• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Honestly surprised that I managed to find a Toad amiibo at Wal Mart this morning. While I've given up on the wave three characters that I've been looking for and still haven't gotten yet (Dedede, Meta Knight, and Shulk), it's good to see that I can still find some surprises when I go out looking.

Khao

Smash Lord
Personally, I thin lucas would be doing the middle of the taunt animation we saw in the trailer, like a couple frames after this.
You mean the pose for the amiibo? I'm pretty sure it's gonna be this:

(Which is awesome, as it likely means no awkward transparent support pillars.)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Time to make my day happier, and open an amiibo or two.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Hope not, they are the most common out of all of them. I see kirby, toon link, sonic, and pikachu all the time at my gamestop. However... Smash Yoshi is rare where I live... even outside of gamestop.
That's...unusual.I guess it depends on what area you are,as some characters might be more popular in one than another.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Which reminds me, I need to keep my eyes out for a Lucas amiibo whenever that becomes a thing.

Budgeting for these plastic nightmares is gonna be memorable, to say the least - oh me, oh my~

kylexv

Smash Master
Have (in order of obtaining): :4mario::4dk::4samus::4yoshi::4fox::4link::4kirby::4pikachu::4zelda::4diddy::4luigi::4sonic:
Definitely will get: :4bowser::4megaman:
Will get if I see: :4villager::4falcon::rosalina:
Possible Wave 4-6 Amiibos I may get: :4wario::4bowserjr::4drmario::4pacman::4ness::4jigglypuff::4olimar:
Might get: :4peach::4metaknight::4dedede::4sheik:

Amiibo I've seen, but don't have:
:4peach::4wiifit::4bowser::4tlink::4megaman:
Every Mario Party amiibo except Toad?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I now collect Disney Infinity as well, just to have a worthwhile hunt, on occasion.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
My IRL school friend showed me his Marth amiibo during homeroom today and now I'm envious. But hey, it's the first time I've seen a Marth up close so I'm glad for him.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh hey, Target now has links up! If this mean they are finally ready, then I need to tell my mom to be extra careful in this. This doesn't mean they will have the pre-orders up by today, but I do need to be prepared this week.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm from Italy, and as of right now my Amiibo collection consists of Yoshi, Marth, Bowser, Shulk, Fox, Samus, and Link. All are still packaged, I decided not to open them to see how much they're valued in a few years if they're not even opened.
I've also pre-ordered Ness and the Squid Amiibo in the European limited edition of Splatoon.

I'm not into "hunting" them too much, I just buy a couple every once in a while from the store I usually go to. The only one I regret "missing" is Captain Falcon, he's like 40 bucks on Amazon right now. Hopefully they will be restocked some time in the future.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Oh hey, Target now has links up! If this mean they are finally ready, then I need to tell my mom to be extra careful in this. This doesn't mean they will have the pre-orders up by today, but I do need to be prepared this week.
Oh God.

Someone alert me!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I secured a Lucina from Yesasia. They don't ship out till the end of July but honestly this is going to be the one I get for my sister. Gonna be roughy getting a Lucina on launch. Could've gotten Robin too but I'll take my chances.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
This whole Amiibo fiasco is getting to me, I just preordered Palutena, Greninja, Dark Pit, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus and Inkling Boy & Girl all in one go.

Somebody, please confiscate my wallet....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They do have the links, but I can't 'add to cart' as it is grayed out and it says "not sold online"
Please tell me this isn't gonna be like how it was at GameStop.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
as far as Amiibo's go:
My Original goal was to get the top 10 of Melee; Ice Climbers ruined that, not their fault.. ;A;
Had Peach from the very start (yep, paid $13 for her, sigh)
After seeing work done by Akairiot (wonderful artist) I decided my goal is to get the "Ladies of Sm4sh"
bought Zelda and Sheik immediately ( Hyrule Warriors definitely pushed that purchase )
Rosalina I found on a last second ebay auction and only cost $30
Just recieved WiiFit Trainer in the mail today and had to get the EU ver but still paid only $20 for it

Left on the list: Lucina, Robin, Palutena, and ZSSamus. Gonna be haaarrdd work DDD;

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
AskTarget said the pre-orders would be up for purchase on 5/29.
The thing that needs to be understood though is that apparently a similar situation happened with Jigglypuff. And that wasn't exactly pretty. So I'm keeping an eye out for both Target and Amazon now for the splatoon set.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
I finally have the Villager amiibo in my posession and so, here's a picture of it on my bed.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
24 hours til my replays are eradicated. (Wrong thread for that)

@ ChiePet ChiePet Akairiot is the man, I might just throw some scratch his way one of these days.

