• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Pac-Man will probably be on shelves for a while too considering Sonic and Mega Man lasted a good while.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Weird, just got an email from Amazon.UK stating that the Charizard I ordered has been dispatched and will arrive on May 15th?

I have no idea what to make of this. :ohwell:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
So with the new batch of racing costumes in Mario Kart, I just had to stick dear old MTP into the Rosalina costume. Pretty evil, I know.

I can imagine Pac-Man will be pretty common. Being the icon of video games probably helps. :p

Last edited:

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
My current collection is: :4bowser::4falcon::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4kirby::4link::4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4peach::4pikachu::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::4tlink::4yoshi::4zelda:
I also have a second - :4tlink: :4yoshi:(Mario line) :4mario:(Mario line) :4luigi:(Mario line) and :4megaman: - however I've customized those.
I have :4pacman: And :4wario: on pre-order.
Only amiibo I'm SUPER HYPE FOR is :4mewtwo:, since I've already got my mains anway. But then again, I like to hunt, and I tend on getting the entire Smash line at the very least.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

This racing suit is amazing.

10/10, best way to lure in your waifu is to wear her gear.

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
I caved and bought a Japanese Ness from eBay. Since I missed out on preorders, I figured I'd buy one now while he's at $40 rather than wait until later when he jumps in price.
You could have gotten him for $20 on the link i posted earlier

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Welp, my hunt for :4wario::4charizard::4pacman::4lucina::4robinm::4ness: begins tomorrow.

Wish me luck. Wario and Charizard are a sure thing, but the others are all up in the air for me (though I figure one of the GameStops will at least have Pac-Man).

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Which wave fours are going to be easy to get?
Considering the entire wave sold out faster than wave 3, I would say none of them are going to be easy to get. Other than possibly Charizard, Wario, and Pac Man, I am guessing all the other figures will quickly hit Unicorn status.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Checking all of the websites in Ireland, I can't buy anyone online except for Wario. :\

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Weird, just got an email from Amazon.UK stating that the Charizard I ordered has been dispatched and will arrive on May 15th?

I have no idea what to make of this. :ohwell:
I was going to say that sometimes Amazon SELLERS can be from the US or other countries, but if you ordered it specifically through Amazon themselves then I am a bit stumped.

That said, even with normal free delivery my Amazon orders have usually taken only 3 (maybe 4 at worst) days.

-------------------------

In other news, I am at work but I got a text to say that my Ness is at home! WOOOOOO. :grin: :4ness:

Last edited:

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
With Ness officially being in Europe, I decided to get insider information and mayhaps even get him as well. Even with Sweden's amiibo supply being a hellluva lot healthier than that of most of the world, the GameStop I decided to scavenge couldn't even order any Nesses before they sold out. I've preordered from them instead I:
The clerks confirmed Ness is of unicorn rarity. Was it unexpected? No. Is it still gutwrenching? Absolutely. Let's have fun selling our souls to Mephistopheles.

Last edited:

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
I expect that a vast majority of this wave will be like gold dust in the UK.

It is sad, because here in Norwich, we have a good 6-7 shops that could have them but won't most likely.

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
I kinda wish Nintendo would release a Rob amiibo add on for the actual rob the robot. I am probably boing to pre order two robs to try and make this possible. Although I have yet to buy a single amiibo, I am still waiting for the regular 3ds attachment to be released in the US.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
...So, Wave 4 is officially released in the UK, and so far, my dear sister managed to get me the LAST WARIO godangit and the LAST CHARIZARD in the area. No Robin. No Lucina. No Ness. No Pac-Man. Ffs.

Prices have blown up on Amazon UK, they're not available yet on GAME, and are sold out in Smyths and Argos. Jeez.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My haul for today.

IMAG0183.jpg

Yes, MP10 was a "sulk purchase", since the Amiibo situation here truly has gotten dire. Wario and Charizard are the only ones I could find, and they were scarce too.

Argos was selling that bundle for €47. Everywhere else was selling it for €60, and the game alone for €50. Since the Argos near college had 2 left, but my local one had none, and I finish college next week, I figured now would be a good time to get the game.

However, there is a small glimmer of hope for me regarding the other 4 - when I asked if they got any new Amiibos in my local GameStop, they didn't have any (apparently they were only fulfilling pre-orders with this Wave - something I will do from now on). However, the guy said he could try order some in for me. So I gave him my number and all that and he'll get back to me on it. Fingers crossed. I also have Ness, Lucina, and Robin still on pre-order on Play Asia for that re-run.

