isn't good for me I need advice good grief.

...I'm sorry.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm getting anxious now...they come out on Friday...it's Wednesday night in the UK...oh my days. I only have enough for two, maybe three...and my sister is being a sweetheart and going to get them for me because I'm at school...

Oh my days, I don't even have them pre-ordered, I'm doing this with all stakes...oh gods. I'm panicking. What if it's like Shulk, Meta Knight and King Dedede and GAME and Smyths don't get them? I only want Robin, Lucina and Ness, but then again, when Wave 3 came out I only wanted Shulk, Meta Knight and King Dedede and look what happened there oh my god I need to stop this isn't good for me I need advice good grief.

...I'm sorry.
Here in Ireland, Smyths completely removed Ness, Robin, Lucina, AND Pac-Man from their website.

I've never seen them "available" for pre-order on GameStop.ie either, only "Sold out".

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
All the smash amiibo seem to be sold out, though some of them still have the pre-order button. Still have a chance to get lucky. The Splatoon Amiibos are all still in stock though.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'd rob a bank just to get that Lucina amiibo. That's the only amiibo I want and I'll be done.

Still waiting word from GameStop about that Shulk amiibo I pre-ordered.

Last edited:

JipC

Smash Journeyman
So far Wario, Charizard, PacMan, and Inkling Girl have all been really easy to get pre-orders for. Feel a lot more safe on which ones I thought would be common/easy to get now. (And even though I've been trying to save money I pre-ordered all of them just to be safe)
And I bet Jiggs/Greninja would be easy to get too if not for the stupid exclusive stuff. Maybe cheap to import.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Walmart loves putting up preorders when I'm at work huh....

Also fun fact, I noticed that my Walgreens does sell Skylanders and the Disney Infinity figures. While there's no amiibo, the Dr Mario exclusive to Walgreens gag definitely could have some substance.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Wario's Amiibo looks glorious. I wish I had pre ordered it along with Robin, Lucina and Ness. In fact all these new Amiibo look really good, I'm gonna try and get my hands on them all this wave.

Last edited:

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
I got my hands on an import of all of wave 4 (except for greninja and jiggs).

They don't come until august though, so I'll try to get them before then so I would then cancel them.

I just wanted to make my friend who really wanted ness but barely missed out on pre orders happy.

Also, these might get canceled at this point due to pre orders having been up for more than a week, but it's still worth a shot if you want to get some wave 1 and 2 unicorns and wave 4 (these are all japan versions):
Marth:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-amiibo-marth-japan-version/1037361560-0-0-0-en/info.html

Pit:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-amiibo-pit-japan-version/1037361566-0-0-0-en/info.html

Fox:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-amiibo-fox-japan-version/1037361553-0-0-0-en/info.html

Ike:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-amiibo-ike-japan-version/1037609117-0-0-0-en/info.html

Rosaluma:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-amiibo-rosetta-chiko-japan-version/1037609124-0-0-0-en/info.html

Lucario:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-amiibo-lucario-japan-version/1037609123-0-0-0-en/info.html

Shulk:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-amiibo-shulk-japan-version/1038189299-0-0-0-en/info.html

Meta Knight:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-amiibo-meta-knight-japan-version/1037609122-0-0-0-en/info.html

Lucina:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-ami...s-japan-version/1038529943-0-0-0-en/info.html

Pac-Man:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-ami...s-japan-version/1038530191-0-0-0-en/info.html

Robin:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-ami...s-japan-version/1038530033-0-0-0-en/info.html

Ness:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-ami...s-japan-version/1038530124-0-0-0-en/info.html

Charizard:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-ami...s-japan-version/1038529502-0-0-0-en/info.html

Wario:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/wii-u-ami...s-japan-version/1038529423-0-0-0-en/info.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Purio

Smash Cadet
I caved and bought a Japanese Ness from eBay. Since I missed out on preorders, I figured I'd buy one now while he's at $40 rather than wait until later when he jumps in price.

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Dumb question, but I have kept my amiibo packaging, despite having ripped them open to get the amiibos.

As they aren't pristine I doubt they'd add any extra value to them if I decide to sell some in a few years.

Daz Larc

Smash Rookie
I feel sorry for those that did not get their preorders in for ToysRUs. I mean here in Canada I'm going to have to probably get to the closest ToysRUs at like 4 am just to be in a decent place in line when the mall opens at 9 am cause Canadian ToysRUs don't do preorders. I just wish those scalpers did not exist, I want to say "its just a toy its not worth $30 let alone $100" but I want it just as bad as others so that's kinda wrong. its just infuriating.

Also thinking of running an amiibo tournament in my area, has any specif format been laid out for those or is it just up to the TO in general to try and wing it?

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Dumb question, but I have kept my amiibo packaging, despite having ripped them open to get the amiibos.
I keep my packaging too, lord knows why. I even tape up the plastic so they (slighty) hold together. It looks okay at a distance. xD

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I wonder how much will be valued rare unopened Amiibos like Shulk, Ness or Wii Fit Trainer in like 5 years.
I wonder about this too. I get the impression nothing has truly been discontinued and they'll all be restocked at some point, meaning these current shortages are temporary. Why else would Target put up Rosalina ads months after she's been sold out?

It's entirely possible that these things have already hit their peak value, and they're going to drop in value over time as Nintendo catches up to demand. Just a theory.

Top Bottom