I just want to preorder Robin and Lucina from Amazon, is that too much to ask???

Last edited:

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
Have : :4link: :4pikachu: :4fox: :4mario: :4peach: :4luigi: :4samus: :4sonic: :4megaman: :4diddy: :4dk: :4bowser: :4myfriends: :4lucario: :4tlink: :4sheik: :4yoshi: and Toad
Must have : :4palutena: :4lucas: :4pacman: :4lucina: :4ness:
If miracles happen : :4shulk: :rosalina:

It's so hard to find amiibos, I always miss the preorders, and I really don't want to pay more than 15 euros for one of them
When I see Rosalina at 99 euros on some french sites, or even Little Mac at 150 euros, I really hope a restock
Good luck if you want to have all of them!

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
How did people manage to pre-order these things?! They went so friggin fast. I have every single one that's released so far, but I feel like wave 4 and everything else after will be the end of it just because it's impossible to get them now.

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
The only amiibo I even own is :4yoshi:. I don't have the money or time to track down any of the rare/nice ones. But when I had 20 dollars on a GameStop card and called ahead to confirm the day of wave 4, they didn't have my :4charizard: pre-order. All they had left were Lucina and Wario, who I regret not picking up. Not that I have the money for them, but a friend of mine avidly collects them and was missing only those two at the time. I didn't know till after that they would have gladly traded me a Zard for one of them. I couldn't even go back because the bus wouldn't get me there before they were closed, and even so they sold their last Lucina as I was leaving. I just want a Charizard, man :(

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
24 hours til my replays are eradicated. (Wrong thread for that)

@ ChiePet ChiePet Akairiot is the man, I might just throw some scratch his way one of these days.

I just want to preorder Robin and Lucina from Amazon, is that too much to ask???

You get me, haha; I'm planning to throw him some dolla's on pay day, man is well beyond needing it but whatever keeps it going!

I wish I could have just found a way to secure Lucina and Robin for this wave.. I feel like trying to get them is going to be Day 1 store hopping at Walmart/Target/Gamestops that are off the usual beaten path. Fingers Crossed!

Anyone know when Wave 4 drops in stores? I remember May 20-something..

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
@ ChiePet ChiePet I'm pretty sure wave 4 comes out on the 27th of May. I'm still holding out for Amazon US preorders.

izumisempai

Smash Rookie
Wave 4 comes out on May 29 in the U.S. but I think the rest of the world gets them way early. I imported a :4pit: from Play Asia. If he manages to get a restock in the U.S. and is released with the other Kid Icarus characters, I'll be extremely disappointed in myself for being impatient and jumping the gun.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
How did people manage to pre-order these things?! They went so friggin fast. I have every single one that's released so far, but I feel like wave 4 and everything else after will be the end of it just because it's impossible to get them now.
A bit of luck, some determination, and much networking.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Welps, looks like it's camping out for Wave 4 next month (no Toys R Us near my college campus) when I'm back home. Should be fun...

DrXenoPootis

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrXenoPootis
3DS FC
3969-6817-9705
I really wish Nintendo would at least have enough Wave 4 after scalpers come in and capitalize. Sigh.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
I found a really nice mini "cubby"-type collectors display at Daiso (Japanese $1.50 store, its like other dollar stores except... japanese. And not trashy as hell)
Seems perfect for my collection except I don't see Bowser fitting in it at all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What would be nice is if they made it clear companies wouldn't allow sales of more than 2 Amiibo max per per customer. That would help. I say 2, because I know what it's like buying for a friend.(I didn't get a chance to, but I certainly will if I can) I can respect 1 per, though.

GMSTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GMSTerra
Australia very rarely run into preorder problems, but they're still very limited in stock here (I couldn't get Ike or Shulk because of this). We also surprisingly don't have exclusives here.

I currently own Link and Pikachu, and my sister owns Yoshi and Zelda. I have my Robin and Lucina coming later this month (Australia gets them early) and preordered Ganondorf (to finish the triforce trinity), the Splatoon children (I can't for the life of me, get the triple pack for some reason, we don't have the squid special edition either) and helped my sister preorder the Yarn Yoshi cause its really adorable :)

Top Bottom