Also, two of the Ike Amiibos in Smyths had messed up Ragnells:

IMAG0181.jpg

Also here is the Amiibo display in my local Smyths:

IMAG0182.jpg

They had Wario and Charizard displayed separately. 4 Warios and 6 Charizards, and I now have one of each of those of course.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Is Gold Mario really that rare? I'm wondering if it's worth it to hold onto one to try to trade for my main later.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is Gold Mario really that rare? I'm wondering if it's worth it to hold onto one to try to trade for my main later.
Of course he is. He is literally designed to be a collector's item. He's also exclusive to US and Canada so far, with no word of an international release.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
For anyone wanting to see Robin amiibo in more detail:

Took these from the amiibo subreddit I should stop lurking that place, it's making me sad
There's some other Wave 4 shots there, too, but none with good quality photos or various angles as this one was, though.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Yeah! Where's the source? I want to add it to my collection!

Also, anyone planning to go to Toys R Us this coming Monday to pre-order Greninja?
Ehhh... found out about this one a bit too late. Can't really think of a great way to swing playing hookie from work to go stand in a line on such short notice. Guess this isn't exactly news, since the first article I found was from 4/3, so totally my own fault this time.

Seriously, why do they keep doing this on work days?

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman

Took these from the amiibo subreddit I should stop lurking that place, it's making me sad
There's some other Wave 4 shots there, too, but none with good quality photos or various angles as this one was, though.
...*sniff* He looks so good....why can't I get one? Goddangit it makes me so sad...

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721

I really love the attention to detail with the inside of his book.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Got my Wario amiibo, today!

It feels so good to finally get my only true main and favorite Nintendo character as an amiibo.

It's a pretty snazzy one, too! A wonderful paint job, the stiches on his jeans jacket are very detailed and the figure is well colored as well.

My only nitpick is the upper inside of his mouth, which is left white. You don't really see that if you are not looking at it from below, so no worries. He still looks Wa-nderful, Wa-esome, Wa-mazing and Wa-stounding!

Wa.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
*Curls up* I'm not ready for this... I'M NOT READY FOR THIS!
I'm STILL stuck! I haven't gotten Pit/Captain Falcon/Rosalina/Meta Knight.
AND NOW I NEED TO GET WAVE 4
OH GOD WHY!?
I imagine Charizard/Wario/Splatoon amiibos are going to be everywhere. Everywhere but where I live, ofcourse. Ness is going to be the most rare one I think, because his games are a mere memory nowadays. Robin and Lucina will probably be the Mega-man and Sonic of this wave.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
There is one other nitpick I have with the Wario amiibo.

Nintendo has THE chance to unlock Wario's Biker Outfit in Mario Kart 8 with the amiibo. But nooooooes, Mii suits -.-

Kendude

Smash Cadet
bestbuy.ca has preorders up. By the time I realized they were up, Robin and Lucina were long gone. Currently Pac Man, Wario, Charizard and the splatoon stuff are all there so gogogo. :grin:

So now with Charizard preordered now along with Ness, this wave is half done assuming my Ness preorder doesn't get dinked with by EB Games.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
Managed to get Robin and Lucina today! And you know the deal with EB Games Aus and how they have Wave 5 and the DLC character amiibos pre-orderable...

Well, I managed to pre-order Lucas and Mewtwo from them. The clerk said they'd be sought out and probably even more rare than Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer so I decided to play it safe and do that.

Either way I'm pretty pleased with today! On another note, here's a little satirical thing I did poking fun at everyone who keeps screaming about Lucina being their waifu:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
*Curls up* I'm not ready for this... I'M NOT READY FOR THIS!
I'm STILL stuck! I haven't gotten Pit/Captain Falcon/Rosalina/Meta Knight.
AND NOW I NEED TO GET WAVE 4
OH GOD WHY!?
I imagine Charizard/Wario/Splatoon amiibos are going to be everywhere. Everywhere but where I live, ofcourse. Ness is going to be the most rare one I think, because his games are a mere memory nowadays. Robin and Lucina will probably be the Mega-man and Sonic of this wave.
I would love for :4robinm::4lucina: to be the :4sonic::4megaman: of this wave but they seem like more of the :4dedede::4myfriends: as much as I want them to be common.

Top Bottom